As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'm a bit disappointed that AoS seems to go all grimdark. Can't have any remotely good guys it seems. We already had the stormcasts burning down entire "tainted" villages. Now the lumineth are brainwashing humans and treat collateral damage among them when doing some magic as nothing to care about. Old fantasy for dark, too, but this is 40k level cynical silliness.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So I was helping out with a Warcry Slaves to Darkness list on Reddit yesterday, and I pulled out my new Agents of Chaos tome.

It just clicked that the hero abilities from Monsters & Mercenaries have been made leader abilities that are available to most leaders/allies instead of each one being locked to a single model.

Really opens up some interesting possibilities.

Still a bit sore that we lost the movement boost aura ability though.

Monsters & Mercs is huge for narrative play IMO

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    4s0tlj8ldlbc.png
    And yes he also has a Primaris LT as a lt figure

Ha. He indeed has.

Oh, that last picture. He's a big guy now. Wonder how he looks next to the other greater demons.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Looks to be a 100 mil base, with the wings he's going to look bigger than most of the GDs I think, kinda overselling his demon prince status, but so be it!

It's a nice sculpt, I especially like the scenic base, but I've never been able to bring myself to care much about old Belakor, even if his lore is kinda fun he just looks too much 'generic demon guy' to me.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I have to imagine he's getting god-teir/lord of war status that all these big named characters are getting. He's basically the "god" of chaos undivided, so I think he'll be stated up higher than a greater daemon.

website_header.jpg
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I would assume so, yes. I know it's his whole gimmick but I do hope they rework his ability to prevent a unit from doing anything whilst beefing him up, it's not very fun.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Looks to be a 100 mil base, with the wings he's going to look bigger than most of the GDs I think, kinda overselling his demon prince status, but so be it!.

Going by this screenshot he looks slightly smaller than the Bloodthirster and LoC.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I would've gone with a more vibrant color for the magical fire on his sword, the muted purple on the tips is too close to the black & cool greys of his skin in my opinion. It undersells the whole 'sword wreathed in magical flames' thing.

That's like the first time I've ever had a critique of one of the officially painted models.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    I think the idea is that it's more magical smokey shadows emanating from the sword. That's Bel's thing from back when he was "revealed" to have been mordheim's shadow lord all along. All about the shadows.
    If it works on the model is another question

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Ah, okay. I didn't know that lore.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Deathrattle and vamps already have some pretty nice models available or previewed but I was just thinking that a cool expansion of the skeleton model range would be non human skellington units.

Boney orruks and ogors as hard hitters and big guys for example.

An undead dawi slayer, condemned to eternal fighting.

Even just some non humans as unit fillers would be fun.

More varied undead has been a fan favourite request for a good while now, yeah. I do think Bonereapers quite elegantly sidesteps the issue when it comes to all things boney though, I could see a more frankenstein/flesh construct angle doing the same for zombies.

Whilst we're at it more non-human chaos worshippers would be good too, Warcry has a couple, which is fun.

Also a non evil subfaction for death. With pretty much Order turning more and more into a collection of grimdark factions with slave castes (idoneth), racist brainwashers (lumineth), murder cults (witch aelves), the end justifies the means (everyone), etc. a subversion on the "evil" undead side would be fun. As far as I can tell the only faction that's not inherently grim are the cities of sigmar mostly because they stand in for pretty much everything you want them to be.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Also a non evil subfaction for death. With pretty much Order turning more and more into a collection of grimdark factions with slave castes (idoneth), racist brainwashers (lumineth), murder cults (witch aelves), the end justifies the means (everyone), etc. a subversion on the "evil" undead side would be fun. As far as I can tell the only faction that's not inherently grim are the cities of sigmar mostly because they stand in for pretty much everything you want them to be.

Isn't this technically the Flesh Eater Courts?

Well, hmmm, I guess you could argue that. If you can ignore the little bit with the rampant cannibalism.

