As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    There's new Blacklight Pops dropping on Target tomorrow, the new line is all X-men. They chose a good selection of characters but the Wolverine one being a shirt combo means it'll sell quickly and be expensive on resale so I really want to scoop these when they go up. We'll see if they realize it's a super popular line or just let them sell out in seconds and not restock for months.
    kwdp2tln48ww.jpg

Well I got them all in cart and managed checkout, let's see if the order sticks and nothing gets cancelled...

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Cross-posting from the Switch thread:

I'm not really one for collecting plastic toys, but Amiibo are my weakness as I can at least tell myself they have SOME kind of functionality as well as form. I hardly ever even play Smash, I'm terrible at it.
    They released a Banjo-Kazooie one yesterday, targeting the nostalgia centre of my brain for massive damage:

8buq831cuqjd.jpg
    "Gu-ha! Wheee!"

IT'S GOT A JIGGY IN THE BASE! And a teeny-tiny gold Rareware logo on Banjo's backpack! Eeeeeeeeeee!! :biggrin:

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I have a few amiibo, my favorite being the two-pack with Samus and the Metroid clinging to the canister. It's been quite awhile since I bought any though, but I kinda want the new Monster Hunter ones...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Welp sure enough, Target cancelled my Blacklight funkos order, saying my "payment authorization was declined" and I called the bank they said there was no issue on their end

So they definitely oversold them and cancelled the oversold orders. Which is a shock, I checked my order time and it was one minute after they went live. And of course Target support is useless and simply suggest resubmitting the order. OH YEAH, RESUBMIT THE ORDER FOR SOLD OUT ITEMS.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Don't worry Jay, you can buy them from the scalper bots that bought a thousand at a time.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Target is only slightly better than Amazon when it comes to bots buying up all their exclusives

It's fine, it's extremely rare for me these days to be unable to purchase things I want at the drop of a hat, I think it's just funny how bad the customer service is for these sites. All I asked was for them to correct the order for me. If say, this had happened on Amazon, they'd atleast hold the order for a few days to allow me to enter other payment info. Even entertainment earth will wait like a week before cancellation if the payment doesn't go through. So it's a bafflingly bad system to just auto cancel a failed payment for ??? reasons (which it likely wasn't, probably just them overselling and giving a generic response that is hard to dispute).

If anything I should thank them for saving me 70 bucks, I'll just put it in the savings account and wait for a restock. I ain't buying secondhand lmao

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh my fucking GOD.

Of course Unicron ships tonight, the day before I go on a 4 day trip. Of fucking course.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh my fucking GOD.

Of course Unicron ships tonight, the day before I go on a 4 day trip. Of fucking course.

Planet eaters really do love screwing people over. =( Hopefully you can have it held and delivered once you get back? I read that the box is huge and hard to fit into cars.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Oh my fucking GOD.

Planet eaters really do love screwing people over. =( Hopefully you can have it held and delivered once you get back? I read that the box is huge and hard to fit into cars.

Yeah. I'm either gonna redirect it to my folks' place, or I'm going to ask it to be held. I sure as hell don't want the delivery person trying to deliver it when I'm not home, as it requires signatures.

Edit: Damnit they send a verification code via the mail to get the shipping manager.. which takes 3-5 days! Ugggh. Going to need to talk to Fedex directly tomorrow I think.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited March 2021
    I didn't do much organizing this weekend as I was doing a ton of cleaning and prepping for my trip. But a few items did get dusted and bagged!

7njz5oTh.jpg

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra - R.H.I.N.O. (2009 Target exclusive)

In the 2.5" line, there's a really cool helicopter that came with Scarlett. It was based on the RHINO, which is an APC with a deployable helicopter. So when I saw a repro of the Rhino in the 3.75" line when I was collecting those, of course I had to have it.

It's big, bulky, fun. :)

6kdikfch.jpg

Liger Zero: Schneider

The only CAS That came out in the US! This had a special orangish tint to the white plastic to make it more unified. Same deal as all the rest. I think this was a full-price purchase for me.

To this day, I don't understand the bunny ears.

b0NaSYmh.jpg

MLP: Friendship is Magic Chrysalis

I have a major thing for Shapeshifters of all kinds, and so Chrysalis always stood out to me in MLP. I even had her as my avatar for a while! I've got a few different versions of her, despite only seeing two episodes with her. I think there were more after season 4? No clue, haven't seen it.

Anyways, this is a later release, that I think was part of a 2-pack with Twilight Sparkle and had a bunch of weapons and spell effects for both characters. It's slightly poseable too. But honestly, this was a poor impulse purchase for me.

01y3559h.jpg

Liger Zero: Empire Ver. (Liger Zero X Base)

There's a really kickass CAS for the "Bad guys" of the Liger Zero, that's all blue and has lightning like design and the such. It uses an Empire Liger base, which is all red and gold. So naturally I bought two. :D

Fun fact: This is the only "base configuration" Hasbro/Tomy (non-HMM) Liger I still leave assembled!

