As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    A dude froze me mid-thundercrash in Gambit a couple minutes ago and I almost put my keyboard through my monitor

The ability to freeze people mid-super is a mind-boggling decision. There were precious few super-canceling abilities prior to stasis. The most reliable super denying (at least at the casual tier) was running away or activating your own super.

And as a void titan for so long I still never used suppressor nades because it required you had perfect timing on a mobile super and the enemy was near-ish the ground.

But stasis nades? Wayyyyy easier to use.

Stasis has made me stop using any titan super that's not behemoth or thundercrash. The others are just way too easy to cancel now. And I personally don't like behemoth, I feel its very clunky and easy to avoid on some maps because it's still a melee super at heart.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Is this a good roll for a 120 hand cannon? Because it feels like a good roll.

nIDVYmW.png

What do people look for in 120 HCs for PvP?

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Behemoth can die so fast to an enemy team that knows what they're doing, now.

Luckily, Hunter super is still god tier, especially in the most dominant playlist, control.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Me: Wow, I did really well!
    Looks up
    Jesus christ

sd87h4vb2cln.jpg

For anyone wondering I was trying out the AC-130 titan meme build, using the seasonal nade launcher and DMT while wearing Rampants.

It's some of the most fun I've had in crucible since... ever, actually.

That's....a good idea, I'll have to try it. I used DIM Optimizer and made a Lion Rampants build yesterday as well, but it was for Last Word :confused: . Played and won a Rumble match with it, floating around Rusted hipfiring.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Isn't that last bit like the whole idea behind the Nine?

I’m not sure what you were replying to, but essentially how I understand the Nine is this:

The motion of the planets and moons in our solar system, as well as all the life in it, basically are all parts and cogs of a “computer” or “machine” that churned the dark matter of our system into sentience, and that sentience is the Nine, seemingly one entity for each major body: Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Pluto(?)

Oh jeez, I just realized something; with Mars missing, how does this affect the Nine?

I think there was some rumbling amongst the Nine that some wanted to ally with the Darkness, I wouldn't be surprised if the missing planets are them.

There's definitely a faction of the Nine that is pushing for a more hostile-to-us approach to dealing with the physical world. But the Nine aren't the planets themselves and it's not specifically just planets that have disappeared. Two of the places that are gone are moons.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I wandered into Crucible yesterday for the first time in forever. Literally all of my deaths to primaries were Igneous Hammer. Across 3 matches. I'd heard 120 HCs were the new meta but geeze.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    edited April 2021
    Yeah....120s hit too hard at too high a range with single shots. Statistically, there are weapons with faster TTKs, but the single shot aspect of HCs allows them to dip in and out of cover easier whereas a pulse has to hit full bursts.....

There's also the issue where a 120 only needs a 66% headshot rate for its optimal TTK. If the enemy Guardian has less than 5 resilience, that drops to a 33% headshot rate....

Bizazedo on
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I think that's a symptom of rumble being full of only sweats at all times. I love PvP and still just don't have fun in Rumble.

What is 'sweats'?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    I think that's a symptom of rumble being full of only sweats at all times. I love PvP and still just don't have fun in Rumble.

What is 'sweats'?

Folks that exhibit hyper-competitive behaviors at all times, such that they sweat with every action.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

nIDVYmW.png

Not sure if serious, but if yes, yes that's an extremely good roll. One stack of Rampage will let you two-tap people to the head and quickdraw is, ya know, quickdraw. That's basically the godliest of rolls, especially with the range masterwork.

Also call me old fashioned but I think Sunbreaker can still compete if you're good at throwing hammers. I played top tree hammers in Trials over the weekend and I feel a million times more confident with that super than I do spamming Behemoth punch around the map and hoping for the best, plus shoulder charge is a pretty decent mobility booster (if kind of crappy actual melee) and thermite grenades are still good. Bottom tree hammers, especially with the Sunspot trousers, can get on a real roll in sixes. It's fun!

edited April 2021
    Bottom tree Sunbreaker is top tier in sixes and can be very good in 3vs3. The fact that it perfectly synergizes with Jotunn is /chefkiss. That plus Phoenix Cradle.

OOF. So many Burn deaths.

Bizazedo on
    Now that I'm high enough LL I should probably try getting these new exotics.

Blegh.

The process of running artificially difficult solo content repeatedly does not sound appetizing. Kind of crappy there's no other way to get them.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »

https://i.imgur.com/nIDVYmW.png

Not sure if serious, but if yes, yes that's an extremely good roll. One stack of Rampage will let you two-tap people to the head and quickdraw is, ya know, quickdraw. That's basically the godliest of rolls, especially with the range masterwork.

