As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    Outriders is one of those games where the gameplay gets more fun as you go, so it’s understandable if people bounce off early on. It has a fun core but is super rough around the edges

Also one area it’s different to destiny is in destiny humanity is the heroes, in outriders they are giant assholes

Yeah people play the demo and feel the game is too easy, but I can say as you play it, the difficulty ramps up and the amount of red on the screen is fucking ridiculous.

I’ve never played a game where I almost die so much and yet feel like I had everything under control. Except boss fights, I turn down the difficulty for those. But the core gameplay is solid

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Outriders is one of those games where the gameplay gets more fun as you go, so it’s understandable if people bounce off early on. It has a fun core but is super rough around the edges

Also one area it’s different to destiny is in destiny humanity is the heroes, in outriders they are giant assholes

Yeah people play the demo and feel the game is too easy, but I can say as you play it, the difficulty ramps up and the amount of red on the screen is fucking ridiculous.

I’ve never played a game where I almost die so much and yet feel like I had everything under control. Except boss fights, I turn down the difficulty for those. But the core gameplay is solid

Yeah in the normal quest to quest gameplay I let my world tier be as high as I got it, but when I hit a Red Bar over the hud boss? Drop that shit down. But I was trying to just finish as fast as I could not like smash my nuts in a vice like some of them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

I think the arena design gets better as well. Around Trench Town I've started to notice more of the arenas have multiple avenues to engage in or are set up so you can choose to start at long range and whittle down some of the horde.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »

I think the arena design gets better as well. Around Trench Town I've started to notice more of the arenas have multiple avenues to engage in or are set up so you can choose to start at long range and whittle down some of the horde.

Also as you get some weapons/mods you can feel more aggressive.

I got a legendary sniper that had an aoe frost on crit, and the other mod was a frost explosion when you killed a frozen enemy, it was hilarious to wipe out groups with.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I got to my first boss (giant flame spider) and my friends game immediately hardlocked. He loads in but ... It won't let him rejoin because "I'm in a boss battle." Really game? So I decide to let myself die so we can do it together. I die and... my game hardlocks. lmao...

Edit: he got dropped again why is this game made of tissue paper. We finally get to an exciting fight and it keeps dropping my friend and I don't wanna do it solo.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Further, even in the demo,
    most of the dialog between you and Jakub is "hey, remember that time we almost got killed but then we killed all those people?" "Yeah, that was a trip. Remember that other time we killed a bunch of people?"

Like. Y'all are not here for happy fun "bring light to the darkness" time, except accidentally as you set something on fire.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So I started the CP update this morning since I'm going to be at work for ~12 hours. 40+GB? That's....60 hours!

I'm sure the game experience will be utterly transformative!

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Well, at the very least you guys convinced me I ought to give Outriders a try, after I was completely prepared to ignore it (and skip the whole "Well, I'll at least try the beta," step I took Destiny, Destiny 2, Anthem, etc.).

Hopefully it's running well on Xbox Series, it's not on PC Game Pass and I got my PC with a RTX 3080 and an i7-10700k (that old standby) last week or I would try it on that.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Bounced off the Outriders demo pretty hard, none if it felt good. Which is ok, because I had barely played Destiny 2 this season so I went back to that all weekend.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Well, at the very least you guys convinced me I ought to give Outriders a try, after I was completely prepared to ignore it (and skip the whole "Well, I'll at least try the beta," step I took Destiny, Destiny 2, Anthem, etc.).

Hopefully it's running well on Xbox Series, it's not on PC Game Pass and I got my PC with a RTX 3080 and an i7-10700k (that old standby) last week or I would try it on that.

It runs great on my Series X. If you're not a shaky cam fan you'll want to go into the options and crank up the cinematic camera smoothing

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-04-06-nintendo-xbox-and-ubisoft-back-digital-only-e3-2021
    E3 2021 will return this June in digital form, and has been backed by Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two, Warner Bros and Koch Media.

