As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e][pbp] The Wilds of Aladrion

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Oh did I forget my save roll, yes I did lol. Oh well, looks like the dice say no anyway. I don't think this is the kind of shadow you dispel with light since it presumably came through the portal and the other side seems very well lit, but maybe it was already here hiding beforehand instead? I didn't think to try that.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    What remaining steam that has not escaped finally ends consumed by the glowing heat of the hulking creature and the chamber once again becomes clear.

The final mouth beast crawls forward once more, mewling in it's frustration at it's inability to consume the genasi before it.

The tactician rolls on the balls of his feet to weather the psychic blast that emanates from Ellandryn but finds himself unable to move. Instead he flips his spear and reverses it from Korri to Sinnder and thrusts unorthodoxly at her. Beset at all sides the added foe causes the swordmage finally miss a beat in her defensive rotation and the white hot point of the tiefling's spear pierces Sinnder's defenses. 15 damage and 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends) although Sinnder's fire resistance will prevent it from hurting.

With the presence of their master, the spined creature nearest the portal join's it's master's side and lashes out at Sinnder with it's claws to no effect. Seeing the futility, the spearman whistles sharply twice and the packmate instead lunges at Bos, but this proves equally fruitless.

Bracing itself on the walls of the room's corner, partly stunned by a combination of Lex's attack and the concussive force of the wizard's spell the fiery form throws out it's it's flaming wings and let's out a roar before taking a handful of steps and then launching itself towards Korri. The force of the blow is nowhere near as bad as the heat that sears his body as it slams into him. 18 points of fire damage, split in half between Korri and the Tactician. The tactician resists his half due to his heritage.

While the melee continues in the center of the chamber, Yona attempts to track her shadow as it shifts and flickers in the light as the rest of the party battle the fiery brute. It catches her eye for a moment but as she moves to dodge the sharp whine of her wolf companion warns her it is only a feint. The split second's warning is just enough stop short of impaling herself on it's dagger, close enough to see smoking black waves roil from the blade in front of her eyes.

On the other side of the portal you see the two serpent-like creatures wielding spears stand shoulder to shoulder at a command from the woman. The mouth beast on the ground below them makes gibbering noises and moves towards the portal before the left slaps it with the butt of it's spear, forcing it back behind them. Further language comes from beneath the hood of her robes, and although it is impossible to understand Korri feels it has a questioning lilt to it.

fuarjkzde0dr.png
    Our Heroes wrote:
    Heroes: +1 to all defenses until EONT (Bos)
    Lexan'dar @JPants
    Sinnder
    Korri
    Yona
    Bos
    Ellandryn

Mouthy Monster
    HP - 13/42 Bloodied
    AC: 14 | Fort: 14 | Reflex: 13 | Will: 12
    Snapping Jaws - Aura 1: Enemies in the aura grant combat advantage.
    MBA +5 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage.

Swift Spined Scavenger
    1 - HP - 7/34 Bloodied Marked by Sinnder 2 acid damage to attacker when damaged by the melee attack.
    3 - HP - 22/34
    AC: 16 | Fort: 13 | Reflex: 15 | Will: 13
    MBA +7 vs AC, 1d8+5.
    When bloodied Caustic acid begins dripping from it's wounds. Whenever this creature is damaged by a melee attack the attack takes 2 acid damage
    When Killed
    Lets out a death scream - Close burst 3. Any scavenger in burst may make a free melee basic attack as a free action.

Taciturn Tactician
    HP - 14/114 Bloodied(-2 to all defenses) Marked (Sinnder), Oath of Enmity (Korri) Bound By Fate (Korri EoT)
    AC: 22 | Fort: 21 | Reflex: 16 | Will: 19
    Resist 10 Fire
    Battle Talent: Taciturn Tactician crits on a 19-20.
    MBA +12 vs AC, 1d10+5 and ongoing 5 fire damage (Save Ends)
    When flanking, Taciturn Tactician and it's allies do 1d6 extra damage against that enemy.

Great Ball 'o Fire
    HP - 61/71
    Resist 15 Fire
    MBA: +11 vs Reflex, 3d6+4 Fire damage
    When bloodied:
    Burn bright but fast, all defenses -4 permanently.
    Drawn to Fire: As a movement the Great Ball 'o Fire teleports 10 squares to a square adjacent to a fire that fills at least 1 square, or adjacent to an enemy that is taking ongoing fire damage.

