As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I feel like none of the champs who's stats were bumped were bad because of their stats.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    When do these changes go live?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    vdgho5950jrf.png

I'm not sure why, but I think there might be a few missing translations in the new Lab recap screen. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Is the patch live already?

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

The patch is applied on Wednesday and then goes live on Thursday. This is done to sync up with mobile and PC so nothing is left behind.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

The patch is applied on Wednesday and then goes live on Thursday. This is done to sync up with mobile and PC so nothing is left behind.

Ok, that's what I assumed.

The game seems super wonky and unstable right now. I can't get it to work and it keeps loading a non-functional version of the post-patch game.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I feel like none of the champs who's stats were bumped were bad because of their stats.

I do feel like a cost reduction would have helped Jarvan more than more stats.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    They made pick a card draw 2 even though there's 3 cards on the art, the absolute madlads

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    They made pick a card draw 2 even though there's 3 cards on the art, the absolute madlads

Well if anything it was more misleading the other way. When you pick a card, you generally get one of the presented options, not all.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    TF cheats, though

• Options
    I've been playing the Nox/Frel frostbite deck since there seems to be a ton of Fiora/Shen right now and it's just hilariously effective. "I have barrier!" "Culling strike, you're dead, next." "Riposte!" "Flash freeze, get out of my face." "Single combat!" "Troll chant, good bye."

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Little bummed they nerfed shyvs stats. It was always such a good blowout to attack with her into screeching dragon, they don't block and you single combat it to death anyway. Shyv should cost 3 with those stats. Like riven is also a 3/4 that can do all sorts of crazy stuff. Dragons in general need something that doesn't cost 4+.

Fiora nerf is rough. It won't do anything to mono fiora. Probably a small effect on fiora shen. But the overall effect is more of a sharpsight nerf I feel because it won't keep her alive through nearly as much.

This should shake up the meta a bit. Though I have a feeling liss/trundle will be back in FORCE.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Little bummed they nerfed shyvs stats. It was always such a good blowout to attack with her into screeching dragon, they don't block and you single combat it to death anyway. Shyv should cost 3 with those stats. Like riven is also a 3/4 that can do all sorts of crazy stuff. Dragons in general need something that doesn't cost 4+.

Fiora nerf is rough. It won't do anything to mono fiora. Probably a small effect on fiora shen. But the overall effect is more of a sharpsight nerf I feel because it won't keep her alive through nearly as much.

This should shake up the meta a bit. Though I have a feeling liss/trundle will be back in FORCE.

Yeah, the stat nerf is dumb because it fucks with your ability to hit Shyvana's level up.

As for cost, it seems like there's some sort of flavour thing going on where dragons are all medium-to-big (ie - 4+ cost) units. You are supposed to use Herald of Dragons or the like to cheat them out quicker. But no one runs that card.

• Options
    I think all these nerfs are going to herald the return of Lee Sin.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm not sure lee will fare very well in a meta with so much freljord and shadow isles in the meta frostbite and just instakill kinda shit it down.

Aggro will be able to breathe a bit more without fiora being as crazy, and without aphelios able to either summon the octopus or or just deal 3 as easy. Also if there is less tf in the meta there are less red cards just annihilating go wide strats, though I still think lissandra decks will shoot up in numbers.

• Options
    Lee Sin with Lucky find (even after the bug fix on it) is still going to be strong. Definitely a tier 1/2 deck depending on how much freeze there is. Teching in 1-2 Bastions for a slower meta could solve the Freeze problem. We'll see.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I spent this morning thinking way too hard about how the game flip-flops the attack order that you and your opponent are perceiving when you and your opponent are determining attack order.

I'm sure it's not the first time an online game has performed such a trick but I just caught onto the fact that they're doing it and my brain is broken. I won't ever unsee it now. I see that card is on the far left and is going to attack first but I fucking know it's actually on my right you goddamn cheater!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    This game is a fucking dumpster fire of bugs since they patched it.

I'm completely locked out of Labs for some strange reason. And I'm getting a bunch of disconnects, including a really annoying one mid-game just this morning.

• Options

I'm completely locked out of Labs for some strange reason. And I'm getting a bunch of disconnects, including a really annoying one mid-game just this morning.

Really? I played a half dozen ranked/labs this morning without problems. I’ll check again.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I played like 4 labs games this morning, no issues. Will try again in an hour or so.

• Options

Really? I played a half dozen ranked/labs this morning without problems. I’ll check again.

It's not like a "Labs are disabled" thing. I started up a lab and then retired it but then the game did one of it's many disconnects that were plaguing it yesterday and now if you try and "Continue" the still active lab it boots me straight back to the champion select screen. Occasionally I see a flash of "Missing Translation" before it kicks me back. Something is completely fucked there.

• Options

It's not like a "Labs are disabled" thing. I started up a lab and then retired it but then the game did one of it's many disconnects that were plaguing it yesterday and now if you try and "Continue" the still active lab it boots me straight back to the champion select screen. Occasionally I see a flash of "Missing Translation" before it kicks me back. Something is completely fucked there.

Hmmm...that is weird. I had the missing translation stuff myself, so maybe something is borked right now.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Hmmm...that is weird. I had the missing translation stuff myself, so maybe something is borked right now.

Yeah, all yesterday afternoon if kept connecting and disconnecting and connecting and disconnecting over and over again after the patch dropped. And half the time it would load into what I assume is the new version of the game, but with incomplete assets. There was like a 7 day event with rewards again and other such things.

