As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knockout [Chat]

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    The Easter Bunny brought me a Sega years ago

I was a lucky kid and super stoked, they have me on video throwing a rod

We always did holidays at my aunt's house and leaving my new toys was a bummer, but one year I got Diablo for the PS1 for Christmas and dad packed up the Playstation and I was playing in my aunt's den and it's a super cozy memory, with the music and STAY AWHILE AND LISTEN and not knowing at all how Diablo games worked so those Rags of the Eagle were super special

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I remember when I used to wake up on Easter and very Jewishly break the ears off hollow chocolate bunnies and then drink chocolate milk out of their pathetic little corpses

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I made so many Yorkshire puddings and yet it wasn't enough. Not even close

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I don't know how many custom monogramed bibles I've been given over the years.

So many bibles.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

We always did holidays at my aunt's house and leaving my new toys was a bummer, but one year I got Diablo for the PS1 for Christmas and dad packed up the Playstation and I was playing in my aunt's den and it's a super cozy memory, with the music and STAY AWHILE AND LISTEN and not knowing at all how Diablo games worked so those Rags of the Eagle were super special

I think you'll need to explain "throwing a rod" because I'd guess either shitting or wanking.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I think you'll need to explain "throwing a rod" because I'd guess either shitting or wanking.

Like on an engine, a complete childhood hyper blowout, like when I opened my NES all star box as a child that had the power pad and zapper and mario bros/duck hunt/track and field.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Is this family watching a framed poster together?

I found some ROUGH edits of pawn stars (like "five times people lost their shit") and man even though the owners are never in the actual vegas shop and even though they fly people in to show off cool stuff there's still just mountains of tape from people hard up for cash in Vegas trying to stay in the game.

It's just such a hard cut from "Uh Oh Chumlee is back there with the ming vases again I hope he doesn't break one!" to "I want 100K for this or you can go fuck yourself Rick! You too old man!"

Also people need to realize if you're in a pawn shop to sell something you've already lost the negotiation.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Also happy fertility day! I hope everyone inseminates/is inseminated today

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    Also happy fertility day! I hope everyone inseminates/is inseminated today

I got my pagan ritual days mixed up, I thought today was Horny Werewolf day.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    every day is horny werewolf day if you have courage

can you feel the struggle within?
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

It used to be a common failure of old engines that the connecting rod between an engine and crankshaft would break or "throw", which basically explodes and locks up your car engine

It's more of a "we let the magic smoke out" than a "blue screen of death" kind of thing

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    I got most of what I wanted to do done this weekend and the Monster Hunter Kebobs came out pretty good (the shrimp sucked but that was my fault)

Overall I'm p happy with the events.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Pistonheads has written one of its used car buying guides for Bugatti Veyron 16.4, a vehicle of which 252 exist in total

The recommended tyre replacement internal of 18 months or 2500 miles, and the requirement to replace the wheels themselves, means that the canny owner can save upwards of £35,000 by purchasing a part-worn set on eBay, which is a thing that has apparently genuinely happened

I ALWAYS forget mushrooms at the store when I'm doing skewers on the grill though and I don't know why.

I need to start growing my own mushrooms.

I ALWAYS forget mushrooms at the store when I'm doing skewers on the grill though and I don't know why.

A friend of a friend got super into growing mushrooms.

He’s person in the world who I know who’s closest to being a hobbit.

When looking at your prospective used Veyron make sure that all the extras it came with - high-speed key, tablet computer and a full set of documents and manuals - are included. There was a recall on faulty side airbags in relation to the assembly of a heat shield. The seats had to be removed to effect a repair. Finally, check the carpets for damp. Not because Veyrons are known for leaking, but because one owner drove his Veyron into a US saltwater lake

The used Veyron market is fraught with peril.

japan wrote: »
    When looking at your prospective used Veyron make sure that all the extras it came with - high-speed key, tablet computer and a full set of documents and manuals - are included. There was a recall on faulty side airbags in relation to the assembly of a heat shield. The seats had to be removed to effect a repair. Finally, check the carpets for damp. Not because Veyrons are known for leaking, but because one owner drove his Veyron into a US saltwater lake

So the used car guide actually covers the repair history of all known 252 vehicles?

Six wrote: »

It's super easy to do, like WAY easier than regular farming (on a small personal scale) it just has a completely different cost/requirements breakdown so I've put it off for now.

There's a place in GA though that will sell pre-inoculated logs that will produce for 3-5 years for about $100 though and just ship them to you. You stick them under a deck or something were they only get about 10% sunlight and boom! Mushrooms.

So the used car guide actually covers the repair history of all known 252 vehicles?

No, they're just taking the piss by doing the usual summary of common faults and issues that these guides usually have

They also point out, for example, that the buyer may wish to check if the example they are inspecting has the original aluminium grille, or the titanium grille fitted to later models, the better to cope with 250mph bird strikes

I used to enjoy watching red light videos of people turning off traction control on anything with more than 400HP and just watching them hit the gas and immediately fishtail into a traffic light 20 feet away.

