As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Yeah, that really sucks. Sorry that it's likely not going to work out. I long deleted the email, but I kinda want to say that, when I grabbed the game off the web store, I just grabbed the PS4 version, and the PS5 just appeared in my game library. But who knows. And that's really stupid. The only "deceptive" thing at the time was the whole advertising and selling of the Ultimate edition, and the promise that that version got a free PS5 upgrade... and then come launch of that version, welp it's free to all Plus members, thanks for the money. There certainly didn't wasn't anything weird about redeeming the game at the time. But you redeemed the Ultimate edition, you should have the PS5 version. :(

My only last ditch hail mary play would be to go into account settings I think on your PS5 and try the Restore Licenses option, then one last time search for Control on the console store and see if it's now a download or still asking for money. I don't imagine this will work though. The one time I had to do this, it was with a game I already had downloaded on my PS4 but suddenly was telling me "You don't own this" when I tried to play it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Yup, the rep told me to do that, but I effectively just have the "PS4 License".

I'll just let it go, and play Control with raytracing once the RTX situation improves.

In other things, the PS Remote app runs the PS5 at 30fps if you use your local network, but 60 fps if you do it over the internet. It was my workaround to streaming my PS4 without using a capture card :(

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I finished the PS5 version of Control completely a couple weeks ago. Easily one of the better games I've played from the last generation. Not the best, but extremely good. Jesse was a fantastic character. I enjoyed the Jean Grey type gameplay with interdimensional aliens. I loved some of the more trippy/weird sections. Great stuff all around and one of the best PS+ games they've given me.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I finished the PS5 version of Control completely a couple weeks ago. Easily one of the better games I've played from the last generation. Not the best, but extremely good. Jesse was a fantastic character. I enjoyed the Jean Grey type gameplay with interdimensional aliens. I loved some of the more trippy/weird sections. Great stuff all around and one of the best PS+ games they've given me.

Just rub salt in the wound!

urahonky on
  • Options
    :D

I have the game on my PC, with all DLC. I just wanted to see the pretty RTX stuff on my PS5!

• Options
    It's been 5 days where the PS5 has not run out of stock Amazon Mexico, I hope this means supply will normalize in the US as well. As expected, scalpers are now showing up on FB marketplace selling brand new consoles at retail price.

• Options
    edited March 2021

Bad month for me as I avoid Zombie games like the T-Virus. Not a fan of gore and am so tired of zombies.

I have never been a huge fan of the Oddworld series, even back on the PS1. I'll give this one a shot though since they are including it and I don't have anything else to play on the PS5 at the moment. Doubt it'll change my mind on the series but maybe I can play through it really quick.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I know being disappointed in Days Gone being one of the monthly games because I already got it by buying a PS5 at launch is some severe first world problems shit, but I can't change how I feel.

• Options
    I only ever played the first one (I think Abe's Odyssey?) and it was a really well made puzzle platformer. This one seems to be more of the same so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    I know being disappointed in Days Gone being one of the monthly games because I already got it by buying a PS5 at launch is some severe first world problems shit, but I can't change how I feel.

Between this, and giving both Ratchet and Clank and Horizon away free... yeah it feels petty to complain, but it still feels weird and is a weird optic.

Given how ridiculous it still is to get a PS5, I think it's better to look at this as not leaving PS4 users in the dust and to be happy for them. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Many complained about them gatekeeping the free PS+ game collection to just PS5 owners.

Maybe they are slowly using this as way to show they are giving the people what they wanted! :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Days Gone is dope. You guys should give it a shot!

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Many complained about them gatekeeping the free PS+ game collection to just PS5 owners.

Maybe they are slowly using this as way to show they are giving the people what they wanted! :P

Though if you have a friend with a PS5, there's actually nothing stopping one from logging into their account on it, claiming the free games on their account, and then downloading them onto their PS4. Now there were stories about people getting banned for doing this, but I'm pretty sure it was also people who were selling this "feature" to others, doing it in bulk and profiting off it. If you have a close friend you trust with your account to do this on an individual basis, I very much doubt anything is going to happen to you.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Went ahead and grabbed Immortals and Yakuza LaD while they are on sale.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Is there a way to permanently disable the controller mic in the settings somewhere, short of opening up the plastic and ripping out circuits? There is no situation ever where I want a mic defaulting on for any device.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Is there a way to permanently disable the controller mic in the settings somewhere, short of opening up the plastic and ripping out circuits? There is no situation ever where I want a mic defaulting on for any device.

Copypasta'ed from the internet:
    Navigate to your PS5 home screen, and then click "Settings" to open the Settings menu.

Choose "Sound" in the Settings menu. The Sound screen is shown.

Select "Microphone" on the left side of the screen, and then make sure the Input Device option on the right side of the screen is set to Microphone on Controller.

Navigate down to Microphone Status When Logged In, click that option to display a menu, and then set it to "Mute." Going forward, the PS5 DualSense microphone will be muted by default.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Navigate to your PS5 home screen, and then click "Settings" to open the Settings menu.

Select "Microphone" on the left side of the screen, and then make sure the Input Device option on the right side of the screen is set to Microphone on Controller.

Navigate down to Microphone Status When Logged In, click that option to display a menu, and then set it to "Mute." Going forward, the PS5 DualSense microphone will be muted by default.

Thank you!!

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Thank you!!

Just a note, bud, but that's actually how I have it set up. And, well, you may have noticed that I keep running into that issue where it manages to activate while I'm using a headset and deafening everyone with feedback.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Ah, Days Gone. Not thrilled with a PS+ Collection game being the headline PS+ monthly freebie, but I also recognize that it's impossible to find a PS5 and it's a great game that PS4 owners should enjoy.

