As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I can't imagine having a Lego backlog. I can't imagine having a Lego set sitting in my house unopened for even one day.

My LEGO backlog is basically due to a lack of display space. That's a major thing at this point. Doesn't prevent me from buying more sets of course.

This is pretty much why I didn't buy the shuttle. the space that displays my space sets is chock full.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I can't imagine having a Lego backlog. I can't imagine having a Lego set sitting in my house unopened for even one day.

You don't want to know the backlog in our house... It is crazy.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I’m literally breaking down some of the less substantial models to make room for the cooler ones

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My shuttle arrived. Box big.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got it built up to the bay doors and I'm going to be honest. If you struggle putting on Lego stickers or are OCD enough that you need them perfectly straight, then putting the 24 reflective stickers on the inside curve of the doors is going to be a bad time for you.

It looks cool as hell afterward though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited April 2021
    Also the front wheel assembly takes up far more space than on the real shuttle making the interior decks much more squashed down. This has the effect of making the interior hatch to the cargo bay a full block higher than the exterior hatch.

Librarian's ghost on

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I got it built up to the bay doors and I'm going to be honest. If you struggle putting on Lego stickers or are OCD enough that you need them perfectly straight, then putting the 24 reflective stickers on the inside curve of the doors is going to be a bad time for you.

It looks cool as hell afterward though.

Yeeeeh and there's some nice preemptive anxiety.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
    The good news it that since they reflect a lot of light, any minor misalignment is not noticeable.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I suspected it was coming. I think the gunpla thread just recommended rulers?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I suspected it was coming. I think the gunpla thread just recommended rulers?

Flexible plastic rulers and/or masking tape (if you're wont to move your ruler after you put it down).

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Lego is making a 60s Batman series Batmobile set

hg3nafhqhpf8atgpx8og.jpg

They did another version as a convention exclusive but this should hopefully be a lot more accessible once it's out on the 26th.

Needs Robin, but I like that Joker has the mustache.

I wonder if there are some LEGO orange slice wedges

edited April 2021
    Hmmm. You can fit the undeployed Hubble into the cargo bay and close the doors but it doesn't actually lock in there in anyway and kinda just flops around.

Librarian's ghost on

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hmmm. You can fit the undeployed Hubble into the cargo bay and close the doors but it doesn't actually lock in there in anyway and kinda just flops around.

The instructions on page 310 say to remove a couple clips from the stand, but don't say what to do with them. Is it possible those can be affixed somewhere to the Hubble to lock it into the cargo bay?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited April 2021

The instructions on page 310 say to remove a couple clips from the stand, but don't say what to do with them. Is it possible those can be affixed somewhere to the Hubble to lock it into the cargo bay?

You put them into the technic pieces on the side with the NASA and ESA logos so that the robot arm can latch onto them.

The same pieces that the little peg pieces on the separate Hubble stand fit into.

Librarian's ghost on

MAJOR UPDATE.

Baby Minifigures are almost the perfect size to act as shuttle astronauts!

Building the Tantive IV for the first time and I haven't built a set in like a year, mostly due to kids.

Lego is cool as hell, just crazy interesting how all these little pieces are going to connect to new stuff.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    So I'm done with the space stuff I bought.
    Saturn V: Fun, big, and a pain in the ass to get the first stage exterior panels to stay in place initially.
    ISS: Very neat looking with the solar arrays. A very small nitpicky build with a whole lot of 1x1 nubbins to put in place. Nice display stand.
    LEM: Quite fun. Everything went together easily and there's cute panels to open on the exterior of the landing section and whatnot. Downside: Stickers. Which is extra strange as the Saturn V had zero stickers.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!

God. Dammit.

Just last night Ripley demanded to put together the shuttle with me and I was like this is daddy's set and now they make this.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

God. Dammit.

Just last night Ripley demanded to put together the shuttle with me and I was like this is daddy's set and now they make this.

That high pitched squeal of pain you heard was your wallet.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

God. Dammit.

Here, let me help.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/space-shuttle-mission-10944

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »

God. Dammit.

Here, let me help.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/space-shuttle-mission-10944

/Add to wishlist

I just watched a speed build of the T-rex from Jurassic Park set.

A, I didn't fathom it was so big, even after seeing the physical box in the Lego store when I went to pick up my shuttle.

