As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 23- Undead Siege

1444547495054

Posts

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Whistle looks at Arno. "Puggles? That's really what your going with?"

    The distraction is more than enough for the pirate to pull the shot too far to the left.

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack had expected the raging beast to pull them off and was bracing for it, but instead his two companions reigned it in like a wild horse. "Huh. Good job guys. Remind me not to arm wrestle you when you're pissed..." Not one to pass up the opportunity he quickly reloads the pistol and fires it at the large shape beneath them once more, feeling his confidence with the weapon increasing.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Flintlock Shot
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Shot Damage

    Flintlock Shot:
    1d20+5 15 [1d20=10]
    Shot Damage:
    1d10+4 5 [1d10=1]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The Legendary Manta is held by Oak and the Ship’s Line….pinned and tethered through one wing by Ux’s harpoon shot…the creature’s blood is beginning to seep into the water rapidly

    Feeling the life ebb out of it, the fish becomes desperate! Arching its back, the creature wheels itself up, in an attempt to spin around!

    The Legendary Manta senses the end, and is attempting to *spin* its wings against the boat, flipping it over and casting the three of you into the ocean! Please make a Dexterity Saving Throw (DC 16) to see if you manage to keep your feet, and stay astride the Long Boat as it flips!

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    Jack, already braced from before, rolls his hips and lets the boat move below him until it stabilises with him still on it, "HA! Not this time!"

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Dex Save

    Dex Save:
    1d20+4 20 [1d20=16]

    Glal on
    mrpaku
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    The boat lives beneath him, but Oak has been on boats for long enough to sense where it's going. He barely even notices the attempt as he is completely consumed by fighting this creature on the rod.


    Geth, roll 2d20k1+2 for Dex

    Dex:
    2d20k1+2 22 [2d20k1=[20], 17]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    Bern curses up a storm, his sentence left unfinished as he plops into the drink.


    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Manta Surfing

    Manta Surfing:
    1d20+1 6 [1d20=5]

    Endless_Serpents on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Jack and Oak stay astride the overturned watercraft! Bern gets *tossed* well into the ocean!

    As the *bloodied* creature senses the Old Bard hit the water, it angrily closes in. At the moment brushing the spectral Platypus aside, the Manta swims down upon Bern, the tiny plates that makes up its mouth shifting against each other as it makes for your left leg…

    The Legendary Manta has decided not to attempt to flee again, pinned as he is: rather, it intends to take down *as many of you with it as it possibly can* in his death throes…Oak and Jack! You are within range to attack! Bern! You may attempt to swim back, or attempt to fight the creature in the water...but swimming back to Jack and Oak and getting safely aboard the boat will inncur an attack of opportunity for the Legendary Manta!

    Geth roll 1d20+7 Manta Bite (Bern)

    Geth roll 3d8+5 piercing

    Manta Bite (Bern):
    1d20+7 25 [1d20=18]
    piercing:
    3d8+5 23 [3d8=3, 7, 8]

    Endless_Serpents
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Bern is currently grappled inside the creature's maw! The Manta may not bite again while he has Bern grappled, but he can still flip and slam! Bern, please make a Strength Challenge against the Fish to see if you can escape the Manta's plated mouth on this turn! (Note: The Fish will be at a serious disadvantage here, given ongoing blood-loss and the fact one of his wings are pinned)

    Geth roll 1d20 Manta Strength

    Manta Strength:
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    It took Oak a brief minute to realize that as he avoided getting tossed into the water by the Manta, the fishing rod had slipped out of his hand. With a realization that it had, however, he experienced an internal explosion of burning anger. He had worked this hard so far and it was trying to get away from him. He couldn't let this happen, no....he wouldn't let this happen. His eyes quickly found the Manta, which had been impaled by a harpoon as well as wrapped in other rope that left it stuck by them. It's struggle would continue, however, and Oak refused to let it escape him.

