As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I've hit the credits on Strikers, I'm into the post-game. Not sure if there's a "true ending" or anything (and I'm not asking if there is, I'll keeping poking around and see if I feel compelled to stick around)

Overall, I really liked this game. Some great character moments, gameplay that really grew on me (even if I wish there were more gimmick boss fights and fewer "what if a billion HP?" boss fights), an overall thematic thrust that complimented P5 without retreading it. Good shit! It felt like a solid second season of a TV show I was already a fan of.

That said, it's possible to summarize the entire game with one of my favorite Dia Lacina trollish-but-not-NECESSARILY-trolling meme images:
    Enb_KSjXUAInnL7.jpg

I liked that the Ryuji in Strikers had far fewer "cutscene Ryuji" moments than he did in vanilla P5. Solid Bro Ryuji is better than Suddenly Horndog Ryuji.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Strikers is definitely a Persona game, complete with taking 100+ hours to clear all the side missions, and I just hit the postgame!

I think that's all I have though, unless there's more stuff after the immediate post-game stuff, and I'd completely cleared out the requests the moment they became available, including some stuff that was probably better saved for the endgame, like the Dire Shadow achievement.

Like a Persona game, the game kind of breaks after you get some high-tier Persona and can pretty much completely lockdown everything as long as you have its weakness.

I also like that despite
    None of the romances being canon, which obviously they were never going to do, they give you precisely ONE opportunity for alone time, and they were just enough to throw in a single 'hey so this is a date. yeah?' line in there just to help out a bit.

I also feel a bit bad that Royal isn't canon, which yeah that's probably obvious as well, but Yoshizawa was a good character, but I definitely detected hints of her in Sophia, who is also very good

Javen on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Strikers is definitely a Persona game, complete with taking 100+ hours to clear all the side missions, and I just hit the postgame!

I think that's all I have though, unless there's more stuff after the immediate post-game stuff, and I'd completely cleared out the requests the moment they became available, including some stuff that was probably better saved for the endgame, like the Dire Shadow achievement.

Like a Persona game, the game kind of breaks after you get some high-tier Persona and can pretty much completely lockdown everything as long as you have its weakness.

I also like that despite
    None of the romances being canon, which obviously they were never going to do, they give you precisely ONE opportunity for alone time, and they were just enough to throw in a single 'hey so this is a date. yeah?' line in there just to help out a bit.

I also feel a bit bad that Royal isn't canon, which yeah that's probably obvious as well, but Yoshizawa was a good character, but I definitely detected hints of her in Sophia, who is also very good

Whoa, 100+ hours?

My final clear time when credits rolled was ~45. Up to that point, I cleared all sidequests, cleared all dire shadows. My team was all level 70 or so.

Is there THAT much post-credits shit? That may put an end to my journey, good lord.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I didn't think so, that seems extra long

7yh4xczljsym.png
    I ended up grinding a lot once I discovered that it drip-fed you the special requests that let you do the big fusions. I'm pretty sure that they're based on Joker's level.

Then of course I had to actually GET those Persona, which meant grinding MORE levels

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Wait, Strikers has post-credits stuff?

...shit, I never bothered chceking after the final boss!

Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Wait, Strikers has post-credits stuff?

...shit, I never bothered chceking after the final boss!

If you saved after the credits, yeah

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I may have to redo that sequence, not sure if I saved post credits. But I always have multiple save files, gotta always be rotating them saves

Thanks for the heads up!

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Your teammates skills never completely disappearing and being able to unequip and reequip them at will is a QoL thing I really enjoy.

Dragkonias on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ffffffffff that sounds like my wallet crying in the other room.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Solidly MEH on gacha of existing IP lately. They've just been poorly managed cash grabs for the most part.

Madican wrote: »
    Solidly MEH on gacha of existing IP lately. They've just been poorly managed cash grabs for the most part.

Totally understandable!

But man.. P5 grabbed me in a way that very few games ever have. The music, the style, the dumb kids... I adore it and I want more.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    so hey, after starting a playthrough almost 2 years ago I beat Persona 5 lol
    I played it on PS Now on PC while it was available, didn't beat it, got almost all the way through December but ran out of time after the palace. I got a PS5 a couple weeks back, and 1. PS+ comes with a free copy of P5, and 2. My P5 "Network Storage" save slot still had my save in it, so I was able to finish 2 nights ago.
    Some thoughts, mostly about the ending, big spoilies if you haven't played through it yet:
    When my 10-rank s-links showed up in the final fight I was like yooooooooooo
    And then when the poll result bar came back I was like YOOOOOOOOOOO
    And then when Joker pulled out the gun I was like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

