As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The FORBIDDEN DOOR has opened in the [wrestling] thread

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I think I remember last year everyone just got the bonus even if they weren’t on the card. I have to imagine they do the same thing this year.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    They broke up Hurt Business with barely more notice than the Shield got
    Fightful wrote:
    Fightful Select reports members of the group join those who were shocked or unhappy about the split. Per the report, Vince McMahon made the decision himself to split up the group. This decision was “much to the chagrin of those in the group.”

It was added that McMahon “was set in his choice to fracture the group, even after MVP and Bobby Lashley were vocal about not being in support of the move.” They had a meeting with the WWE Chairman and CEO about the idea, but “the latter dug his heels in even more.” The decision, and McMahon’s insistence to continue down that road, was a blow to morale.

As I posted yesterday, Cedric and Shelton have been relegated to a SD battle royal next week and thus no Mania appearance

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    fucking stupid racist old man

They announced a Nigerian Drum Fight half an hour after that post???

So I'm just gonna quote it again because this site won't let me hit agree on that post twice:
    Whippy wrote: »
    fucking stupid racist old man

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    ChocoPro #101 is out, they actually have a ring for once. Fucked up tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h4XKQxwY_Q

Crippl3 on
    Also, NJPW Strong has a title now! No, it's not the actual already existing US title, that would make too much sense!

NJPW Global
    @njpwglobal
    The New Japan Cup USA winner will not be a contender.

The New Japan Cup USA winner will be a champion!

Introducing the NJPW STRONG Openweight Championship!

Watch NOW: https://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_256_99_1

#njpwSTRONG #njcupusa

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Lulu Pencil is very good.

uyvfOQy.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Also, NJPW Strong has a title now! No, it's not the actual already existing US title, that would make too much sense!

NJPW Global
    @njpwglobal
    The New Japan Cup USA winner will not be a contender.

The New Japan Cup USA winner will be a champion!

Introducing the NJPW STRONG Openweight Championship!

Watch NOW: https://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_256_99_1

#njpwSTRONG #njcupusa

This rules actually as New Japan Strong is quietly putting on great shows that will become a lot less quiet once they're able to have an audience.

Also that belt looks better than the USA Championship and the design Ibushi scribbled on a napkin one late concussion filled night. It's like there's a now sliding scale where the less prestigious the belt is the better it looks.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    An openweight title also makes sense to use assuming they plan to keep a good number of juniors on that roster.

edited April 2021
    Kikutaro was apparently briefly arrested and then deported for coming to the country to finalize termination of a housing contract, an action he could only do in person

Sweeney Tom on
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Tonight!

Can't wait to see Mecha Mummy drill a hole through the space in Chris Brookes's chest where his heart should be.

I'm happy to report that Brookes retained the title because Masa Takanashi cracked a beer and poured it onto Mecha Mummy, helping to short circuit him.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    United Empires X was revealed and its..........
    Henare in new gear

Main event spoiler
    welp *sigh*

bloodyroarxx on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Hot dang.
    Don't think either dad would be a good role model there. Anvil would do a bump of coke and stroke his goatee for an hour and Superfly would do enough cocaine to kill a small horse and commit 2nd degree murder.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Ospreay vs Ibushi was a phenomenal match

United Empires X was revealed and its..........
    Henare in new gear

Main event spoiler
    welp *sigh*
    How thoughtful of Ibushi to design a new belt for Will.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    A lot of controversial changes for New Japan, so much so that nobody's talking about how awful Roppongi 3K's new theme is.

Mwx884o.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Moxley wants to defend the US Title against...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdEiba38gA

Can't believe he keeps ducking Yano like a COWARD

Crippl3 on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Challenging Nagata is such a Moxley move.

EDIT: what what Bea is done with Stardom?

bloodyroarxx on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Apparently the WWE Hall of Fame speeches were given a very strict, short time limit this year. So in typical Bella fashion, Nikki and Brie took things into their own hands and recorded a series of videos telling their stories and thanking those that helped them along the way. The first guest they had on to thank was Kofi!

https://youtu.be/P7ZCyWEZZ6s

https://youtu.be/Ml0wXThwv68

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    aIJs5yE.png

Danhausen showed up in the comic Breaking Cat News this morning. Not the first person I'd expect to see on the comics page, but cool.

A lot of controversial changes for New Japan, so much so that nobody's talking about how awful Roppongi 3K's new theme is.

Wow, I just listened to it. That theme is... something.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Why would you get rid of the Roppongi 3K theme?

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Who the fuck is tuning in to see Tyson in 2021? "Better than WWE" continues to be the lowest bar imaginable.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    he was awful on the last appearance so obviously the show that continuously features the good brothers above the 25 or so better tag teams they have on their roster MUST bring Tyson back to waste another 15 minutes of air time

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I had a dream last night that there was a New Japan invasion of NXT. They were showing some old Hideo Itami-era footage, then the feed went all wonky and it turned out KENTA was attacking the production truck. Then he went out to ringside, was joined by Roppongi 3K, Tanahashi, and maybe Okada, and brawled with the whole roster.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that there was a New Japan invasion of NXT. They were showing some old Hideo Itami-era footage, then the feed went all wonky and it turned out KENTA was attacking the production truck. Then he went out to ringside, was joined by Roppongi 3K, Tanahashi, and maybe Okada, and brawled with the whole roster.

The most forbidden of all doors.

But which music did RPG3K use??

Seth Rollins, who understands a simple concept that a lot of people don't seem to.
    Seth Rollins: “Look, Hulk Hogan’s always been really nice to me, but that doesn’t make him a great human being.”

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/seth-rollins-on-hulk-hogan-hes-nice-to-me-that-doesnt-make-him-a-great-human-being/

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

The new one, of course

It's a total fuckin' banger

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen

The new one, of course

It's a total fuckin' banger

That's not a dream, that's a nightmare!

Just remembered that there's no Kaiju Big Battel show this WM weekend, but there is a Dr Cube vs JTG match. Not an equivalent substitute, but eases the pain a bit.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    There are so goddamn many indie shows this weekend. Glad I get half of them with the IWTV subscription.

I might get spring break of the GCW shows, but I'm not sure

Nick Gage cutting the hottest babyface promo of the year

Nick FN Gage
    @thekingnickgage
    Last 8 months been the worst 8 months of my life since before i went to prison just bein honest i thought about calling it quits a bunch of times i literally only do this for my fans now thats why i wrestle i have to beat rsp on friday enough is enough its gcw gangland MDK style
    I thought my career was over my fucking leg wouldnt heal right i tried doctor told me it would get better in 3 months but 7 months later its still fucked i dont care its do or die now if i cant beat rsp ill fucking retire maybe this is end of the road for me just being honest MDK
    Dont get me wrong tho i always told my gang that i would keep doing this until i die in the ring or someone puts a bullet in my fucking brain @RickeyShanePage are u capable of putting a bullet in my skull cuz thats what its gonna take pussy lets go MDK GCW GANGLAND

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Seth Rollins, who understands a simple concept that a lot of people don't seem to.
    Seth Rollins: “Look, Hulk Hogan’s always been really nice to me, but that doesn’t make him a great human being.”

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/seth-rollins-on-hulk-hogan-hes-nice-to-me-that-doesnt-make-him-a-great-human-being/

Nice article, but you know what they say about the comments...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!

Nice article, but you know what they say about the comments...

I listened to that advice so much that I didn't even know there *were* comments.

This discussion has been closed.