Also call me old fashioned but I think Sunbreaker can still compete if you're good at throwing hammers. I played top tree hammers in Trials over the weekend and I feel a million times more confident with that super than I do spamming Behemoth punch around the map and hoping for the best, plus shoulder charge is a pretty decent mobility booster (if kind of crappy actual melee) and thermite grenades are still good. Bottom tree hammers, especially with the Sunspot trousers, can get on a real roll in sixes. It's fun!

Serious question!

I have an intuitive understanding of what works and doesn't for PvE mostly, but I'm sure I've scrapped countless PvP godrolls without a care.

Spaffy wrote: »

What is 'sweats'?

Basically a synonym for "tryhard". People who play super hard to win, often with high skill.

Bizazedo wrote: »
    Bottom tree Sunbreaker is top tier in sixes and can be very good in 3vs3. The fact that it perfectly synergizes with Jotunn is /chefkiss. That plus Phoenix Cradle.

OOF. So many Burn deaths.

Yeah, Sunspots are definitely up there with any other top tier PvP spec. (also PvE) The super is one of the best roaming supers right now and the neutral game is strong too.

I hate to say it, but I do better with bottom tier Sunbreaker super than I do with Behemoth. Don't get me wrong, the Behemoth slide is love and life and I will never forsake it....buuuuuuuuut, I honestly think bottom tier Sunbreaker super > Behemoth super.

Worst case scenario (not including me getting sniped in the head!), I use my last hammer to make a sunspot under myself and give myself a 10 second damage buff so I can two tap the next person I see with my 120 HC.

And if I have the buff still, that kill makes a NEW sunspot that if I get to, refreshes my buff AND gives the same buff to teammates.

It's sooooo powerful.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Blegh.

The process of running artificially difficult solo content repeatedly does not sound appetizing. Kind of crappy there's no other way to get them.

It’s legit if you don’t like it, but I’m kinda surprised to see this reaction. Personally I think this Lost Sector system has been great. It’s made the affected Lost Sectors actually interesting and relevant, and it allows you to focus on a particular armor slot. If you can clear the 1330 version, it hands them out pretty regularly too, so there’s barely any grinding (unless you want that perfect stat roll).

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular

Blegh.

It’s legit if you don’t like it, but I’m kinda surprised to see this reaction. Personally I think this Lost Sector system has been great. It’s made the affected Lost Sectors actually interesting and relevant, and it allows you to focus on a particular armor slot. If you can clear the 1330 version, it hands them out pretty regularly too, so there’s barely any grinding (unless you want that perfect stat roll).

The only shitty part of the legendary lost sectors is that match game is on, but it doesn’t tell you what shields will show up and locks your loadout.

This linked spreadsheet that someone on Reddit made is super helpful in that regard. Shows all the shield types, how many there will be on a 1 to 3 scale, and also what champions and notable enemies types will show up.

I hate to say it, but I do better with bottom tier Sunbreaker super than I do with Behemoth. Don't get me wrong, the Behemoth slide is love and life and I will never forsake it....buuuuuuuuut, I honestly think bottom tier Sunbreaker super > Behemoth super.

Worst case scenario (not including me getting sniped in the head!), I use my last hammer to make a sunspot under myself and give myself a 10 second damage buff so I can two tap the next person I see with my 120 HC.

And if I have the buff still, that kill makes a NEW sunspot that if I get to, refreshes my buff AND gives the same buff to teammates.

It's sooooo powerful.

I've been riding the Sunspot train for several seasons now and Behemoth has never been consistent enough to warrant changing for most purposes. It's super is one of the few that will fuck up stasis supers imo and just most any super tactics in general. Because throwing burning hammers with actual good tracking/hit registration at things from across the map or even just the room is hard to deal with. And the neutral game is real solid.

IMO Behemoth mostly rewards super aggressive high mobility playstyles that just aren't viable a lot of the time for less sweaty players.

ronzo wrote: »

Blegh.

The only shitty part of the legendary lost sectors is that match game is on, but it doesn’t tell you what shields will show up and locks your loadout.

This linked spreadsheet that someone on Reddit made is super helpful in that regard. Shows all the shield types, how many there will be on a 1 to 3 scale, and also what champions and notable enemies types will show up.

That's a shitty part of all content sadly. Same issue in NFs. It really should just be on the label in some way.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

It's sooooo powerful.

I've been riding the Sunspot train for several seasons now and Behemoth has never been consistent enough to warrant changing for most purposes. It's super is one of the few that will fuck up stasis supers imo and just most any super tactics in general. Because throwing burning hammers with actual good tracking/hit registration at things from across the map or even just the room is hard to deal with. And the neutral game is real solid.

