As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's New Consoles! XSX Nov 10, PS5 Nov 12

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i spent too long trying to read that upside down instead of just flipping my phone

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I've heard from friends that don't actually have PS5 that it has serious issues with controller stick drift. I have experienced a bit of that with the Nintendo Switch Pro controller but they are fortunately easily rectified since that controller is easily disassembled/reassembled.

The wife got a bonus in addition to stimulus so I am thinking about getting in on the hunt but I wanted to see what some PS5 owners here have to say about the Mk1 model. Originally I was thinking about waiting for a Mk2 but with how slim electronic supplies are thanks to COVID, that feel like it might be years off.

Yeah I got drift on my right stick. Didn't notice it at first, thought my friend was just bored and spinning the camera during dialogue scenes for fun.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and man, I don't know if I like Kingdom Hearts anymore.

sig.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I think Dream Drop Distance is easily the most incoherent the plot gets. Wasn't a fan of the spirit raising thing either.

Fragmentary Passage is cool though

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Why the fuck does Activision not even give you the option to purchase the next gen upgrade for Tony Hawk on Xbox if you bought the disc? You can do it on PS5! When this happened with Black Ops I assumed it was part of their marketing deal with Sony, but come on.

Actually, did Microsoft say they don't want publishers charging for upgrades (as opposed to selling a new version like Control) because of Smart Delivery? I know Crash 4's upgrade is available on both systems whether disc or digital and is free.

turtleant wrote: »
    I think Dream Drop Distance is easily the most incoherent the plot gets. Wasn't a fan of the spirit raising thing either.

Fragmentary Passage is cool though
    I'm strictly talking about Fragmentary Passage; because all I can hear is Thea Queen being overwrought about time and darkness.

We'll see how it goes into KH3, with the characters I'm actually familiar with.

sig.gif
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Why the fuck does Activision not even give you the option to purchase the next gen upgrade for Tony Hawk on Xbox if you bought the disc? You can do it on PS5! When this happened with Black Ops I assumed it was part of their marketing deal with Sony, but come on.

Actually, did Microsoft say they don't want publishers charging for upgrades (as opposed to selling a new version like Control) because of Smart Delivery? I know Crash 4's upgrade is available on both systems whether disc or digital and is free.

The situation there is baffling and infuriating. Like at least control there was some sense that this games console version was made for last gen and would need a lot of work to get to next gen, it was still outrageous but I could see how they could get away with it. But the tony hawk thing, it’s like these are already remasters, and you clearly had a development pipeline for the update already set, it’s absurd they’re charging when so many games are releasing similar scope updates for free.

Prohass on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Look I'm no developer, but these games are already designed to work on more powerful hardware because they're also on PC.

Its ActiBlizzard, they've never met a way to make money they wouldn't try.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

I've been hearing rumblings about shady changes to how WoW subscriptions work

I'm still shocked Classic didn't have it's own sub, especially after it ended up being so popular

X22wmuF.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I've been hearing rumblings about shady changes to how WoW subscriptions work

i dunno shady implies something hidden

they explicitly made it so that you can only buy Game Time in 60 day increments, while continuing to let you do monthly subscriptions, because they make more money off of subscriptions

liEt3nH.png
    In case anyone has money burning a hole in their pocket and also has a 360, apparently the Xbox 360 Marketplace is still up and running?

sig.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    In case anyone has money burning a hole in their pocket and also has a 360, apparently the Xbox 360 Marketplace is still up and running?

A bunch of those games are backwards compatible with the Xbox One and Series X/S, so it makes sense the marketplace is still up.

edited March 2021

It's official: Sony is closing the PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP and Vita

https://t.co/OomWn9NfKE https://t.co/BcMUEdcfkH
    On PlayStation 3 and PSP, the store will close on July 2nd

On Vita, on August 27

- You can still re-download previously purchased content (and games redeemed through PS+)
    - No more actual purchases
    - No more in-game purchases

Check the link for all the details

Shame, that's a lot of downloadable content that won't be able to be purchased anymore. Sounds like existing owner wil still be able to download them after that date.

