As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Maryland vaccine eligibility language is not very descriptive so I think I could be considered eligible, but as far as I can tell there's no authority to get clarity.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Anya's been having some significant hair loss and we think it may be alopecia.

So I decided to, in solidarity, shave my head.
    qgo3ie2a1c4m.jpeg

It feels... weird. But not unwelcome!

Welcome, brother.

It looks good on ya.

sarukun on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bald update: my head feels weird!

• Options

I still routinely feel my head in private moments, it’s a wonderful pastime.

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

avoid breezes or the wind otherwise get ready to feel w e i r d e r

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    the day after I shaved my head for the first time I absolutely could not stop rubbing it and like, squeezing the weird fleshy bits. the whole experience is extremely weird the first time around.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    this is a 13+ forum jesus christ

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've never fully shaved but I regularly buzz it right down. The first time I did it was in 38°C weather and I remember my head feeling so hot. I knew hair keeps your head warm when it's cold but it hadn't occurred to me how much it insulates your head from the heat as well.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Yeah, I always know where the air conditioning vents are.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Allergies are hitting me hard this year. I felt like the Zyrtec I was taking was doing nothing so I got some Claritin to try. It does allow me to breath through my nose, however it seems to be funneling a lot of nasal drainage directly to my stomach causing me to be minor to medium nauseous at all times so I'm going to switch back to the Zyrtec. I might not be able to breath as clearly but at least I won't be sick to my stomach 24/7.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish Dewine and the Ohio Dept of health would be more forthcoming with info on vaccine eligibility moving forward.

As far as I know they just bumped it down to 50 years and older and just added type 2 diabetes. The list of qualifying conditions is weird. The only ones besides type 2 are ones you are born with or early onset.

Anyway I can't wait to get my shot. I want to get out of the house by summer just for some light exercise and maybe a small social thing for my birthday in October. Here's hoping...

I'm feeling really isolated and it sucks for my mental health.

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Maryland vaccine eligibility language is not very descriptive so I think I could be considered eligible, but as far as I can tell there's no authority to get clarity.

After talking to my therapist who told me that he believed I qualify for a shot and to stop overthinking it, I managed to get an appointment for this week!

Now to try not to worry about being turned away even though that seems extremely unlikely!

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I just need to not lose 8 pounds for the next month before I get my first shot. I don't think they'd actually turn me away it just feels like I shouldn't take myself out of the qualified group after I've scheduled the first shot but before I get it. I should then automatically be on deck for my second hit so I can actually really aim to drop below obese. It's kindof ironic I'm only above that line because just over a year ago I stopped walking 3 miles every day and doing 5x5 lifting programs and started eating snack pies and cinnamon toast crunch to deal with *gestures vaguely at everything*

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Over the weekend we adopted a new pup. Meet Samwise!

Our older puppy is Sprocket they're both spaniel mixes, but very different mixes! Sprocket has Pomeranian and Tibetan spaniel heritage, Sam is dachsund and spaniel.

Oh also the Georgia eligibility opened up so the partner and I are getting our first Pfizer shots this week!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, schedule in WA got bumped up again. I can schedule my jab starting the 17th now.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    We opened fully up to 80+ today in Ottawa

There was a hint things may be progressing smoothly enough to hit the next age category by April 7, so hopefully my parents can get their shots next month

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I'm scheduled to get my first dose of the vaccine on Saturday!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    My dad's had both shots, my mom's at least had her first, and my younger sister has had both. No idea when mine's due, but I guess, no rush.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Both parents of a good friend of ours got tested positive over a week after their second vaccine dose. They're both around 80 and live in a different country with a not great healthcare system. father has a fever and is now in the hospital for more tests and observation. It's not a great situation

Their dad is now in a coma. Waiting for a place in a intensive care unit, because they're full. His family there are all in quarantine so they didn't see him before. Our friend will try to fly there, but of course needs a test before the flight and has to go into quarantine for a few days after arriving so they won't even meet their family there for some time.

It's just so really fucking cruel.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Fuck.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Well this is scary

I just started getting body aches and a headache and feeling warm.

I checked my temp and it's at about 99f.

Gonna take some Tylenol and keep an eye on my temp. It would suck to have caught it so close to the finish line of vaccination. Especially with the lung trouble I've been having lately anyway.

This news just came out too

https://www.13abc.com/2021/03/16/all-ohioans-eligible-for-a-covid-19-vaccine-by-end-of-march/

I'll be eligible on Friday. Obesity becoming a qualifying condition.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Followup from the last thread:
    6c2fl1lobhla.png
    Real fine detail in the printing, I'm looking forward to getting the v2 deck (with a custom tuck case).

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    damn that's sick as hell

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Do you play a lot of cards, David? Are you a hustler?

• Options
    You gotta believe in the heart of the cards

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Do you play a lot of cards, David? Are you a hustler?

I've been known to turn a trick or two. Wait, bad phrasing, bad phrasing! No, hobby magician and card collector.

That actually motivated me to go through my playing card collection and gather them all in a Google Sheet, just to find out how many I really had. That was a mistake.

I'm pretty sure I still have some unaccounted for, and it's currently at 201 decks. And I know I have at least four five more showing up in the next couple of months.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    that is such a cool hobby

• Options
    I haven't felt much like eating all day today but I'm starting to get cranky.

I don't want anything super high fat for dinner as that has been upsetting my stomach and making me feel gross lately.

But I don't have much in the way of proteins right now either. At least not thawed. Was thinking of just making spaghetti for dinner.

Problem is I don't feel very good still so cooking just sounds like it'll kinda hurt. Even just standing up long enough to boil the noodles.

I'll manage but I'm working up the gumption.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Head update - man, my head is already pretty fuzzy!

• Options
    Head update - man, my head is already pretty fuzzy!

That’s why I only hit it once a month. The “freshly shorn” look is a bit too much maintenance to rock all the time, by my count.

• Options
    On a wait list. Now that I'm eligible there are no appointments.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    My stimmy hit my bank account and I'm about to go get my first shot.

Gonna do a cool Peter Parker walk down the street.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    My stimmy hit my bank account and I'm about to go get my first shot.

Gonna do a cool Peter Parker walk down the street.

I'm paying off much of my amazon card!

yaaaaaayyyyyyyy

• Options
    Put most of mine in savings since I'm moving in a few months.

• Options
    I'm probably gonna put half of it towards a credit card and the other half is gonna wait until I can maybe find a gpu or a ps5. I've got a $200 Amazon gift card ready to go on top of that.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I got my stimulus payment, I'm going to save most of it. My partner and I will use most of it to renovate a room in the house.

• Options
    HAHA SUCK IT WAIT LISTS! Getting my first vaccine jab Saturday morning!

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    I'm supposed to drive 45 minutes to get my re-rescheduled 2nd dose in a few hours.

Yet it has started snowing again.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Woo. Husband qualifies for the vaccine today, and he got an appointment for next Tuesday.
    Was a bit nervous about finding an appt, because apparently with this round, 80% of people in the state qualify.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Muhfuckin

Shot

Get

It's been fifteen minutes and I haven't died. I am now invincible. Somebody shoot me go ahead it won't even do anything at all.

This discussion has been closed.