As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did you know [VTubers] are going to take over the world? Hololive, Nijisanji, VShojo, etc!

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    No matter who wins we all win!
    Hellbore wrote: »
    I think both Aki and Mel have been the most illuminating on Holotalk so far. Learning that Mel was originally just "talent number 3" for Hololive before being folded into 1st Gen. explained the time lag between her debut and the others and why 1st Gen originally had 6 members.

Yeah. They explicitely talked about how 0th, 1st and 2nd generations were Cover finding their footing so they were making it up as they went, and is only from 3rd generation (Hololive Fantasy: Marine, Pekora, Rushia, Noel and Flare) onwards that they started to explicitely build streamer teams that were supposed to work together since the start, aka dedicating time to get the team to know each other and focusing on team chemistry before their debuts. Probably from the success of forming the subunit Hololive Gamers* (Fubuki, Mio, Okayu and Korone), even though Fubuki is 1st gen. So 1st and 2nd gen lack that team unity that the following teams have, and is hard to not be a little jelaous of that.

*That is basically a pseudo generation built around Fubuki.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Hcr1gAezg

Astel getting back into Apex by doing a RTA to see how long it takes him to get a new account to Diamond IV. Just casually getting kills before he picks up a gun and wiping entire squads.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    In which Coco gives a surprisingly frank answer to a seemingly innocuous question:

https://youtu.be/nEZ2oH1miZ4

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    a
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Hcr1gAezg

Astel getting back into Apex by doing a RTA to see how long it takes him to get a new account to Diamond IV. Just casually getting kills before he picks up a gun and wiping entire squads.

this dude's a fucking monster, holy shit
    But also smurfing sucks :(

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    In which Coco gives a surprisingly frank answer to a seemingly innocuous question:

https://youtu.be/nEZ2oH1miZ4

It's not all that frank of an answer, it's couched in a lot of hedging language that makes it hard to discern what's truth and what's speculation.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Go Team Hololive!
    Well i admit its vague, but she probably doesnt want to point fingers (be it talent or management).

But honestly, since the Anti's have gura as a target already, i wish Gura would just say 'fuck em twice' and do a colab with coco. Even if its family friendly.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That's the sort of speculation we shouldn't get into in this thread tbh.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Finding a stance to take that minimizes speculation is tough, as it's pretty clear the situation is not ideal but it's murky on what people can do to avoid messing things up further.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    unknown.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    Ollie is definitely winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HqQtPrN4o

Also, she is currently doing her best to survive in the HoloEN server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5BdYImxNU

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Go Team VShojo!
    Poor Ollie having to clean up the mess other people left.

These tunnels will be the second death of her....

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    Go Team Hololive!
    shes playing on the EN server alone? whats up with that? (I don't mind, just surprised).

BTW, im not up on minecraft details...just from watching (mostly pekora) streams, it looks possible to connect the HoloJP server to a 'resource server' isn't that a completely separate world? could they build one of those gates to connect the JP and EN servers?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Ironmouse is the patron saint of vtubers. That said, Ollie's excitement ow my fucking ears (have been blessed).

• Options
    I love this not entirely inaccurate impression Connor did of Mousey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asgf75uGieY

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    azith28 wrote: »
    shes playing on the EN server alone? whats up with that? (I don't mind, just surprised).

BTW, im not up on minecraft details...just from watching (mostly pekora) streams, it looks possible to connect the HoloJP server to a 'resource server' isn't that a completely separate world? could they build one of those gates to connect the JP and EN servers?

