As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    the only issue is that i've really only ever been on someone's profile on accident or for secret santa stalking

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so, i got the script back in jan, but i guess i now have got the final go ahead to start on e

took my first titty skittle just now

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I realised the other day when lying on the couch watching TV that I actually like... have some smol bumps now

like, there's more than just my very sensitive nips there now

that's cool

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    so, i got the script back in jan, but i guess i now have got the final go ahead to start on e

took my first titty skittle just now

tittle? is that anything?

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    honestly I love portmanteaux but 'titty skittle' is very funny

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    I'm partial to "anticistamines" or "fem&ms"

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I am now referring to my bumps as “proto-boobs”

Also I need to go bra shopping because a friend is convincing me to go do archery with her and.... uh.... yeah

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Had a friend go on a long rant about how folks should be accepted as whatever gender they identify as, but then promptly in response to my inquiry regarding those outside the binary rebuff it entirely as there being only two genders. This was... demoralizing and exhausting to say the least because I really thought they were learning and it was good stuff to hear but then they took a 90 degree turn to explicitly avoid acknowledging the realm in which I exist.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So I parked my car yesterday morning to go swimming.

I am not good at parking. I'm not very good at driving, tbh.

But I parked the car, it's between the lines and I really needed to get into the pool to get a chance to swim before they close it off for the aquarobics class.

So I got out and grabbed my swim bag, looked at my parking and went "Huh. I'm not really straight at all"

And then I giggled for the next twenty minutes or so because, well no. I'm really not straight at all.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Hello I am dating again and this new person is very here for my very nebulous gender situ and he owns a mesh crop top and I would just like to thank the world for bisexuals, in general

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    Hi thread, long time no post!

I'm still around and still genderqueer, though I haven't really come any further in figuring out my true long-term goals for the whole situation. My mental health has been a bit shaky, but not enough to stop me from continuing to experiment.

For a while I felt like I was really stalling out. It was easy enough to get fake boobs and women's clothes to wear at home, and that's been awesome, but hair and makeup have been more of a struggle. Since my hairline is so high I figured I'd try out a wig, but the first one I got was kinda awful, both to look at and wear. I've ordered a new one that looks a bit promising, but I'm not sure how much happier I'll be with it.

Makeup turns out to be quite difficult, unsurprisingly, especially considering how much work there is to be done on my face. I think I made an error in starting my search for youtube tutorials on drag makeup, figuring that they'd have the best tools for compensating for and hiding face structure, stubble, etc. I'm sure a lot of the tricks they use are applicable, but the standard they set isn't really achievable for me to reach, let alone on a daily basis. If anyone has tips for good resources on makeup I'd be grateful! At the moment I'm just trying to spend some time practicing the fundamentals every night, hoping to eventually find enough techniques that work for me to create my own basic makeup regimen.

I'm also playing things a bit dangerous with work. I haven't come out to anyone there and we have quite a lot of video calls during the day, so there's a lot of switching clothes back and forth. I'm a little worried that there'll be a day when I answer a video call without thinking and flash some cleavage to a colleague. Fortunately, I'm pretty confident that there wouldn't be any serious repercussions (Sweden has fairly strong anti-discrimination laws), but it'd still be very awkward!

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    Hi thread, long time no post!

I'm still around and still genderqueer, though I haven't really come any further in figuring out my true long-term goals for the whole situation. My mental health has been a bit shaky, but not enough to stop me from continuing to experiment.

For a while I felt like I was really stalling out. It was easy enough to get fake boobs and women's clothes to wear at home, and that's been awesome, but hair and makeup have been more of a struggle. Since my hairline is so high I figured I'd try out a wig, but the first one I got was kinda awful, both to look at and wear. I've ordered a new one that looks a bit promising, but I'm not sure how much happier I'll be with it.

Makeup turns out to be quite difficult, unsurprisingly, especially considering how much work there is to be done on my face. I think I made an error in starting my search for youtube tutorials on drag makeup, figuring that they'd have the best tools for compensating for and hiding face structure, stubble, etc. I'm sure a lot of the tricks they use are applicable, but the standard they set isn't really achievable for me to reach, let alone on a daily basis. If anyone has tips for good resources on makeup I'd be grateful! At the moment I'm just trying to spend some time practicing the fundamentals every night, hoping to eventually find enough techniques that work for me to create my own basic makeup regimen.

