As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    I mean, this is the league that let the father of an active player be in charge of discipline.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    In light of this situation, MoneyPuck has introduced a new live stat to their system. % chance that the next penalty will be called against the home team. Using an extremely simply model by (mostly does football stats) twitter guy StatsByLopez

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So apparently Tim Peel isn't fired, he's suspended with pay to the end of the season and will keep his pension too.

But at least the Beaverton is having fun: https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/03/nhl-finally-finds-the-one-bad-referee-causing-officiating-problems-in-all-games/

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I mean, the league never actually said he was fired. They just aid that he would no longer be working NHL games.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    I mean, the league never actually said he was fired. They just aid that he would no longer be working NHL games.

With him set to retire in a month there is zero chance they'll fire him. The union would be forced to file a grievance and lets be real this has been the NHLs unofficial refereeing policy for years, and their inboxes are probably full of evidence to that effect.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Michigan hockey became the second team to be forced to withdraw from the NCAA tournament. They were scheduled to play in about 90 minutes. Brutal end to a season.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    2 years in a row without even a chance, that's gotta suck for college athletes

• Options
    With ESPN getting the NHL contract I hope they give Leah Hextall a shot on big games. She's calling the Fargo regional in the NCAA tournament and she's really good. I figure Buccigross probably gets the lead job, but if he does studio instead, I hope she gets it.

• Options
    Enormous choke job by the two time defending champs in that game. Up 2-0, iced it twice shooting for the empty net, never got it out of the zone after either faceoff. Now they're headed to OT.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Now headed to a fourth overtime.

EDIT: And now it's the longest game in NCAA history.
    EDIT2: OT5.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    And it's over. Minnesota-Duluth eliminates the #1 overall seed. Have won 7 OT tournament hockey games in a row.

• Options
    Look at that team defense from the NHL #flyera

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    And against the Sabres no less. The Sabres!!

• Options
    Aaaaand the Sabres still lost.

• Options
    Another March, another March of the Penguins

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Look at that team defense from the NHL #flyera

You see Ivan, you put more men in goal, puck can no go in

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
  • Options
    I think we're burying the lede here that there was a player named Sprague Cleghorn?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Old timey sports names are the best

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Those players fall into 2 groups.

One that played in the 80s

One that played through a worldwide pandemic that affected the ability of the league to play games.

• Options
    MacKinnon with the helmet throw, seems bad

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Bad? That's a high quality slapstick reaction if I have ever seen one!

• Options
    I mean, it’s not his helmet, he’s politely returning it right? Right? 😂

• Options
    Based on McDavid’s $5000 fine for his ridiculous elbow and the wheel of justice, incoming 5 game suspension.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular

<Hockey Man>

I won't have a guy like that on my team, even if he's the best player in the league!

</Hockey Man>

• Options
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I watched this loop 5 times and every time I said "what?!?" at the end

It’s gotten worse since then. More cases including variant cases.

TSN is a major Canadian sports network.
    The Vancouver Canucks received more positive COVID-19 tests on Friday evening, adding to the already eight confirmed cases among their players. In addition to the new positive tests, a strain variant has been identified.

More from @DarrenDreger: tsn.ca/video/~2171632

Lost Canuck on
    QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    I watched this loop 5 times and every time I said "what?!?" at the end

It’s gotten worse since then. More cases including variant cases.

TSN is a major Canadian sports network.
    The Vancouver Canucks received more positive COVID-19 tests on Friday evening, adding to the already eight confirmed cases among their players. In addition to the new positive tests, a strain variant has been identified.

More from @DarrenDreger: tsn.ca/video/~2171632

Yeah, not great

• Options
    😬😬😬

14 Canucks on the Covid list now.

• Options
    And that apparently is not including an additional taxi squad player and three coaches.

• Options
    It’s hilarious reading American hockey media comment on this outbreak all shocked about the state of vaccination in Canada and questioning why we aren’t as vaccinated as the USA.

I assume they’re totally ignorant that the US won’t export any vaccines approved for use in the USA, while also being the largest producer of Covid vaccines outside of China.

We have to get out Pfizer doses from their plant in Belgium, rather than the closer ones in the USA.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    It’s hilarious reading American hockey media comment on this outbreak all shocked about the state of vaccination in Canada and questioning why we aren’t as vaccinated as the USA.

I assume they’re totally ignorant that the US won’t export any vaccines approved for use in the USA, while also being the largest producer of Covid vaccines outside of China.

We have to get out Pfizer doses from their plant in Belgium, rather than the closer ones in the USA.

I mean, I'm sure most of them don't know where vaccines come from to begin with

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »

I mean, I'm sure most of them don't know where vaccines come from to begin with

We’re i journalist, I’d google the question before asking on Twitter. 🤷‍♂️

Anyhow, more, info, things are bad.

I don’t see how they’ll be able to complete their season. The best thing to hope for now is that no one dies or has their health compromised long term. I hope the more elderly staff members are ok

• Options
    Huh, alternate info coming out in terms of severity of issues in team:

• Options
    I do not like this, no sir!

Islanders add Palmer AND Zajac?!

That's not how NHL trades work! You're not allowed to load up like that before the deadline!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Apparently you can't change players before a faceoff?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular

From Greg Wyshynski:
    Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald: "I hope the pick we get is the 32nd pick. I hope both of these gentlemen win the Cup."

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Apparently you can't change players before a faceoff?

Depends on the reason for the faceoff, and also which team in the home team.

Home team gets last change, so once you put players on, the home team chooses players, and then things are set. Away team can't change again afterwards.

Also, if you ice the Puck, you can't change players.

I think those are the only two rules. With exceptions for injury or equipment malfunctions

This discussion has been closed.