    His hand reached back to pull the axe on his back free, and now it was wrapped tightly in his fingers where the fishing pole used to be. With a loud yell, he jumped from the overturned craft onto the Manta, swinging his large axe downward.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Axe You a Question
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg

    Axe You a Question:
    1d20+7 11 [1d20=4]
    Dmg:
    1d12+7 8 [1d12=1]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Rather than attempt to flee, Bern takes the opportunity to fire his crossbow into the manta’s brain.

    Maybe I don’t need to roll to hit?

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Hit
    Geth roll 1d6 for Damage

    Hit:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]
    Damage:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Blood paints the water! The Legendary Manta is on Death’s Door!

    Oak’s massive swing with the Great Axe goes wide, as the creature churns the ocean beneath his feet!

    Bern, trapped and being *munched* on within the fish’s *massive* mouth plates, fires his crossbow into the thing’s brain!

    Jack, you can see a group from the Ship disembarking and pulling up in another Long Boat nearby (20-25 feet away, just far enough to stay out of range of the churl). The Long Boat contains mostly Outsiders, although the leader of the Boat, a Genasi, is trying to find a safe moment to throw a rope to one of you…

    Arno! From aboard the Whispered Curse, you can see that the creature has come within 30-35 feet of the Ship! Ux has the thing tethered on his end, but there isn’t much more he can do for you now. Whistler is still in range with his own Harpoon Gun, but needs time to reload! Killian is ready to jump down and make a*diving* Harpoon attack (his whole turn), make a *throwing* Harpoon attack (half a turn and still able to provide assistance) or provide other assistance you request upon your order! (Harpoon Attack from a distance- 1d20+7, 1d6+2 piercing; Harpoon Attack diving- 1d20+7, 2d6+2 piercing)

    mrpaku on
    GlalAustinP0027
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Bern overboard! Killian, now's your chance, THROW! Puggles, help Bern to the surface."

    Geth roll 1d20+7
    Geth roll 1d6+2

    Puggles will give Bern advantage to get out of the jaws and to the surface with the help action.

    1d20+7 19 [1d20=12]
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]

    mrpaku
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    This fight seems to be going well! He's a bit worried about Bern, but the bard seems happy to just keep fighting down there, so who's he to take that away from him. Taking a moment to look away from the beast thrashing below them Jack spots the approaching boat and waves an arm to the genasi, "Over here, toss it!"

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    8lte3l0o9xo7.jpg

    Killian’s shot strikes true! He pulls the Harpoon back with a *hearty* laugh, greatly enjoying all the action!

    Zephyr and the other Long Boat come within range. Swinging the rope over in his hands, the Genasi nods…and in the next instant, the rope comes *darting* towards Jack! He catches it with finesse!!

    The Legendary Manta bleeds openly in the water. The massive creature seems mostly *mad*. Tied as it is, the fish does what damage it can: at once, trying to destroy the Long Boat above head, and trying to finish *GNASHING* the life out of Bern the Bard…

    If Bern gets chewed hard enough here, there won’t be anyone conscious for Puggles to get to the surface! So, rather than presenting him an advantage to escape in this case, I’ll be using Puggles as a *Disadvantage* at the moment to keep the Legendary Manata from properly *noming* down on Bern’s leg the entire rest of the way. I hope that works for Arno!

    Geth roll 1d20+7 Manta Slam (Boat-Breaker)

    Geth roll 1d20+5 bludgeoning

    Geth roll 2d20+7 Manta Bite dis. (Bern)

    Geth roll 3d8+5 piercing

    Manta Slam (Boat-Breaker):
    1d20+7 17 [1d20=10]
    bludgeoning:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    Manta Bite dis. (Bern):
    2d20+7 37 [2d20=10, 20]
    piercing:
    3d8+5 15 [3d8=3, 5, 2]

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The Long Boat *cracks and splinters!* But the Great Creature, despite holding the Bard between his gnashing plates, can't manage to squeeze down properly against the wriggling sailor...as the Platypus swims into his eyes, tugs on his fins, bites at his face, distracting him...

