As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Also found out that of COURSE the Lego kit I was trying to find was a GWP style thing back when the whole Lego Super Mario stuff started, so no way I'm gonna complete this line.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Got a VIP account set up. I just ordered the Probe Droid with the justification of "well my girlfriend is going to love the free bonus Easter kit so she can't judge me"

oh god this is how it starts doesn't it

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Athenor wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Hey, head's up!

Today I popped into Best Buy, and found that a few of the Lego Super Mario kits from wave 1 are on discount -- some of them pretty steep. Like a couple kits I had no interest in getting at $30 were in the $12-15 range, and I got the propeller outfit for $5. So check out your local stores or Best Buy if you are interested!

Sadly, the most heavily discounted item is apparently sold out in all of Illinois. The Toad houses (with Toadette) was like $25 or something insane like that. I don't even think the online store shows that level of discount!

Did you see any of the blind bags? I'm so trying to find a Bullet Bill for my wife and really trying to not spend $30ish for one. Wish I bought more bags before they stopped selling them.

No, but I have like 3-4 Bullet Bills because I have no luck. Shoot me a PM with your shipping info.

Seriously? Which one were you hunting for?

Edit:Also forgot to say serious thank you for this. You have no idea how awesome you are.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hey, head's up!

Today I popped into Best Buy, and found that a few of the Lego Super Mario kits from wave 1 are on discount -- some of them pretty steep. Like a couple kits I had no interest in getting at $30 were in the $12-15 range, and I got the propeller outfit for $5. So check out your local stores or Best Buy if you are interested!

Sadly, the most heavily discounted item is apparently sold out in all of Illinois. The Toad houses (with Toadette) was like $25 or something insane like that. I don't even think the online store shows that level of discount!

Did you see any of the blind bags? I'm so trying to find a Bullet Bill for my wife and really trying to not spend $30ish for one. Wish I bought more bags before they stopped selling them.

No, but I have like 3-4 Bullet Bills because I have no luck. Shoot me a PM with your shipping info.

Nothing in particular. :) And yes I'm serious. I seem to be a bit of a fixer these days for hooking people up.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Hey, head's up!

Nothing in particular. :) And yes I'm serious. I seem to be a bit of a fixer these days for hooking people up.

Sent ya a PM. Mahalo plenty!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Got a VIP account set up. I just ordered the Probe Droid with the justification of "well my girlfriend is going to love the free bonus Easter kit so she can't judge me"

oh god this is how it starts doesn't it

One of us.
    One of us.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W99n083E0IA

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I still haven’t pulled the trigger in Barracuda Bay or Jurassic Park, but I saw for some reason Amazon had overnight shipping free on the Sesame Street House and I’d had a few beers so I pulled the trigger and told myself to put it away until my son is old enough to know who the characters are and build it then.

So anyways it showed up this morning and I’m on bag 2 and I mean he’s 1 month old, I can take it apart and put it back in the box and he’ll never remember this. Good as new!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I still haven’t pulled the trigger in Barracuda Bay or Jurassic Park, but I saw for some reason Amazon had overnight shipping free on the Sesame Street House and I’d had a few beers so I pulled the trigger and told myself to put it away until my son is old enough to know who the characters are and build it then.

So anyways it showed up this morning and I’m on bag 2 and I mean he’s 1 month old, I can take it apart and put it back in the box and he’ll never remember this. Good as new!

I bought that set for my three year old thinking we could assemble it together.

Uh, tried one bag put it all back in the box and we will try again in a few years.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Birthday = successful. Mine is now officially a Lego household, rejoice!
    2aab6se5k157.png

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Birthday = successful. Mine is now officially a Lego household, rejoice!
    2aab6se5k157.png

I feel bad posting that clip twice on the same page, so if you could just scroll up a bit...?

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Seems that the VIP Probe is delayed.

Bots slowing the site down, but I think I got a Discovery ordered with a free bunny house and rocket ride.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Woof that was rough but I think i got one.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Just got my order in on the Shuttle/Hubble. Can't waiiiiiit!

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Still in stock hours later which is a great sign. Snagged it myself.

