As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzy6ORqE9IY

Spiral with Samuel L Jackson playing Samuel L Jackson and producer Chris Rock playing Samuel L Jackson's son.

Nothing can stop me from watching this.

are they finally going to reveal that the Jigsaw killer was Naruto all along?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    As a none saw fan that trailer does nothing for me, also it seems full of cliches and saw references tacked on top.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    As a none saw fan that trailer does nothing for me, also it seems full of cliches and saw references tacked on top.

Just judging by trailers it sure seems like every Saw ends up back in the basement from the first movie

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular

That plus narrative as well as anatomical twists is all Saw is and ever can be.

Absalon wrote: »

That plus narrative as well as anatomical twists is all Saw is and ever can be.

Yeah I've never seen them so I couldn't comment if that was true to the franchise or not. Just was commenting on the trailer which was like cop movie serial killer movie cliches. But if that's what saw fans like I can see why they stick with the formula. The girl you brought to the dance I guess.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    That looks terrible, and is almost surely going to get called out for a bunch of problematic elements.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUGs4wSMdw

This looks good? Oh god it shouldn't

This seemingly still stands
    Statham's imdb.com profile, collectively, is a promise to you, the weary filmgoer. It's a promise that says, "I promise that you will not FOR ONE SECOND be bored during one of my movies. You won't learn shit about the human condition, or feel a collective connection with the brotherhood of man. But if you give me $10, I will fuck an explosion while a Slayer song plays".

Have you seen The Mechanic?

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    That looks terrible, and is almost surely going to get called out for a bunch of problematic elements.

This seemingly still stands
    Statham's imdb.com profile, collectively, is a promise to you, the weary filmgoer. It's a promise that says, "I promise that you will not FOR ONE SECOND be bored during one of my movies. You won't learn shit about the human condition, or feel a collective connection with the brotherhood of man. But if you give me $10, I will fuck an explosion while a Slayer song plays".

Have you seen The Mechanic?

The first Mechanic is....fine. I've seen the original, I don't really have much of a fondness for either to be honest. The 2nd Mechanic film is absolute garbage.

Also, I'll add myself to the list of people who watched and enjoyed the Guy Ritchie King Arthur film (I'm aware it's not a great film).

I also really enjoyed Ritchie's Holmes films as well; I'm hoping a 3rd gets made.

PSN Fleety2009
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

Ehh... this one looks like it's going to be Law Abiding Citizen revenge style with a dash of Taken style. There also seems to be a little bit of Death Wish style and Eye for an Eye style but it doesn't look like they really apply here.

Quick breakdown.

Eye for an Eye is a protagonist who wants revenge but is either unable/too weak/too unknowledgeable to get revenge on their own, but it still manages to basically fall into their lap.

Death Wish is a protagonist who wants revenge but also has nothing to live for because of the event that caused them to want revenge, achieving it by throwing themselves into danger and surviving on luck alone. (Death Wish I only, II-V are farces but that's ok)

Law Abiding Citizen is a protagonist who wants revenge, is script written as Eye for an Eye-level able, but through the magic of a time skip somehow becomes Seal Team 6-level able, and revenge is achieved through an unbelievably convoluted and completely Michael Bay-esque scenario.

Taken is a protagonist who wants revenge, is script written as Seal Team 6 able, and pursues and achieves revenge thusly with one dramatic capture/escape scene thrown in for effect.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    From the trailer it looks to me like Statham is some kind of gangster who's son got iced and now he's out to kill everyone involved.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Another Final trailer for Black Widow but honest this time it's the last one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp9pNPdNwjI

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    old lady needs to brush up on the rules

Section IV—Strike the Ball

A player shall not kick the ball or strike it with the fist.
    Kicking the ball or striking it with any part of the leg is a violation when it is an intentional act. The ball accidentally striking the foot, the leg or fist is not a violation.
    A player may not use any part of his leg to intentionally move or secure the ball.
    PENALTY:
    If the violation is by the offense, the ball is awarded to the opposing team on the sideline nearest the spot of the violation but no nearer to the baseline than the free throw line extended.
    If the violation is by the defense while the ball is in play, the offensive team retains possession of the ball on the sideline nearest the spot of the violation but no nearer the baseline than the foul line extended.
    If the violation occurs during a throw-in, the opposing team retains possession at the spot of the original throw-in with all privileges, if any,

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Space Jam 2 looks like shit. Like, I wasn't expecting anything to begin with but that trailer elbow dropped all the way to a trench in bad. From being unable to keep Lebron's ego in check with that house, to the shitty 2d animation, and the failed epic version attempt of the Space Jam theme, nothing clicked.