JP server and their resource servers are on a private server owned by Hololive the EN server is on a Realms server provided by Mojang. They would have to copy the EN server to a privately hosted one and do a bunch of stuff before they can connect it to the JP servers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Haachamachamaaaa
    as for the first question ame extended an open invite for the ID girls to build in the EN server following their tour, when haachama was camping out in the server she was also pretty much doing her own thing

also coincidentally i was watching the first minecraft EN collab where they dug the tunnel today, think i'll finish that and then watch the archive for ollie's stream

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    It is really interesting how Silvervale does family collabs now. Her brother debuted last night as a vtuber and today Silvervale, her brother, and their mom were playing Grounded.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Henroid wrote: »
    Ironmouse is the patron saint of vtubers. That said, Ollie's excitement ow my fucking ears (have been blessed).
    Ollie debut: memes of her pulling a Matsuri and joining to simp harder

Ollie now: new friendships being forged daily by HoloID’s cross-cultural ambassador

Edit: oh, thank you forever, im die now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACc7dKeJnx4

Mercutio87 on
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Announcement from marine and miko coming up soon hope that everything is alright now

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    a

https://grapee.jp/en/169910

This is a cool, if somewhat PR-centric interview with the unnamed producer in charge of HoloEN, EnMa, perhaps? or J-Chad? or probably someone else heretofore unnamed.

anyway a bit of insight into HoloEN from the production side.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Am I the only one who thought Polka was a horse?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I knew she wasn't but I named my horse in Stardew Valley after her anyway <_<

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Go Team Nijisanji!

I guess Botan is gonna be on Suda's NMH retrospective/ NMH3 stream

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa

I mean, yeah probably? A lot of us here watched her debut last year and she's been in a couple of the official channel cartoons where you get to see her full model in 3D... plus one of the cartoons is directly about her species. So... what made you think that?

• Options
    Go Team Hololive!
    So, is there a fan site out there that can help keep us up on all news worth knowing in the holoverse (or all vtubers really)? Like the Miko/Marine dojin thing...i heard a bunch about it but am still vague on the initial trigger that started it all, or earlier events that happen during JP streams that i was confused about until i got a TL context (Like the upset pekora thing). Seems like something Overseas fans would appreciate and bring a lot of traffic to so we can be informed of all the streamers goings on.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    Super Nenchi's MonHun stream was a ton of fun, she was clearly having fun figuring out her first monster hunter game

Also she's playing in ENGLISH????

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    I'm not sure what Haachama is cooking on this stream, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to eat it.

• Options
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Haachama is actually using oil to cook, which stunned me for a second there.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Haachama's cooking stream is going, and this is one of the most cursed things I've ever seen.

And it doesn't even involve tarantulas.

• Options
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Wow, I think she actually miscooked something to the point where it wasn't even safe for HER to eat. Is that a first?

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Super Nenchi's MonHun stream was a ton of fun, she was clearly having fun figuring out her first monster hunter game

Also she's playing in ENGLISH????

Of course. Nene’s English is flawless. https://youtu.be/CAq3pV8TmLY

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

I mean, yeah probably? A lot of us here watched her debut last year and she's been in a couple of the official channel cartoons where you get to see her full model in 3D... plus one of the cartoons is directly about her species. So... what made you think that?

I don't think I ever saw her intro, and I kind of bounce around a lot in watching content, but I mean her ears just look more like horse ears than Fennec ears to me. Also when I first saw some of her stuff bereft of specific intro context the whole "circus horse" idea made sense to me.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Haachamachamaaaa

I don't think I ever saw her intro, and I kind of bounce around a lot in watching content, but I mean her ears just look more like horse ears than Fennec ears to me. Also when I first saw some of her stuff bereft of specific intro context the whole "circus horse" idea made sense to me.

I gotcha. I was curious if maybe wires had gotten crossed when she depicted herself as one of the running horse girls from that Uma Musume game. But here's all you need to know...
    https://youtu.be/uhbGec_6mfQ

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    tekwiuurz9r61.png

I don't know how to feel about the fact that I definitely would have been second or third on this list.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    What do the words "Palamute" and "Palico" mean? Is this Monster Hunter shit?

• Options
    Haachamachamaaaa

Dog and cat. And yeah, obviously.

• Options
    Palamute like Malamute, and Palico like Calico.

• Options
    Go Team Hololive!
    The future of hololive (I hope).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-99U9_JXl4

• Options

Dog and cat. And yeah, obviously.
    Look I don't play video games. <_<

This discussion has been closed.