As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Variety Of Mobile Firefox Issues

CelloCello Registered User regular
I've had some adventures with Firefox, let me tell you. These are on mobile Android, with a Samsung S20+:

- when I post in the SE fitness thread, half the time I make a post it tells me it will be posted when it is approved. This happens in no other thread
- about 80 percent of the time when I try to post or edit, once the draft bar would pop up, I am no longer able to scroll down the page and the bottom bar disappears but is still physically present. I know this because clicking parts of the screen will sometimes take me to my inbox, notifications, etc. It sucks!
- if I click randomly where I think the X of the draft save notification might be, then I can scroll again. If I am not particularly adept, it will pop open one of the other lower bar panes instead
- these issues happen when posting or editing existing posts

These have been happening since the fall of 2020, maybe October or November or so. It's frustrating for the posting experience, unfortunately.

Steam
3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
Cello on

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the first thing sounds like you are getting caught in the spambot keyword filter, if you have been talking about k*to diets that would trip it.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Apparently so! Man, I don't even eat k-diet anymore, I was losing my mind there trying to post about goddamn protein bars

Steam
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah the worst one for me is writing a long post on mobile, and then hitting a phantom button that's invisibly on top of the "post reply" button, which then both eats your post and forces you to refresh

if you wait long enough, the "draft" auto-save message will pop up again and if you hit close on that quickly enough, it can sometimes pop you back into your post

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    yeah the worst one for me is writing a long post on mobile, and then hitting a phantom button that's invisibly on top of the "post reply" button, which then both eats your post and forces you to refresh

if you wait long enough, the "draft" auto-save message will pop up again and if you hit close on that quickly enough, it can sometimes pop you back into your post

This happens to me so often

Like, every other post, if I am not fast enough

It's rough!

Steam
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Has anyone also had issues with autocorrect? It only happens on this site but if I'm typing while it saves the auto draft sometimes my autocorrect won't put spaces in between words. So if I wanted to type "I'm not sure" I would start by typing 'I'm' and selecting 'I'm' and then 'not' and then 'sure'. But every once in a while it'll show up as 'I'mnotsure' and it requires me to go in and put double spaces on it... One doesn't work somehow.

Hasn't every happened anywhere else before. I can't explain what's going on.

• Options
    Easiest fix for the OPs problem is to just pad the bottom of the page like 100 pixels or something.

• Options
    New addition to this: the report page is also fucked up, so well, there's a post about someone having a black spot purifier in SE I can't call in

No button or text area anymore

The other issues are still ongoing aside from the fitness thread issue

Steam
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I've had some adventures with Firefox, let me tell you. These are on mobile Android, with a samsung

- about 80 percent of the time when I try to post or edit, once the draft bar would pop up, I am no longer able to scroll down the page and the bottom bar disappears but is still physically present. I know this because clicking parts of the screen will sometimes take me to my inbox, notifications, etc. It sucks!
    - if I click randomly where I think the X of the draft save notification might be, then I can scroll again. If I am not particularly adept, it will pop open one of the other lower bar panes instead

I gotta say, this issue is still pretty annoying a whole year later!

• Options
    I've learned that if I need to scroll down to the post button on Firefox mobile I search for "BBC" because then it scrolls down to the bottom of the page.