As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner - Project Nisei carries the torch

1676869707173»

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 28
    And there it is. The Giga-Scoop for Gateway.

The product page for Update & Gateway has been... well, updated, with the DTC and MPC links if you want to get them printed, or the PDF's if you want to "acquire" the office printer to do it yourself.

And so, with Gateway dropping, SanSan and Honor & Profit are officially rotated from Standard, as well as Salvaged Memories goes back to the hell it crawled out of.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    System update is like the backbone of my favorite decks, with new art.

Such familiarity.. such warmth.

He/Him
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Think I made an opponent rage quit after I flatlined them.

I misread or didn't understand the format he wanted to play, so I guess my deck was illegal (too many formats, and startup isn't a recognized one yet?) and flatlined him. I'm trying to learn! He wanted Gateway+Update, I guess I chose a Startup deck that had cards from the Uprising cycle.

akirasig.jpg
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I played all day yesterday running a couple of Startup format decks I threw together and had a fantastic time. Loup is so sick, I love getting tempo for doing a thing I want to do anyway

Oh hey, new fiction piece went up today involving Steve having a very bad day.

persona4celestia.jpg
    tzeentchling
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 1
    I know jinteki exists but I really wish there was a dedicated app for this game so I could play it with people I know who don’t want to go to all that trouble

I never get to play this because nobody I know locally in Nowhere, TX is into it, and jinteki is just so disconnected-feeling, which is antithetical to the enjoyment I get from playing

joshofalltrades on
    Cantido
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    You could say that about any FFG game.

I also say it about Dire Wolf, who digitize everything except their own products.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    I think people vastly underestimate how much work and resources it takes to make a polished app for a card game.

Hell, Wizards can't do that, and they have billions of dollars of gambling dollars behind it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Oh I know it would be a huge undertaking, and not really practical

Anyway, I want it

*looks at the thousands of games of Ascension I’ve played with my wife on the app*

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I think people vastly underestimate how much work and resources it takes to make a polished app for a card game.

Hell, Wizards can't do that, and they have billions of dollars of gambling dollars behind it.

???

I can’t tell if this is a diss at Magic Arena or not.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Tabletop Simulator has mods for this, which while probably worse play wise than jinteki might be more approachable?

Standard ban list update dropped today:

The changes:
    Slot Machine is banned.
    Engram Flush is banned.
    Fairchild 3.0 is banned.
    Game Changer is banned.
    Mass Commercialization is banned.
    Government Takeover is banned.

The article goes into more depth into the reasoning behind those choices.

It actually slipped my mind, but back in May there was a little one that took out Violet Level Clearance as well. Figure I might as well get that in here for completeness.

persona4celestia.jpg