Supposedly a totally botched launch, with horribly buggy and unstable copies out for review for days before patches hit, but... I played it a year ago after picking it up for $20 and adored it. Whatever state it may have been in at launch, it runs well now and is imo one of the best first-party PS4 games.

Maybe takes a bit to get going and get to the good stuff (fun weapons, big set pieces, feeling powerful), and it's long - I just looked and apparently I spent 53 hours getting the Platinum. But it's (eventually) an interesting story and a heck of an open world.

If you liked Mad Max but would like to see that open-world formula (ride between camps, accomplish story tasks, upgrade your ride and weapons, some light survival elements, gorgeous landscape), pick this up. For sure. And be a little patient with it.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I've been waiting for like a dragon to hit a sale since it released but eh; I think it'll go even lower soon. fingers crossed.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    My PS5 has mostly been a chat platform for playing MH on my switch thia last week.

That is not a "omg collecting dust" comment I have really always appreciated how well sony's multi has worked for me since the PS4. It's just seemless and works and is far less fiddly then MS's in my experience. It's nice and I appreciate that.

Also.the controller is amazing. Hands down my favorite ever supplanting the steam controller in my heart (issues aside)

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Speaking of Control, I actually just finished it. That was a pretty good time! The prog metal bit was a hoot.

Though, I'm wondering if there's a "true" ending that
    Wakes up Dylan and gets everyone out of the building.

There doesn't seem to be anything like that on YouTube? Or do you have to do the DLC? I'm ready to move on, so can anyone point me to what I'm looking for?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Speaking of Control, I actually just finished it. That was a pretty good time! The prog metal bit was a hoot.

There doesn't seem to be anything like that on YouTube? Or do you have to do the DLC? I'm ready to move on, so can anyone point me to what I'm looking for?

Control only has one ending. The DLC basically lays sequel hooks and is more fun times.

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Control only has one ending. The DLC basically lays sequel hooks and is more fun times.

Well, that's a bit of a bummer. Not that I expect everything to be wrapped up in a bow and give me ice cream or such, but after all that great buildup in the previous half-hour or so the final encounter and ending was pretty darn rushed and empty. Ah well, here's hoping the sequel materializes soon.

• Options
    Yep, the ending you got is the only ending. Play the Foundation though, it provides some interesting nuggets that I'm sure they'll follow in the sequel.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    If I transfer my save data for Tony Hawk Pro Skater for the PS4 to the PS5 and play the PS5 version will it still use that save data?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Once you port the save, you now have two identical saves on PS4 and PS5. They don't sync back up from there, so progress made on PS5 won't reflect on the PS4 save.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Once you port the save, you now have two identical saves on PS4 and PS5. They don't sync back up from there, so progress made on PS5 won't reflect on the PS4 save.

Cool, thank you. I'm glad I don't have to start over on PS5 when playing the PS5 version.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I've joined the PS5 nation...Demon's Souls is beautifully kicking my ass like its 2009 all over again. But I will say trying to lock in what next gen upgrades I can get free (Borderlands 3, Valhalla, D2) via the PSN interface is an exercise in "Who designed this shit?!" And the small initial storage space kinda rankles a bit.

Astro and D Souls have me sold on the loading performance and haptic feedback things and thus far the Dual Sense isn't causing my hands any issues, but I've only fuzzed around for about 3 hours total so far.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

Deathloop has been delated to September 14.

That sucks, it was due out pretty soon right?.

Edit: They haven't updated their twitter bio, was due May 21.

captaink on
  • Options
    Noooooo.... But I'd rather it be complete so I guess I can wait.

• Options
    Complete without absolutely killing their workers Cyberpunk-style, I hope.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    With it originally being sandwiched between Resident Evil 8 and Ratchet & Clank, there was no way I was playing it at release anyway. Kinda glad it's getting pushed back.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I've never heard ugly things about Arkane as a workplace and they have a stellar track record, so I can certainly live with that delay given COVID landed squarely in the middle of development. They do top-notch work and Deathloop seems like a really interesting concept, and a few months is not that big a delay.

• Options
    I've never heard ugly things about Arkane as a workplace and they have a stellar track record, so I can certainly live with that delay given COVID landed squarely in the middle of development. They do top-notch work and Deathloop seems like a really interesting concept, and a few months is not that big a delay.

Yeah seriously... I love Arkane more than any other studio. Every one of their games feel like it's designed specifically for me.

• Options
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3659382/bloomberg-the-last-of-us-getting-a-remake-for-the-ps5-days-gone-sequel-nixed/

We're getting a Last of Us remake for the ps5 and they've killed off the Days Gone sequel which is a fucking crime against humanity. I wanted to know where the story goes.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Wait didn’t last of us already get a remaster? So it’s getting a second remaster? Or is this just a next gen version of the current remaster?

• Options
    Remake, not remaster. No clue what they'll change but likely Joel's design to fit with the movie.

• Options
    I mean, I understand wanting to dovetail with the movie, and I'm generally not one to gripe about remakes, but isn't a mere ten years a really short time for a remaster?

I still keep debating about whether I should play the sequel. The first one was just about the maximum level of grim I could take. How does the second compare? Does it have stuff like the first's giraffe scene that will keep me going?

• Options
    ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    There are multiple moments in Part II that exceed the giraffe scene. Naughty Dog really crafted something special in those scenes. It’s also the bleakest video game I’ve ever played. It was an experience that made me genuinely question whether or not I have the capacity to feel empathy; I had to ask myself a lot of uncomfortable questions after playing the game and I didn’t always like the answers.