As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Cultural Event of [Blaseball]

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

Tweet is from the garages, the band. Graphic is about the Garages, the team.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Condolences to any Hawai'i Fridays or Moist Talkers, York Silk was an iconic blaseball player and he will be sorely missed.

Rest In Violence you amazing little dork.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    So has anyone figured out yet what all the missing letters from Scattered players are spelling out?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    It's a random day that ends in Y, which must mean there's a new Garages album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVobN1d1_FE

• Options
    Time for the official seasons 12-14 recap, which I needed since I completely skipped 14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJlOsKHlnk

• Options
    The Legends of Blaseball Action Figures
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C9kXrXIMCE

• Options
    edited May 2021
    https://medium.com/@thegameband_studio/the-game-band-secures-funding-to-continue-the-development-of-blaseball-e05ae1e30d22

The Game Band got a chunk of funding from some investment funds. More info here, the $3 million will be spent on making a native mobile app (as more than half of Blaseball players play on mobile) among other stuff. I've heard that they're going to start paying the Discord mods too, but I'm unsure if that's part of this story or an already ongoing thing.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hey so I stopped paying attention for like two days and

what is happening?

• Options
    The Suns have been going nova, the Black Hole is eating all the rules, several teams have been scattered, the Mints and the Fridays got incinerated as teams and replaced by the Oxford Paws and the Carolina Queens, and everybody's paddling through the immateria to 1 of 4 safe havens: The Vault, The Hall of Flame, The Black Hole, or the Reader's Desert.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    hilarious shit is happening
    Also the Dale were having their best season ever, but because of Turntables that were active at the start of the season we're actually bottom of the league :/

• Options
    Also the map is rotating, the whole thing is a blaseball diamond

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Also the Dale were having their best season ever, but because of Turntables that were active at the start of the season we're actually bottom of the league :/

The Turntables went too soon... this was supposed to be the Flowers' season...

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    The Garages have killed a god and Capitalism in 1 fell swoop, this will be fine

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    due to us intentionally diving into a black hole the Dale no longer exist, so I guess I don't have to worry about the postseason anymore

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The underdog Dale won the game.
    The
    non-lost due to nullification.

I still don't understand.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I no longer own any snacks, votes, or coins.

I am free.

I only wish I had been paying attention so I could cash out and have more snacks to fuel teams and change my idol to a Taco before the end.

• Options
    Btw the garages are premiering new stuff on YouTube right now
    https://youtu.be/StP2LAw-5a4

• Options
    The season is over, no post-season. The Game Band wrote up a wrap-up for the season and the era: https://medium.com/@thegameband_studio/and-thats-a-wrap-231c58408908
    They also put out a feedback and demographics survey: https://ontqpyarm7q.typeform.com/to/i7Jl9Q2T

So everyone will be alive again next season, it looks like. as for what form, well, the black hole teams will all be alternates so who knows

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

The Turntables went too soon... this was supposed to be the Flowers' season...

But.. give us back Lowe Forbes

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
  • Options
    to sum up this era of blaseball:

Jules
    @Julian_Epp
    [Gamers explaining that the final and most brutal enemy that you must defeat in a video game is called a ‘Boss’]

Marx: go on

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Good news everyone
    Blaseball wrote:
    Introducing Blaseball Short Circuits: a mini-series of temporary new universes we're tuning into within the world of Blaseball.

The Highlights:

- This is a low stakes, simplified Blaseball without most of the features of the Expansion Era
    - Each Circuit will look different. They're designed to research player engagement and potential new systems for the Return of Blaseball.
    - The tentative plan is for the next Era to begin with a full app launch early next year.
    - The classic 24 teams are returning in name but not in roster! Every team will begin each Short Circuit with an entirely new set of players. These teams will disappear along with their universe at the end of two weeks.
    - The new rosters are so we don't destroy beloved players every two weeks.
    - Significant events like championships and elections will function differently then they have in the past. Try not to worry if a bad thing happens to your star pitcher, and don't anticipate your returned team from the main universe to evolve based on Circuit championships.
    - These are to entertain fans over Siesta, welcome any new fans, and invite everyone to play a role in helping us develop the app. Engagement on the site is data the team will use to improve user experience, so have fun!
    - Stay tuned for future dates and a post-Circuit SURVEY for FEEDBACK. This Short Circuit begins November 1st.

TLDR; We are traveling to temporary pocket universes, so treat the events within them as insular stories we will never return to. Once we leave each universe, we will meet a new cast of players, mechanics, and stories. Much like the Expansion Era, we want to assure you that the versions of the teams you've grown attached to are fine, probably, in the Black Hole(Black Hole).

We encourage you to take this time to have some fun in a low-stakes environment. After all, each universe ends two weeks from the start.

TL;DR Blaseball is back next week, in Anthology form. The Devs are working on stuff for the next big era to drop next year! In the meantime, they're giving us some quick 2 week/season tasters to test stuff out and see what clicks. If you want to give this Blaseball thing a try, it'll be a good time to jump on, check the vibe, and see if you like for a team or the other!

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    https://youtu.be/KUin--A9xHk

Play has begun.

Betting for this season is a little different, since... y'know, the concept of Capitalism melted down into a metallic puddle and coins are no longer a thing. You can now put in Combo Bets for each day, making predictions for any number of games. If all your predictions are right, you win Votes. But if even just 1 prediction is wrong, you lose.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I'm just excited that we can bet in advance and can see our total game schedule.

Hail Hydra
  • Options

Oh wow, someone actually hit the jackpot.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Hot damn that's a load of votes

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Across a shadowy Blaseball diamond somewhere far away, there exists little more than silence.

Electricity suddenly crackles. The jumbotron springs to life.

It's time to Play Ball... again.

http://blaseballtcg.com

Blaseball: The Card Game is an upcoming 2-player card game being made by board game devs Wayfinder Games, crowdfunding this spring. It's a physical card game, not randomized or a TCG or digital, where each player takes control of the new teams the Auric All-Stars and the Canis Underdogs.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hey, y’all remember blaseball?

It’s finally coming back.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    man, this really feels like something where their moment has really passed

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    man, this really feels like something where their moment has really passed

There's still a hardcore fan cadre out there that's super stoked but yeah unfortunately I think it's never going to have the kind of momentum that 2020-era lockdown culture could muster

• Options
    edited October 2022
    well I'm excited

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm still working from home four days a week, so I fully expect to get sucked in again, but yeah, I don't expect it to blow up anywhere near the way it did when it first launched

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    XeinosXeinos Registered User regular
    Wish they hadn't needed such a long break between seasons, but I'm glad it is coming back

• Options
    I worry that people are gonna get cranky when fan favorites end up on different teams after so long away.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    I worry that people are gonna get cranky when fan favorites end up on different teams after so long away.

I'm hoping the year off allowed some people to loosen their grip, recognize that the chaos is Part Of It

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I'm currently hanging out with two real life people I met via being a Crabs fan (one of whom is my partner) so it's funny how much influence Blaseball has had on my life in the last two years in spite of my personally not being too huge on the return

Both of my compatriots are excited for it tho

• Options
    edited December 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE8kS9lhB-4

the Blaseball Recap is back, and animated, at least for this episode
    Opening Day is January 9th

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Wake Up, Play Ball.

Also it already broke

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!