As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Rubrik’s Cube

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Rubrik’s Cube

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• HerculePyroHerculePyro Lord Mayor's CroupierRegistered User regular
    Well, Rubricae if you want to be formal about it. But 'Rubricae' would encompass the remnants of the Scarab Occult as well.

• PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    'Sarcophoguys' is going to join the pantheon, along with 'Librarymans' and 'Bullshot'.

• dejavu,againdejavu,again Registered User regular
    It's as if Tycho had a monkey paw and wished Gabe listened when he talked about Warhammer 40k.

• Radiated RoninRadiated Ronin Registered User regular
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there will be Wars of Semantics. Entire systems will be purged over whether the Emperor lays in his Golden Throne, or lies in it...

• BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    "Rubric" is a cumbersome word, too

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The Space Puppies and Sarcophoguys really hate each other.

What is this I don't even.
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Other factions in 40k include Commie Fish, NotZerg, Rambo, Cockneys, and the unstoppable trio of Leldar, Deldar, and Yeldar.

• HerculePyroHerculePyro Lord Mayor's CroupierRegistered User regular
    Other factions in 40k include Commie Fish, NotZerg, Rambo, Cockneys, and the unstoppable trio of Leldar, Deldar, and Yeldar.

You forgot Cleldar.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Rubric Marine is a stupid name. Calling them The Thousand Sons is less specifically accurate, but it's also way cooler.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    From the newspost:
    Because I am nothing if not merciful, I did not discuss the Rubric's true purpose - to guard the doomed XV Legion's bodies against the Flesh-Change. Nor did I emphasize that the sorcerous exile Ahzek Ahriman, once exalted of the Corvidae, still seeks his redemption.

Much as I am loath to admit it, probably a wise decision on Tycho's part.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    I think this might be my second-favorite comic of all time, second only to "I Hope you Like Text" -- even the comments section is absolute gold. Good job all 'round, I'm gonna be thinking about everyone's words here for quite some time!

• Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    Well, Rubricae if you want to be formal about it. But 'Rubricae' would encompass the remnants of the Scarab Occult as well.

Fucking shut up.
    I've read all of Graham McNeill's Thousand Sons novels twice, as well as John French's Ahriman Omnibus. I just wanted to quote the comic.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    There's a little too much dust in the Sarcophogus, if you know what I mean.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Pronounced 'roo-brick', not 'rub rick'

H9f4bVe.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I can almost hear the way Gabe's tone changes from panel 2 to panel 3.