For real though, I absolutely loved the game. Like I said, I beat Shido's palace and was just grinding through my last few regular days. I knew I wasn't done with the game, there had to be something after that....but I had NO IDEA it was THIS MUCH, holy moly. Honestly, it was a bit much, especially since I did some more grinding in Mementos (I figured the finale would be short so I decided to just do a run all the way through it, just so I wouldn't finish so soon, silly me) for levels and money. The final push through the depths went well, I blew all of my money on gear and wasn't able to ever fuse the last personas I wanted, namely Kali. Luckily for me, Ryuji unlocked Agneyastra right before the last bit, and that ability fucking carried me through the Yaldaboath fight lol. That fight is really really cool, although surprisingly not super hard. I really enjoyed the epilogue too, although I wish you could talk to everyone, not just your rank 10s, it meant that I didn't see Ann or Hifumi or a bunch of other folks again. I thought the twist with Igor was cool on a meta level, he had a new voice actor but I thought it was just because the previous one passed away, they got me with the reveal at the end when Yaldaboath started taking over the city.
    I ended up with Makoto as my GF, of course after she talked about wanting to be a cop I kinda wanted to change lmao. Ended up maxing out Ryuji, Haru, Makoto, Futaba, Kawakami, Iwai, Mishima, Yoshida, and the Wardens, Ann got to 9, Sojiro got to 8 since he takes so long to level, wish I got Takemi and Chihiya up higher. It was really cool seeing my maxed S-Links in a bunch of the cutscenes, made me wish I finished more outside my party.

Question about a plot point though: Why the hell was I released from jail? Was it just because of the public outcry? Why were my crimes as the Phantom Thieves erased?

So anyway, after 140 hours (I'm sure like 15-20 of those are idle time though lol) I beat P5 on Normal. What did I do next?
    Why, buy a cheap copy of P5 Royal Deluxe edition while it was 50% off and start playing it of course, I'm about to beat Kamoshida's palace lmao.

Crippl3 on
    http://p-ch.jp/p25th/
    First teasers for the 25th anniversary stuff is up. There's going to be 7 reveals between this September and next fall. Also some exclusive 25th anniversary merch is available for preorder.

Can't wait for Persona 6 to be announced next year and then come out 3 years late!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It's always nice(if surprising) to see the pre-3s acknowledged in some form. Maybe Steam versions?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I just want P5A

Please........

• never dienever die Registered User regular

Those are the Persona 1 and 2 protagonists.

The top picture is Tatsuya and Maya, the protagonists of Persona 2:Innocent Sin and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment respectively.

The bottom picture is Boy with Earing, the Persona 1 protagonist, and another picture of Tatsuya.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just want P5A

Please........

What's the A

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I just want P5A

Please........

What's the A

Arena

Persona 4 Arena was an arcsys fighting game

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »

The top picture is Tatsuya and Maya, the protagonists of Persona 2:Innocent Sin and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment respectively.

The bottom picture is Boy with Earing, the Persona 1 protagonist, and another picture of Tatsuya.

i'm sorry to report that you have been bamboozled by someone who knows very well who they are

liEt3nH.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Nah that doesn’t make any sense they started with persona 3 these must be the next ones

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    What if Persona 6 and 7 are just 1 and 2

checkmate atheists

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Put P5R on switch and steam you cowards!

And P4G on switch!

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Wait they’re announcing that an ANNOUNCEMENT will come in AUTUMN 2022?

Thanks.

• never dienever die Registered User regular

i'm sorry to report that you have been bamboozled by someone who knows very well who they are

Hah okay. I did stare at a minute trying to figure out if it was sincere or not. I chose…poorly.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Hah okay. I did stare at a minute trying to figure out if it was sincere or not. I chose…poorly.

Look at it this way - you answered it for anyone else who was confused but didn't post.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Wait they’re announcing that an ANNOUNCEMENT will come in AUTUMN 2022?

Thanks.

Shoji Meguro has left Atlus: https://personacentral.com/shoji-meguro-leaves-atlus/
    Atlus says that they'll keep working with him. Also, he is working on his own independent RPG called MegaRock

Some folks finally finished an English translation patch for Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, the other half of the PSP P2 remake that North America didn't get. You can download it here: https://github.com/sayucchin/P2-EP-PSP/

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Shin Megami Tensai 1 psx is now translated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8yVtqRXDJ4

august on
    And it looks like Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensai II for the NES finally got a translation about seven months ago:

https://youtu.be/gju1Lc0s8OU

Someone at Atlus is about to get megafired, they accidentally uploaded the trailers for 2 new Persona games early
    These have been rumored for a while, likely to be announced at the Xbox show next week, both on Game Pass day one

I'm so happy my favorite dumb kids are back. Like damn near happy tears. Gimme more Ryuji, Makoto, Ann and the gang!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well, it's pretty, at least.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2023
    I'm wondering if the P3 characters won't be invoking themselves in the head anymore.

edit: it's nuts that they put the fem protag in this, because that means this is in every way better than the PSP upres they just sold to people! like lol wtf.

august on
    august wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the P3 characters won't be invoking themselves in the head anymore.

edit: it's nuts that they put the fem protag in this, because that means this is in every way better than the PSP upres they just sold to people! like lol wtf.

...I didn't see her in it?

wVEsyIc.png
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    august wrote: »

...I didn't see her in it?

Yeah I haven't played much P3 so I mixed her up with Yukari because they both have brown hair and red eyes. I guess red eyes are uh common in Persona world.