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    edited March 8
    Jack takes hold of the rope, wraps it around an arm and braces against a support beam on the longboat, swaying a bit as he pulls out the pistol for another shot. Might need to figure out how to get more leadshot and gunpower for this thing, he hadn't really anticipated getting this much use out of it this soon.

    "Cover your ears!"

    ((OOC: There it goes. Time to play the "who loses the limb" roulette! ))

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Pistol Shot
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Shot Damage

    Pistol Shot:
    1d20+6 7 [1d20=1]
    Shot Damage:
    1d10+4 11 [1d10=7]

    Glal on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern would say something witty, but as he’s submerged and inside the beast’s maw he settles for grabbing a bolt, loading and firing one last time before he blacks out!

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Hit
    Geth roll 1d6 for Damage

    Hit:
    1d20+2 7 [1d20=5]
    Damage:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 8
    Oak is now astride the things back, continuing to hack away at it. There's blood in the water already, and he intends there to be more. By any means necessary.

    OOC:Going to Reckless Attack on this one.

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+7 for Attack
    Geth, roll 1d12+7 for Dmg

    Attack:
    2d20k1+7 18 [2d20k1=[11], 9]
    Dmg:
    1d12+7 17 [1d12=10]

    AustinP0027 on
    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Lucky Jack takes a shot just as the waters begin to get choppy. A sudden, strong wave *jostles* his hand, and the bullet goes directly into one of the splintered beams, *blasting* it apart! Water spurts up from underneath, growing stronger by the second: the Long Boat is quickly sinking!

    AustinP0027Glalzekebeau
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Oak's reckless attack blasts away at the fish's tough hide with the Giant Axe! Blood spills into the water...and then, slowly...the churl stops, and the line goes slack. After what feels like a very long while, the Legendary Manta rises up beneath the Long Boat, belly first and unmoving...

    Bern, the dead fish still bears you in massive plates along his mouth by the left leg...what is the last memory that goes through Bern's head, before sinking into darkness?

    Oak and Jack, you stand astride the sinking Long Boat. You have precious little time before it goes under completely! Jack holds a rope thrown to him by Zephyr the Genasi, and their Long Boat of Outsiders approach and ask how they can assist. You must recover Bern and the Fish, but the single remaining Long Boat can't hold all of you. How do you proceed?

    Arno, you make out all of this from your perch on the deck of the ship: the Long Boat is breaking up, the remaining shards are tied to the fish, Bern looks injured or possibly worse, and the water is full of blood and flailing sailors. Is this the perfect recipe for something bad happening? What actions should be taken under these circumstances to keep your friends and the ship safe? The pirates you've used previously are at your command!

    Urixes, you have been in the deep stupor of meditation as your friends went on their pleasant fishing excursion: so deep you haven't heard or felt the rocking of the ship, or the commotion of the pirates. However, in the moment the Legendary Manta is *slain*, you hear a loud and building growl in your ear. You feel something begin to reach out to your, from the depths: you feel the call of your Patron. What does he say? What does he want?

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak slams his axe against the Manta again and again, and finally, feels the beast stop resisting. It was finally dead, and he had won. The world comes back in a rush, his tunnel vision fades away allowing him to see everything around him once again. He quickly noted that another longboat was nearby, but where was Bern? Eyes squint into the water to spot the Bard, trapped in the creature's mouth.

    The barbarian spends no time in waiting for a decision to be made, diving down towards Bern, axe in hand to pry open the beast's jaw enough to slip the man's leg out of it and return him towards the surface.

    OOC:Need a roll here?

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack stares at the big hole in the hull, still holding the smoking pistol, "Oh. Well that's not good." He looks up to see Oak finish off the big fish. Good, good. And Bern is... oh, that's not good.
    "You're stronger than me, save the bard, I'll tie up the fish before we lose it!"

