As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CONFIRMED! Coming this fall to AT&T

Sgt EversmanSgt Eversman Registered User regular
A touchscreen phone -- now with 3.5G data speeds, full HTML browser, e-mail, mms, GPS with voice navigation

Oh yeah. You knew it was coming.

Garmin_Nuvi_phone.jpg
The Garmin Nüvifone!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome.
Sgt Eversman on

• Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Looks like a pretty nice copy of the iPhone with 3G and GPS. Even the interface has been mimicked.

Only issue is Garmin as a phone manufacturer. They have a pretty good track record for GPS devices but phones? It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. If the price point is lower than the iPhone it will probably do well, especially among business users who don't need the hip-factor an iPhone provides.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Even less of an OS than the iphone? Pass. There've been WM phones that have had GPS (though admitedly not 3g) for years now.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I find it funny that Giz. knows what phones AT&T are getting before the employees do. Granted I am low on the totem poll.

EDIT: It says nowhere on there at AT&T is getting it. Its just rumored so far. LIER!

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Spoit wrote: »
    Even less of an OS than the iphone? Pass. There've been WM phones that have had GPS (though admitedly not 3g) for years now.

3.5G. I mis-read.

Sgt Eversman on

• Options
    edited January 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »
    EDIT: It says nowhere on there at ET&T is getting it. Its just rumored so far. LIER!

It has HSDPA. AT&T is the only GSM provider that supports HSDPA. Kinda assumed, but a logical assumption.

Also, it makes a great headline to fake people into thinking it's the second gen iphone.

Sgt Eversman on

• Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »
    EDIT: It says nowhere on there at ET&T is getting it. Its just rumored so far. LIER!

It has HSDPA. AT&T is the only GSM provider that supports HSDPA. Kinda assumed, but a logical assumption.

Also, it makes a great headline to fake people into thinking it's the second gen iphone.
    "I'm a douchebag that makes incendiary headlines for no good reason." Well at least you got another view out of me on your thread. Aren't you proud?

Satan. on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It's sensational, but hardly incendiary.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    But really, why should we care that annother GPS phone is coming

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Its another option in the field?

I have an iphone and its nifty and all but I like to see what else is coming down the pipe.

xeroismygod on
  • Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is one of the main reasons I was really glad to see the iPhone announced a year ago.

Once something like that is on the market, everyone else has to design better UIs (or at least borrow a few good ideas) and finally we have manufacturers competing on usability, not just how many MP3s it can play.

Of course, the downside is when other manufacturers just copy the look without the usability, but it looks like Garmin probably has their priorities straight.

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam