As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on the PS gold headset and the 4k tv. Was thinking of grabbing a new headset and tv soon but my PS gold headset still works just fine so since it works on PS5 I might just stick with it until it stops working.

Wasn't there some kind of benefit to getting a PS5 and having an existing PS+ sub?

The Collection:
    Sony wrote:
    From Worldwide Studios:

Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    God of War
    Infamous Second Son
    Ratchet and Clank
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Until Dawn
    Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

From our third-party publishers and developers:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    This gen launch for both bone x and p5 has had the most lukewarm software launch, maybe even rivaling N64. I'm surprised it's doing as well as it is.

Maybe even worse as n64 had Mario 64 as its killer app, not anything like that this go around.

Being able to play pretty much everything from last gen, but better, was enough to justify it for me. Traded in my PS4 Pro and got a PS5 as an upgraded PS4 for $300, that can also play PS5 games.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    metaghost wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on the PS gold headset and the 4k tv. Was thinking of grabbing a new headset and tv soon but my PS gold headset still works just fine so since it works on PS5 I might just stick with it until it stops working.

Wasn't there some kind of benefit to getting a PS5 and having an existing PS+ sub?

The Collection:
    Sony wrote:
    From Worldwide Studios:

Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    God of War
    Infamous Second Son
    Ratchet and Clank
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Until Dawn
    Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

From our third-party publishers and developers:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Thank you!

Managed to get a PS5 last Thursday and it is supposed to get to me 4/9 so just trying to figure stuff out.

Hard not to feel pessimistic and think something dumb or bad is going to happen to balance out finally getting a PS5.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Looks like they’re doing a free to play weekend for watch dogs legion, I really recommend everyone try it out. It doesn’t quite work 100%, but as an experiment it’s a lot of fun. A lot of the cutscenes end up feeling like British accent madlibs but it still has that charm you only get from a game trying something new. Cutscenes and mission briefings basically use all your recruits so you feel like you’re playing as a small group rather than a single character, it’s quite clever and different. It still has like a central cast of static npcs your group bounces off too which are forgettable but serviceable enough

It didn’t sell too well and so I’m worried other games won’t try similar stuff, but I’d love like a fantasy game where you build an army and can play as any character. Lots of neat possibilities with the idea

The city itself also looks very impressive and detailed on next gen consoles, though character models are hit and miss

Prohass on
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Legion was fun! Hijacking a flying construction drone then riding it around London never got old. Integrating your recruits into both cut scenes and mission chatter was really neat. And some of the recruits were really great and occasionally hilarious. I had a good race driver that also had a drawback of being gassy, and if I forgot to switch characters when sneaking then sure enough she'd let one rip and alert the guards.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Looks like the free trial is ps4 version only which is...dumb. I think I’ll pick it up for the same price since I played it a bit at launch with Uplay+ but my pc didn’t run it great and I hear the ray tracing on ps5 is pretty good. The few hours I put into I found it entertaining but not amazing. My spy with an invisible car with rocket launchers was pretty fun

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Does walmart not take the payment for the PS5 until it is actually shipped?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Yes. Just got mine this week and they didn’t charge me until the day after it shipped.

Also, I love Control and I’m happy I waited until I got a PS5 to play it. My base PS4 would have ruined this experience.

Gork on
  • Options
    Gork wrote: »
    Yes. Just got mine this week and they didn’t charge me until the day after it shipped.

Also, I love Control and I’m happy I waited until I got a PS5 to play it. My base PS4 would have ruined this experience.

Cool, thank you. I was wondering why the payment disappeared from my checking account and was wondering if it had actually been canceled. This puts my mind at ease.

• Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    My PlayStation 5 is arriving today and I'm so thrilled. Managed to snag one for me and my partner last week and am so excited!

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    So are these available to commoners yet or just to scalpers still?

Having been tuned into the stock-drop livestream for the UK for nearly 6 weeks now, I can say with some authority that unless you get very lucky it's still pretty much scalp-bots only.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yo, am I stupid, or is there no way to adjust the volume ratio on the Pulse headset? The little slider is grayed out when I use the headset, and my game audio drowns out my friends.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Yo, am I stupid, or is there no way to adjust the volume ratio on the Pulse headset? The little slider is grayed out when I use the headset, and my game audio drowns out my friends.

A quick google indicated the Pulse has a button for controlling the balance (like the Gold does), as well as the ability to adjust it within the Party interface. You may need to mess with Audio settings though, as I suppose some aspects of the Pulse's 3D Audio support may disable such adjustments.

• Options
    Okay, yeah, I am stupid. There are so many buttons on here. I think I just assumed it was monitoring or mute or something without actually reading it.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Question in hopes of a solution...

My stepson has a ps4. He's been using a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 wireless headset with it problem free for a few weeks.

Today I got him a 1tb seagate external hdd. Plugged in the drive, formatted and it works fine.

Except now his headset won't stay paired.

Have hooked headset up to PC and updated. Have done hard reset on headset itself. Have hard reset ps4. Unplugged ps4 entirely for a few mins. Tried everything with the hdd disconnected.

Both are using the USB ports on the ps4. The headset comes with a USB Bluetooth transmitter.

Before I get into a return process for the headset/transmitter, is there anything anybody could recommend?

I never had a ps4 so it's all new to me.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Question in hopes of a solution...

My stepson has a ps4. He's been using a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 wireless headset with it problem free for a few weeks.

Today I got him a 1tb seagate external hdd. Plugged in the drive, formatted and it works fine.

Except now his headset won't stay paired.

Have hooked headset up to PC and updated. Have done hard reset on headset itself. Have hard reset ps4. Unplugged ps4 entirely for a few mins. Tried everything with the hdd disconnected.

Both are using the USB ports on the ps4. The headset comes with a USB Bluetooth transmitter.

Before I get into a return process for the headset/transmitter, is there anything anybody could recommend?

I never had a ps4 so it's all new to me.

USB 3.0 can cause some radio interference with the frequency range used by Bluetooth devices. If the drive is being used as a place to offload installed games that are not currently in use, instead of playing them directly off the drive, then disconnecting it when not moving files around should fix the issue. Just be sure to select "stop using this device" from the menu to avoid data loss, first.

As for the transmitter, does the headset not pair with the PS4 without it? The console's internal antenna might be a bit more insulated, if the DualShock 4 controllers (which are Bluetooth) are still working normally while the external HDD is connected. Or at least, it wouldn't be right next to the source of interference, like the USB transmitter.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Yeah, it came with it and seems required.

Thinking the transmitter just ate it and put in a support request with turtle beach.

Just seemed odd to do it right after setting up the hdd.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Finally got a PS5, there was a huge boom in stock here and all my friends were able to get one too.

Quick question, it seems like I can't upgrade the PS+ version we got of Control to the PS5 edition. Was this only possible while the game was available on PS+?

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Did you not redeem the PS5 version when it was free? I coulda sworn the one offered was the PS4/PS5 combo not separate entries.

Reminder that you don’t need to have a PS5 to redeem them. You can do so from the PS App or the web store as well.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Did you not redeem the PS5 version when it was free? I coulda sworn the one offered was the PS4/PS5 combo not separate entries.

Reminder that you don’t need to have a PS5 to redeem them. You can do so from the PS App or the web store as well.

Yup, I have all the free PS5 games, but not Control. I don't recall there being an option to select a PS5 version, and since they said we were eligible for a free upgrade, I didn't think much of it :/

Edit: Yep, the PS Store had a "PS4" version and also a "PS4 PS5" version. If you didn't redeem the latter, you're out of luck and Sony will not help you out, even if you've been trying to buy a PS5 for months. That YongYea video just posted is pretty relevant right now.

This is such a shitty setup of their store:

nijqaewz0m75.jpg

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    At the very least, that middle option should say "Purchased". Are you sure you grabbed it when it was free?

That said, I've found the web store can be damn stupid and buggy at times. I've had instances where it says I'm logged in, but games I own still show prices and "Add to cart". Just go right to the source. Boot your PS5 up and go to your game library. Is "Control" there? Then just download it there. If there's a little "PS4" box on it though, then instead of hitting download, hit the 3 dots next to it and select the PS5 version and then download it.

If Control just isn't in your library at all... I've a feeling you might have forgot to get it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    When you pick up a free game in Playstation, it pings your email with a "thank you for your purchase." Go search the email you use for this, if you got one, go to customer support. If you didn't... you probably forgot... sorry to say.

• Options
    At the very least, that middle option should say "Purchased". Are you sure you grabbed it when it was free?

That said, I've found the web store can be damn stupid and buggy at times. I've had instances where it says I'm logged in, but games I own still show prices and "Add to cart". Just go right to the source. Boot your PS5 up and go to your game library. Is "Control" there? Then just download it there. If there's a little "PS4" box on it though, then instead of hitting download, hit the 3 dots next to it and select the PS5 version and then download it.

If Control just isn't in your library at all... I've a feeling you might have forgot to get it.

That's the most confusing part, I have the game and the DLC in my library, but they still all say "$39.99" at the store as if I didn't own them. And I do have the email, but since I didn't redeem the "PS4 PS5" version, I'm at fault here according to Sony.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Yeah AFAIK there were both on the store for whatever reason.

• Options
    Really sucks. I already own the game + DLC on PC, but I don't have an RTX card and I only wanted to see the pretty graphics.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »

That's the most confusing part, I have the game and the DLC in my library, but they still all say "$39.99" at the store as if I didn't own them. And I do have the email, but since I didn't redeem the "PS4 PS5" version, I'm at fault here according to Sony.

Go poke Sony support anyway, you might get someone who takes pity on you in some way.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

But that's what I'm saying, don't listen to the web store because the web store is dumb and buggy. Especially if the game is in your library AND you have an email that says "Thank you for your purchase of Control Ultimate Edition". Besides, anybody who previously bought the digital Ultimate edition also would have got the PS5 version. I don't think they've since rescinded that offer.

IokPKMJ.jpg

Again, go to your library and look for that option. If it's not there, then last ditch effort would be to go to the PS5's in system store and search for Control: Ultimate Edition. And if that is actually showing up with a $39.99 price option... then I'm completely wrong and that is really fucking dumb and I apologize. But I'm like... 80% sure that if you have Control: Ultimate Edition PS4 in your library, you have the PS5 version. Sony's UI can just be real dang dumb at hiding it because it wants to mash all game versions and demos together into one library icon.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Is anyone else getting a delay when starting up? My PS5 used to go straight to the home screen, now it shows a 'Please Wait' message for a few seconds (both starting from scratch and from Rest Mode). I thought it might be because I was using up too much storage (even if I still had over a 100GB free), but I shifted a bunch of it to an external drive and it's still giving me that message.

I'm getting a bunch of little glitches to the point that I'm 80% certain it's got an overheating and/or GPU problem. I'd be replacing it if Amazon could actually get stock.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

But that's what I'm saying, don't listen to the web store because the web store is dumb and buggy. Especially if the game is in your library AND you have an email that says "Thank you for your purchase of Control Ultimate Edition". Besides, anybody who previously bought the digital Ultimate edition also would have got the PS5 version. I don't think they've since rescinded that offer.

IokPKMJ.jpg

Again, go to your library and look for that option. If it's not there, then last ditch effort would be to go to the PS5's in system store and search for Control: Ultimate Edition. And if that is actually showing up with a $39.99 price option... then I'm completely wrong and that is really fucking dumb and I apologize. But I'm like... 80% sure that if you have Control: Ultimate Edition PS4 in your library, you have the PS5 version. Sony's UI can just be real dang dumb at hiding it because it wants to mash all game versions and demos together into one library icon.