IMO Behemoth mostly rewards super aggressive high mobility playstyles that just aren't viable a lot of the time for less sweaty players.

I'm by no means the sweatiest sweat, but I do play really aggressively and I've found that the Behemoth's neutral game is extremely strong and the super is extremely frustrating, especially in Trials. People who are coordinated will absolutely team shoot you to death before you can get close enough to them. You can cross-map a hammer in a way people really don't expect and I've had much more consistent success and fun with it in a competitive setting.

Also the celestial armor chests are for sale for dust this week and they're all good but the warlock one is just WHOA MAMMA
    cr7ZUBu.jpg

I think basically all the Eververse armour ornament sets have been good for the past while. Along with weapon ornaments they are the things I always buy when they are on for bright dust.

Speaking of, the Anarchy ornament is available for BD.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Blegh.

This is how I felt, but if you wait for 1300 in an easy short one, you can do 3 classes in half a evening. So far I've always had one drop on the first try for each class. Others always took 6-8 runs, but if you wait for ones that are like 3-6 minutes long it doesn't take long.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    Speaking of, the Anarchy ornament is available for BD.

Also the Baby Shark dance.

Oh, cool. Extra infamy week.

Please, bungie. Give us solo queue gambit.

shryke wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

Blegh.

That's a shitty part of all content sadly. Same issue in NFs. It really should just be on the label in some way.

Yup. The spreadsheet also covers all variants of the Nightfalls on a different sheet.

Match game should really show up in the director as “Match Game (Solar, Void)” or similar. They tell us which champion types are in on the director, with match game active shields types are nearly just as important.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Should I dust off Borealis for anti-barrier/shield duty?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Fuuuuucccckkkk. I need to find a sweaty gambit LFG. I hit legend so I only make rank progress on wins and I need the seasonal challenge.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Saber GM done first try, not as terrible as expected. I spent most of the strike on the phone because of an emergency call from work, only helping with some champs and the boss fight.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I keep forgetting to ask: did they make the anti-champion arm mods not apply to exotics this season or something? I swear I used to be able to use Bad JuJu or NTtE with the Anti-Barrier Pulse Rifles mod but this season's Unstoppable Pulse Rifle mod doesn't seem to apply to them. I haven't actually tried the Anti-Barrier Scout mod with an exotic scout...

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Used NTTE all weekend with arm mod, worked fine. There is no anti barrier pulse mod, it's unstoppable or the other one. Barrier is uh scout sniper I think. Used presage scout with it.

Nosf on
    edited April 2021
    Just a reminder, any mod-based unstoppable rounds require you to ADS without firing for a second or two to “load” the unstoppable round/burst. You’ll see the gun flash, a click noise, and the text will show up in the buff field on the left.

This does not apply to Devils Ruin or Levi’s Breath. Fully charged shots of either will stagger.

Anti-barrier is instant, but takes X number of shots to break a champ shield, overload is a ramp-up effect (except for bows), and unstoppable is a wait and shoot.

ronzo on
    Nosf wrote: »
    Used NTTE all weekend with arm mod, worked fine. There is no anti barrier pulse mod, it's unstoppable or the other one. Barrier is uh scout sniper I think. Used presage scout with it.

Yeah, I was talking about the one from last season (or the season before? one of the seasons was anti-barrier pulse). Do the unstoppable mods not have an on-screen ongoing effect message like the anti-barrier guns, maybe, and I just haven't noticed myself stunning things?

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Nosf wrote: »

Yeah, I was talking about the one from last season (or the season before? one of the seasons was anti-barrier pulse). Do the unstoppable mods not have an on-screen ongoing effect message like the anti-barrier guns, maybe, and I just haven't noticed myself stunning things?

As described, Unstoppable Rounds will load after ADS'd for a period of time and you'll get a message confirming this. Your next shot while ADS'd should produce the intended effect, though Unstoppable units have a long duration of immunity from the effect after being stunned.

metaghost on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if they fixed it but things like Captains would sometimes just be un-stunnable even with the right mod on, I've noticed it before when running solos

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Overload just sucks and doesn't work very well, honestly.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Saber GM done first try, not as terrible as expected. I spent most of the strike on the phone because of an emergency call from work, only helping with some champs and the boss fight.

Glad to hear this. Proving Grounds was a struggle, and Saber felt like it could be hard. What was the team loadout?

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »

Glad to hear this. Proving Grounds was a struggle, and Saber felt like it could be hard. What was the team loadout?

3 anarchies, 3 snipers, stasis warlock, falling star titan, and I meant to play commander with ursa but it turns out I forgot to switch away from bubble so I we had to make due with a bubble.

smCQ5WE.jpg