Slippery Shadow
    HP - 25/25
    Spoiler
    AC: 15 | Fort: 14 | Reflex: 16 | Will: 14
    Insubstantial (All damage is halved)
    MBA +6 vs Reflex, 1d6+8 necrotic damage.
    Shadow Meld: the Slippery Shadow shifts into the target's space and melds with its shadow (save ends). While the Slippery Shadow is melded with the target's shadow, it moves when the target moves without provoking opportunity attacks, and it gains a +4 bonus to all defenses and a +5 bonus to attack rolls against the target. When the target saves, the Slippery Shadow shifts to a square adjacent to the target.

Kelor on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Sinnder pants, and for once does not lash out at anyone in retaliation

I don't have any reactions I can use this turn for once

I am down to 20/50 HP though

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    on my phone right now so no full move yet... but how was the fireball able to move and attack last turn? Should only have one action? Probably has an attack that lets it move as part of it, right?

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Or possibly a charge.

• Options
    It charged Korri, yes.

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I'm very much fine with how things went or ruling that the fire elemental has a special charge attack but if it charged me it should need to be at least 2 spaces away from me to start and each movement needs to take it closer to me which I don't see how it could do and end up G10.

Edit: Oops, I realized I didn't account for the push from Ellandryn

Korror on
    Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    All good. Ellandryn's been throwing them around like sacks of meat.

It actually had an attack that lets it shift 5 squares and set something on fire but I felt like that was a bit unfair/saucy.

bys9w824vohh.png

• Options
    Finally made my saving throw vs hangover, will have my turn up shortly!

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Not trusting his ability to hit the ball of fire Lex turns his attention to the Tiefling. He draws one of his spare daggers, says a quick prayer to any god that may be listening, and lets it fly at the unaware Tactician. Making up for his terrible aim against the fireball, the dagger finds its home deep in the neck of the Tiefling. Unable to even take a last breath the Tiefling drops to the floor, pawing at the fatal wound, ultimately unable to do anything to prevent it's demise.
    Minor Action: Draw dagger
    Standard Action: Sly Flourish at Tactician with CA from Total Concealment
    Move to E5

Geth roll 1d20+13 for vs 20 AC Sly Flourish
    Geth roll 1d4 + 9 for SF damage
    Geth roll 2d8 for Sneak Damage

Lexan'dar Combat Info
    AC: 18 | Fort: 13 | Reflex: 18 | Will: 16
    HP: 24/39 | Surges: 6/7 | Surge Value: 9
    Speed: 6 | Initiative: 6 | Action Point: 0

POWERS
    A Sly Flourish (M/R, 12 vs AC, 1d4+10 dam)
    A Piercing Strike (M, 12 vs Ref, 1d4+6 dam)
    X Dazing Strike (M, 12 vs AC, 1d4+6 dam, target Dazed till End Of My Next Turn)
    _ Low Slash (Minor) (M, 12 vs Ref, 1d4+6, slide target 1, Slowed until EOMNT, if flanking +4 damage)
    X Trick Strike (M/R, 12 vs AC, 3d4+6, Until End Of The Encounter: slide target 1 square each time you hit)

Combat Log
    Link to Map
    Lex draws a dagger and attacks Tactician, Critting, killing the Tactician. Lex moves to E5.
    Mouthy Monster: 13 / 42 Bloodied
    Swift Spined Scavenger 1: 7/34 Bloodied. 2 acid damage to attacker when damaged by the melee attack.
    Swift Spined Scavenger 3: 22 / 34
    Taciturn Tactician: 0/114 (-2 to all defenses) Marked (Sinnder), Oath of Enmity (Korri), Bound By Fate (Korri EoT)
    Great Ball 'o Fire: 61/71
    Slippery Shadow: 25/25

vs 20 AC Sly Flourish:
    1d20+13 33 [1d20=20]
    SF damage:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]
    Sneak Damage:
    2d8 11 [2d8=7, 4]

JPants on
  • Options
    @captaink Sinnder is up! Hopefully everyone gets crits to make up for last turn!