8dtGYRSh.jpg

Zoids: Redler with CP-09 Customize Parts

A motherfucking DRAGON! I love this little guy. It was originally part of the 1986 line, but this one is Hasbro's 2003 release with the Japanese customize parts.

Sadly the wings can't flap very well with the extra weight of the cannons, but I really like the clear look.

iEJ7Tvxh.jpg

Zoids: Sinker

One of my Japanese import Zoids, because it was never released in the states for some reason.

Fun fact: Like the other sea creature zoids (there are 2 I own and 1 I gifted to my aunt), it can float and swim!

JE5MJ9Hl.jpg

Little bit of foam for ballast, a propeller tied to the wheels, and a rudder you can adjust. Very cool!

BMljCUrh.jpg

Zoids: Energy Liger

One of the later releases and very unique. It uses an air pump system! The pumps in the shoulders go to an air diverter. From there, you can either pump to the wings which will extend out (and lock until you press a button to release the pressure), or you can have the pumps go to a pair of weapons that rotate and pump and such.

It's friggin huge.

jg8azxbh.jpg

Zoids: Zabat

So what do you do when you have a model that doesn't really have room for a motor? You give it a drone and a bunch of articulation! This is another favorite of mine. It came with 2 head designs (one with a monoeye sensor and the one I have displayed), and the drone bit that can be ejected and fired.

OU3qMGOh.jpg

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Bludgeon

This is such a rarity in the Transformers line. It's a unique mold that was only remolded once. It's an homage to an older toy, but it definitely has the look of a bayformers model if you look closely (the mechanics and such).

I am really sad because I have no clue what happened to the barrel/katana. I am sure I have it somewhere, but... no idea where.

I wonder how rare this is these days.

Athenor on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I had that Bludgeon for a while, and it is super super cool. Unfortunately, it also has a lot of soft plastic parts on it, and I've read about those soft parts excreting plasticizer onto the hard plastic parts, which basically "melts" them and so ruins both the soft and the hard plastic parts.

I don't know how widespread this actually is, to be fair, so maybe it's like one incident ever. Having had a bunch of my childhood toys succumb to leaking plasticizer in recent years, I'm now super-paranoid about that.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's a decent amount of remolding, and has a unique weapon and head... and is black...

... Damnit I'm talking myself into it, aren't I?

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's a decent amount of remolding, and has a unique weapon and head... and is black...

... Damnit I'm talking myself into it, aren't I?

Then you'll have to buy this guy as well right?
    https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-selects-deluxe-wfc-gs22-black-roritchi

I do like how they at least made some changes to Scorponok and has a cool spear.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Kinda just prefer the original Scorponok.

I need to see if I can find him on sale somewhere

Nobody wrote: »

Here, let me help you with spending money.
    https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-earthrise-titan-wfc-e25-scorponok-figure

Unless you are talking about the original toy, then I have no idea.

oosik_betsuni.png

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-earthrise-titan-wfc-e25-scorponok-figure

Definitely the new one and I was more hoping it was discounted somewhere.
    But thank you for the link!

Early on you could get some good coupons for it on some sites like Entertainment Earth and I think Amazon or Target. Think ever since Omega Supreme there hasn't been a great deal on Titan class figures like the previous ones. From what I can guess, most places only seem to get enough stock to sell and just wait for another reissue.

oosik_betsuni.png

Early on you could get some good coupons for it on some sites like Entertainment Earth and I think Amazon or Target. Think ever since Omega Supreme there hasn't been a great deal on Titan class figures like the previous ones. From what I can guess, most places only seem to get enough stock to sell and just wait for another reissue.

Yeah, I was hoping for an Ollie’s hookup but I don’t think that’s happened since TRU died.

Yeah, I was hoping for an Ollie’s hookup but I don’t think that’s happened since TRU died.

Yeah, Trypticon was probably the last Ollie's deal for Titans. Heck, I know when Omega Supreme and Jetfire were announced I pre-ordered Jetfire figuring that I'll pick Omega Supreme up for cheap. Well that plan backfired since Jetfire was clearanced at Targets and other sites while Omega Supreme never went on sale at all. Sold out, then came back, sold out again, and I finally caved and bought a third release of him at full retail. He is really awesome to me though and much more worth it than my Fortress Maximus and Trypicon that I sold. He is and will be my last Titan I will buy. Heck, I'm looking to unload my Predaking since he just wastes space on my shelf and I really wanted him when he came out.

oosik_betsuni.png
    My Predaking is currently sitting next to Trypticon on my display shelf, when I dig out Devastator I’m going to have a problem of where to put him.

And if/when I get Scorponok, well....

edited March 2021
    My Predaking is currently sitting next to Trypticon on my display shelf, when I dig out Devastator I’m going to have a problem of where to put him.

And if/when I get Scorponok, well....

Yeah Predaking and Devastator are on my MP/G1 shelf acting like MP toys.

Edit: I am going to sell off Predaking to place Omega Supreme up there since it is fitting to have him next to Devastator.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Danny came up with a hell of a mock up for April fool's day:

https://info.smartdoll.jp/en/posts/open-air-itx-pc-case

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Neat as heck

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    One of the reasons I like collecting dolls so much is that I just like miniatures of things real humans use. Any miniatures, really. That's why I was willing to spend $1k on a Vespa model (still haven't completed building that one, whoops).

