As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's New Consoles! XSX Nov 10, PS5 Nov 12

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    After 90 minutes of furious clicking I was able to order a PS5 from Walmart on Thursday.

Says it will be here on...APRIL 13!!

Grumble grumble

I’m not really celebrating too much until that sore that it officially shipped

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My nephew messaged me in complete bliss the other day because my brother was able to order a PS5.

I think this might only be the first restock in Australia since they sold out in the first run. He also spent a long time furiously clicking.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aus has been doling out smaller restocks each week for the past month or so. I managed to catch one (weirdly by chance??) back in early Feb.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I'm trying to get one before resident evil comes out a few days before my bday

apparently it has a ps4 version but I dont care I want big pretty big fast load times go zoom

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    #pipe wrote: »
    My nephew messaged me in complete bliss the other day because my brother was able to order a PS5.

I think this might only be the first restock in Australia since they sold out in the first run. He also spent a long time furiously clicking.

I managed to get one from BigW last week just from waking up at the right time out of pure chance and getting a tweet alert in my face. I still have no idea how I got it though cos I was still like 5 minutes late signing in and purchasing

Altho im pissed today cos they said it would be delivered today and I’ve been waiting all day for it and nothing.

Prohass on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I got an email from a retailer saying that because I'd lost so many draws to buy a PS5, I was eligible to buy a digital version while supplies lasted at noon today. All I had to do was make sure I had a registered user on the website with the same email address as the customer club email I used and the price would change from 999999 to the actual price and let me add to cart.

It took the system 27 minutes to realize that my registered user and club user had the same mail address and make the pricing change. Supplies did not last 27 minutes.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Bethesda joins team Xbox

This is an exciting day for Xbox. Today we officially complete the acquisition of ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks. It’s an honor to welcome the eight incredibly talented development studios – Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios – and their passionate global communities to the Xbox family. Now that everything is official, we can begin working together to deliver more great games to everyone. At every step building toward this moment, I’ve been inspired and motivated by the creativity, insight, and community-first approach of the talented people at Bethesda. Our goal is to give these teams the best foundation for doing their greatest work and to learn from them as we continue to build Xbox into an inclusive platform for all players.

This is the next step in building an industry-leading first party studios team, a commitment we have to our Xbox community. With the addition of the Bethesda creative teams, gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place to experience new Bethesda games, including some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players.

More in link.

Ahwell, I still have a good PC.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Hopefully they don't lock their future games to the xbox pc app.

Trying to access game directories on that is 100x more of a pain in the ass than something like Steam and I'll be damned if I play a Bethesda game without a million mods.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Hopefully they don't lock their future games to the xbox pc app.

Trying to access game directories on that is 100x more of a pain in the ass than something like Steam and I'll be damned if I play a Bethesda game without a million mods.

They've generally been moving the opposite way, releasing formerly MS Store or XBox exclusives on Steam et al.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Just a head's up everyone, the PS5 and Xbox Series X are supposed to be hitting Target online order tomorrow morning.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    You can't just say these things and not provide times. We need the times!

sig.gif
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

just go to target.com and start hitting f5

when the site stops working, that means they're in stock

when the site comes back online then that means they're out of stock

Sorce wrote: »

They haven't provided a time, just that it is happening sometime early Thursday morning. Normally they've been doing it around 8am EST.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    As much as I really want to replay God of War without frame drops, I am still going to wait for an imminent major release before snagging a PS5.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    fighting with target right now, its in cart but yelling at me that its unavailable at the selected store but its also not updating any of the stores in my area so ???

7yh4xczljsym.png
    holy shit I think I did it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I got it in my cart, but did not succeed at purchasing. :<

i had to mash the purchase button until my bank honked at me via text to ok the large charge and it went through

it seemed the "not avaible at your store" part wasnt entirely true but that they were trickling them out slowly or something at that stage of the transaction? which made it really unclear

7yh4xczljsym.png
    holy shit I think I did it

I think I did as well? It said it was purchased successfully and got the email the rider was being processed for pickup. Now to see if that really did happen in the next couple of hours.

edited March 2021
    I tried two stores local to me; got them in the cart, but both were sold out before I could place the order. Then Target.com itself stopped loading. Ah well.

edit: For the PS5s, I mean. Never had a chance for the XB Series S.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Yeah I had to pound on the place order button, cause I kept on refreshing and they said they still had them in stock, even with an amount of inventory counter that kept on going down. So hopefully it went through.

tpgtznpxhcd3.jpg

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    So is that cat gonna let you borrow their ps5 occasionally or

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    "We're keeping this box, right?"

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Miso loves box

7yh4xczljsym.png
    I also picked mine up from the store today! Target is the place to do it seems.

Now to try out Miles Morales finally.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Attention new PS5 owners: Do not sleep on Astro's Playroom. It is a blast and it gives you a fun little time with your shiny new controller and it's already on your console anyway.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Astros Playroom was amazing and makes me wish more games will make use of the haptic triggers in a meaningful way going forward.

I'm still convinced that some of the stuff they did with the haptics for Astro is straight up magic

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I'm still convinced that some of the stuff they did with the haptics for Astro is straight up magic

The parts where it makes it feel like there's a high tension spring inside the controller did it for me. The combination of that feel and the perfect sound of it; literally amazing. Everyone in the house took turns doing it and we were all in awe.

• AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    Yeah, going form something like Astro or Control, where the haptics are solid or... implemented at all, even, to something like the Outriders demo is...
    Like they say, you don't know what you got 'till it's gone.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

The parts where it makes it feel like there's a high tension spring inside the controller did it for me. The combination of that feel and the perfect sound of it; literally amazing. Everyone in the house took turns doing it and we were all in awe.

The spring was great, but thee thing that made me tell "you gotta try this!" at my wife was the raindrop rumble effect.

I don't know how to describe it, but when raindrops hit Astro's umbrella it feels exactly like raindrops hitting an umbrella

edited March 2021
    The thing for me was walking on the floating platforms. The only way I can describe it is that it felt like walking on a floating platform.

H0b0man on
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Even the wind effect was so well done.

Magic.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    makes me hopeful that the new PSVR will continue some of those great haptics, you could do some really amazing stuff with that for player immersion and response

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My PS5 SHIPPPPPPED!

Supposed to be here on Sunday!

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Astro's Playroom also uses the controller speaker to complement the haptic feedback excellently

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    So, uh, I think I just bought an XB Series S.

I just kind of rolled up to Target.com and noticed they had 3 in stock in a (semi)local store. Added it to cart... and it went through. It should be available for pickup within the next 2 hours, I think. Neat.

sig.gif
    edited March 2021
    One cross-town drive later, I am now in possession of said Series S.

cbk6v78ak15a.jpg

Woo!

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    excellent work

Please provide a full review.

This discussion has been closed.