I realized I couldn't slide the shade enough to break the grabble so decided to try and eliminate the tactician instead. Also my move was to set up flanking for Yona's wolf so it might have a better chance hitting the shade, just in case anyone was curious where that came from.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Sinnder repositions
    Shifts down 1 spot to E10

Sinnders swings in a circle, leaving arcane fragments
    Use Sword Burst
    Geth roll 1d20+8 v. SSS1 reflex (15)
    Geth roll 1d20+8 v. SSS3 reflex (15)
    Geth roll 1d20+8 v. mouth monster reflex (13)
    Geth roll 1d6+4 force damage

Sinnder now attempts to get the fiery monster to focus on her
    Aegis of shielding on Great Ball o' Fire

Sinnder Status
    HP 20/52
    AC 24| Fort 16| Ref 19| Will 15

Combat Log
    Link to Map
    Lex draws a dagger and attacks Tactician, Critting, killing the Tactician. Lex moves to E5.
    Sinnder moves to E10 and uses Sword Burst.
    Mouthy Monster: 0 / 42
    Swift Spined Scavenger 1:0/34 .
    Swift Spined Scavenger 3: 15/ 34 Bloodied, 2 acid damage to attacker when damaged by the melee attack.
    Taciturn Tactician: 0/114 (-2 to all defenses) , Oath of Enmity (Korri), Bound By Fate (Korri EoT)
    Great Ball 'o Fire: 61/71 Marked by Sinnder

v. SSS1 reflex (15):
    1d20+8 17 [1d20=9]
    v. SSS3 reflex (15):
    1d20+8 15 [1d20=7]
    v. mouth monster reflex (13):
    1d20+8 28 [1d20=20]
    force damage:
    1d6+4 7 [1d6=3]

captaink on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The Spined Scavenger attempts to avenge the death of its packmate, but misses.

Geth roll 1d20+7 v AC 24
    Geth roll 1d8+5 damage

v AC 24:
    1d20+7 15 [1d20=8]
    damage:
    1d8+5 12 [1d8=7]

captaink on
  • Options
    2 down with just enough damage including a well-timed crit

@Korror you're up next.

• Options
    Sorry for the delay, I'll get my actions up tomorrow.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    With a blank expression on his face, Korri moves as if in a trace. Divine power and supernaturally enhanced reflexes allow him to avoid most of the finery assault directed his way. The fire still attached him does not even seem to harm him as he switches towards attacking the fire elemental.

Take 18 damage from the initial fire elemental attack but 9 is redirected, I believe I still have not used my Avenger's Resolve so use it on that attack to improve my resist to resist 5/all until EoT. Take 5 fire damage at the start of my turn but resist of all. HP: 39/47 if I'm right about the avenger's resolve, 31/47 if I've already used it. I'll check back through the previous pages to see if that's the case.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on the Fire Elemental.
    Standard Action: Overwhelming Assault (Choosing not to shift and stay where I am)

Geth roll 1d20+12 Attack Roll 1
    Geth roll 1d20+12 Attack Roll 2
    Geth roll 1d12+8 Damage
    Geth roll 1d20 Saving Throw

Attack Roll 1:
    1d20+12 25 [1d20=13]
    Attack Roll 2:
    1d20+12 17 [1d20=5]
    Damage:
    1d12+8 16 [1d12=8]
    Saving Throw:
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]

Korror on
  • Options
    Combat Log
    Korri stays at F9 and using Overwhelming Strike dealing 16 damage to Great Ball 'o Fire

Swift Spined Scavenger 3: 15/ 34 Bloodied, 2 acid damage to attacker when damaged by the melee attack.
    Great Ball 'o Fire: 45/71 Marked by Sinnder Bloodied, Oath of Enmity (Korri),

• Options
    @BahamutZERO looks like you're up!

• Options
    edited March 2021
    "There's a creature in my shadow!" Yona shouts out as the tactician goes down. "Shadow... hmm."

Minor action: Yona quickly calls an air spirit into being next to her, which glows brightly, shedding bright light in a 4 square radius. (This power is worded strangely, I'm interpreting it as you can summon it and have it cast bright light on the summon instead of manipulating an object, since otherwise sustaining the spell is pointless because you'd have to use 2 minor actions to do anything other than keep the spirit in existence. The wording is here:)
    Effect: You conjure an air spirit in an unoccupied square within range. The spirit lasts until the end of your next turn or until you use this power again. When the spirit appears, it can pick up or manipulate an object weighing 20 pounds or less.

