As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The crimson court is such an amazing looking warband. I wish all the warbands had such individuality and character.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see what their rules are actually like. The Warhammer-Community article today was... vague, focussing more on how Hunger counters don't interact with them.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see what their rules are actually like. The Warhammer-Community article today was... vague, focussing more on how Hunger counters don't interact with them.

I thought they interacted in both ways, having inspire conditions for full or empty hunger counters, with different bonuses depending on the inspire trigger.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    It says:
    • They considered having them Inspire as they gained Hunger counters, but it didn't feel right.
    • They considered having getting rid of Hunger counters as a way to Inspire, but that was boring.

Instead they introduced something new called Bloodthirst which triggers when they have enough Hunger counters, but they can also Inspire. And from the wording, while Bloodthirst mode gives them physical boosts it takes away access to abilities they'd have while Inspired. (Which, okay, I guess it's not that vague. But I'm curious to see it fit on their cards.)

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Though I am riding to the store no matter this week [the wind and how work kicked my ass stopped me on Sat}
    I thought April's coin was going to be Drukhari or I was going to ask when I go hopefully today
    But war com previewed it ytxqlf1956ya.png

And it's a pink horror for the figure of the month

I assume that means Broken Realms: Be'lakor will be out April? (Was that already known?)

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I think it was either heavily guessed or strongly hinted at. Something about a roadmap image getting updated to show a blank space for book 4 before book 3 was even released?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    If you pre order Cursed City from GW you can get a key
    pf8xaw0z40sn.png
    While it lasts
    If you get it via a GW store you get basically a party pack
    jqsuuybke0jq.png

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    they did something similar for silver tower

holographic cards of all the heroes, a metal token to represent who's the leader instead of the carboard one that comes in the box

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Jesus fuck me in the ass Christ it's $200.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705

I knew it would be sadly but I stayed up to pre order it since I will play it

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

if you baseline it against Blackstone there are 25% more miniatures

also it's sold out already

edited April 2021
    And the first listings on eBay for single characters from the box are hovering at 30-40€. Insane. Also insane that that is probably what they would cost of GW would sell them right now.

honovere on
    honovere wrote: »
    And the first listings on eBay for single characters from the box are hovering at 30-40€. Insane. Also insane that that is probably what they would cost of GW would sell them right now.

That was what the two were pre selling for out of piety and pain I agree it's insane. I knew the game was going to between 150 to 250 because they learned a lesson about dark uprising
    I agree it's insane as even the fiction books are sold out
    With how indomitus got snapped up last year and the reprint that followed I feel they did learn something about that. I know a lot of people got into the hobby even if it was just the modeling/painting part over the pandemic so the fobo is very real

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I went to pre order it and it's no longer available.

Bloody manufactured scarcity.

i assume it's going to be back - given the manufacturing issues they probably capped orders at what they could quickly fulfill

i also would assume that they are going to support similar to BSF

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, they've already said it's not a limited print run on their Facebook I think.

Granted I hear a lot of stockists got a fairly limited supply, but it seems pretty tough for a lot of manufacturers to supply things smoothly right now.

It’s not a limited edition (assuming you’re talking about cursed city) - there will be further stock.

I personally suspect there was meant to be more for the initial release but the Ever Given got in the way, literally.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I hope this is like Indomitus where they make too many and I get to buy it for a much reduced price.

Actually they should just do made to order for everything nowadays.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Oh I wasn’t expecting it to be limited, but I was hoping to be able to get a copy when I wanted to. Guess it’ll have to wait.

I don't think it was a one and done printing but I think it was a small first printing due to the pandemic

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    What they did with Indomitus I don't know if they did it on purpose, but if so it was fucking brilliant.

They told everyone it was a limited printing and then it went on sale.

0.25 seconds later it was sold out, 1.50 seconds after that scalpers had it all on ebay for 3-4x the original price.

A week later GW comes out a goes, "Eh we'll do a made to order thing for it. Everyone who wants one can get one!"

The price for Indomitus on ebay began to plummet. Scalpers got fucked. It was sooo goooood. I got mine for $140ish USD.

edit- Honestly I don't really know why they don't do made to order as a standard practice. Like as soon as they announce one of these big box sets they should go, "Alright, ya got 3-4 weeks to get your orders in or else you'll have to buy one from a FLGS."

