As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mets/Nationals for Covid reasons

The whole series has been postponed now, at least 3-4 Nats have tested positive so far https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/nationals-vs-mets-opening-series-called-off-after-three-washington-players-test-positive-for-covid-19/

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

The whole series has been postponed now, at least 3-4 Nats have tested positive so far https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/nationals-vs-mets-opening-series-called-off-after-three-washington-players-test-positive-for-covid-19/

Fuck, Mets games are the only games I can see with my cable package

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

Fuck, Mets games are the only games I can see with my cable package

Who's your cable provider, Beelzebub?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    MLB has moved the All-Star game out of Atlanta due to recent events involving changes to GA voting laws.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Braves are being whiny fucks about it too. I'd link the press release, but they suck.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    It’s a good gesture, but honestly the only sports thing that would actually get Republicans to change would be if Georgia’s football recruiting tanked.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    It’s a good gesture, but honestly the only sports thing that would actually get Republicans to change would be if Georgia’s football recruiting tanked.

Chasing Justin Fields out hasn’t made a difference...

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

The Baseball Newsletter used to be known as AsteriskTour, and has chronicled bad things happening to Astros players since their cheating scandal

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    While it was actually a week ago, one of the greatest animal moments in MLB history is celebrating its 20th anniversary:

https://youtu.be/1PyCpG06138

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

The woman who grabbed that cat has no fuckin fear.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Nats/Braves postponed as at least seven more Nats are quarantined https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31195239/atlanta-braves-washington-nationals-game-monday-postponed-sources-say

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    we're definitely, absolutely ready for the rigours of a full season

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I think that bat-crack was audible in Hokkaido, sweet Jesus.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I love the idea of Shohei Ohtani- between his injuries and the covid season, we lost track of him, but I really hope he and the Angels figure out how to maximize his talent

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    That poor cat. Open mouth panting is a sign of extreme stress.

It can be a sign of other bad things as well, but given the situation and that the crowd noise was certainly too loud extreme stress was likely.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I want Ohtani to be the monster we all hoped he would be.

The idea of a guy going out every 5 games and striking out double digits with 100mph heat then between those starts cracking 500ft dongs is awesome

• Options
    Right

The Angels can be the team that had 3 all-fucking-time greats* on the roster at once and did hack shit :razz:

*Pujols dropped off bad after coming to LA and Ohtani is still more promise than payoff, but here’s hoping!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m just worried we’re never going to see a fully healthy Ohtani for a full season. He just seems to be snake bitten with injuries

• Options
    I didn’t even know until watching more highlights that he had to leave in the fifth inning for injury concern after he was slid into while covering home on a busted play caused by a passed ball error on his catcher

Man

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I didn’t even know until watching more highlights that he had to leave in the fifth inning for injury concern after he was slid into while covering home on a busted play caused by a passed ball error on his catcher

Man

He seems fine - he was out there jumping around and celebrating during the postgame.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Yeah he is off today for extra precaution.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Stanton does this thing with his arms and not his whole body like everyone else on the planet

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    I feel like it can't have been the plan to throw that pitch to Giancarlo Stanton

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    not sure an orioles pitcher has thrown a ball where they wanted it since at least 2011

• Options
    I feel like it can't have been the plan to throw that pitch to Giancarlo Stanton

I'm pretty sure that's got launch potential for almost every major league starter.

• Options
    I mean, you'd certainly hope so, but most of them aren't launching it five hundred feet

• Options
    I mean, you'd certainly hope so, but most of them aren't launching it five hundred feet

Oh indubitably.

My favorite part is the little squat hop that the pitcher does as he watches it leave low earth orbit.

Like a mole person cursing a jet fighter

• Options
    the only thing better than watching pitchers react to someone hitting a bomb off of them is watching catchers react

• Options
    Torn shoulder labrum for Tatis.

4-6 MONTHS

Fucking sucks

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Pretty sad. More because he's such a cool and interesting player that is so good for the game and we're being robbed of a year of him, basically. Hopefully he'll come back strong.

• Options
    also sucks for the Padres, I’d hate for them to not have a meaningful season after being about the only team actually paying cool players to do cool shit

• Options
    also sucks for the Padres, I’d hate for them to not have a meaningful season after being about the only team actually paying cool players to do cool shit

They’ll still get the wild card I think. Then they have enough pitching to at least make some noise in the playoffs.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular

4-6 MONTHS

Fucking sucks

This isn’t true? He subluxated his shoulder, which is incredibly painful (happens to me sometimes) and will likely end up requiring surgery to tighten the connective tissue, but he will likely play through the season and get the surgery after, barring complications. Bellinger had the same condition.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options

4-6 MONTHS

Fucking sucks

This isn’t true? He subluxated his shoulder, which is incredibly painful (happens to me sometimes) and will likely end up requiring surgery to tighten the connective tissue, but he will likely play through the season and get the surgery after, barring complications. Bellinger had the same condition.

That’s not what I heard. I hear he was going to need surgery for a torn labrum.

Maybe what I read was early speculation still.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    RedTide wrote: »
    Stanton does this thing with his arms and not his whole body like everyone else on the planet

His triceps and delts are the size of his quads and he has fairly long arms for his frame. He's able to get 100+lbs of body weight behind his swing without using his hips at all.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    6q3g2v7exrs0.jpeg

Your Boston Red Sox...golf? Team?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i hate to even comment on it because the entire point of the thing is to force me to comment on it

This discussion has been closed.