As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

An event among the stars 4140 years in the making: Star Wars Vector

Bloods EndBloods End Blade of TyshallePunch dimensionRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in Graphic Violence
14912.jpg

Currently there are four ongoing SWs comics Knights of the Old Republic (Taking place 4000 yeas before the events of the movie) Dark Times, (Shortly after Revenge of the Sith in the Purge Era), Rebellion, (The time period after Yavin during the Galactic Civil War), and Legacy which takes place 140 years after the movies with Luke's ancestor Cade Skywalker.

How does a cross over work when non of the comics take place in the same time period? Your guess is as good as mine. Evidently it will run through 4 issues of KOTOR, 2 of DT, 2 of Rebellion, and 4 of Legacy.

Heres the closest I can find to a plot summary
"When a terrible vision reaching more than 4,000 years into the future alerts the secret Jedi Covenant to the importance of Taris, they activate an operative already on this planet overrun by Mandalorians. There, in the deadly Undercity, a monstrous, ancient threat is unleashed that plunges Zayne Carrick, the Padawan accused of killing his fellow students, into an adventure which will eventually span four thousand years and involve Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and the principals of the Legacy series."

Newsarama interview with Randy Stradly (editor for SW at Dark Horse)
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=133122

Interview with writers Miller, Ostrander, and artist and plotter Duursema
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=133255

I have no idea what is going on, but I am all tingly inside. It will either be really cool or completly terrible.
Heres hoping for the former

397px-SwKOTOR25.jpg

Bloods End on

• Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As someone not currently reading Star Wars monthlies this excites me. I may have to pick this up

smokmnky on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    methinks they stylized darth vader a bit too much.

Angry on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    methinks they stylized darth vader a bit too much.

They had to do something to give him back all the cool he lost in the prequels, right?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm still stuck on Legacy 11 or so, obviously I need to catch up

edit: whoa, holy shit Hulk-Vader

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I haven't read any of the Star Wars comics in a while. About a year ago I hit some REALLY HARD financial times (I was actually homeless for two months) so obviously no comics for a bit and once I got back into comics I've really only been buying stuff from the big two and Hack/Slash for the most part. Could I just buy KOTOR #25 to start off Vector and be okay?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, it's pretty accesible to new readers. Theres a lot of exposition to get people caught up.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The first comic book I ever bought was Shadows of the Empire, but I haven't read a Star Wars comic since. Maybe now would be a good time to jump in... are they actually good?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    KOTOR is really really fun. Its nice seeing a Jedi who isn't actually good at what he does. He's just so pathetic at it that it works. Dark Times is good, and the first story arc was just heartbreaking. It suffers from a lot of delays though. Legacy is just badass. It is the best of the bunch. Rebellion isn't really engaging. I pick it up, but more out of love for the previous series, Empire, then anything else. Its just sorta there.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cool. Guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    are there any good trades that might catch me up on some of the story? this crossover sounds pretty interesting

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Your best bet would be getting the two KOTOR and Legacy trades first, since their authors are the real force behind the project. KOTOR has three, Commencement, Flashpoint, and Days of Fear, Nights of Anger. Legacy has one, Broken.

You could pick up the Rebellion and Dark Times trades to get he back story on them. They are My Brother, My Enemy, and Path to Nowhere.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    The Dark Times trade is worth picking up for the artwork alone. Douglas Wheatley really seems to "get" Star Wars in a way that most of the artists don't. It's too bad his work is obviously so time consuming. It's be nice to have him on a monthly basis.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    And it wouldn't be an event without goofy sigs

GO GO BAD PAINT SKILLS.

zaynesigru3.png

cadesigpf8.png

lukesigdk8.png

vadersigkf0.png

Bloods End on