At first I thought Neferata's realm cam kinda close in the description. spying and schemeing, yes, but really not as bad as some of the order factions but then the descripion went on describing her palace with all the torture, heads on spikes and roads paved with liiving bodies and such, ah well.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Cubicle 7 (the makers of the new edition of WFRP) posted an article yesterday that had a picture of "Lady of the Commandery Yabo Chao, Weijin’s Venerated Envoy [to Altdorf]." It will be interesting to see if TWW3's Cathay will have a similar look:

x64eirgtdvcp.jpg

I like the mascara. It's kind of fun, and I assume based on the one previous piece of Cathay art:

3xkbe0trw4y8.jpg

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Wait, is that a flamberge blade with little mini flamberge blades sticking out?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    All over the armour as well. The whole guy is a fractal flamberge. Wibbly pointy bits all the way down to the molecular level.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Wait, is that a flamberge blade with little mini flamberge blades sticking out?

it's a flamberge combined with a
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-Branched_Sword

Warhammer-Community put up an announcement for next week's Preview Show (Faith & Damnation), along with a picture of some outlines:

MpXjRLuQjMHaYtlo.jpg

Now it might just be my Underworlds ridden brain, but the right looks like an Ossiarch Bonereaper with a Bow. (And the left looks like what I'd want the Idoneth Deepkin to look like, but is not what they do...)

Left could be cavalry with a Lance and pennant.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    My immediate guess for the left was some kind of Soulblight model but that looks like a harpoon to me.

Maybe we finally will get vampirates...?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    left definitely looks like a blood prince or possibly a vampirate

middle looks like a new fabius bile or biologus putrifier?

right def looks bonebroish but also a little wood elfy?

edited March 2021
    Middle is the new skitarii character. Parts of it have been shown already in the same teaser video as lelith.

Found it
    https://youtu.be/2nlnfxNgcAg

honovere on
    Yeah, middle is for sure some sort of Skitarii lieutenant level character.

Left I'm leaning death, presumably soulblight, but it is hard to tell.

PyQhdxExvIz2qhmH.jpg
    Mortisan Executioner

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/16/one-final-warband-joins-the-warhammer-underworlds-season-four-road-map/

I'm a big fan of the paintscheme GW uses for the mortisan models. THe bleached black with the highlighted face is way more striking than the regular bone scheme.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    That OBR dude is amazing. That bit of skull in his forearm, the, well, the everything about him!

Also neat: the preview outline for the Deepkin warband seems to be a fish.

LordSolarMacharius on
    It's just a fish, incredible! Underworlds has been pretty strong when it comes to fighters who are just pets. I hope the IDK squad is just one elf and the contents of their aquarium.

I just noticed that Mr. Mortisan Executioner Mir Kainan there has tiny widdle feet.

edited March 2021
    I just noticed that Mr. Mortisan Executioner Mir Kainan there has tiny widdle feet.

And wears skinny flared pants.

Edit
    He shares a lot of design elements with the mortisan soulreaper (the best looking bonereaper character until now)

honovere on
    Yeah, the Mortisan Soulreaper is my favourite model from that line. I hope the whole warband looks more like that, but I assume the rest will be filled out by "normal" OBRs.

(I've been considering buying the odd model that I like in addition to the Underworlds warbands themselves - I already got the Gaunt Summoner to stand in/alongside the Eyes of Nine. I might do the same with the Soulreaper. On the other hand, looking at the price of some of those individual models puts me in a mood...)

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    damn, wish that was a new OBR model for sigmar

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

It kinda sorta is? All the WHU warbands have AoS warscrolls.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »

It kinda sorta is? All the WHU warbands have AoS warscrolls.

Some of them are actually pretty good as units, but some are pretty underwhelming. Garrek's Reavers are best used as a 60 point Blood Tithe generator using Blood Sacrifice as an example.

Zombies?
    161636462_1323018884759753_5913170813693512466_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ED0aLBo1ZMEAX_EFUhl&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=c6d2efabbc65c9b8709c4d42243ed9e6&oe=60782D1E

Looks like zombies to me, and not just a repack of the cursed city ones either (though obviously similar with the roots and such.)

Though personally I think it would be cooler to have a single 'zombie horde' model on a 100mm+ base, would help to differentiate them from the various other undead horde units, and the rules basically write themselves.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    A horde of zombies on a 100mm base would make movement a hell of a lot easier, but there's something to be said for literally surrounding your opponent's models in a swarm of zombies.

But you can do that with skeletons! I just don't see much value in having two warscrolls for 'cheap, fragile mass infantry' in the one army. Maybe they'll do something to differentiate them this time, but I just think it's kinda silly.

This discussion has been closed.