As a minor action, you cause the spirit to pick up or manipulate a different object of the specified weight.
    As a move action, you move the spirit up to 5 squares.
    As a free action, you cause the spirit to drop an object it is holding.
    As a minor action, you cause the spirit to shed bright light in a 4-square radius. You can extinguish this light as a free action.

Sustain Minor: The spirit persists until the end of your next
    turn.

She then attempts to zap her shadow with lightning.
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 for Jolt of Lightning vs. Shadow's fortitude (14+4)
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for Jolt of Lightning damage

With no specific other commands, the wolf snarls and makes another attempt to bite the slippery monster as well.
    Geth, roll 1d20+9 for wolf attack vs. Shadow's reflex (16+4)
    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for wolf attack damage

Oh I forgot the CA bonus on the wolf attack. Oh well, hit anyway!

The shadow is bathed in bright light, then seared by the arc of electric light from Yona's staff, and then immediately snatched in the wolf's jaws and mauled, pulling it prone in some sense. It clearly takes damage but some of it seems to pass through the creature, like it's not all there.

Jolt of Lightning vs. Shadow's fortitude (14+4):
    1d20+8 23 [1d20=15]
    Jolt of Lightning damage:
    1d10+4 11 [1d10=7]
    wolf attack vs. Shadow's reflex (16+4):
    1d20+9 21 [1d20=12]
    wolf attack damage:
    1d10+4 9 [1d10=5]

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Combat Log

Korri stays at F9 and using Overwhelming Strike dealing 16 damage to Great Ball 'o Fire

Yona minor action: summon air spirit at D4, casting bright light in burst 4.
    Yona action: Jolt of Lightning vs. Slippery Shadow, hits for 5 damage. Slippery Shadow cannot Opportunity Attack until end of Yona's next turn.
    Wolf instinctive action: attack vs. Slippery Shadow, hits for 4 damage. Slippery Shadow is knocked Prone.

Great Ball 'o Fire: 45/71 Marked by Sinnder Bloodied, Oath of Enmity (Korri),
    Slippery Shadow: 16/25 Unable to Opportunity Attack, Prone

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Oh yeah and save for shadow attachment:
    Geth, roll 1d20 for save

I don't know if knocking it prone or hitting it with bright light detached it, but if they didn't it's still in there.
    In hindsight now I forgot I have a shift 1 spell I should have used instead of jolt of lightning.

save:
    1d20 5 [1d20=5]

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    @joshgotro or @Elvenshae if we want to keep playing Bos for josh for the moment

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    We can give @joshgotro a chance to play his go, and if he’s not available, someone else can take this one if they want.

• Options
    Josh hasn’t logged on in a few days, so we’ll delay his turn for now and he’ll take the last spot he gets back before then.

• Options
    @Elvenshae if you want to take your turn I can pilot Bos afterwards if he still hasn't shown up.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Ellandryn looks at the creatures engaged in combat with his allies, and the creatures about the come through. Yona has separated the shadow creature from her, and her summoned wolf seems to be doing a good job of savaging the ... whatever it is. Ellandryn is, momentarily, at the calm in the middle of the storm. He decides that the best use of his abilities is to prepare for a new entrant, and so he prepares the magical energy for a mental attack spell, but holds it back by a single syllable.

Ready an action to use Beguiling Strands (close blast 5) for an enemy coming through the portal and ending its movement adjacent to an ally. Should interrupt a melee attack. Anyone else affected can be tossed as far as possible into the corners of the room when it goes off. @Kelor you can just roll everything and use your best judgement so we don't have to go back-and-forth on your turn. @JPants , Bos is up!

Ellandryn Combat Info
    AC: 17 | Fort: 13 | Reflex: 17 | Will: 18
    HP: 26/32 | Surges: 6 | Surge Value: 8
    Speed: 6 | Initiative: 4 | Action Point: 0

POWERS
    A Beguiling Strands (Close Blast 5, +8 vs Will, 4 Psychic + Push 4)
    A Howling Wall (Wall 6 within 10, +8 vs Fort, Slide 3)
    X Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation (Burst 1 within 10, +8 vs Ref, 1d6+5 Force + Prone; or Burst 2 within 10, 1d6+3 Force + Prone; zone 2 Fire)
    _ Pinioning Vortex (10, +8 vs Fort, 2d6+5, Slide 2 up + Dazed + Immobilized + Combat Advantage until start of target's turn)
    _ Noble Presence (Move; Close Burst 3, one or two allies Shift 2 as a free action, +2 power bonus to all Defences until EONT)
    X Fey Step (Move; Teleport 5)
    _ Arcane Whirlwind (Burst 2 within 10, +8 vs Ref, 2d6+5 Thunder + Slide 2, Miss Half, Zone: minor Slide 3, move move zone 6, sustain minor)

