As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Game is really tempting pulls before the Persona event. Gala Dragalia banner right before the Persona banner, with Chelle as the new gala unit (dark element, rapid fire manacaster).

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing Chelle will be like Leonidas and quite useful for Legendary Kai.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Isn't Karina cheese still basically better than any other option?

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Isn't Karina cheese still basically better than any other option?

Yeah Karina + Mitsuba is the cheese team, but Legendary requires on element teams.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    So banner one is Joker, Mona, and Arsene. Banner two is Ann and Arsene. That'll be a tough but not unexpected split.

https://youtu.be/FxCxmfvEDuw

This event is trying very hard to force sympathy for Emile and I just want to knife him in the throat. Guessing this story is also operating based on Persona Scramble, not 5.

Free pull got me nothing, but the multi ticket from the event nabbed Mona and two Arsene. Would really like a Joker before banner goes away. Also wish they'd gotten Queen instead of Anne but damn you AFK Arena!

This event is trying very hard to force sympathy for Emile and I just want to knife him in the throat. Guessing this story is also operating based on Persona Scramble, not 5.

Free pull got me nothing, but the multi ticket from the event nabbed Mona and two Arsene. Would really like a Joker before banner goes away. Also wish they'd gotten Queen instead of Anne but damn you AFK Arena!

I would have loved Queen but I really like Ann as well, so either way I accept it.

Two of Arsene and joker here so far. Waiting to see what my free pulls turn into the next few days. I still have enough to spark Ann if I need to, but not both Ann and Mona.

So far the consensus seems to be that Joker is almost busted, Mona is really good with a great coab, and Arsene is quite good as well. Great start.

LOOKING COOL, JOKER.

Anyway that's every collab unit now. Makes up for yesterday with the rainbow dagger that turned into a dupe Mitsuba. That was just mean.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Welp, got Mona and Joker with the free summons. Arsene seems pretty good, but I think I'll save my wyrmite for the next banner.

And that's Panther nabbed, making the whole collection out of purely free currency. There is absolutely no reason this should have been split banners though.

I ended up sparking Mona last night, but Ann came down in my free draw this morning. Hot everything but the last Arsene I needed which I can just sunstone

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mona is 100% the MVP of both banners

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Game, why do you hate me?
    cccdug9gy3wv.png

(this is on expert, ran out of time T_T)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Awww man, that's so close!

I still haven't beaten it, but I do like how much it's shaken things up.

Well, looks like the 12 hour update next week is the 2.5 year Anniversary.

Yeah, expect a Dragalia Digest during the downtime.

I've also found that when I'm failing on the auto battles it's time to go back and grind out some more weapon bonuses.

I'm already back to grinding Imperial Onslaughts for the new levels on the Dojos

Problem with grinding out weapon bonuses is gold cost remains incredibly high to the point manual farming on the actual gold-getting level is infeasible, so you're reliant on events that supply millions of gold in prizes.

Yeah, it's pretty ugly still. You can mitigate some of that in multiplayer by giving your backup heroes the gold dragons, but yeah, gold is a nightmare.

Problem with grinding out weapon bonuses is gold cost remains incredibly high to the point manual farming on the actual gold-getting level is infeasible, so you're reliant on events that supply millions of gold in prizes.

Gold isn't too bad since I can spend a bunch of void seeds for more. Plus upgrading the mines after the last cap increase boosted the gold rate by a huge amount, so that helps.

My current problem are the damn red egg things. It feels like everything needs like 200 of them and they drop so sparingly. I still need a bunch of weapon bonuses on core weapons purely because of those eggs.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Oh crimson cores? Yeah those suck. I'm gated by those for weapons and rainbow orbs for getting my facilities up to par.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cccdug9gy3wv.png

This reminded me I hadn't done Lilith yet. I skipped out when she first arrived because I saw her mechanics and was like "I don't have time to make a new team to do this right now" but then taking a look just now it seems like the anti-buff thing is only a dispel on standard and not permanent, so I went ahead and did it with my normal team. Gonna still have to go make a new team for the higher difficulties though