    Putting his gear away carefully, not wanting to lose it to the drink, he hops off the back of the boat with a splash and attempts to tie/wrap the rope around the huge fish. Thankfully the other two had already managed to get it tangled up, so he tries using the existing line it was hooked with as an anchor.

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    OOC: No need to roll here, just setting up events for later on! Bern is alive, but unconscious and will need to be carried out. The old bard clearly needs medical attention soon!

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "So you think you'll take them," Urixes says, still deep in meditation, unsure if his words are only in his head or being said out loud. "Am I not enough for you? Still hungry for more souls to spread your destruction?"

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Through his minds eye, Urixes sees the familiar tentacles begin to emerge: purple, endlessly long, waving at him. This time, rather than retreat, he attempts to see past the crashing arms, to push beyond the limited vision in front of him to the thing underneath:

    b6xfxmrkissq.png

    "Child," That Which Lurks croaks into your mind. "Young, and foolish child. No, you are not enough. I want *all*."

    "You believe to have cut your strings: that you no longer serve my interests. But you are wrong. The Lord of the Deep serves *even now*, as my herald and my emissary within the Expanse. Kuo-toa. Rak'ta. Trolls, Goblins and Worgs. The isle of Villam, consumed by the ocean. Through my power. Remember that, the next time you call upon it."

    "I will take your friends...when I so desire. But you may play at family. I will let them become worldly and powerful under your carw. Let their souls grow strong, first. Then, when the time is right, Urixes...you will deliver them to me. You will be pleased to do so." The evil voice hums in your head.

    Urixes, how do you respond? Do you antagonize your Patron? Do you attempt to question it? Do you say nothing at all?

    AustinP0027
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bern

    This time of year you could not tell if it was night or day. The sky was white. Both sun and moon shared the sky. Like eyes, Bern thought.

    The blood had froze to Bern’s face. His whole body shivered, and he was forced to cling tighter to the rider, Giltinė, but she paid this no mind. She had been talking all the way to the lake, but her breath did not cloud the air as Bern’s did. The pale horse stopped by the still water. Giltné lifted Bern down with one, long fingered hand.

    “All things die. No god is a god before Death”, she continued, but Bern was unfocused.

    The Raven watched him from a tall tree rising like solid lightning from the middle of the lake. The lake was milk white, perfectly reflecting the heavens above. It spoke, and Giltné agreed.

    Her hand enclosed over his head, and she walked him step by step into the lake. Then he was gone.

    mrpakuAustinP0027Glal
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes does his best to hide the discomfort of seeing his patron so closely, but can't help but engage in dialogue with such a powerful being. "Something I've never understood," he asks, "Even after all this time. What do you want it all for? Suppose you succeed. The Expanse and all within it become yours. Then what? When there are no tides left to concur, what will you do?"

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    "Alright folks, lets bring her in closer, we're at the end here. Start reeling in the catch, it's got 2 good harpoons in. And the longboat is still attached, so Captain won't yell at us for losing a boat.

    I'm going to go for swim."

    Arno jumps off the side, changing to a shark on the way down. Zepher is already pulling the Wild Bunch into his boat, but its unclear if anything else is coming or on the way. Best take a look around, and keep Bern from getting chomped.

    I'm not a shark, I'm not a shark, I'm just looking like one, no blood frenzy, no blood frenzy, look for friends and help out Puggles, get Bern, no eating friends...

    mrpaku
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 10
    URIXES

    That Which Lurks ruminates over your question…for maybe half a second. Then the Elder Thing *chuckles* into your ear, the sound a dagger to your heart and mind…

    Simple Child. The shark does not concern itself, should his appetite drain the fish from the sea. The shark eats, because it pleases him! Because it is his joy! You, Lord of the Deep, can see only as a shark. But I…I, AM A KRAKEN! When I have drained this ocean, there will always be others…”

    “I was there at the Beginning…Eating. Grasping. Corrupting. And I will be there at The End.”

