As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So I've been prepping for Update 4. My factories are pumping out every piece in excess, I'm getting nearly 2 million a minute on the Awesome sink

There was just one thing really left do to: When Update 4 hits, the default Aluminum scrap recipe is going to be coal, not petroleum coke, and right now I'm bussing in coke along with my plastic, rubber and packaged fuel shipments. In order to not need to run new line of coal to my base, I would need the Alternate Recipe (Currently for coal, but will become petroleum coke in a new update)

So far I had only found a dozen or so hard drives, so I spent hte better part of today hunting for more. I think I have a total of 40 or so researched right now. I finally got compacted coal and then turbofuel, so that's nice, but I could not find that damn coal recipe. So I found a coal node that wasn't doing much except weakly make encased steel beams to get sunk. I tore all that down, repurposed the lines and finally got coal to my base. I had to rejigger things more to make sure the coal could get sunk for now and then swap over when Update 4 hits. I traced the lines to the refinery and on a whim took a look at the available recipes, and noticed I had an alt-recipe for aluminum scrap. "that can't possibly be the one I needed."

Sure enough, it was. It was there the whole damn time. :mad:

Productive four hours. :razz: At least I got the Turbofuel recipe out of it.

• Options

Update 4 Release stream will begin at 1pm GMT, Tuesday March 16th (in around 16hrs)

We'll be streaming on twitch: https://t.co/QyUPqc5Com

As it is a special occasion we will also be streaming to Youtube! You can set a reminder now if you want: https://t.co/jT4zQwcoxQ

SOON 😊

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    yeeeesssssss

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I can't decide if I want to get back in immediately or wait for mods to get fixed

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Immediately, and restarting.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for 1.0 at this point. Excited to see ya'll's factories though!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I've sunk too much time into my factory to stop playing now!

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    It's just hitting beta/test right now, IIRC.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    watching update 4 patch notes video
    LIGHTS

DRONES

• Options
    https://youtu.be/Dp77ih_XmkY

Patch Notes Video is up. They kept some major things hidden for this thing

Spoilers!
    -Lights!
    -Drones!
    -Hoverpack! (Uses wireless power from your grid!)
    -PARTICLE COLLIDER!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Holy moley.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp77ih_XmkY

Power changes, most of which we knew
    Production line changes we knew about (not looking forward to changing mine)
    Gases
    Lights
    Drones
    Hover Pack
    Particle Accelerator

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    the particle accelerator is on the new main menu screen and it gives the whole thing a powerfully sinister vibe

• Options
    The Coffee Stain guys are such goobers. I love it. Also SO many good reveals. I might have to go back from my stance of waiting for 1.0.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I’m so excited to start a new build

• Options
    I had held off starting aluminum so I think most of my production lines should be roughly untouched (except my fuel generators but I needed to rebalance all my oil production with Mark 2 pipes anyway so that's whatever).

• Options
    Hey so I should be actually getting good internet by the time this update comes out of the test server. Would folks be interested in trying an online game?

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Hey so I should be actually getting good internet by the time this update comes out of the test server. Would folks be interested in trying an online game?

Um yes

• Options
    Finally got a chance to actually watch the update reveal video, very funny. Liked the reference to Let's Game It Out at the end.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    With the whole "Machines will use electricity variably" I'm really hoping we get teleporters before 1.0. Low level power usage except when generating the wormhole/teleport effect, then MASSIVE spike. It would be fun if you don't have enough juice on hand the teleport fails and spawns an enemy from the X dimension ala Doom.

I'm also excited for drones, especially when building a new factory complex. Now I can build a couple drone pads to bring in materials to build foundations and walls without having to build a whole transportation network, or driving back and forth with my personal inventory.

webguy20 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Important change not mentioned in the patch notes: Concrete stacks are now 500, up from 100.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    Important change not mentioned in the patch notes: Concrete stacks are now 500, up from 100.

• Options
    they increased the stack counts of a bunch of items

plastic and rubber both went to 200

I think cable did too?

• Options
    Can't wait to run through my factories and hit "sort" on all of my storage containers and see how much space shrinks.

• Options
    I guess it actually is in the patch notes, just not with all the specifics.
    Upped stack sizes for several commonly used items

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am going to exclusively use drones to ride between factories. Will it be resource cost effective? Hah absolutely not. Do I care? Not at all!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I absolutely want a Tier 9 production line that automates the building of cargo rockets specifically to take nuclear waste and shoot it into the system's sun.

Just seeing your rockets shoot up into the sky automatically from anywhere in the map would be neat.

Like it would need fucking huge ass robot rocket factories with lots of sub assemblies.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Is there any breakdown of the complete stack size changes, yet?

• Options
    3clips3 wrote: »
    Finally got a chance to actually watch the update reveal video, very funny. Liked the reference to Let's Game It Out at the end.

I completely missed that the first time around.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Did they remove autosaves? My game isn't autosaving and I don't see any options for turning it on or off.

I was annoyed at the game freezing when saving, but I'd be more annoyed at losing a bunch of progress in case the game crashes and I haven't saved in a while.

Peewi on
  • Options
    I absolutely want a Tier 9 production line that automates the building of cargo rockets specifically to take nuclear waste and shoot it into the system's sun.

Just seeing your rockets shoot up into the sky automatically from anywhere in the map would be neat.

Like it would need fucking huge ass robot rocket factories with lots of sub assemblies.

That seems like a lot of resources for something I could just dump in the swamp and hopefully kill all the horrible poison spiders.

• Options
    Sounds like Tier 9 will probably be the last tier. Which is surprising to me since they pushed Turbomotors and Supercomputers to Tier 8.

• Options
    I assume Tier 9 probably will be some kind of production to fire parts into space.

• Options
    3clips3 wrote: »
    I assume Tier 9 probably will be some kind of production to fire parts into space.

Given the Superposition Oscillator, I'm guessing Tier 9 will be teleportation and huge-ass storage containers and other dimensional stuff.

• Options
    Ah yes, early game Satisfactory, or as I call it, "How Fast can I speed-run to build a Chainsaw?"

I am always stressed by the bio-burners and until I can clear cut trees and such, my anxiety is high.

Turns out 1 hour 10 minutes of not super rushing.

• Options
    I need to edit a beginner save to have everything through tier two unlocked, and enough materials to bootstrap from there. The super early game doesn't interest me that much anymore.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    A key thing to do early game is run to a caterium node mine a few hundred ore so that you can manually make some Blade Runners asap

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    A key thing to do early game is run to a caterium node mine a few hundred ore so that you can manually make some Blade Runners asap

Also jump through the tree for the inventory upgrades as well.

Are we still limited to a single body slot?

• Options
    Honestly, if I ever want to restart, I think I'll just drive out to the desert biome in my current game. Not quite the same, but I like the idea of eventually making my two separate factories kiss.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Also jump through the tree for the inventory upgrades as well.

Are we still limited to a single body slot?

I haven't seen them adamantly swearing that it will never happen, so it probably won't happen.

GDdCWMm.jpg