Limited Slip Differentials are there for a reason everyone. They make your fast car go fast in a straight line.

You want to look like a Family Circus "which way did he go?" map, you turn off LSD and hold on tight.

No, they're just taking the piss by doing the usual summary of common faults and issues that these guides usually have

They also point out, for example, that the buyer may wish to check if the example they are inspecting has the original aluminium grille, or the titanium grille fitted to later models, the better to cope with 250mph bird strikes

Gotcha. That's funny, but man I would also love a legitimate guide for idiots for a multi million dollar car.

They currently have four Veyrons listed in their classifieds, of which two are 16.4s:
    https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10784550
    https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10702851

listed at £1.1m and £925k, if you can put up with it being left hand drive

It's super easy to do, like WAY easier than regular farming (on a small personal scale) it just has a completely different cost/requirements breakdown so I've put it off for now.

There's a place in GA though that will sell pre-inoculated logs that will produce for 3-5 years for about $100 though and just ship them to you. You stick them under a deck or something were they only get about 10% sunlight and boom! Mushrooms.

Yeah it never sounded super tricky and the ex wanted to get some of those logs.

This guys does it in buckets, I think? He brought us some mushrooms once and they were very good.

They currently have four Veyrons listed in their classifieds, of which two are 16.4s:
    https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10784550
    https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10702851

listed at £1.1m and £925k, if you can put up with it being left hand drive

The first one says it was part of a well-known collection.

I wonder if it was owned by Jon Voight.

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

I used to enjoy watching red light videos of people turning off traction control on anything with more than 400HP and just watching them hit the gas and immediately fishtail into a traffic light 20 feet away.

Limited Slip Differentials are there for a reason everyone. They make your fast car go fast in a straight line.

You want to look like a Family Circus "which way did he go?" map, you turn off LSD and hold on tight.

Traction control is a lot more than limited slip anymore.

But it seems like there is a rich kid rite of passage where you fuck up your dads Mustang / Camaro putting it in a ditch or pole or just a hard curb.

Cars today just have too much power to turn off driver aids unless you are at the track / know what you are doing.

edited April 2021

Gotcha. That's funny, but man I would also love a legitimate guide for idiots for a multi million dollar car.

It's not a totally unserious article, and they do write legitimate buying guides for exotica:
    https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-buying-guides/bugatti-veyron-164-ph-used-buying-guide/43973

The guy that writes them has a particular style, but there's definitely useful information in there, and if you were in the market for a Veyron or other hypercar in the UK, the pistonheads classifieds are one of the places you'd look. There are some extremely serious dealers that lurk in their forums.

japan on
    Also, if you were buying a veyron, ending up with the "lake" one would probably be a genuine concern, given the very small number of these vehicles and the motivation for that owner to pass it off onto some sucker rather than try to fix it

zagdrob wrote: »

Traction control is a lot more than limited slip anymore.

But it seems like there is a rich kid rite of passage where you fuck up your dads Mustang / Camaro putting it in a ditch or pole or just a hard curb.

Cars today just have too much power to turn off driver aids unless you are at the track / know what you are doing.

Oh absolutely. And the tech with the electric stuff is beyond me.

I really enjoy the Jeep Compass we bought for wife two years ago. It's got a great AWD system you can modify with a simple turn of the knob and it does a pseudo "locker" by using the brakes to make sure you don't lose traction through mud or snow.

I want to get an old tractor and turn it into an old indy slot car racer.

edited April 2021
    For the price of that Veyron you could buy 4 or 5 dozen Panigales, CBR1000RRs, or whatever equivalent Bimmer

Pardon, Beamer. Bimmer only for cars.

SummaryJudgment on
    neighbor just got a big Dewalt box delivered? It's not even in an outer cardboard box, just the black and yellow Dewalt cardboard

edited April 2021
    "CBR1000RR-R"

not sure we have enough R's in there, Soichiro

CB - arbitrary, backronym to "classic bike"
    R - race fairings
    1000 - displacement
    RR - race ready
    R - replica

SummaryJudgment on
    "CBR1000RR-R"

not sure we have enough R's in there, Sochiro

R - race fairings
    1000 - displacement
    RR - race ready
    R - replica

moar like CBR1000RR-R-you done yet?

"CBR1000RR-R"

not sure we have enough R's in there, Sochiro

R - race fairings
    1000 - displacement
    RR - race ready
    R - replica

moar like CBR1000RR-R-you done yet?

"the pirate in me wants one

CBYARRR1000YARRRRRRRRRR"

AVAST

CBRR Martin

Still waiting for that new engine.

As someone not into Game of Thrones, can I just say how much I fucking love that one of GRRM's personal assistants, while working for GRRM, came up with what is arguably one of the best sci-fi series to date and pumped out eight quality books in the time it took GRRM to write two.

This discussion has been closed.