As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I used a couple of tickets because I could actually use a good magic tank. 2nd dropped rainbow and upgraded NV for Yoshi #2. I guess that's more bonus for the event.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Currently rank 89 after my first go at Asura, sure I can do better just have to figure out how.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    9.5 billion on Diabolos... this is infuriating, and I have never been angrier lacking a moogle charm then I have right now.

Thankfully the Moogle Charm is obtainable in the FFXV chronicle battle, which we should be getting within the next month or so.

Oh I could cry, 9,984,900,901. I had somehow unequipped Faris sword on the earlier ones. So damn close.

You uh.. mind sharing your units for this one? Haven't been able to find any good Diabolos strats yet.

Current setup is:
    Relm for passive provoke evade, dualcast baraeoraga and barblizzaga, LB fill, chain score, rod imperil, and LB for amplify
    Raina for chain score, 10000 needles, and tag chain on kill turn
    Solina for chain score, Bushiso Freedom, Demon Killer buff, and LB on kill
    Terra for chain score, LB field, and LB on kill
    Faris for chain score, breaks, fire imperil, and LB on kill
    Lasswell for chain score, LB on kill

All units in all forms have at least 20% ice and wind resist

Battle Plan: (Note, start Faris in BS)
    Turn 1:
    Relm dual bar spells, Raina AMoE chain, Solina CWA, Terra Rallying Cry, BS Faris AMoE, Lasswell AMoE

Turn 2: Relm dual CWA, Raina AMoE, Solina CWA, Terra CWA, BS Faris AMoE, Lasswell AMoE

Turn 3: Relm LB fill and AMoE, Raina AMoE, Solina CWA, Terra CWA, BS Faris LB for breaks and fire imperil, Lasswell AMoE

Turn 4: Raina 10000 needles, Solina Bushido Freedom party to remove imperils, Terra LB for LB field, BS Faris use BS buffs, Lasswell use craftsman book to imbue fire, Relm dual bar spells

Turn 5: Relm Rod imperil, Raina BS unlock quad cast, Solina BS buff mag, earth amplify, and demon killer buff, Terra BS amp fire and buff/fill LB, Faris shift to base and Aero Cannon for wind imperil, Lasswell BS buff LB damage and mag

Turn 6 (Kill): Relm LB to amp fire solo, BS Raina quad fire tag chain, BS Solina Earth LB, BS Terra LB, Faris LB, BS Lasswell LB

Send Relm solo and wait to finish. Then for kill Send Terra first, wait a second or two, then send Solina, then send Faris about a heartbeat after, then send Raina immediately after to chain, wait on chain build then send Lasswell.

Hope this helps :)

Ah. So yeah, basically all the damage off a bunch of finishers, of which I have exactly one (Fina&Sol). Not even gonna try, then.

Steam ID: Right here.
    I just went with the first turn kill with NV Terra and Ibara. I'm not going to bother with trying to max points this go around. I got the kill and enough points to collect all of the rewards. Done!

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Dropped to 99 overnight but improved score again so up to 87 now. Really going to take some thinking to figure out what else I can do to improve Asura score.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Thanks @Blackhawk1313 that Diabolos strat worked perfectly. Except the first time when I did LB with Faris to break and then used Raina's dispelling arrow chain to remove it and didn't notice.

In case you're curious, you do about 4 billion without any SPR breaks.

Thanks @Blackhawk1313 that Diabolos strat worked perfectly. Except the first time when I did LB with Faris to break and then used Raina's dispelling arrow chain to remove it and didn't notice.

In case you're curious, you do about 4 billion without any SPR breaks.

Let me know if you come up with anything good for Asura, best for me so far is 2.5 billion.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Threw a YOLO 11-pull in the Melia banner as I don't have Faisy. I ended up getting Rain&Fina, who I didn't have. I had enough fragments to EX+1 immediately. They'll actually be a pretty big help against Diabolos when I actually sit down to do the rest of DV

Edit: Also got another Esther, so I now have three of her STMR. It's a really good STMR and knowing she's not getting an NVA anytime soon frees me up to just keep collecting them.

Cruor on
    edited April 2021
    The New-Vision (all rainbow) step-up is back again. It's a trap. I know the next anticipated events are FMA, FF IX, FF XV, and King Behemy. One of those has to be coming this week..

Tiphares on
    I'd guess FFXV this week, then FFIX, then King Behemy. They are gonna make me wait for my best boy.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I did toss one summon on the banner because hey, 500 lapis for 2 summons is daily summon rates, but guaranteed rainbows. Got the fifth copy of Ifrit Rain I needed to NVA him, so could have been worse.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    edited April 2021
    Pretty sure this week is story event with NV Melo from season 3. Some remnants of his story event gear was in the crafting menu at the beginning of the week.