Combat Log
    Link to Map

Yona action: Jolt of Lightning vs. Slippery Shadow, hits for 5 damage. Slippery Shadow cannot Opportunity Attack until end of Yona's next turn.
    Wolf instinctive action: attack vs. Slippery Shadow, hits for 4 damage. Slippery Shadow is knocked Prone.

Ellandryn readies an action to use Beguiling Strands on the back half of the room (+8 vs. Will; 4 Psychic + Push 4 on a hit) if one of the additional creatures beyond the portal steps through and next to an ally.

Great Ball 'o Fire: 45/71 Marked by Sinnder Oath of Enmity (Korri),

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I can't move Bos on the map during work so someone else will have to or I can do it after work in a few hours. Also not sure what powers Bos has burned this encounter so gonna stick with at-wills.

Ignoring the bloody mouth monster Bos focuses all his might on taking the flaming creature down but unfortunately his attack swings wide.
    Move Action: Shift to F10
    Standard Action: Words of Exchange on GBoF

Geth roll 1d20+11 for vs 22 AC
    Geth roll 1d8+5 for WoE damage

Combat Log
    Link to Map

Ellandryn readies an action to use Beguiling Strands on the back half of the room (+8 vs. Will; 4 Psychic + Push 4 on a hit) if one of the additional creatures beyond the portal steps through and next to an ally.

Bos shifts to F10 and attacks Great Ball of Fire but Misses.

vs 22 AC:
    1d20+11 17 [1d20=6]
    WoE damage:
    1d8+5 9 [1d8=4]

JPants on
  • Options
    @Kelor looks like it's monster's turn since Ellandryn is holding.

Bloodied is half health right? I think the GBoF is incorrectly labeled if so (but didn't correct in case i'm wrong).

• Options
    edited March 2021
    @JPants

Yeah, half health. I just copied it from above without thinking, where I suspect it was probably a copy-paste error. #wizard :D

I also fixed Bos's spot.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    The winged creature in front of Bos and Korri crackles with flame, the fire licking and flaring with the same hypnotic beauty that following a candle can. As Korri and Bos face off against it the flicker captures their focus fire spills out to it's side and suddenly it is between Bos and the portal. A rough representation of a clawed hand dripping with flame reaches out for Sinnder, the heat painful even for her. 17 damage before resistances.

Searching for a better position, the sole remainder of the spined pack skitters to Sinnder's left, acid hissing on the stone as it does so and at last manages to sink it's sharp teeth into the Genasi. It lets out a howl of triumph, but no longer has a pack to take advantage of the moment it has created. 6 damage. It can shift up to three squares as movement.

Towards the stairs the bright light that emanates from Yona's spirit floods the area with light and delineates the shadowy creature more clearly upon the floor of chamber. It gathers itself together, the slight rends from the wolf and Lex and attempts to stab Yona several times but she parries each blow cleanly with her staff. Even though mechanically the light doesn't do anything to the shadow, it rolled a one so that seems like great narrative playing out right there!

On the other side of the portal you see several more armoured spearmen with the same shimmering spears arrive and begin a quick, clipped conversation with the robed woman next to the summoning circle in the same . Shortly after a figure wearing deep blue robes trimmed with gold runes joins them and enters the dialogue. The woman who summoned the creatures points in your direction and continues speaking for several seconds in the same flowing but discordant language.

The newest stranger indicates towards the portal and one of the spearman shoulders the thin spear wielding creature to the side to clear the path. The squat many mouthed creature is frantic with bloodlust, teeth sawing against each other and growls aggressively at their approach. Without hesitation the three spearmen drive their spear points into it's flesh and immolate it.

Once having reached the portal a thin gloved hand reaches out towards where magic has rent air and Sinnder and Ellandryn get the impression some sort of study or analysis is happening. The gloved hand is raised up, one of the spearmen provides a slate and what appears to be a piece of chalk.

