As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: Ow My Balls Edition

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I would simply place the cart first then build the corridor around it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Now you're almost thinking like a Hollywood producer.

Your final step is to use the wheel dolly and then put in the books that you built an entire corridor around the cart.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular

Your final step is to use the wheel dolly and then put in the books that you built an entire corridor around the cart.

Bought the entire building, built the cart inside the corridor, wrote the building off as a loss to the budget of this and 16 other movies that used it, then let Michael Bay blow it up with the cart still inside.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Bought the entire building, built the cart inside the corridor, wrote the building off as a loss to the budget of this and 16 other movies that used it, then let Michael Bay blow it up with the cart still inside.

Unfortunately we had a camera malfunction so we need to recover and rebuild the cart from the rubble, build another building around it, and get Michael Bay to blow it up again.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    And that's real acid, so I want to see goggles, people!

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    I'm sure they had a smarter way to stage that scene but I think about how I'd do it and the idea of an Austin Powers crew member having to move that cart sideways down 200'+ of hallway using something like a pallet jack that only nominally moves in a straight line, just constantly hitting a wall in either side, occasionally knocking the cart sideways so it gets wedged on the walls and they have to call someone over to help them reset it on the jack, a producer getting upset because they only blocked out an hour for the shot and they've already burned 45 getting the cart in place

I always assumed the entrance was where the camera is, so they'd only have to move the cart a couple of meters.

Yeah, you can see a little concrete/steel pole in the foreground, which would normally be there to block carts so only pedestrians can go that way. A cart that size, they could've got like 8 people to just lift it straight up and over.

I figure it was actually something like that, the posts might even be fake too. But I really enjoy the giggle I get out of thinking about a younger Carpy getting asked to move a cart sideways down a hallway and all the ways I would have mucked that up

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Funny as the suez thing is, I'm surprised it's not fucking with the market today

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular

If you want to make an amusing visual joke from scratch, you must first create the universe.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    And that's real acid, so I want to see goggles, people!

Feh, the don't do anything anyways...

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Funny as the suez thing is, I'm surprised it's not fucking with the market today

It's fucking with oil prices already

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Carts don't look like carts on film. It's easier to just paint a wheelbarrow.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    There's a part of me that wants to know what inspired this tweet from an official NJ Twitter account:

please don’t propose to people at the Menlo Park Mall food court

There has to be a story there.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    There's a part of me that wants to know what inspired this tweet from an official NJ Twitter account:

please don’t propose to people at the Menlo Park Mall food court

There has to be a story there.

There is.

A Ben 10 fan who calls himself Matt10 or something like that tried to propose to someone in the Menlo Park Mall food court dressed in Ben 10 gear. The girl just walked away. It is peak cringe.

CW: Most of the articles out there link to a Tweet (with the video) that drops the N-bomb on it, so be careful when searching for it.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Public proposals are a terrible idea for a variety of reasons.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Basically never do them unless you're both clear it will happen

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular

Basically never do them unless you're both clear it will happen

Even then, probably don't.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Edit; this isn't chat

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    the gone right is those guys hugging him

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    87rtly68ym92.jpeg

• DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    Oh, Cap'n Turbot was at the helm. Now it makes sense.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Bad news: Cops are rioting in Britain.

Good news: There's one good cop.

Police dog sees cop acting aggressively, bites the cop and frees the protester.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Bad news: Cops are rioting in Britain.

Good news: There's one good cop.

Police dog sees cop acting aggressively, bites the cop and frees the protester.

turns out only a good boy can be a good cop

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I am not going to dig deeper to find out, but I wouldn't be surprised if the follow-up is Bad News Again: dog is fired or put down

CRIME PROTIP: When giving the police a false alias, make sure the alias doesn't have active warrants:
    A Michigan man who was caught with methamphetamine gave police a fake name, but the person whose name he used had active felony warrants, so he was arrested anyway, according to officials.

Why I Love My Fucking Home State, Hitching Posts Are There For A Reason Edition:
    An unmasked mystery man caused a stir when he rode into a Montana gas station on his horse.