Scalpers get fucked, everyone who wants one can get one and GW gets a bunch of money up front along with a very good idea of how much production they need.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    It seems my copy of piety and pain is in limbo as it left GW to UPS and into the void

But really tomorrow to shake off the soul crushing week of work I am going to start to paint. I have two over arching things to do but I am torn what to paint first everything from my DoK to a myriad of things

edited April 2021
    honovere on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, those are sweet minis, feels like you probably wouldn't need witch hunters in AoS where everything is so magic-y all the time, but I guess it pays the bills.

People have been clamouring for an Order of Azyr army for a while I think, but making it a few kits as a part if Cities of Sigmar seems like a good way to modernise that range without having to do a whole other book that's fairly similar.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I was going to grab the underworlds nurgle band because they looked like they would be fun to paint...... and then I saw that beastgrave starter was like 40$ and just bought that instead. Was hesitant to jump into this but at that price it was too good to not pass up.

steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Heck, I'm getting those for generic witch-huntery models in whatever game.

My other brother long ago wanted to do a witch hunter army or the angry mob lead by a witch hunter in warhammer but would grumble the best he could do was the witch hunter in Warhammer quest

edited April 2021
    Echo wrote: »
    Heck, I'm getting those for generic witch-huntery models in whatever game.

Yeah, except for the "S" purity seal on the dad there doesn't seem to be any AoS specific iconography on these. Similarly I was also surprised that the recently teased vampire and undead models seem to have a distinct lac of skulls, death, and bats iconography.

Huh, the inhabitants of Ulfenkarn a a tall bunch.

compare the grave guard on the right

honovere on
    They do live literally on the precipice of the Shyish Nadir… maybe all that death juice flowing around the city let’s ‘em grow bigger?

@Gnome-Interruptus the Warhammer Community article today shows off the Crimson Courts' cards.

They all basically have two alternate states: Inspired and Bloodthirst. At the beginning of each turn you get a Hunger counter, and if you have three you Bloodthirst, while if you have none you Inspire. (And having three while Inspired will un-Inspire.) Taking out an enemy lets you choose to remove as many Hunger counters as you want as a Reaction.

Duvalle Bloodthirst: -1 attack dice, +1 damage
    Duvalle Inspired: +1 block, Cleave, and a Reaction Spell

Gorath Bloodthirst: -1 move, +1 wounds.
    Gorath Inspired: +1 damage, Knockback, and a Spell Action

Vellas Bloodthirst: Scything
    Vellas Inspired: Cleave, Ensnare, Guard

Ennias Bloodthirst: +2 Move
    Ennias Inspired: swords to hammers, +1 dodge, move-through-opponents/lethal hexes

While there are situations where maybe being in Bloodthirst mode would be a neat trick, the Inspiring seems the easier choice. It could result in some neat counter-play, where opponent's Gambits force un-Inspiring.

(A little surprised both Duvalle and Gorath are Wizards.)

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    our publish dropped a new trailer for Storm Ground, the Age of Sigmar game I'm working on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4BbbzH3JDQ

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Looks neat. Is that hex and turn based?

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Given that the Belakor book has a new Nighthauny hero in it, I'm hoping they get a new book soon.

My poor ghosts...

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    our publish dropped a new trailer for Storm Ground, the Age of Sigmar game I'm working on

Is it online versus only?

honovere wrote: »
    Looks neat. Is that hex and turn based?

yep

edited April 2021
    Magic Pink wrote: »

the multiplayer? yes.

Matrias on
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

the multiplayer? yes.

The "dynamic campaign" thing strongly implies a sp mode.

What sort of genre are we talking about here?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

the multiplayer? yes.

no i mean the whole game

It one of the today's articles for the Realm Lords they talk about building an all mounted army.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/09/the-lumineth-realm-lords-harness-the-wind-to-become-the-fastest-army-in-the-game/
    Which is one of the goals my brother has but since he wants to paint them being from Zaitrec.
    Which sadly GW did not show how to do
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB2d5oRcbR0
    But it was one of the pics in the article that I got curious about
    gp2u5j36cz9h.png
    It seems with the hammer elves and bladelords they share the same color palette

This discussion has been closed.