Then a UoC ticket on the 15th so I'm betting MK with NorrisNoctis then. We'll see if Gumi does double NV banners now with the 3% NV rate. If not, I imagine Ardyn will be the following week, and if they do keep the double then probably Lunafreya.

Then the last week is Behemy with the 2nd UoC ticket.

Edit: CG Chuck Norris when Gumi

Lorek on
    Pretty sure this week is story event with NV Melo from season 3. Some remnants of his story event gear was in the crafting menu at the beginning of the week.

Then a UoC ticket on the 15th so I'm betting MK with Norris then. We'll see if Gumi does double NV banners now with the 3% NV rate. If not, I imagine Ardyn will be the following week, and if they do keep the double then probably Lunafreya.

Then the last week is Behemy with the 2nd UoC ticket.

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. I had forgotten about Melo. I have enough Ignacio to make him an EX+1 immediately so that's nice. He's still got some nice fire support stuff and gets added 15% fire amp and 25% axe imperil. It's too bad nobody really uses axes. He is a pretty decent finisher at least so he can take advantage of his own axe imperil. Kinda sad that he doesn't get a 130% fire imperil.

The NV off-banner rate is bad enough. Imagine the riots on reddit if we get a double NV banner on top of that?

Also, are people just not doing DV anymore? I think this is the best I've been ranked (~1100) except for the 1 time I tied for rank 1 with thousands of other players. I really didn't even try for max damage on Asura or Diabolos. I did the turn 1 NV Terra and Ibarra team kill.

I haven't done the final stages of DV yet. I assume a lot of people just are lazy like me or don't care anymore now that it's impossible to cap. It's a lot of effort for relatively low rewards.

Yeah, I haven't done Asura yet. I have a team comp I want to try-hard with, but I'm finding with all these weapon imperils that I'm having to re-build all my units in the builder and it takes forever to calc now. I'm hoping I can knock out an attempt this afternoon.

I need to do DV and I need to figure out a 5-man clear of Ymir. Ymir can wait if I can't figure it out with my units - the rewards are just ok. The fist is nice but without a Fist Imperil or any prominent fist using mages it will always be inferior to rods/guns.

Speaking of guns, pretty happy that Erinys trial is coming so I can finally use Physalis in some content. I'll use her and also OGLightning for her Gun Imperil and I'll make her the evade provoker and throw some support materia on her.

Yeah, I haven't done Asura yet. I have a team comp I want to try-hard with, but I'm finding with all these weapon imperils that I'm having to re-build all my units in the builder and it takes forever to calc now. I'm hoping I can knock out an attempt this afternoon.

What comp you trying if you don’t mind me asking @Lorek

I'm doing this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ_J5kBhmr8

Except I'm trying to swap out Xon for Akstar&Cleome and seeing how it goes. I have to swap Reagan and Bartz to doing chains instead of LBs because without Xon I can't chain Xon+Raegan to build the chain modifier. I'm hoping Akstar&Cleome make up the damage lost there though.

I'm doing this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ_J5kBhmr8

Except I'm trying to swap out Xon for Akstar&Cleome and seeing how it goes. I have to swap Reagan and Bartz to doing chains instead of LBs because without Xon I can't chain Xon+Raegan to build the chain modifier. I'm hoping Akstar&Cleome make up the damage lost there though.

I thought about this but how are you handling the provoke setup for dispel and death immunity?

Bartz starts in BS form and is built for 100% dodge/evade/death immunity and stays in BS form until the last turn when he shifts back to normal to do 3x Soaring Blade (AMOE).
    If I recall, you don't have Moogle Charm, right? That might make that... harder to do.

Turns out it doesn't really work anyway; you lose too much from Vinera/Raegan/Bartz not being able to do the same setup. Still, did just over 2 billion damage and enough to solidly place me into the 101-500.

Bartz starts in BS form and is built for 100% dodge/evade/death immunity and stays in BS form until the last turn when he shifts back to normal to do 3x Soaring Blade (AMOE).
    If I recall, you don't have Moogle Charm, right? That might make that... harder to do.

Actually not, just put it together, Durandal, Skull Plate+, K Producers Jacket, So Cute, and EVA Junction gives perfect provoke. Safety bit for null death and easy slots left for perfect evade. Mind laying out the turns you are planning and how you are miraging?

Was basically the same as the video except:
    I had Faris' BS form loaded with +Esper gauge stuff, so Akstar&Cleome could Fenrir for the first two turns. That gives you the two turns of dodge. Turn 3, shift and do their buffs, turn 4 LB, turn 5 Agitato.
    Vinera does nothing on turn 1 (or triple chain to make some LB crystals if you want). Turn 2 wind wake chains, Turn 3 shift and do her 3 cooldowns (that gives you the dodge for turns 3/4). Turn 4 shift back and magnus to break/dispel, then LB on 5.

