As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Cash Money

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Cash Money

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Props to Noah for paying the dude's rent, though. Based and epic!

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    He's a saint, honestly.

But just a friendly reminder everyone: When you pay someone something, they're doing it because it's a job, not because they actually like you.

• lawragatajarlawragatajar Registered User regular
    When you are working with straight money, it's easy to see you are paying for someone's time, and they are only there for the money. However, when you have to use alternate currencies, like these super stickers, it obscures the transaction. Yes, you payed for the sticker, but it may not be clear that using the sticker translates to money being transferred.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Also, probably not Noah's money

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    He's a saint, honestly.

But just a friendly reminder everyone: When you pay someone something, they're doing it because it's a job, not because they actually like you.

Yeah most big streamers are literally working. Like I appreciated one of the guys I was watching the other day had a comment like that "Yeah you see me on a lot, because this is my job and I how I pay for things, yep."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Also, probably not Noah's money

He did it with money stolen from The Man? Even better!

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I'm curious what the actual dollar amount was, because we got 2 comics out of this lol.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I'm curious what the actual dollar amount was, because we got 2 comics out of this lol.

Well he said he paid a dudes rent, so over a thousand dollars.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I'm assuming that was for comic effect.

Cause if I had a kid and he stole over a thousand dollars from me, it would take a lot longer than a week for him to get his phone back.

cckerberos.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I've found the word "parasocial" which has arisen from... all this, is a really useful one. It describes not only the relationship of streaming fans to streamers, but also the relationships of folks like us to Mike and Jerry in a capacity.

At some base level, tons of Penny Arcade folks imagine some sort of awareness relationship with the brand creators because of how wide the one-way communication is.

I legitimately look forward to taking a class on this in some University's sociology department in a few years.

What is this I don't even.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »

Cause if I had a kid and he stole over a thousand dollars from me, it would take a lot longer than a week for him to get his phone back.

I think last comic someone looked up what he was described as having purchased and it was $500.

What is this I don't even.
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    cckerberos wrote: »

I think last comic someone looked up what he was described as having purchased and it was $500.

I believe that was just the cap on what could be spent per day.

cckerberos.png
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I wonder Noah's friends are aware of the comic. Man, I would hate to have my dad roasting me over my poor decision making online for the world to see.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    He's a saint, honestly.

The interaction also means a lot more to you than it does to them. You are one of many to them, they are one of few to you. You might never forget them, but they equally might never remember you.

This is a perfectly fine way to buy a car or a computer or an hour of entertainment, but I see a lot of people online who seem to think they're making a friend with extravagant superchats and premium membership tiers and I just think... You guys never really learned how this works, did you?

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    It's an evolution of the "falling in love with a sex / adult entertainment worker" cliché

Or simply thinking that the bartender fancies you

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    I wonder Noah's friends are aware of the comic. Man, I would hate to have my dad roasting me over my poor decision making online for the world to see.

That's part of the punishment.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    It's an evolution of the "falling in love with a sex / adult entertainment worker" cliché

Or simply thinking that the bartender fancies you

Why else would they be trying to get me drunk?