B, the little vignettes from the movie are cute. I like that they are hidden in the gate from behind, so you won't see them if you are doing a proper display, but they do have fun nods to the movie in each of them. Though... somehow I doubt they'll include a detached Lego minifig arm for one of them.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I just watched a speed build of the T-rex from Jurassic Park set.

A, I didn't fathom it was so big, even after seeing the physical box in the Lego store when I went to pick up my shuttle.

B, the little vignettes from the movie are cute. I like that they are hidden in the gate from behind, so you won't see them if you are doing a proper display, but they do have fun nods to the movie in each of them. Though... somehow I doubt they'll include a detached Lego minifig arm for one of them.

well, regarding your last point...

(tweeter is me)

Goddamn Lego. You have my eternal respect. :D

That is fucking amazing.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Maaaaan. Had a lovely time last night. Wife built the coin-op rocket. Son built the rabbit house. I built the Hubble. I love LEGO.

2503yrkevf3u.png

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • delphdelph DelawareRegistered User regular
    Discovery has landed. Now to hide it for 1.5 months until SO's birthday.

Roses back in stock, got the email at 1206. Sold out by 1309.

Sigh.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Discovery has also landed here. Box big.

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Rumor has it that Double VIP Points will be active the week of April 12-16. That just might make me pick up the Discovery Shuttle.

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Built these three sets with my son over the last two weeks:
    mitookuq4q59.png
    The plane and the satellite mission shuttle were an absolute pleasure to build. But that Nissan car can go right to Lego hell. It has sooo many stickers, which I can never place properly, and is comprised of about 75% small bricks. Satan help you if you misjudge the placement of any one tiny brick, or lose even a single one. My son lost interest in building the car almost immediately, but he adores the end result. We have a second race car waiting in his closet, I asked the wife to find the receipt so we can maybe get a refund and buy Luke Skywalker's X-wing instead.

yossarian_lives on
    "I see everything twice!"

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The flower set went up on Amazon and sold instantly, dang

• pezgenpezgen Registered User regular

I got a notification about it on Wednesday evening (UK time). I was working late so I immediately opened a browser tab for the Lego site and managed to get one. Gone again shortly after that, though. This was the fourth time I’ve had that notification email, I think.

It’s incredible how popular the botanical sets have been. Must be a combination of very broad appeal and slow production, I guess.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I really dodged a bullet with my Shuttle set. My buddy who also bought it posted in discord about his just showing up, and I was like "oh yeah, mine was supposed to arrive the same day as his" and looked outside, just to see a fedex truck pulling up to the foot of my driveway.

And then I saw the driver hop out, walk about 10' up our 30' driveway, and just set down the package there, in full view of the street. If I hadn't seen it and ran out to grab it, someone probably would have snagged my shuttle in less than half an hour.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    My wife's lantern festival set finally shipped. That one took a while to come out after the restock.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    mitookuq4q59.png
    The plane and the satellite mission shuttle were an absolute pleasure to build. But that Nissan car can go right to Lego hell. It has sooo many stickers, which I can never place properly, and is comprised of about 75% small bricks. Satan help you if you misjudge the placement of any one tiny brick, or lose even a single one. My son lost interest in building the car almost immediately, but he adores the end result. We have a second race car waiting in his closet, I asked the wife to find the receipt so we can maybe get a refund and buy Luke Skywalker's X-wing instead.

Hah. That Nissan set actually had a coworker call me to come check out the build and fix it for their kid. And ya, I've built 4k+ piece modulars and never had as much difficulty as I did finishing that Nissan

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

The flower set is unique in that it has an appeal for EVERYBODY. I have mine sitting in a vase on our kitchen table and every single person that sees it says "holy crap. Where did you get that?". I even had a guy in fixing our furnace that was essentially the antithesis of a lego fan say he was going to try and find the set for his wife.

Since posting the set on FB I've seen more than a few people (again, non lego fans) go hard at trying to get the set.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    This came up in my feed this morning, but seems relevant to recent discussion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZUOazRFLaA

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular

Hah. That Nissan set actually had a coworker call me to come check out the build and fix it for their kid. And ya, I've built 4k+ piece modulars and never had as much difficulty as I did finishing that Nissan
    I’m glad to hear it’s not just me! I was worried it was hard to build because I’m getting old.

"I see everything twice!"

This discussion has been closed.