Opty on
    edited March 2021
    Opty wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cccdug9gy3wv.png

This reminded me I hadn't done Lilith yet. I skipped out when she first arrived because I saw her mechanics and was like "I don't have time to make a new team to do this right now" but then taking a look just now it seems like the anti-buff thing is only a dispel on standard and not permanent, so I went ahead and did it with my normal team. Gonna still have to go make a new team for the higher difficulties though

Yeah I did standard with my normal light team when she came out. I was afraid to tackle expert but then I found a video that made it pretty easy:
    https://youtu.be/y0Gg6eRFLKk

The Reborn Jean D'Arc is a highish barrier for entry but everything else isn't too bad (Julliete is the only premium character and she's a launch 5* so lots of opportunity to rando pull her over the years). Luckily I pulled hard for Jean so I was able to do it, but of course, not having many agito light weapons is why the time was so tight. I've since made a spear and done some other stuff so I can mostly do it fine depending on rng (still down to maybe 10-20 sec left if I don't run out of time)

The nice thing about this team is it feels like it's near impossible for them to die. I've seen someone die once, but usually everyone just sits near full health. So it's not as tight hp-wise

Warlock82 on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Since I don't have Juliette, I wonder if it'd be worth it to roll on the Light focus banner once or twice to try and get her (or Ryszarda, since I hear she's good for the fight too)

Opty wrote: »
    Since I don't have Juliette, I wonder if it'd be worth it to roll on the Light focus banner once or twice to try and get her (or Ryszarda, since I hear she's good for the fight too)

Probably not. The focus banners are decent for newbies but not much else. I'd hold off for other comps, maybe dream summon her when that comes back around?

Don't forget to get your dailies and stuff done this morning, the long maintenance starts in 3.5 hours.

Link is up for Digest, starts at 11pm EST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nezwNNTpWBc

So what new FEH characters are gonna be in the collab this time I wonder. Since it's pretty much guaranteed to be FEH again.

Highlights from the Digest!
    • Gala Notte! Wind Dagger, coming 3/26
    • Free tenfolds for nine days, including during Gala.
    • Gala also includes Myriam. Don't remember who this is. Related to Mym?
    • Login bonus, including 2k Wyrmite, Mini Mercs (!)
    • Anniversary packs in the shops
    • Events: Triple drops for AtP/AtF, double drops for just about everything else coming.
    • Retweet event coming
    • 2.5yr Raid event coming, Dawn of Dragalia. No elemental attunement (yay!). Showed Cthonius, Alberius (free unit?), Myriam, and a human form for Midgarsormr.
    • Encyclopedia coming! Calling it Notte's Notes. Get bonuses for filling out the encyclopedia, and you can rewatch the summon animation which is... heh, sure!
    • Max player level 200->250
    • Max skip tickets 200->400 (thank god). Can use them to skip void battles.
    • Trials of the mighty (showed Thor's, Poseiden's, and Zephyr's Trial). Unlock upgrade materials to unlock mana spirals for Gala adventurers from daily bonus from the boss. Up to three can be stored from the daily bonus, so you can skip a day. Super apperciated.
    • Auto unlock will work on mana spirals.
    • Level up facilities from a central location (holy shit please thank you)
    • See which teams are most popular for different modes.
    • A bunch of new adventurers shown briefly. Summer Alex @General_Armchair
    • Trailer preview for chapters 19-21.
    • Fire Emblem Lost Heroes and Kindred Ties being added to compendium in May. If you missed them you'll be able to add Alfonse and Sharene. Summon showcases will return for Marth and Tiki at least.
    • Vania (?) from Rage of Bahamut.

Where the fuck is my doggo, Okada?

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Oh no. I've put Dragalia aside because life got in the way of me playing too many games. I don't think that I have enough to spark her. Guess I'll patch and check to see exactly how much wyrmite that I have. Thanks for the heads up though. Otherwise I would have missed it for sure.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Oh no. I've put Dragalia aside because life got in the way of me playing too many games. I don't think that I have enough to spark her. Guess I'll patch and check to see exactly how much wyrmite that I have. Thanks for the heads up though. Otherwise I would have missed it for sure.