I'm also playing things a bit dangerous with work. I haven't come out to anyone there and we have quite a lot of video calls during the day, so there's a lot of switching clothes back and forth. I'm a little worried that there'll be a day when I answer a video call without thinking and flash some cleavage to a colleague. Fortunately, I'm pretty confident that there wouldn't be any serious repercussions (Sweden has fairly strong anti-discrimination laws), but it'd still be very awkward!

I have learned the most from Wayne Goss.

I highly recommend just trying different makeup artists on youtube until you find one who you like.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I joined my company’s new LGBTQ community group and, due to a quirk of demographics, it is like 80% L. It’s really interesting as a blend of people, and also deeply amusing to me to have a space where male voices are a minority but still present and respected. Unlike other experiences I have had, except maybe in the bisexual herd at summer camp that one time.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Red & gold are not good colors for my eyes.

Also I settled for trimming my beard even shorter into the stubble zone, I'm constantly in struggle between a desire to look like I'm not trying to pass as male and knowing that shaving my beard off, even with my longer hair, isn't gonna make me look androgynous and hurrrrrrgh.

edit: I've been opening up at work and slowly bringing people onboard with the pronoun change and my workplace, smack center of Capitol Hill, Seattle, what used to be the non-cishet HQ of this city, everyone I've opened up to, their response has been "What's agender?".

My partners social circle and family has been more enlightened and just rad all around.

Weaver on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    ♥️ 🏳️‍⚧️ Happy Trans Day of Visibility 🏳️‍⚧️ ♥️

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I don't have a recent pic since this pandemic is still sucking upon my mental health, but here's the one I took soon after my surgery:
    6myy1nlowttc.jpg

♥️ 🏳️‍⚧️ Happy Trans Day of Visibility (Everybody!) 🏳️‍⚧️ ♥️ :)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    MKR wrote: »
    I'm about at a zen point with gender and sexuality. I accepted it's not going to fit into any neat boxes and I'm just going to have to forge a big gay path into the unknown.

The unknown has a lot of glowing orbs suspended in darkness.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    This is the year I finish transition. I may get one or two more surgeries down the road, but they’ll be something largely cosmetic, like body contouring or maybe Yeson voice surgery (which I’m not sure I need, my voice is finally okay-ish after five years of working on it).

I had gastric sleeve two months ago, I have FFS in the next two months, and the second part of SRS in the winter.

The idea of a life without medical transitioning is almost disorienting. But exciting!

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Happy International Transgender Day of Visibility, everyone!

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Really glad the correct answer for FFS on google was the first result, because I was not going to scroll through 10 pages of "for fucks' sake".

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Soon

fuck gendered marketing
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Does anyone else have cis friends who wish them happy trans day of visibility. And do you think that's weird.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Does anyone else have cis friends who wish them happy trans day of visibility. And do you think that's weird.

I don't, but that would be weird. People are really weird.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

As a newly minted trans chick, hearing it from close cis friends feels nice and is pretty affirming. Hearing it from cis acquaintances would probably depend a lot on the person.

Maybe this will be beaten out of me by the world at some point, but for now, intent matters a lot to me, and I have a pretty good idea of how my friends and acquaintances feel about trans rights.

It is definitely weird for some people to say it. And I'd be less enthusiastic about tenuous acquaintances or strangers wishing me a happy trans day of visibility.

vRyue2p.png
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

I do not, and I would not want it wished at me by anyone at all, since it's not a holiday I 'celebrate' (what would that even mean anyway). It's a holiday that was declared at some point by someone to balance out TDOR because TDOR (trans day of remembrance) is sad, so they figured should probably have a holiday that isn't just about bad things happening to trans people. But I don't emotionally resonate with either of these holidays so I'm not interested in people roping me in.

So from a cis person it would be extra weird. From a trans person, ya ok fine.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    As a trans lady who works a lot in queer advocacy in the corporate world, I honestly hate how a lot of cis people approach TDoV (and TDoR). It’s all so empty and performative. Trans people are in a really precarious spot in the US right now, and individual acts of violence are now being followed up by forms of state-sanctioned violence in at least 28 state legislatures. Telling me I am seen, valid, brave, etc is just empty bs—show me a receipt to the gofundme you backed or the letter you wrote to your state legislator defending our rights. That is worth a hell of a lot more to me than platitudes, because at least it shows you understand some of the stakes for us right now.

