As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I keep checking into this thread when there are updates expecting the inevitable day when Tim Eyman is caught violating his ban.

I'm sure he's already started; he just might not have officially gotten caught yet.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    If there's one person in this state that I am anxiously awaiting the moment when they 'find out' it's Tim Eyman

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I mean... they've "found out" Tim Eyman multiple times, he's just a white man committing white-collar crimes so his punishment is olol.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    True, but I am hoping one of these days his fucking around finally seals his fate

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Moving on up... to phase3? Uhh more stuff can be done inside now? Sorry I had one joke and failed the rest here...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    As somebody who has been working in and around the worst diseased dregs of spiteful hateful humanity this whole time, the March 22nd thing finally puts my age group and class of essential worker as eligible for the vaccine.

• Options
    The mariners posted they can have 9k people on opening night. Now that's available naturally finding 9k people to want to watch the mariners lose is always a hard preposition.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Preacher wrote: »
    The mariners posted they can have 9k people on opening night. Now that's available naturally finding 9k people to want to watch the mariners lose is always a hard preposition.

Dammit Preach...

You're right. Maybe we can get Nintendo in Redmond, CEO Bowser to outsmart Manfried and buy back the M's at a discount.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Dammit Preach...

You're right. Maybe we can get Nintendo in Redmond, CEO Bowser to outsmart Manfried and buy back the M's at a discount.

Not a chance, that was the old Nintendo. We'd be lucky if like Amazon bought the team and then sold it to Wyoming at a discount under their prosports section on Amazon Prime +

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Ironically opening night the Mariners have historically done very well. We almost had the record in 2016 for most opening day wins in a row

That is before the travel takes a toll though

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Ironically opening night the Mariners have historically done very well. We almost had the record in 2016 for most opening day wins in a row

That is before the travel takes a toll though

Yeah obviously just making a joke at the easiest punching bag. And even if they struggled to fill opening night, the first major sporting event to have fans would sell out anyway just as a breath of normalcy

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If the Seahawks trade Wilson we're all gonna be on the Mariners hype train to get away from even greater despair. It won't work, of course, but it'll at least be a buffer until the Kraken start playing.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    If the Seahawks trade Wilson we're all gonna be on the Mariners hype train to get away from even greater despair. It won't work, of course, but it'll at least be a buffer until the Kraken start playing.

Google can't stop recommending me articles from random Bears sites that are certain Chicago's trading for him. Today it even recommended an article from the fucking NY Post on how trade rumors about Wilson are heating up.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The cap hit is too high for them to trade him.

All this talk is just his agent stirring shit.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I love how confusing the naming systems are.

Were in phase 3!

Also simultaneously, we are in phase 1!

Wait, I meant phase 1b.

Oh shit, sorry, phase 1 b teir 2, that's the ticket!

• Options
    I love how confusing the naming systems are.

Were in phase 3!

Also simultaneously, we are in phase 1!

Wait, I meant phase 1b.

Oh shit, sorry, phase 1 b teir 2, that's the ticket!

Yeah like the state for general use is in phase 3. For vaccines its phase 1 b phase 2 alpha ruby sapphire.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    they started putting up the giant traffic signals for the wider alaskan way surface street. you know, the eight-lane highway right in the center of a major city, the highway that they said would be unnecessary if we spent four billion dollars digging a tunnel, the one every single transpo and urban advocacy group in the city was opposed to.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It’s like the only people that were happy with the tunnel were a lot of construction companies

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Did they ever finish that money pit or did they just give up and fill it in?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    knitdan wrote: »
    Did they ever finish that money pit or did they just give up and fill it in?

yeah, they finished it a few years ago. it's been doing the only thing it's any good at, getting commercial traffic to SoDo, for awhile now.
    Matev wrote: »
    It’s like the only people that were happy with the tunnel were a lot of construction companies

don't forget the chamber of commerce! you know, the only people who matter to politicians!

also, dipshit seattle homeowners, who voted in favor of the tunnel the only chance we had to put a stop to it!

