As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Picked up the Ship in a Bottle set, and I'm missing a piece. Put in a request for a replacement, and I've heard that they're pretty good about sending them out?

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Joined Lego VIP so I could make sure to try and get that Space Shuttle kit... Girlfriend was like "oh hey let me see what they got" and the wishlist doubled.

oh no.

(oh yes.)

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I mean this is a huge win, think about how much money you're going to save thanks to all those extra VIP points you'll earn. Honestly, if you don't double your wishlist, you'd be losing money.

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Photos of my NYC taxi cab MOC (upgraded from Lego set 40468 Yellow Taxi) next to the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ideas set (21108) and the LEGO Creator 3-in-1 Caravan Family Holiday (31108). I think it fits in quite nicely scale-wise.

I bought some custom stickers to make it look more accurate to the NYC yellow cab along with advertising for the white signage for the roof (coming up with the design for the build was tricky but fun). Should arrive in a few days.

Very happy how it came out.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Feriluce wrote: »
    Picked up the Ship in a Bottle set, and I'm missing a piece. Put in a request for a replacement, and I've heard that they're pretty good about sending them out?

Yep, they are really good at sending out replacements. Their Pick-A-Brick system also seems to be nearly caught up as well.
    Raiju wrote: »
    Photos of my NYC taxi cab MOC (upgraded from Lego set 40468 Yellow Taxi) next to the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ideas set (21108) and the LEGO Creator 3-in-1 Caravan Family Holiday (31108). I think it fits in quite nicely scale-wise.

I bought some custom stickers to make it look more accurate to the NYC yellow cab along with advertising for the white signage for the roof (coming up with the design for the build was tricky but fun). Should arrive in a few days.

Man, that is awesome. I love how it looks and you kept it small too. Great job!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-republic-gunship-confirmed-for-2021/

I think this will be a really cool build, so I'm all in.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I have been incredibly unlucky with LEGO and the customer service has always been incredible.

I had two back to back sets missing entire bags, and they sent me replacements fast. They’ve also replaced missing individual pieces.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Reports are that the Space Shuttle scaled satellite will be the Ulysses. What's more, it'll be a VIP POINTS Exclusive.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ulysses-space-probe-vip-exclusive-launching-soon/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_(spacecraft)

This gives me confidence that even if I don't pick up the Space Shuttle day 1, I can still get this satellite. :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    What does VIP points exclusive mean, you can only buy it with points or you just have to be a VIP member?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-republic-gunship-confirmed-for-2021/

#shouldhavebeenthenebulonB

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    What does VIP points exclusive mean, you can only buy it with points or you just have to be a VIP member?

You buy it with points.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

Fuck yea! Love that you were able to add the orange signals

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

#shouldhavebeenthenebulonB

I would have been happy if I could have even purchased the smaller Nebulon B but they sold out instantly.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Man, that is awesome. I love how it looks and you kept it small too. Great job!

Thanks, though "small" is relative, lol. The taxi looks fine and in-scale next to the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 set (I still want to mod this one further to make the seating arrangement more realistic with a 2x2 configuration to fit all four 'Busters -- I did mod it to fit all of them but in a single-file 1x4 configuration which isn't too realistic, admittedly -- plus possibly add opening doors).

But the taxi will look huge next to normal 6-wide Lego vehicles and the older Speed Champions style of cars, due to it being a 7-stud wide build (always tricky working with an odd number stud width but using lots and lots of 1x2 and 1x3 jumper plates helps).

When I started this MOC project, I didn't know how it would turn out exactly but I did know that I wanted to meet some goals such as having space to fit four minifigs inside, having four opening doors, a working trunk with space for luggage pieces, an opening hood with engine detailing, and the white advertisement marquee for the roof.

Stuff like the windshield wipers, fare meter/card payment swiper, speedometer for the dashboard, and space on the front grill fascia to fit a metallic silver automobile logo tile were just extras I managed to squeeze in there.
    webguy20 wrote: »

Fuck yea! Love that you were able to add the orange signals

Thanks, man! I've entertained the thought of submitting my MOC to be voted into Lego Ideas (perhaps as part of a small NYC vignette with a hot dog cart and newspaper stand) but seeing past taxi cab custom designs in there failing to meet the 10K vote requirement for the next qualifying round doesn't give me much confidence in the matter.

Ah well, it is what it is. I used an illegal technique or two for my MOC anyway. :biggrin:

• Options
    edited March 2021
  • Options

The Scout Trooper helmet looks awesome. Vader's helmet looks decent although I wish they had continued the vent detail on his mouthpiece a little further down. Could've done that with a sticker if not a printed piece.

The Imperial Probe Droid looks kinda cool but I'm iffy on why they decided to use dark bluish gray pieces for the bulk of the body when it ideally should be black? Very odd.

I'm staring at the Hasbro Star Wars Black Series version of the Imperial Probe Droid in front of me and it's mostly black with some painted detail where it's very dark rust brown around the circular sensor protrusions. The added gray paint is mostly along the edges to denote where it looks chipped and peeling (Star Wars vehicles, equipment and droids having that "lived in" look).

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    The droid from the movies is actually somewhat Dark Grey. Its not black like Vaders helmet. They probably went with a lighter grey for contrast. It is a busy model.

kdtshv477d5m.png

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    The droid from the movies is actually somewhat Dark Grey. Its not black like Vaders helmet. They probably went with a lighter grey for contrast. It is a busy model.

kdtshv477d5m.png

I'm wondering if it's a trick of lighting though. While I have my doubts that the special effects guys at ILM at the time took into account that an ice planet like Hoth would reflect a lot of sunlight due to the white snow, which would reflect strongly on a metallic droid. I'd say the limited blue screen FX technology of the time is more to blame?