    “You could stand there with me, Child. Even now. To Eternity.” That Which Lurks whispers into Urixes’s soul, stirring evil memories and foul pleasures at once.

    Urixes, do you respond? Do you request anything of your Patron? Do you attempt to trick him as to your intentions (Charisma Check) or attempt to discern his insidious motives, as he grasps to pull you back under his control?

    ---

    BERN

    You’re somewhere else now. Pitch blackness. It’s dark, and cold.

    You feel like you’re choking…something tickles the back of your throat from every side, cutting off your air. You try to cough it out…you pound your back, and keel over. It feels like you will *DIE*. And then….

    Subconscious takes over, and Bern’s fingers go up into his mouth. You reach in, and from the very, very back, *slowly and painfully*, you withdraw a long, silky raven’s feather. You hold the large feather between your fingertips, baffled

    Bern, you will find yourself slowly coming to in the Ship’s Clinic. Inexplicably, you will find the Raven Feather you withdrew from your throat in the dream…inside of your jacket. Please roll a Perception Check to tell me if you maybe saw something in the Real World, while slipping in and out of consciousness just now

    ---

    OAK and JACK

    The shards of the Long Boat upon which you stand finally *collapse*…but luckily, you’re close enough to the Whispered Curse now for it not to matter. You both bob in the ocean water, Puggles assisting, as you help the heavily injured Bern up the side of the Ship first, held amongst the Outsiders in their still functional Long Boat. You both sit in the drink for a few brief minutes, arms held to the chains hanging off the sides of the Deck, keen to keep an eye on the Expanse around you for anything treacherous. The Dead Fish rests underneath your feet, bleeding into the water but still beautiful and majestic. Zephyr the Genasi has decided to remain behind in the waters: to bring the boat up faster, and to watch for trouble. A few moments more, and you see the shape of Arno jump down into the tides…they turn into a shark midway, and slide *perfectly* into the ocean, landing among the blood filled waters.

    You all rock against the side of the Ship quietly, clutched to chains…floating in bloody churl…

    Jack and Oak, the Outsiders will bring Bern to the Ship’s Clinic and return shortly for the both of you, unless you wish to climb out on your own and follow behind. The Harpoons secure your Catch, and the crew above can work to recover it post-haste. Do you now follow and make sure Bern is alright, or you do you stay here and ensure Arno's safety? In either case, please make a Perception Check (if you remain in the blood-filled water, you will be looking through the crimson tides to ensure your friend is safe, and predators aren’t incoming; if you go aboard, you will be looking at the faces on Deck, and seeing who is happy to have you returned safely and who isn’t…)

    ---

    ARNO

    Arno *changes* mid jump into the water from the Main Deck, and dives among the remains of the Legendary Catch in their shark form! Making sure to gird themselves against bloodlust as they hit the red-tinged waters, Shark*Arno acclimates itself, and immediately looks around the ocean.

    The Arno*Shark keeps watch, eyes peering through the water…nothing seems to be approaching quite yet. A few smaller fish are still quietly fleeing the area…you would say you have maybe a few minutes, maybe even more, before anything large enough to present a threat would be able to get close enough before you saw it.

    As you stare about the area in your fish form, your eyes fall unconsciously back upon the blood seeping from the Manta. For a moment, you get a strange feeling of disorientation: the way the blood falls into the water looks like sparkling, ruby crystals. The light through the crystals *burns* the inside of your mind, an intoxicating red. With a sudden rock of the Ship, the red crystals refract in the light of the sun. They seem to gather for a moment at once, unnaturally. The crystals form into a red, glittering mist. And, with another rock of the Curse, the mist washes itself against Shark*Arno, coating them in the red waters…

    Arno, something: your repeated exposure to these waters, the blood from the Manta, maybe both of these, or something else *entirely*… has woken the Strange Magics which live in the Expanse. These waters call to you now. Please roll a 1d100 to see exactly what the might mean…

    mrpaku on
  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d100 for Woah

    Woah:
    1d100 78 [1d100=78]

    Endless_Serpents
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Arno, (not just the shark, but the Changeling beneath the shark), feels a tender *ache* in their muscles as the red waters wash over them: something strangely familiar that they haven't felt in a long, long while. Their joints seem to itch. Muscles seem to burn. Arno feels at the same time overwhelmed with energy, and as though they could go take a l-o-n-g nap right now...