There's a login event that will get you 2k, a tenfold for updating and logging in today, some other events coming with wyrmite, and apparently they refreshed the social rewards so co-op will give you the bonus wyrmite again. So... there's some mining to do.

I hate coop. It's either mindless auto on easy content or might gate meta elitists with no in between

Shadowfire wrote: »

There's a login event that will get you 2k, a tenfold for updating and logging in today, some other events coming with wyrmite, and apparently they refreshed the social rewards so co-op will give you the bonus wyrmite again. So... there's some mining to do.

Actually, I think that I'm good. There were some goodies in my inbox when I logged in. I didn't really pay attention to how much was there and how much that I had prior to looting the inbox. But my stash currently sits at the following:

21,185 Wyrmite
    59 single pull tickets
    9 ten pull tickets

3DS Friend Code:
    I hate coop. It's either mindless auto on easy content or might gate meta elitists with no in between

I really am not a fan of it either. I don't know why they keep limiting agito/high dragon double drops to co-op only.. It's kind of a dick move. Solo already gets fewer drops anyways...

Anyways, pulled hard on this gala banner.. Still no Notte, but at least we get some free 10 pulls so I can try a few more times. I did pull Myriam.. Read her character story.. Um, wow, was not expecting that. And I feel like the event itself will not cover this story leaving a lot of people confused.
    She's not the Flamewyrm at all, but she died protecting Alberius and it looks like Mym took up her name and human form because they were friends and Myriam was actually the one that convinced her to join the war.

edited March 2021
    I thought that Mym explained the origin of her human form a while ago? I'm assuming that the Myriam story goes into more depth on that tale. I don't remember the details, but IIRC Myms version of the story was regretful and self disparaging since she was acting like the silliest of geese before Myriam's sacrifice slapped some sense into her.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Aw hell yes, today's ten got me Thor+Notte

Wagabond Pupper is back! Yay!

Been striking out hard on actual units pulled from these free summons but today's the third platinum from the prize summons for three adamantine bars

edited April 2021
    I'm so confused by this new mode. Why are there two grayed-out chests? I thought it was gonna be you can do it three times (days) per week, but then the one for today just had the chest reset again instead of using the second chest. Or maybe they did that cuz the first day forced you to use it on Standard? I dunno, it's so weird. If that's not it, only thing I can maybe think is when they add more dragons maybe you get to have one chest per dragon or something (up to three different dragons, assuming there will eventually be a bunch of them since there's a lot of older Gala units that kinda suck and could use a mana spiral increase). Still, it's confusing. Oh and of course, once again this new mode with chests releases literally the day my double chest thing runs out (and I don't wanna renew it until next week so it can span across two weeks). Bah :P But oh well, what can ya do? :P

P.S. - I also hate Thor, what a bullshit insta-kill mechanic. He would be a joke if not for that one move. I found a guide online with an auto team for Master that seems to work tho, so thank god for that (please don't change the usable weapons each week game... I don't wanna have to keep figuring out new teams :P).

I do like that these orb things kinda work like the orbs for free event characters. Don't need to spend a bunch of mats, just need an orb or two to unlock each node of the spiral (tho still gonna need to spend the crystals to level him once those nodes unlock :/ Always so expensive beyond lvl 80).

Edit: Oh, side note, I finally managed to beat all of the Master agitos... wooo... I kinda want to tackle the Legend ones, but a lot of the teams I've been seeing have one or two things I lack on them (tho luckily just finally got Gala Leo on this last banner thanks to blowing a ton of things on it and buying him with the 300 pity tokens). But the team I saw requires whatshername, red lance selfie girl, who I still don't have (Nadine?). WTB dream summon plz? Not having her seems to constantly screw me over. That and Fatalis was holding me back for the longest time on Master Kai Yan because all the teams used him. I eventually was able to sub him out for other dragons that worked "ok enough" tho. Not reliable but enough to win so whatever. (Really, Monster Hunter Rise's release would have been the perfect excuse to re-run the Monster Hunter event... JUST SAYIN)

Warlock82 on