Shorty on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Did you know that there is an on-going election in King County that you can vote for online? I guess it normally gets less than 1% of registered voters in it?

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2021/03/11/55758511/heres-how-to-vote-in-king-countys-hush-hush-election

And you can vote online just because, apparently no one cares about the election?

https://kingcd.org/about/board-of-supervisors/elections-and-appointments/

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Did you know that there is an on-going election in King County that you can vote for online? I guess it normally gets less than 1% of registered voters in it?

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2021/03/11/55758511/heres-how-to-vote-in-king-countys-hush-hush-election

And you can vote online just because, apparently no one cares about the election?

No. No, I didn't know that.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    The tunnel wouldn’t have been so bad if it wasn’t topped by an 8 lane monstrosity that we’re going to call a “park”. It actually can get you around the city if you’re coming from 99. The lack of exists and entrances means that even when it moves slow it doesn’t move that slow. And it’s tolled (or will be?) and charging people in cars more money is always good in my book.

Edit: I mean, woefully inadequate to get traffic out of the city but still not so bad. And now we’re going to have an 8 lane monstrosity that is also bad at getting people out of the city!

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    I just want the Northgate light rail to finally open.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    the tunnel tolls have been in effect for a while, and range from $1 to $2.25 at the peak, with an added $2 fee if you're doing pay-by-mail

• Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

That’s this fall right? It didn’t get pushed back or delayed or anything?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

No. No, I didn't know that.

This feels contrary to the whole democracy thing.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

That’s this fall right? It didn’t get pushed back or delayed or anything?

Besides the fact that like a year and a half ago it was supposed to be now, yeah.

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    $740 for tabs on a 1 year old Kia. Yeesh. Don't know how else to pay for transit if we don't have income tax, I guess. It sucks for people who are less able to afford it, though.

• Options
    state senate just passed a bill to outlaw private prisons. inslee is expected to sign.

tweeter is a reporter for NPR.

"Big news: Washington state Senate just passed bill to ban private prisons. This means the ICE demotion center in Tacoma would shut down in four years. The legislation now heads to
    GovInslee's desk."

this is a W, with the caveat that four years is an absurd sunset timeline

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    state senate just passed a bill to outlaw private prisons. inslee is expected to sign.

tweeter is a reporter for NPR.

"Big news: Washington state Senate just passed bill to ban private prisons. This means the ICE demotion center in Tacoma would shut down in four years. The legislation now heads to
    GovInslee's desk."

this is a W, with the caveat that four years is an absurd sunset timeline

The sunset needs to allow for constructing physical buildings, so I don't see how you could get that done much faster.

• Options
    Yeah like there are people currently in private prisons you need to build buildings for and staff appropriately or you get a story about prison crowding leading to excess deaths.

Its shit, but that's the world we live in sadly.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    most of those people don't have to be in prison.

• Options
    also, we're talking about an ICE facility specifically. zero of those people have to be in prison.

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    most of those people don't have to be in prison.

Well, yes, but ending private prisons is a different thing.

(I feel ending private prisons is actually step 0 towards ending the overuse of prisons in this country. Removing the profit motive ensures that fewer people benefit from someone stuck in prison for five years, which means there's less pushback from re-examining the point of putting them in prison.)

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    also, we're talking about an ICE facility specifically. zero of those people have to be in prison.

I agree, but I'm sure that passing that bill if it means everyone currently in a private prison just walks out would be impossible to pass.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    1) false dichotomy

2) I'm not obligated to evaluate it on those terms

• Options
    You're absolutely not obligated to, no.

I say that assuming you aren't a member of the Washington Legislature, who are reasonably obligated to evaluate it on those terms.

• Options
    the people who decide whether laws can be passed should make the determination of whether to pass laws based on whether it can be passed or not, huh

• Options
    the people who decide whether laws can be passed should make the determination of whether to pass laws based on whether it can be passed or not, huh

"All tautologies are tautological" and more deep insights

This discussion has been closed.