Psst, Lebron, Jordan will always be better. Even in animated basketball movies.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

I honestly thought Black Widow had already been released.

Like, early last year ?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Space Jam 2 looks like it's trying to do that Ready Player One "Look at all these awesome characters we have from everything you know" thing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Space Jam 2 looks like it's crossing with Tron.

And... OMG I'd be all over that.

I'll give it a shot.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Space Jam 2 looks like it's trying to do that Ready Player One "Look at all these awesome characters we have from everything you know" thing.

They're both WB, so they're just copying themselves.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

I honestly thought Black Widow had already been released.

Like, early last year ?

It was supposed to last May but, you know.. pandemic and all.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

They're both WB, so they're just copying themselves.

So inside the WB matrix there's the RPO world where everything from the WB matrix also exists.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    why does lebron have a server farm in his basement though, is he mining coins?
    and the mining created a sentient don cheadle coin?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    why does lebron have a server farm in his basement though, is he mining coins?
    and the mining created a sentient don cheadle coin?

don't be silly,,, he's an NFT

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    So am I crazy or did the Space Jam website, which was one of the oldest websites still active online at one point, grow sentience and that's the plot of this movie?

Like it seems like James vs the WB server farm: The Movie.

Also if Lebron was putting together a super team why would his first two pics be Gandalf and The Iron Giant? WB stop trying to bring back the fucking Iron Giant. We get it.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I like how the beginning of the BW trailer is essentially
    "Yeah, we should have made this movie awhile ago"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ7wbwkzNS0

Trailer for a new batman animated movie with Jensen Ackles voicing Batman.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ7wbwkzNS0

Trailer for a new batman animated movie with Jensen Ackles voicing Batman.

Batman: Where's Holiday?
    Doc: I'm your Huckleberry...

Long Halloween is only good in the beginning and with Tim Sale’s art, without the art you’re left with a story that has a shitty ending that made no sense that only gets outdone by the real mastermind in the Hush story. But that’s the name of the game for all of Jeph Loebs stories.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    They managed to fuck up Hush in animated form by changing the ending, so maybe they will fluke into a good ending for the Long Halloween.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, there's a new Ghostbusters movie coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43CTgfwoa3Y

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    gotta get in on that baby yoda money

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Rudd actually showing his age there for a moment.

• SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Someone spilled Gremlins all over this Ghostbusters.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
    It's a Sony movie, gotta have that blatant product placement with the Baskin Robbins and Hershey's and probably Wal-Mart unless they had to make a knock off store.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

0cYo4zu.jpg?1

80s Rudd.

nibXTE7.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

0cYo4zu.jpg?1

80s Rudd.

It's no Tayne.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Oh yeah, there's a new Ghostbusters movie coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43CTgfwoa3Y

Literally the purpose of slimer though....

steam_sig.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'm ready for another Ghostbusters trailer, or for them to just go ahead and release the movie.

are YOU on the beer list?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFRZt2NbonI

We're remaking Howie Long movies now I guess?

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I remember Firestorm! He threw an axe at the camera!

Taylor Sheridan is writing/directing it, so it should be good. Should be, but there is Sickcardio 2 out there that messes with his batting average.

Kinda feels like Mayor Carcetti is doing this movie as a govt agent again just so he can be in more memes.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Someone spilled Gremlins all over this Ghostbusters.

The scene seems to be missing shots, and in the trailer it looks like a terror dog is attacking Rudd. I have a feeling the demon stalking Rudd during this scene is what animates these Pufts.

Can't wait to see more!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
This discussion has been closed.