No evidence of that VIP probe thing.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Shuttle Ordered!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    So happy everyone is getting one. I think I'm gonna wait a bit due to large purchases and still working on cleaning.

That said, I hope the probe shows up soon.,.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yea im holding off on the shuttle. $200 has more important places to go right now. I'll probably get the vip probe when it comes available just to pick it up.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    The Pooh set came back in stock, so I snagged an order for that. The wife will be happy.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i bought my shuttle

i'm very excited, discovery is my favorite shuttle by far so i look forward to putting it with my other nasa legos quite a bit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    So happy everyone is getting one. I think I'm gonna wait a bit due to large purchases and still working on cleaning.

That said, I hope the probe shows up soon.,.

That's exactly what I told the aliens when they kidnapped me last week. Uncanny.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I may have made the mistake of looking at a bunch of micro star wars ships on various 3rd party sites after watching the video of ILM making a practical razor crest model. I know I'll probably never carry through on buying the pieces to make any of these, but I just want cool desk toys, is that really so much to ask?

Also, why is it that 90% of lego sets are useless for making micro scale ships/robots/things?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Finished modding my Lego Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 set. This one was a lot faster to customize compared to my taxi cab MOC since I already got most of the little tricks and quirks of using jumper plates and such down from past experience.

I was never quite satisfied with how the original instructions design couldn't fit all four 'Busters sitting side by side in a normal 2x2 formation. Managed to pull it off and include all four opening doors, an opening hood with engine detailing, and an opening back hatch door with extra space for their busting gear.

Very happy with the end results!

• Options
    That is insanely awesome! Makes me want build mine and see what I have to mod it like yours.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    That is insanely awesome! Makes me want build mine and see what I have to mod it like yours.

Thanks! It took a bit of experimenting and trial and error, plus hoping that the parts I bought off BrickLink would be enough to see me through to the end, and luckily it was. Getting the rear hatch door to open and close from the side while making it fit the limited space back there on top of having a slightly angled window, was particularly tricky but I'm happy how it turned out.

With custom mods like this one, I don't work off anyone else's instructions but I do have a vaguely general idea of what pieces I'll need before I begin but you never know until I actually get in there and start taking the model apart and putting things back together. Sometimes it's frustrating when things don't work out as originally planned but other times it's immensely satisfying when everything falls into place.

I can see why Lego decided against giving the Ecto-1 opening doors since it comprises the strength of the whole build and the designers at Lego do want to retain durability. While my mods do make the model more fragile, I think they increase the playability if not accuracy. Mostly, it was fun to build and experiment.

• Options
    Raiju wrote: »

Thanks! It took a bit of experimenting and trial and error, plus hoping that the parts I bought off BrickLink would be enough to see me through to the end, and luckily it was. Getting the rear hatch door to open and close from the side while making it fit the limited space back there on top of having a slightly angled window, was particularly tricky but I'm happy how it turned out.

With custom mods like this one, I don't work off anyone else's instructions but I do have a vaguely general idea of what pieces I'll need before I begin but you never know until I actually get in there and start taking the model apart and putting things back together. Sometimes it's frustrating when things don't work out as originally planned but other times it's immensely satisfying when everything falls into place.

I can see why Lego decided against giving the Ecto-1 opening doors since it comprises the strength of the whole build and the designers at Lego do want to retain durability. While my mods do make the model more fragile, I think they increase the playability if not accuracy. Mostly, it was fun to build and experiment.

Yeah, modding things yourself is always much better than following instructions from the internet. I agree it looks like a whole lot more fun to play with now that you can fit them all in there. Although, I thought I read that the Back to the Future Delorean was really fragile.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Yeah, modding things yourself is always much better than following instructions from the internet. I agree it looks like a whole lot more fun to play with now that you can fit them all in there. Although, I thought I read that the Back to the Future Delorean was really fragile.

Sometimes following Internet instructions have their benefit with savings to time and effort. The TIE Interceptor was one such case.

I'm still adding some little touches to the Ecto-1 like improving the dashboard and driver's section with a brick built steering wheel. I'm also wondering if I can even add more hollow space to the rear hatch area to fit even more of busting gear back there.

