As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zakrello Appreciation Thread [Gunpla]

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    @Athenor Might I tempt you down the path of the GM?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Need more deets, what is that?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    The GM is the mass-produced version of the Gundam. Started production during the One Year War and it and its successors have been the staple of Federal forces ever since. Comes in all sorts of flavors! Regular, sniper, command, space! It's a Gundam, but less interesting!

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

So Bandai Hobby twitter seems to be hinting at an Exia 2.0 MG

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    The GM is the mass-produced version of the Gundam. Started production during the One Year War and it and its successors have been the staple of Federal forces ever since. Comes in all sorts of flavors! Regular, sniper, command, space! It's a Gundam, but less interesting!

It took me way to long to realize the reason they pronounce it a “Jim” is the same reason they call Jeep’s, well, Jeeps

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I am an easy mark, whom has a problem.

QHcMyoFh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Nice I have that set on preorder.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Is your problem no suitable 1/144 RX-78-2 to complete the diorama?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

The thought crossed my mind...

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Honestly, since the set comes with multiple stand risers to hold everything I have been tempted to get the different various 1/144 Grandpas set up on each one doing a multi-front battle.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    You may have caught a glimpse of the box for my next model, hiding out of focus behind my fresh painted Lightning Gundam. Well I spent today vibing at the store assembling one very red boye.

l5tHu34.jpg

Curiously, this kit did not contain a single sticker or decal! I will need to experiment with panel lining the legs and arms. I will also need to see about closing up some of the seams.

...Can you guess what my next kit in the queue is?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    Oh hey, an update that the Phenex narrative is scheduled to be delivered in the next three weeks...

*Cries in backlog*

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Speaking of, I just got a shipment date for Vayate and Mercurius and the four (4) maganacs I ordered.

and I haven't even started on my MG Sandrock...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I too have received a shipping date for my OZ suits!

I think the Leo + Weapons set might have so much stuff I'll need a second Leo to put the rest on...

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »

I think the Leo + Weapons set might have so much stuff I'll need a second Leo to put the rest on...

That's what the regular Leos I already have are for, yes...

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »

There's enough in there to fully kit out 3 really. Or maybe 4, if you wanna give somebody double shield shoulders.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    What scale are the OZ suits as one bad sale page says 1/144 ?

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What scale are the OZ suits as one bad sale page says 1/144 ?

Yeah they're all 1/144

I wish they would give us some 1/100 OZ suits. Proper MGs, too.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Yeah the leo kits are in the scale of the 1/144 HG kits.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hey, got a shoutout from my local Gunpla club - someone looking for a couple broken / replacement parts.
    Hey guys, this may be a long shot, but I have a MBF-02VV Gundam Astray Turn Red that i just finished, and then this happened...! Bandai is giving me a runaround bc amazon said to contact them, and they said they don't deal with Amazon. Anyway. I'm looking for 1 MG hip joint. In my parts, it is E1-33 or E1-32. If anyone has a lead i would really appreciate it. Hate that I finished my build, and now he can't even pose. Thanks

2aka10t7dkke.png

If you can help in any way, can you PM me? I'm acting as a gobetween and do not know this individual, so I can't vouch for anything, but I still want to help out other hobbyists.

• Options
    I was reminded that apparently, next month, Square Enix is launching a line of Xenogears model kits; about 80 bucks for a volume of four Gears, including Weltall.

Which... seems a decent deal, except for the fact that they have absolutely no color separation whatsoever, akin to their Front Mission kits

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    I think their only recourse are through bluefin’s part replacement program or buying a new kit entirely.

I don’t know how well it’ll hold given the stress that joint is under, but if they don’t mind leaving it in a fixed pose, they could at least buy some stability out of some tamiya extra thin to repair the joint after disassembly of the joint.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    That said weird that Bandai would be giving them a runaround? While shit’s slow at the moment, Bluefin has a pretty solid policy on replacement parts for situations like this (assuming this is still within 90 days of purchase)

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bluefin is the North American distributor and is responsible for replacement parts in their territory. So no, it's not really weird that Bandai wouldn't help.

• Options
    It is annoying that Polar lights aka AMT with the Star Trek models still uses the old models from 30+ years ago with Stickers!
    The really annoying part is they are all over scale wise from 1-1000 for various ships 1-3200 for the Romulan Warbird. They have two different Klingon D 7's I do not know the scale of one but the one I do want is 1:350

• Options
    Shin Getter's best friend was completed today! After all, what's an unstoppable force without an immovable object?

ZXwzZVf.jpg

I gotta say, this guy was stubborn in spots. Panel gaps, tight fits... I think this might be an older kit. But boooy is it a cool one.

mHDFtGo.jpg

Best buds!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There are some foil stickers that go on the internal frame of the RG Nu's legs that are then completely covered up by the armor

Come on, guys

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Heffling wrote: »
    Bluefin is the North American distributor and is responsible for replacement parts in their territory. So no, it's not really weird that Bandai wouldn't help.

True but I could have sworn Bandai owns bluefin now

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    There are some foil stickers that go on the internal frame of the RG Nu's legs that are then completely covered up by the armor

Come on, guys

I appreciate this sort of thing because it allows for kitbashing and modifications to remain visually accurate and interesting.

Also, perhaps think about it in Bob Ross terms: that sticker is a fun little secret.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Come on, guys

I know the sticker you are talking about, and if you flex the joint it will be visible.

• Options
    Okay I’ve decided

The Zaku I is the better looking suit than the Zaku II

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Lanz wrote: »
    Okay I’ve decided

brotherrrrrrrr

• Options
    They should do a Zaku I 2.0 MG.

• Options
    did they ever make an rg zaku 1? that didn't suck? i remember reading the rg zaku sucked but never looked into it too deep, have been focused on non-zeon suits since getting back in the hobby

• Options
    though i uh may have broken that seal recently
    73zfdaafjv05.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    RG zaku was one of the first 2 so I wouldn't be surprised if the engineering was a little wonky, they've drastically improved the design quality of the RGs as they've gone on

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Okay I’ve decided

like the basic Zaku II more than the basic Zaku I but dear god do I love the custom Zaku I's.

vsxkbqxrgy4d.png

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    FkHu7GY.jpg

The Cooler Rayquaza, AKA the M.S.G. Dragon Arms "Ryuubi" and "Agito" in their combined form. Between the two sets there's like eight individual weapons. I kinda want to see if they'll all fit on just one model...

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    RG zaku was one of the first 2 so I wouldn't be surprised if the engineering was a little wonky, they've drastically improved the design quality of the RGs as they've gone on

I'm still kind of surprised they didn't announce a new RG Grandpa for the anniversary last year.

This discussion has been closed.