    Arno, please roll 1d6 for Late-Onset Puberty...this roll will determine the amount of feet tall Arno's natural form will grow in the next 6-12 hours. This growth spurt will be considered a "Curse", for gameplay purposes

  • zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d6 for please be low

    please be low:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

    mrpakuGlalAustinP0027
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Urixes sighs, feeling the intimacy of his patron's grasp, the lure of power, the promise of eternity... It was at once captivating and revolting. It was easier when he could pretend that his abilities were just magic, like any sorcerer or wizard out there. But no, his power had strings attached.

    No good would come from tugging on those strings now. Shaking his head and rising from his position on the floor, Urixes makes for open air.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    The battle over, Jack feels his adrenaline washing away, replaced by the aches of the struggle and minor injuries accumulated through the fight. It feels very relaxing to just float in the water, letting it wash over him. Arno's large form *SPLASH!*es nearby, waking him from the snooze he'd been falling into.

    Right, no time for this, rest later. He glances at the circling Sharno, then pulls himself up, talking to the large Shifter beside him, "I'm going to check on the bard. I don't think the Captain will be very happy with us if we swapped her bard for a dead fish."

    He climbs up and follows after the group that had retrieved Bern, giving anyone looking at him an enthusiastic "we did it!" grin.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+3 9 [1d20=6]

    mrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 10
    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Mystery!

    Mystery!:
    1d20+1 13 [1d20=12]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 10
    Oak scans the horizon as they hang, content with their catch but wary of the Expanse all at the same time. Jack indicates that he will go aboard, which Oak agrees should happen (both because Bern needs tending to, but also because it's less trouble Jack can get in). "You check on him. I'll watch our finned friend."

    Oak hangs wordlessly on the side after Jack has climbed up, gripping the chain child's play compared to the fight with the Manta. He enjoys the quiet for now, avoiding the rush of responsibility and social interactions that he'll be subject to once he officially boards the ship above. His eyes, however, never stop searching across the waves.

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Scanning the Horizon

    Scanning the Horizon:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]

    AustinP0027 on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 10
    ARNO

    Arno safely, *successfully* protects the prize and their friend, Shark form *fully* on guard in the drink!

    Arno may get back aboard Ship’s Main Deck safely to meet up with their friends, and resume their original form…but changes, possibly permanent, have occurred within you. Fusspot will realize it the second he finds you again. After meeting up, please tell me: where do you go tonight, what are you doing when you get there, and is anyone else nearby? Please make a Perception Check, for events you may become aware of later this evening…

    ---

    URIXES

    Feeling defeated, Urixes makes his way back up to the Main Deck…only to find *pandemonium* breaking out aboard ship. Nearby, Outsiders nearly brush into your arm, making their way to the clinic holding Bern the Bard aloft their shoulders, his left leg clinging on, and his palor looking rough. Riggers and Gunners have gathered up along the ropes and chains along the Main Deck, moving to raise up the carcass of the Legendary Manta, while they lower the chains back down to Jack, Oak, and Zephyr the Genasi. Arno is nowhere to be seen, but pirates along the rails chatter their name, and look into the blood-misted waters below with hands held over their eyes, seeking a Shark…

    Urixes may reconvene with his friends (save Bern) as they climb back aboard the Main Deck, and they each relay the day’s news of the Legendary Manta catch to him. After that, please tell me… Where do you go tonight, what are you doing when you get there, and is anyone else nearby? Please make a Perception Check, for events you may become aware of later this evening