They don't cross the threshold, @Elvenshae do you want to use your Strands?

axk4pac31y7k.png
    Our Heroes wrote:
    Lexan'dar
    Sinnder
    Korri
    Yona
    Bos
    Ellandryn

Swift Spined Scavenger
    3 - HP - 22/34
    Spoiler
    AC: 16 | Fort: 13 | Reflex: 15 | Will: 13
    MBA +7 vs AC, 1d8+5.
    When bloodied Caustic acid begins dripping from it's wounds. Whenever this creature is damaged by a melee attack the attack takes 2 acid damage

Great Ball 'o Fire
    HP - 45/71 Marked by Sinnder Oath of Enmity (Korri)
    Resist 15 Fire
    MBA: +11 vs Reflex, 3d6+4 Fire damage
    When bloodied:
    Burn bright but fast, all defenses -4 permanently.

Slippery Shadow
    HP - 15/25
    AC: 15 | Fort: 14 | Reflex: 16 | Will: 14
    Insubstantial (All damage is halved)
    MBA +6 vs Reflex, 1d6+8 necrotic damage.
    Shadow Meld: the Slippery Shadow shifts into the target's space and melds with its shadow (save ends). While the Slippery Shadow is melded with the target's shadow, it moves when the target moves without provoking opportunity attacks, and it gains a +4 bonus to all defenses and a +5 bonus to attack rolls against the target. When the target saves, the Slippery Shadow shifts to a square adjacent to the target.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Even Sinnder singes
    17 fire reduced to 12

Fire lashes at the scavenger that struck Sinnder.
    Firepulse-immediate reaction

Geth roll 1d20+7 vs reflex (15)
    Geth roll 2d6+3 Fire damage
    It also takes 4 force damage from White Lotus Riposte

Now 9/34, bloodied.
    Sinnder is at 4/50 and will definitely be rallying/looking for a heal.

vs reflex (15):
    1d20+7 21 [1d20=14]
    Fire damage:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=5, 1]

captaink on
  • Options
    @captaink you should resist 2 of the 6 damage from spine guy for being adjacent to Bos

• Options
    Eugh I always forget the Bos effect! I'm going to put it in the line up going forward to help me remember.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »
    Eugh I always forget the Bos effect! I'm going to put it in the line up going forward to help me remember.

I only remembered cause I was looking over his sheet when I played his turn.

• Options
    I think we have both Shield of Sacrifice and the Inspiring Word (from the warlord multiclass) available from Bos for getting some healing to Sinnder.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Sure, @Kelor ! I mean I think I technically lose my action, but if you'd rather I take it anyway I can go ahead and drop some chip damage on the badguys as for my readied action.

Ellandryn, noticing that the foes are not going to pass through the portal, instead just unleashes the spell, suboptimally, on the creatures already facing his friends. Because of this, the magic passes over and through the roiling ball of fire useless, though it catches the mind of the spined creature and sends it reeling. The creature rushes across the floor and flings itself into the wall, knocking itself to the ground.

ED: Actually, @captaink has Scavenger 3's HP wrong above; it was 15 when it attacked him, he reaction did 9 damage to drop it to 6, then WLR did 4 to drop it to 2. My Beguiling Strands kills it.

Combat Log
    Link to Map
    (Reaction) Sinnder hits Spiny 3 with Firepulse for 9 Fire damage and 4 Force from White Lotus Riposte (9 / 34, Bloodied).
    (Readied Action) Ellandryn uses Beguiling Strands, and misses GBOF, hits Spiny 3 for 4 Psychic damage + Push 4 (5 / 34, Bloodied).
    Swift Spined Scavenger 3: 0 / 34 Bloodied, 2 acid damage to attacker when damaged by the melee attack.
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 vs Spine 3 Will 13
    Geth, roll 1d20+8 vs Fire Will 19

vs Spine 3 Will 13:
    1d20+8 20 [1d20=12]
    vs Fire Will 19:
    1d20+8 11 [1d20=3]

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    "Are they looking to parley you think? Barring that, can we close this gate?"

• Options
    "I think they're looking to figure out who opened it and where. I suggest we not give them the time to do so, since they're bringing up even more reinforcements!"

• Options
    My action then? if so i can take my turn after work in a couple hours.

• Options
    Just under a minute remains before the portal’s close.