So I guess my feelings about TDoV are similar to this article: https://ruthpearce.net/2021/03/31/trans-visibility-modelling-possibility/amp/
    The real power of it is in showing other trans people that their lives are possible.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    As a trans lady who works a lot in queer advocacy in the corporate world, I honestly hate how a lot of cis people approach TDoV (and TDoR). It’s all so empty and performative. Trans people are in a really precarious spot in the US right now, and individual acts of violence are now being followed up by forms of state-sanctioned violence in at least 28 state legislatures. Telling me I am seen, valid, brave, etc is just empty bs—show me a receipt to the gofundme you backed or the letter you wrote to your state legislator defending our rights. That is worth a hell of a lot more to me than platitudes, because at least it shows you understand some of the stakes for us right now.

So I guess my feelings about TDoV are similar to this article: https://ruthpearce.net/2021/03/31/trans-visibility-modelling-possibility/amp/
    The real power of it is in showing other trans people that their lives are possible.

This has been incredibly important to me over the past year or so, like generally, not just on TDOV.

vRyue2p.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Right that basically matches what I thought. I've never really engaged with TDoV because I am an attention-phobe, but I feel like it's a day for trans folks to tell other trans folks "I'm here with you and that's ok" and tell cis folks "We're here, deal with it." Having someone say "Happy TDoV" the way they would say "Happy birthday" or "Happy Christmas" is very weird.

The person in question is my best mate and I think she's just trying to be supportive or whatever but does things in an awkward way because she doesn't know how it sounds from my side. She will also occasionally send me messages like "Sorry to hear the bad news, hope you're ok x" when there's been some terfy nonsense in the papers or whatever, which I usually have no idea about because I don't follow normal news, so that's always bizarre as well.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    MsAnthropy wrote: »

I like that article and I very much like the 'possibility model' concept. That's what I needed when I was younger.

• AnalogWarlordAnalogWarlord Registered User regular
    Happy Trans Day of Visibility y'all! On April 3rd I'll have officially been on HRT for a year.
    ivbnhlpycu3u.jpg

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    It's my first one of these celebrating myself as a trans nonbinary person, and it also marks the four month mark from when I began coming out to people! And likewise, the day prior to then was when I started HRT!

Been a wild journey so far, and it's amazing that a third of a year has already come and gone.

Happy Trans Day of Visibility y'all! On April 3rd I'll have officially been on HRT for a year.
    ivbnhlpycu3u.jpg

Yeah see this is what I mean.

You look amazing <3 I hope I look this good after a year on HRT!

Not to mention a year of learning how to do makeup...

vRyue2p.png
    ivbnhlpycu3u.jpg

holy shit what a good look; I love it and you look v pretty!

edited April 2021
    Right that basically matches what I thought. I've never really engaged with TDoV because I am an attention-phobe, but I feel like it's a day for trans folks to tell other trans folks "I'm here with you and that's ok" and tell cis folks "We're here, deal with it." Having someone say "Happy TDoV" the way they would say "Happy birthday" or "Happy Christmas" is very weird.

The person in question is my best mate and I think she's just trying to be supportive or whatever but does things in an awkward way because she doesn't know how it sounds from my side. She will also occasionally send me messages like "Sorry to hear the bad news, hope you're ok x" when there's been some terfy nonsense in the papers or whatever, which I usually have no idea about because I don't follow normal news, so that's always bizarre as well.

ah yeah I have a friend who does that to me too and I'm always like ummmmmmm what news and then have to go read the washington post headlines and figure out what she's on about
    I generally don't read the news cause news is often pretty stressful!

credeiki on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We’re likely not going to have vaccinations done quickly enough for Pride this year.

Why even have summer at this point!?

YL9WnCY.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm fucking cold is why

liEt3nH.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If we were meant to have warmth, then we wouldn’t have fucking wasps

YL9WnCY.png
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    or mosquitos

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Was on the phone with my gran, neighbour knocks on her window to drop a prescription round.

She says "Sorry I'm just on the phone with my-" and I brace myself.

She's been nothing but supportive but she's old and forgetful and misgenders me without realising more often than she doesn't, especially when talking to other people. It doesn't really bother me, I just prepare to make a point of correcting her.

"-granddaughter."

Huh. 4 years in and I'd forgotten what that little spike of euphoria was like when someone gets it right unprompted.

This discussion has been closed.