At any rate, the black of the Hasbro Black Series Imperial Probe Droid looks right to me while the LEGO version just looks off, to my eyes. I'm watching in-hand review videos of those LAN folks who were lucky enough to get the models early from LEGO before making a decision to get them or not.

• Options
    I figured the same as webguy20 that Lego went with grey so it doesn't look like a blob of black with black pieces on it. The photo he posted makes me want to go watch it again to see if it is dark grey in the movies. I know that the original Kenner toy was dark gray, but yeah my Black Series toy is black. Both look great and perfect in my book.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I got a response to my email inquiry from Lego and they said I should probably just call to get it sorted. I am currently ten minutes into waiting on hold for someone and the robot lady is like, you know you can email us and I'm like I DID AND YOU TOLD ME TO CALL.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    So I got a response to my email inquiry from Lego and they said I should probably just call to get it sorted. I am currently ten minutes into waiting on hold for someone and the robot lady is like, you know you can email us and I'm like I DID AND YOU TOLD ME TO CALL.

Am I the only one who doesn't trust phone systems that are like "give us your number and we'll call you back?" - not saying this is doing that, I just.. if I'm in the system I know i am in a queue somewhere, right? ... at least until the music stops playing.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Update: I am now talking to a very helpful lady. It seems that I somehow have two VIP accounts tied to the same account so my points are going into the other, hidden one when I buy stuff. She put me on hold to talk to the "VIP Team" and this music is way better than the default intro hold music.

It's a really loud piano concerto and I want to know which one it is because it is banging.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Update Part 2: She has to call me back because they tried to fix it but the fix didn't work and broke me being able to even click on the vip section of the website.

TOP MEN are on it.

Worst case they just make me a new VIP account and transfer my god damn 8000 VIP points.

So many points.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    She put me on hold to talk to the "VIP Team" and this music is way better than the default intro hold music.

It's a really loud piano concerto and I want to know which one it is because it is banging.

Naturally; it is, after all, the VIP music ...

• Options
    Update Part 2: She has to call me back because they tried to fix it but the fix didn't work and broke me being able to even click on the vip section of the website.

TOP MEN are on it.

Worst case they just make me a new VIP account and transfer my god damn 8000 VIP points.

So many points.

One good thing is that you'll finally have a working account after this.

I went to go look at our points. Yikes, it is a lot.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I just wanted enough points to try and get that other satellite.

• Options
    Okay so she had me delete my account and make a new one and then she just added my points to the new account and rounded it up to 9000.

So many point.

• Options
    I have used my VIP points for small discounts because I had no fucking idea there were like...VIP only sales. I AM A FOOL.

Also, I was using Googles 'Shopping' Search for the Lego Flower Bouquet and Lego Roses that have been sold out and for whatever reasons, christianbook.com has them listed for MSRP to be available as of 7/1/2021. Maybe that's the next expected run?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I AM A FOOL.

Tom Riddle sneered and rearranged the letters:
    IMO A AFOL.

Brolo on
  • Options
    Am I crazy or can I not find the place to turn vip points into discounts?

• Options

Under My Account > VIP> Rewards. Scroll down you'll see a bunch of icons for discounts at store versus online versus phone.

• Options
    edited March 2021

Under My Account > VIP> Rewards. Scroll down you'll see a bunch of icons for discounts at store versus online versus phone.

Just legoland tickets and a ticket to the Lego House.

It says something at the top about "the rewards re just beginning" so maybe it takes a bit for them to show up since this is technically a new account.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Do you run any kind of javascript blocker or something that might block it? I always have to check my VIP page on a different browser as my main one is Waterfox running NoScript, Privacy Badger and ublock

• Options
    Yeah, my heavy lockdown on my work computer breaks the rewards page.

*cough*

• Options
    You are correct. It was the ad blocker.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Better buy $1000 worth of Lego just to be sure.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Better buy $1000 worth of Lego just to be sure.

After all of that, I don't even have enough points for the $100 off.

• Options
    Hey, head's up!

Today I popped into Best Buy, and found that a few of the Lego Super Mario kits from wave 1 are on discount -- some of them pretty steep. Like a couple kits I had no interest in getting at $30 were in the $12-15 range, and I got the propeller outfit for $5. So check out your local stores or Best Buy if you are interested!

Sadly, the most heavily discounted item is apparently sold out in all of Illinois. The Toad houses (with Toadette) was like $25 or something insane like that. I don't even think the online store shows that level of discount!

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Hey, head's up!

Today I popped into Best Buy, and found that a few of the Lego Super Mario kits from wave 1 are on discount -- some of them pretty steep. Like a couple kits I had no interest in getting at $30 were in the $12-15 range, and I got the propeller outfit for $5. So check out your local stores or Best Buy if you are interested!

Sadly, the most heavily discounted item is apparently sold out in all of Illinois. The Toad houses (with Toadette) was like $25 or something insane like that. I don't even think the online store shows that level of discount!

Did you see any of the blind bags? I'm so trying to find a Bullet Bill for my wife and really trying to not spend $30ish for one. Wish I bought more bags before they stopped selling them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Athenor wrote: »
    Hey, head's up!

Did you see any of the blind bags? I'm so trying to find a Bullet Bill for my wife and really trying to not spend $30ish for one. Wish I bought more bags before they stopped selling them.

No, but I have like 3-4 Bullet Bills because I have no luck. Shoot me a PM with your shipping info.

Athenor on
This discussion has been closed.