Unfortunately, I realized that also means Vinera loses her big LB buff which is where I suspect most of my damage went and made it suboptimal.

I had Faris' BS form loaded with +Esper gauge stuff, so Akstar&Cleome could Fenrir for the first two turns. That gives you the two turns of dodge. Turn 3, shift and do their buffs, turn 4 LB, turn 5 Agitato.
    Vinera does nothing on turn 1 (or triple chain to make some LB crystals if you want). Turn 2 wind wake chains, Turn 3 shift and do her 3 cooldowns (that gives you the dodge for turns 3/4). Turn 4 shift back and magnus to break/dispel, then LB on 5.

Unfortunately, I realized that also means Vinera loses her big LB buff which is where I suspect most of my damage went and made it suboptimal.

Yeah you basically can’t get her best LB and her 90 break together.

I have the seeds of an idea in my head. I’ll let you know how it goes.

You can swap her turn 3 and turn 4 actions around if you can squeeze 10000 Needles onto Bartz since he has a free turn there.

But then you're missing a perfect dispel and the buffs+mitigation on Asura will hurt you more.

You can swap her turn 3 and turn 4 actions around if you can squeeze 10000 Needles onto Bartz since he has a free turn there.

But then you're missing a perfect dispel and the buffs+mitigation on Asura will hurt you more.

Yeah the perfect dispel is kinda a requirement to do turn 5.

So, I went on a spending spree last night. I did all 4 laps of the Neo step-up and only got Raina #2. I used all of my tickets on the Easter banner and got NV Gabranth #3. I did 2 steps on the Easter step-up and got NV OK #2. I had 20 NV tickets which gave me Melia #1 and Shoreline Faisy #1. I bought 20 Melia shards to get her EX+1 and put her in the friends list.

I honestly think I'm done at this point. I have no desire to look at or learn the kits of my new units or do any trials. I'll still log in for the daily rewards, but I'm on auto-pilot at this point until maybe the anniversary.

Let me know if you'd like me to setup any units in tabs 3-5 for trials.

Figured out my timings, going to try my grand experiment today @Lorek ill let you know the result.

I’m truly baffled, my turn three kill remains my highest damage one, and my turn 5 one is stuck at around 1.8 billion which I can’t fathom why as she is fully broken and imperilled and everyone is buffed to hell and back and yet despite better gear than what I’ve watched on videos it’s been abysmal, I know the chain is hitting right too. It just straight up feels like she got buffed this last week. So very frustrating.

Gonna run things back through equip again, I have to be missing something, the good news at least is I have a consistent strat for the provoke and damage mit so I don’t have to worry about figuring that out anymore.

One thing I've noticed is you bring her below 60% HP, she'll stat break the party. If you're doing too much damage to her pre-kill, may have to re-work the order of attacks before breaking/imbueing and such. Or re-direct attacks onto the dodge tank when you don't need a secondary effect like an imperil.

Just blasted through DV, at rank like 1400 right now. That's good enough for me!

One thing I've noticed is you bring her below 60% HP, she'll stat break the party. If you're doing too much damage to her pre-kill, may have to re-work the order of attacks before breaking/imbueing and such. Or re-direct attacks onto the dodge tank when you don't need a secondary effect like an imperil.

Yeah, I had encountered that before and adjusted. Looking at data now, I think it’s just a gear optimization issue, I neglected things like my chain materia and I’m noticing just how much a difference it makes. Hopeful on a really good attempt here in just a bit.

2.7 billion new best, now it’s a game of variance.

I tried a few things but I'm still like 50ish away from under 100; doubt even variance will earn me that many spots. So close but still in the 101-500. Oh well, good enough.

I tried a few things but I'm still like 50ish away from under 100; doubt even variance will earn me that many spots. So close but still in the 101-500. Oh well, good enough.

Yeah, sitting at 153 now after a 2.9 one.

edited April 2021
    Could someone set up an NV Physalis for the Erinys trial tomorrow? Preferably dual guns and maxed out demon killer. She needs status immunity as well. Gonna be using Lightning's Gun Imperil as opposed to equipping with rods and using Relm.

I am pretty pleased with my NV Physalis. She's only EX+1 but almost has 5k MAG in the shift form (and just shy of 4.5k in base form).

Cruor on
    Cruor wrote: »
    Could someone set up an NV Physalis for the Erinys trial tomorrow? Preferably dual guns and maxed out fairy killer. She needs status immunity as well. Gonna be using Lightning's Gun Imperil as opposed to equipping with rods and using Relm.
    I wish I could, but I've never pulled NV Physalis.