The Town Pump posted the video to Facebook saying the man did a lap around the Bozeman location on East Valley Center. Going forward, they say that anyone who uses a trusty steed as their mode of transportation needs to dismount outside the store.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    CRIME PROTIP: When giving the police a false alias, make sure the alias doesn't have active warrants:
    A Michigan man who was caught with methamphetamine gave police a fake name, but the person whose name he used had active felony warrants, so he was arrested anyway, according to officials.

I made that mistake when I was a teen, too. Had to talk fast to get out of that one.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    Today in NOPE: Man returns to car after shopping, finds occupants - 15,000 bees:
    He had just finished grocery shopping, but a New Mexico man got much more than he bargained for when he returned to his car in the store’s parking lot: A swarm of 15,000 honey bees had taken over the back seat.

The man, whose name was not released, had left a window down in a Buick while he made a 10-minute stop at an Albertsons supermarket on Sunday afternoon in Las Cruces, N.M., the authorities said.

It wasn’t until he had started to drive away that he noticed that something was amiss, according to the Las Cruces Fire Department.

“Then he turned back and looked and like was, ‘Holy Cow,’ ” Jesse Johnson, an off-duty firefighter and paramedic whose hobby is beekeeping, said of the man’s reaction in an interview on Wednesday. “He called 911 because he didn’t know what to do.”

The bees were removed thanks to a firefighter/beekeeper, with only two stings.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Today in NOPE: Man returns to car after shopping, finds occupants - 15,000 bees:
    He had just finished grocery shopping, but a New Mexico man got much more than he bargained for when he returned to his car in the store’s parking lot: A swarm of 15,000 honey bees had taken over the back seat.

The man, whose name was not released, had left a window down in a Buick while he made a 10-minute stop at an Albertsons supermarket on Sunday afternoon in Las Cruces, N.M., the authorities said.

It wasn’t until he had started to drive away that he noticed that something was amiss, according to the Las Cruces Fire Department.

“Then he turned back and looked and like was, ‘Holy Cow,’ ” Jesse Johnson, an off-duty firefighter and paramedic whose hobby is beekeeping, said of the man’s reaction in an interview on Wednesday. “He called 911 because he didn’t know what to do.”

"Bee cool, man, the fuzz is out for us."

• HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular

"Bee cool, man, the fuzz is out for us."

Nah, it was a sting.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I don’t think the man said “holy cow”

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    How. In the fuck. Do you not notice a swarm of 15,000 bees in the back of your car. I will notice a single bee and promptly freak out.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    How. In the fuck. Do you not notice a swarm of 15,000 bees in the back of your car. I will notice a single bee and promptly freak out.

That's just what the bees want you to think.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Why would you call 911 over some free bees? In the immortal words of Tommy Callahan, your firearms are useless against them! Besides, I thought everybody loves a free bee.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Free bee, singular. This is too many free bees.

• UrsusUrsus Registered User regular
    Why I Love My Fucking Home State, Hitching Posts Are There For A Reason Edition:
    An unmasked mystery man caused a stir when he rode into a Montana gas station on his horse.

The Town Pump posted the video to Facebook saying the man did a lap around the Bozeman location on East Valley Center. Going forward, they say that anyone who uses a trusty steed as their mode of transportation needs to dismount outside the store.

Does montana gas stations not have doors?

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Why would you call 911 over some free bees? In the immortal words of Tommy Callahan, your firearms are useless against them! Besides, I thought everybody loves a free bee.

It kinda makes sense. Cops aint gonna help against bees, but the operator can direct you to who you need.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Nobeard wrote: »

It kinda makes sense. Cops aint gonna help against bees, but the operator can direct you to who you need.

I want cops that will arrest fifteen thousand bees with forty five thousand tiny bee handcuffs.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Free bee, singular. This is too many free bees.

Much like free enemas, the line between "not enough" and "too many" lies between 1 and 15,000.

And also like free enemas, hopefully you never have to investigate that line.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    what if I don't want any enemas at all

This discussion has been closed.