Speaking of the BTTF DeLorean, I do want to try my hand at building Hachiroku24's version of it as I really dig the shaping and lines of it. I do own the official Lego Ideas set but plan to repurpose all of the parts to follow Hachiroku24's instructions:

https://youtu.be/PrPmiQ2PcD4

Should be my next MOC project.

• Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Problem I've never dealt with: missing pieces in a set/bag. On bag 3 of the Death Star Final Duel set, there are seven or eight pieces missing from the first few steps. I remember seeing people say Lego is good about replacing parts, what's the best way of getting ahold of them and ordering replacement pieces? A streak I was hoping wouldn't end....

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Lou29 wrote: »
    Problem I've never dealt with: missing pieces in a set/bag. On bag 3 of the Death Star Final Duel set, there are seven or eight pieces missing from the first few steps. I remember seeing people say Lego is good about replacing parts, what's the best way of getting ahold of them and ordering replacement pieces? A streak I was hoping wouldn't end....
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/

A very straightforward and painless process.

• Options

Sometimes following Internet instructions have their benefit with savings to time and effort. The TIE Interceptor was one such case.

I'm still adding some little touches to the Ecto-1 like improving the dashboard and driver's section with a brick built steering wheel. I'm also wondering if I can even add more hollow space to the rear hatch area to fit even more of busting gear back there.

Speaking of the BTTF DeLorean, I do want to try my hand at building Hachiroku24's version of it as I really dig the shaping and lines of it. I do own the official Lego Ideas set but plan to repurpose all of the parts to follow Hachiroku24's instructions:

I came across that person's videos recently, and I'm kinda in love with them. I love the little dioramas they make, and I'm blown away by the use of SNOT techniques.

• Options
    For example, I really love the recent build of the tiny scifi police dropship:
    https://youtu.be/KFiTEDW0R8Y

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

I came across that person's videos recently, and I'm kinda in love with them. I love the little dioramas they make, and I'm blown away by the use of SNOT techniques.

Yeah, Hachiroku24's MOCs are great. I used his TIE Interceptor instructions to great effect using the 2021 version of the standard retail TIE Fighter as a base, and just expanded it from there. I follow Hachiroku24's channel pretty closely and I'm blown away by his creativity. His Mad Max Fury Road builds are awesome.

• Options
    I feel like the kid in the Lego Movie when he puts two pieces together to form a "weapon". I need more creativity.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

Yeah, Hachiroku24's MOCs are great. I used his TIE Interceptor instructions to great effect using the 2021 version of the standard retail TIE Fighter as a base, and just expanded it from there. I follow Hachiroku24's channel pretty closely and I'm blown away by his creativity. His Mad Max Fury Road builds are awesome.

I want that command module MOC that goes along with the Lunar Lander set.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I may have gone a little LEGO crazy. In the past 72 hours I’ve spent a lot on new kits. My most shameful/awesome purchase being the rocket assembly and launch transport. I justified the purchase to my wife by pointing out there were only 8 left on Amazon. It’s supposed to be a Christmas gift for my son... I think my wife is going to have to hide it from me.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Lego is making a 60s Batman series Batmobile set

hg3nafhqhpf8atgpx8og.jpg

They did another version as a convention exclusive but this should hopefully be a lot more accessible once it's out on the 26th.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Lego is making a 60s Batman series Batmobile set

hg3nafhqhpf8atgpx8og.jpg

They did another version as a convention exclusive but this should hopefully be a lot more accessible once it's out on the 26th.

Needs Robin, but I like that Joker has the mustache.

• Options
    Okay. After this week I caved and on my way back home bought the space shuttle.

My lego backlog is half my gunpla backlog...

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I can't imagine having a Lego backlog. I can't imagine having a Lego set sitting in my house unopened for even one day.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I can't imagine having a Lego backlog. I can't imagine having a Lego set sitting in my house unopened for even one day.

My LEGO backlog is basically due to a lack of display space. That's a major thing at this point. Doesn't prevent me from buying more sets of course.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
This discussion has been closed.