    ---

    JACK

    Jack’s usual happy-go-lucky demeanor is met mostly with happy relief among the crew! The Whispered Curse seems nearly *unanimous* in their pride at your catch and bravery! Only a couple look less than pleased, and you’re not surprised to see who they are…Conrad the 2nd Mate, and Zook the Rock Gnome cast murderous looks between one another…

    Jack will be keeping a watch on Bern inside the Clinic! Hugo the Ship’s Doctor sits patiently watching his patients: Bern and Fiver the Lapine. However, he occasionally wanders off elsewhere, to attend to other matters. You occasionally begin to nod off, tired... but does your Wolf's Perception tell you anything in the night?...

    ---

    BERN

    Jack is here. Fiver the Lapine in another bed nearby, and Hugo the Ship’s Doctor sits at his desk….but he seems agitated. And it’s not the giant fish, it seems like….and he’s left again, itching his neck and asking Jack to watch the place again, *for just a moment*…

    Bern will wake up in the night with a start, suddenly. Was it from a dream? Something he sensed happening, aboard his beloved Ship? Please make another Perception Check to find out…

    ---

    OAK

    His eyes watch, *carefully*, scanning the waters and the horizon. The Shifter sees nothing below-or-above, at the moment: the wind is regular, but calm, and the Sea seems to have allowed you this brief moment alone…

    Watching below, you catch glimpses of the Arno*Shark…once, you see them stop for a moment, caught as though on a tangle of kelp…but they continued through, and came back, slightly energized...

    Through the midday sun, and the lense of the blood, Oak thinks he sees something once. He feels that, by now, familiar touch of something in his head. As though in a waking dream, Oak watches a tangle of kelp beneath the Whispered Curse turn into ten giant purple tentacles, reach up along the bottom of the ship, and *shove* itself through the wooden frame, into the mind of a familiar Tiefling. The Tiefling fights against the Island sized thing, head twisting in agony…

    Oak will come aboard ship with the Fish’s corpse, and a slightly shaken Arno, to find Urixes coming upon your situation. Check-in with your team. Then, after securing your group’s Legendary Catch to Killian, please tell me: what are you doing tonight, where, and is anyone else nearby? Please make a Perception Check, for events you may become aware of later this evening

    mrpaku on
    AustinP0027
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Jack pulls up a chair, leaning with his back against a wall to keep an eye on the door. The last time he was here cultists broke in and exploded into snakes, fool him twice shame on him!

    He gives a quiet whistle on reflex before realising Fusspot isn't here. He'll have to dig up some special treat for the little monster later, he did well out there. Instead he pulls out a knife and continues working on his replacement set of dice. Maybe Michael will surprise them with a feast again...

    mrpakuAustinP0027
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak watches Arno in shark form for a bit, content that he wasn't in any real trouble. But just as he is about to turn his eyes back up to the deck, that's when he sees the tentacles. He is about to call out an alarm when something makes him pause a moment, which is enough for him to realize these weren't physical.

    Tracing them upwards he sees them shove into the mind of...Urixes. He recognizes the Tiefling immediately. There are secrets there, things Oak now held a burden for, and a conversation that now needed to be had.

    Climbing aboard the deck after the Manta had been raised, he found Arno there with him, and Urixes coming to join them. "Well down Arno. Helped to collect quite the prize here I'd say."

    After a moment, his gaze connects with the Tiefling. "Urixes. You all right?" He says little more, but keeps his eyes on his Tiefling crew mate.

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Well, things seem to have calmed down a bit. He gives Bern a once-over look, then turns his head to the lapine, "You 'right there, Fiver?" Not even sure the guy's awake. Jack tries to stay awake, but the complete lack of excitement is more dangerous than any manta and soon he's in and out of sleep, periodically woken by wood creaking and people above stomping about.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Sleep Time Surveillance

    Sleep Time Surveillance:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

    mrpaku
Sign In or Register to comment.