June 12-15, online only. Some big names not showing up, however:
    It's a strong line-up, especially with the two platform holders on-board, however there are some notable absentees, including Sony, EA, Activision Blizzard, Sega, Bandai Namco and Square Enix.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Sony, EA and Activision haven't done E3 in forever, so no big surprise there. I'm curious if Sega, Namco and Square not being there is a Japanese specific thing or just a coincidence.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Anyone know if GTA5 has a 60fps boost?

Coming to game pass in a few days and have not really played it since I beat it on 360 at launch..... Fuck me we are due for a new one.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Rockstar is doing a current gen upgrade this year supposedly, for online at least.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/06/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-april-2021/
    April 8:
    • GTA V (Console/Cloud)
    • Zombie Army 4 (Console/Cloud/PC)
    • Disneyland Adventure (Cloud)
    • Rush: A Disney/Pixar Adventure (Cloud)
    April 12:
    • NHL 21 (Console)
    April 15th:
    • Rain on Your Parade (Console/Cloud/PC)
    • Pathway (PC)
    April 20th:
    • MLB The Show 21 (Console/Cloud)

Leaving Game Pass:
    April 15th:
    • Deliver Us The Moon (Console/PC)
    • Gato Roboto (Console/PC)
    • Wargroove (Console/PC)
    April 16th:
    • Madden 15-18, 25 (Console)
    • NHL 18 and 19 (Console)

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I recommend Deliver Us the Moon if you like space and adventure games. There are 2-3 annoyingly frustrating parts but otherwise it’s not difficult and I found it fun all the way through.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

I has a jealous. Both console wise and PC wise...

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Not big into baseball but baseball games are always a nice relaxing type of game to me...excited to see The Show after all these years of PS exclusivity

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Rockstar is doing a current gen upgrade this year supposedly, for online at least.

I'm still salty it didn't get a One X enhancement.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

It got an X1 enhancement. (Filled with all kinds of little, annoying fuckups.

• Options
    Rockstar tends to charge for upscaling, so that's why they didn't do a one x because it was too niche to charge people a third time for the same game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2021

X1, yes, but not 1X. Still runs at 1080p with a usually dogshit framerate in GTAO. Any improvement on an Xbox One X (over a regular Xbox One) is by virtue of general hardware improvements. Slightly quicker loading times is the only one of note. And the key word is "slightly".

Jazz on
  • Options

X1, yes, but not 1X. Still runs at 1080p with a usually dogshit framerate in GTAO. Any improvement on an Xbox One X (over a regular Xbox One) is by virtue of general hardware improvements. Slightly quicker loading times is the only one of note. And the key word is "slightly".

I know. I think Preacher's explanation is enough. Rockstar couldn't find a way to justify it.

• Options

I know. I think Preacher's explanation is enough. Rockstar couldn't find a way to justify it.

I mean that's 100% it, Rockstar only does it for money and there wasn't enough.

Interestingly GTA 5 is back on gamepass soonish if not already?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Rockstar tends to charge for upscaling, so that's why they didn't do a one x because it was too niche to charge people a third time for the same game.

That, and there's no way to sell "only an Xbox One X" game. Though I guess they could've wiggled there way into "And it's the much worse on Xbox One."

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    According to PlayStation, the decision to bring MLB The Show 21 to more platforms and Game Pass came straight from MLB.

“As part of the goal for this year’s game, MLB decided to bring the franchise to more players and baseball fans,” a PlayStation representative tells Inverse. “This decision provides a unique opportunity to further establish MLB The Show as the premier brand for baseball video games.”

Sony Interactive Entertainment agreed to support more platforms when it renewed its license agreement with MLB in late 2019. MLB appears to have gone further to get the game in the hands of as many players as possible.

Omdia Principal Analyst George Jijiashvili tells Inverse this move is primarily about expanding the series’ reach. “This is all about MLB finding a bigger audience, which took precedence over console manufacturer jousting,” he explains.

Ampere Analysis Research Director Piers Harding-Rolls considers this a practical move on MLB’s part. “From MLB’s point of view, this makes commercial sense as it opens up the content to a lot more players, especially in the US, but also keeps the established studio working on the game,” Harding-Rolls explains.

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/mlb-show-2021-xbox-game-pass-playstation-ps5-ps4

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

That, and there's no way to sell "only an Xbox One X" game. Though I guess they could've wiggled there way into "And it's the much worse on Xbox One."