So I was watching some Adam Savage on youtube, and he had a video about making a coffee table that looks like a storage container:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chbZJAJ9y68

Initially I thought I might buy the digital data for the decals then make this myself, but it's not really the right scale for most of my dolls, and I wouldn't really have any place to put something that big anyway. It did lead me to the tyotoys website, and they had some miniatures of garbage bins, but sadly no scale listed. I went ahead and bought them and I like them, even though they don't appear to be in scale with my 1:6 doll like I hoped they'd be.

545o6mfngkfd.jpg

Still, just a couple of cute things to add to my miniature collection. If I get really ambitious maybe I'll try replicating the design in autodesk and printing a version that's actually to-scale with my 1:6 doll. And if I could do that successfully, it feels like scaling up to 1:3 wouldn't be too hard.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Danny came up with a hell of a mock up for April fool's day:

https://info.smartdoll.jp/en/posts/open-air-itx-pc-case
    The most exasperating April Fools jokes are the ones that make me go "...but I do want that".

Man, I love that container video. It actually made me feel a bit better if he was struggling putting on stickers and learned a little trick with the black paint.

I also love that fake bike case... Wonder if he'd put up his drawings for it since he actually built one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Adam Savage's videos are great and he really makes me want to get more into cosplay and prop making. I helped my friend make a Shield Hero cosplay a while back and it was a lot of fun making the straps and led backlit jewel for his shield, though I may have inhaled toxic plastic fumes making it lmao

Decided to take out some more Funko for display, my symbiote display may be getting outta hand
    4z3yfnqb6sec.jpg
    I got Grimlock!
    eu85m1p3wz4s.jpg
    4558zh8g2l02.jpg

I never realized that Jetfire looks like the original toy! That is too funny that Harmony Gold didn't kill it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited April 2021
    Oh yeah and I made a small shrine to Bobby
    21hlrl92vl1q.jpg

Local H Jay on
    Sooo.. uh.. holy shit.

One of the things I've been looking forward to on my trip was seeing this toy store my bro kept telling me about. Today, we toured the place.

He... wasn't kidding. Like it was insane seeing stuff, both that I owned and that I wanted, just on the shelves. It took a LOT of willpower not to max out an entire credit card. And it just kept GOING... I am already having such regret, but I think I want to track down the store owner and see if I can direct order things.

The most insane part was that I noticed a Rovoltech Vash the Stampede, was like "I want that"... and not 10 minutes later it had sold out from underneath me.

I took a ton of photos and don't want to inline them, but if you are interested, check this out:

https://imgur.com/a/7f04Lf8

Just mind blowing, the stuff that was there. There were only a few conspicuous absenses - no MLP: FiM and no Transformers Animated that I could see. Maybe I just didn't look in the right spots.

Those megazords and the boxes they came in are a mega nostalgia bomb for me holy cow

Okay, whew. Unicorns shipping info suddenly updated from california to chicago, so it will be arriving in the next couple of days. I was able to redirect it to the FedEx location by my place.

It's here! It's here its here it's here WOOOOO!!!!

... I worked up a sweat unboxing it (the second time) and trying to do basic assembly on it. I also see points where I want to go through and sand it, paint it, and maybe panel line it.

I'm a little annoyed that I wasn't sure which way was "up," and that it took me way longer than I expected to figure out how to get the base assembled right. I had to unsnap pieces that REALLY didn't want to unsnap. I was so afraid of breaking things.

It's Chaos Bringer time, baby!

yGt5PKDh.jpg

... glad I got a decent sized car.

A8j31VEh.jpg

The inner box. I'm actually glad they shipped it inside an outer protective shell. Made it harder to tell what it was and protected the box. Which, no really, I am certain I need to save.

fc3oQGMh.jpg

Employee at the game store and friend of mine named Ken: "What, is that a refrigerator?"

awWtGCah.jpg

And here he is, in all his cocooned glory.

q40FhLWh.jpg

Later, at home, here are all his parts.

nl2AA7Ih.jpg

This step took SO FRIGGIN LONG! Seriously, beyond figuring out which way was up and getting all the panels opened and then re-sealed without damaging anything....

XdE9Bolh.jpg

Of course from there it was a breeze. Time to pop out the mandibles!

7IF5CuCh.jpg

And finally... Planet mode. I need to see if this will fit where I think he's going to end up. Dunno if I'll display him this way or in robot mode.

As I said, definitely keeping the box for when I eventually have to move houses.

edited April 2021
    I love how the rest of that room makes it look like he threw everything off the table while transforming to planet mode.

Edit: Also, good grief that thing is HUGE!

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    I managed to snag a blacklight Rouge on restock, so 1/5 down. They're supposed to start hitting stores in a week or so I guess time to hit target every other day again..

I love how the rest of that room makes it look like he threw everything off the table while transforming to planet mode.

Edit: Also, good grief that thing is HUGE!

Look, I'm trying, there's just SO MUCH CRAP in this apartment!