Undead Scottsman on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Apparently there's still an upcoming Vita game despite the store closure:

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Insomniac Games
    @insomniacgames
    Ratchet & Clank (2016) will be playable in 60 FPS on PS5 after a new update in April! As part of the Play at Home campaign, download the game for free now through 3/31. #RatchetPS4
    https://insom.games/rcps4-store

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    So it seems Xbox basically doesn't exist in the market? How'd they drop the ball so hard?

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    How do you mean? If you're talking about console shortages, PS5 is experiencing them too. (There's a worldwide chip shortage)

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    How do you mean? If you're talking about console shortages, PS5 is experiencing them too. (There's a worldwide chip shortage)

It just seems that everybody that I know who wants a PS5 has got one and games to play. I know like one person with an Xbox and there's nothing for it. All the online talk seems to be about PS5 and only once in a while you'll hear about an Xbox restock sometime next week and then it sells out in 3 minutes and that's all the Xbox anything you hear for a couple weeks.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

It just seems that everybody that I know who wants a PS5 has got one and games to play. I know like one person with an Xbox and there's nothing for it. All the online talk seems to be about PS5 and only once in a while you'll hear about an Xbox restock sometime next week and then it sells out in 3 minutes and that's all the Xbox anything you hear for a couple weeks.

Your social circle is giving you a distorted view of reality. Both consoles are selling through their stock, Ps5 has... maybe two games that Xbox does not, in terms of new to Ps5. If you go to places where people talk about the Xbox... people are talking about the Series consoles. There was a short Twitter trend mocking how Ps5 conversion of data goes vs how Xbox does it, etc.

Honestly, given the lack of new games in general for both systems, I'm hearing a lot more chatter about gamepass than anything else. But I imagine that will change when these companies do their summer showcases and there's actually new games to talk about.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Around these parts (Ireland) I'm not hearing much chat about the new Xbox, and anyone I know who's wanted one managed to get it relatively easily.

People really want that PS5 though.

I don't think that's much of a surprise, Playstation has been very popular around here since the beginning.

Both consoles are still really hard to get, obviously.

Diarmuid on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I would like to strenously object to the idea that anyone who wanted a PS5 has got it by now.

*muttermumblegrumblegripe*

euj90n71sojo.png
    I was kinda thinking about getting a PS5 for my birthday because I've been getting a lot of overtime but I just do not have the time/energy to hunt for one after work.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

text:
    Pocket is delayed and shipping in October 2021.

There are sudden and severe electrical component shortages and logistical issues leading to a domino effect of challenges for nearly everyone in the industry.

We're sorry this is happening.

More info:

probably not an april fools joke

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    What is pocket

Where ya put yer hands

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    i wanted one but system + dock + adaptors for all other handheld games was a small fortune so I skipped out

and the realization that most non gba games arent very fun and most of the best ones are still on wii U VC

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • StempyStempy Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    What is pocket

I appreciate this question was answered with a castlevania image.

'a miserable pile of really sexy hardware'

edited April 2021
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/02/mlb-the-show-21-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-day-one/

Sony's MLB The Show 21 is going to be on Xbox Game Pass on launch day, April 20th, for Xbox One and Series X/S, plus cloud streaming on Android. It also has cross-play and cross-progression.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcJ3OnZTjn8

Crippl3 on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I haven't played a proper simulation baseball game in ages, I'm excited to play that one.

I've never really played a baseball game since Backyard Baseball 2001 but I'm still kinda interested

Maybe I'll download The Show and make some Blaseball teams, maybe the Dale can win for once

Wario64
    @Wario64
    E3 2021 taking place June 12-15th in free virtual event this year. Companies include Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, and Warner Bros. Games (no Sony) https://theverge.com/2021/4/6/22368617/e3-2021-virtual-event-digital-microsoft-nintendo

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Konami isn't real.

It. Isn't. Real.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it is real and it can hurt you

liEt3nH.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    it is real and it can hurt you

they will keep you from getting health insurance for sure

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I'm playing through Homefront Revolution on X1X in order to unlock the 4k port of Timesplitters 2 thats hidden inside it, and ooof, this game is pure toilet. I'm not sure it's worth it.

ZD98Zka.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Timesplitters is depending on you

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.