Plenty of other games have managed "better on One X" without shooting themselves in the foot that way. Like, uh, all of them. (Well, except Cyberpunk, the exception that proves the rule.)

• Options

Plenty of other games have managed "better on One X" without shooting themselves in the foot that way. Like, uh, all of them. (Well, except Cyberpunk, the exception that proves the rule.)

The ability to do a thing is not the same as the desire to do a thing.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    According to PlayStation, the decision to bring MLB The Show 21 to more platforms and Game Pass came straight from MLB.

“As part of the goal for this year’s game, MLB decided to bring the franchise to more players and baseball fans,” a PlayStation representative tells Inverse. “This decision provides a unique opportunity to further establish MLB The Show as the premier brand for baseball video games.”

Sony Interactive Entertainment agreed to support more platforms when it renewed its license agreement with MLB in late 2019. MLB appears to have gone further to get the game in the hands of as many players as possible.

Omdia Principal Analyst George Jijiashvili tells Inverse this move is primarily about expanding the series’ reach. “This is all about MLB finding a bigger audience, which took precedence over console manufacturer jousting,” he explains.

Ampere Analysis Research Director Piers Harding-Rolls considers this a practical move on MLB’s part. “From MLB’s point of view, this makes commercial sense as it opens up the content to a lot more players, especially in the US, but also keeps the established studio working on the game,” Harding-Rolls explains.

I mean it never made sense to me that one of the major sports in the US did not have its showcase game available on all platforms.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

I mean it never made sense to me that one of the major sports in the US did not have its showcase game available on all platforms.

it used to, in fact the EA MLB games were incredibly good. Sony threw the MLB a shitload of money to make the show exclusive. Years later the MLB mandated that for Sony to continue on with the license than the game had to come to more platforms since clearly they felt the exclusivity deal was leaving money on the table and it's finally happening this year. I think it's fascinating that the xbox version is being published by the MLB directly and it's crazy it's not coming to PC as well.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    World Series Baseball '98 on the Saturn is the best baseball game ever, just do that with classier graphics.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Hardtarget wrote: »

it used to, in fact the EA MLB games were incredibly good. Sony threw the MLB a shitload of money to make the show exclusive. Years later the MLB mandated that for Sony to continue on with the license than the game had to come to more platforms since clearly they felt the exclusivity deal was leaving money on the table and it's finally happening this year. I think it's fascinating that the xbox version is being published by the MLB directly and it's crazy it's not coming to PC as well.

Yeah I remember playing a prior MLB game that wasn't the sony version and thinking its fun.

I'm just glad its on gamepass because I haven't played an MLB game in so long I don't even know if I'll like it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Not quite. MLB offered 3rd party exclusivity and 2K bought it. But the loophole was 1st party (console makers) could make one, too.

2K's games sucked and they just stopped making it. SONY was simply the only 1st party organisation willing or able to make one.

The expectation is certainly that part of renewing their 1st party license that MLB did encourage SONY to make multi-console versions (back in 2019!)

• Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    Enjoyed the first couple of hours of Outriders, but since I’ll be going at it solo, I’ll probably not bother. Also I still have AC Valhalla sitting here untouched from Christmas. That will likely require some sort of focus. Am interested in giving The Show a try, too.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Wargroove is cute and awesome and Advance Wars-y and one of the army commanders is an armored doggo who is an extremely Good Boy

• Options
    4K and HDR are sure a thing, aren't they.

Absolute sonofabitch to calibrate everything, but good lord, it improved the hell out of even WoT.

Yes, I know I have a tank problem. I can stop any time, really.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hm, guess I'd better try Gato Roboto sooner than later.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Someone recommend something that really leans into good 4k/HDR? Pretty sure I recall Cyberpunk does, but I want more things to put my new toy through its paces. AC:Odyssey?

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Someone recommend something that really leans into good 4k/HDR? Pretty sure I recall Cyberpunk does, but I want more things to put my new toy through its paces. AC:Odyssey?

Destiny 2?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Gears 5 looks great, on gamepass too