Yup, it shows up as a $39.99 purchase on my PS5. It's just how they decided to "separate" them into PS4 and PS5 versions for who knows what reason other than they're completely incompetent at merging the PS4 and PS5 libraries.

I'm talking with a Sony rep right now, hopefully they do the right thing.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Got mine in! It's big! Too big! It's almost as big as my dog!

WcDO9gkl.jpg

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Maybe your dog is too small (no every dog is perfect what am I saying).

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular

Yup, I have all the free PS5 games, but not Control. I don't recall there being an option to select a PS5 version, and since they said we were eligible for a free upgrade, I didn't think much of it :/

Edit: Yep, the PS Store had a "PS4" version and also a "PS4 PS5" version. If you didn't redeem the latter, you're out of luck and Sony will not help you out, even if you've been trying to buy a PS5 for months. That YongYea video just posted is pretty relevant right now.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/3r/nijqaewz0m75.jpg
    Sony's new web store is just a catastrophic cluster-fuck compared to what they had before (which was quite good!).
    I can't get any of those orange 'add to cart' buttons to render in any web browser I've tried, and redeeming codes is also now impossible. They done fucked up, changing everything for no damn good reason at all.

• Options
    Sometimes I think Xbox's acquisitions is a distraction from the real work of infiltrating PlayStation corporate and doing dumb shit like fucking up all their stuff that worked fine before. The web store, parties, cross-buy. Chipping away at lower level stuff as they work their way up the corporate ladder.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Sony's new web store is just a catastrophic cluster-fuck compared to what they had before (which was quite good!).
    I can't get any of those orange 'add to cart' buttons to render in any web browser I've tried, and redeeming codes is also now impossible. They done fucked up, changing everything for no damn good reason at all.

Update: Sony told me to pound sand, I contacted 505 games and their follow up question was: "Did you obtain this through PS Plus?" so I'm pretty sure they're going to try to weasel out from giving me the upgrade too. If I was in the US I'd say this is a pretty easy case for small claims, specially since you "purchase" the PS Plus games for $0.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Update: Sony told me to pound sand, I contacted 505 games and their follow up question was: "Did you obtain this through PS Plus?" so I'm pretty sure they're going to try to weasel out from giving me the upgrade too. If I was in the US I'd say this is a pretty easy case for small claims, specially since you "purchase" the PS Plus games for $0.
    lol no

I'm really sorry dude but you're the one who messed up here.

NOW WITH THAT SAID the Sony UI for both the PS5 AND the new Webstore is terrible.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    How so? They specifically said "Anyone who purchases/owns Control: Ultimate Edition is entitled to a free PS5 upgrade".

But they were sneaky about it and made sure the version that shows up on the PS4 is somehow exempt from this, and never stated it.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    How so? They specifically said "Anyone who purchases/owns Control: Ultimate Edition is entitled to a free PS5 upgrade".

But they were sneaky about it and made sure the version that shows up on the PS4 is somehow exempt from this, and never stated it.

you own the PS4 version of the ultimate edition right? are you sure there is no way to "buy" a digital upgrade to the PS5 edition? becuase that's how other games have done it, but the sony ui is so bad it's a pain to get.

there is also potentially some bullshit fine print that says if you got the ps4 version from PS+ and somehow didn't get the PS5 version you're boned

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    The PS5 version of control reportedly was not accessible from within the PS4 interface. You had to use the web/app to claim it if you didn't have a PS5 at the time. I think you'll have a hard time getting legal remedy for something you spent $0 on and are at best entitled access to via subscription rather than actually owning, but 505 have handled this deceptively compared to say Square with FF7R, and it's hard to blame someone for using the PS4 interface Sony themselves provided.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm not saying I'm going to go through the hassle, but it's really scummy on their part.