• Options
    Well looks like the patch dropped proper today so maybe if you try it now it'll work? I no longer have Missing Translations.

• Options
    Nope, still fucked up. I submitted a ticket but I've gotten nothing back so far.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I had the monies to build an approximation of one of the current meta builds for Targon, because I played Labs and REALLY dug Aphelios

It's a good enough deck that I might, maybe, attempt PVP.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    I had the monies to build an approximation of one of the current meta builds for Targon, because I played Labs and REALLY dug Aphelios

PVP grants more XP, so I'd get on that. You don't have to even play Ranked, just Casual is fine.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    HAPPY VAULT DAY EVERYONE!

gnbhhlw5ka4u.png

Not a half bad Vault. Lots of Wildcard upgrades (8 Commons/3 Rares) should help fill in some of the spots I'm missing.

How'd everyone else do?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    vkc0p07ewrzp.png

I uh may have been at Vault 13 +2

I may have played this game a bunch this week. The only reason I had so few shards is because literally none of my card pulls got sharded.

Thawmus on
  • Options

PVP grants more XP, so I'd get on that. You don't have to even play Ranked, just Casual is fine.

As an aside, I've been playing ranked with the starter decks and even with some shit quest-chasing decks and have leveled up to Iron II so fuck it go ranked.

• Options
    Taliyah has to be the worst lab of legends deck by a pretty hefty margin I feel. It's just awful. It has problems getting past Thresh.

• Options
    I don't understand Taliyah at all, gotta be honest. I know there's some fuckery you can engage in with summoning lands that are about to expire but I dunno what else the point is.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I can only assume that Taliyah has some beastly synergy with unreleased cards from the rest of the set. As is she's one of the worst units in the game, not even champions but units period.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I still can't even try Taliyah or the other guy in Lab; it keeps giving me an error whenever I try.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I can only assume that Taliyah has some beastly synergy with unreleased cards from the rest of the set. As is she's one of the worst units in the game, not even champions but units period.

What do you mean? She's just an understatted body for the cost that only does anything worthwhile if you have a landmark out at the same time and is basically totally useless before and after level up otherwise!

• Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Saw this taric garen deck on reddit and gave it a whirl. It's a spicy meatball

CECAMAIAAEEQWDA5GMBQIAABAIDQEAYJEM5ACAYABYBACAIAE4AQEAAHAA

I gave this a go and WOW, is it funny when you hit Taric with Golden Aegis on the opponent's turn.

• Options
    Taliyah feels like one of 2 things to me:

1) Overnerfed during development because occasionally Taliyah+Hourglass just fucking nuts out. And now she's massively understated and overcosted for what she actually does.

2) Pre-nerfed because some later Shurima cards will include landmarks that maybe make her make sense in some way. Which you'd think they'd release with her. But from what I remember from Swim's chat with a dev they've said they didn't design Shurima planning to split it into multiple releases. So maybe this is an unfortunate consequence of that.

But even with #2 I can't imagine anything justifying how she doesn't feel like she really does anything interesting.

• Options
    Saw this taric garen deck on reddit and gave it a whirl. It's a spicy meatball

CECAMAIAAEEQWDA5GMBQIAABAIDQEAYJEM5ACAYABYBACAIAE4AQEAAHAA

I gave this a go and WOW, is it funny when you hit Taric with Golden Aegis on the opponent's turn.

So many games I surprise lethal people with it. I think rally in general is insanely powerful in general. Golden aegis is crazy strong because it gives you a blocker with shield and then if they don't attack you can just bash their face for free.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Taliyah feels like one of 2 things to me:

1) Overnerfed during development because occasionally Taliyah+Hourglass just fucking nuts out. And now she's massively understated and overcosted for what she actually does.

2) Pre-nerfed because some later Shurima cards will include landmarks that maybe make her make sense in some way. Which you'd think they'd release with her. But from what I remember from Swim's chat with a dev they've said they didn't design Shurima planning to split it into multiple releases. So maybe this is an unfortunate consequence of that.

But even with #2 I can't imagine anything justifying how she doesn't feel like she really does anything interesting.

Maybe her labs deck needs a non ass landmark that's not countdown/temporary because it's very difficult to continually trigger her attack ability on level up. Maybe she should have had an Azir like ability. Taliyah is not good enough to carry your deck to victory but if you're basing a deck around landmarks then you also don't have a ton of room for units. Even if those landmarks eventually become units, you also need a body to hold down the fort until that happens so you don't get out tempo'd and die. Landmarks like roiling sands are bad for an unleveled Taliyah since who the fuck is she going to challenge and kill? I suppose you can have her preferentially remove weak units so she doesn't get blocked and murdered by the big ones but that's...bad unless you're Fiora. If she did something like summon ephemerals based on the number of landmarks you have, or something like that, maybe you'd have a decent strategy and she could be aggro. "When I attack, if you have a landmark, summon an attacking sand warrior." and after level "When I attack, if you have a landmark, fill the remaining attack slots with sand warriors." But then maybe we're just making bad Hecarim?

Giving her Overwhelm would be pretty interesting in conjunction with the current leveled ability.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    when they said "we're buffing jarvan because he's the least-used new champion" it was like wow, you fools trying to make taliyah work really played yourself

liEt3nH.png