As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mystery Science Theater 3000] Season 13 done, Season 14 coming?

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Okay if you get the chance to go see them live before this tour is over, do it. We had a blast. On top of the movie riffing being really funny, we saw some really awesome cosplay including a lady as Dr. Forrester.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I hope they have a good lineup for turkey day this year

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Intermission time. The movie is No Retreat, No Surrender and wow it’s perfect for MST3K.

Ah, yeah. Nothing like an unknown JCVD playing a buff Russian stooge named Ivan with the world's thickest Belgian accent.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That wasn’t even the most insane part of that movie. The ghost of Bruce Lee coming back to teach some dumb kid in the most dickish way possible, and they couldn’t find someone that looked remotely like Lee?

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Intermission time. The movie is No Retreat, No Surrender and wow it’s perfect for MST3K.

Oh good, that's the one they are doing here too :) (tbh I thought it sounded more interesting than the Circus one anyways :D)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    The whole Bruce Lee ghost thing is easily one of the most bizarre ideas they could've come up with. Would it really have been that hard to just have an actual teacher he learns from?

Maybe they thought developing another character would take away from the irrationally vengeful fat guy's screen time.

edited November 2019
    Apostate wrote: »
    The whole Bruce Lee ghost thing is easily one of the most bizarre ideas they could've come up with. Would it really have been that hard to just have an actual teacher he learns from?

Maybe they thought developing another character would take away from the irrationally vengeful fat guy's screen time.

I feel like I heard somewhere that there's like this weird obsession with Bruce Lee in certain parts of the world (especially when it comes to these janky/bootleg-ish kinds of movies) so it's not that surprising to me. I think there's like an obscene number of crappy "Bruce Lee" movies starring look-a-likes for this reason.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    "Bruce Lee Clone Movie" is basically its own genre

• CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Ah, yeah. Nothing like an unknown JCVD playing a buff Russian stooge named Ivan with the world's thickest Belgian accent.
    "It is you. The son. Is it not?"

"But this time it'll be different. Russian"

Ivan flies into an insane rage

I fucking love that movie.

S...spoilers?
    The dad at the beginning in the space of 3 seconds? "Karate is not to be used for violence--but if I _have to_..."

All black people are intensely invested and immediately pitch in to save Jason's love life?

The fat stacks of montages... the plot that doesn't make sense in a country where people can own firearms?

I love that Bruce Lee's ghost, when he shows up, is terribly abusive! He teaches karate by just kicking the shit out of Jason and belittling him constantly.

Amazing.

11/10

CowShark on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The same show is coming here on December 4th, can't wait. Are the quips the same every show?

wVEsyIc.png
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The same show is coming here on December 4th, can't wait. Are the quips the same every show?

I think so, but there are a few localized jokes depending on where they are.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://twitch.tv/rifftrax

Also there's one for Rifftrax just in case you weren't too inundated with choices already.

• dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Joel just announced on Kickstarter that there won’t be a third season on Netflix. 😭

steam_sig.png
    Burn it all down.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Sad news, but I saw it coming, between the shortened second season and how cancel-happy Netflix got. On the plus side, there's like 47 other streaming services they could jump to now. Maybe VRV?

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
    Honestly if they get picked up by Hulu or Amazon I might just drop Netflix finally. They keep cancelling everything I enjoy, so clearly I’m not who they want purchasing their service.

edited February 2020
    Oh, I forgot to update that I saw the live show last week and it was awesome :D That No Retreat, No Surrender movie was... wow...

Warlock82 on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The live shows are great. It's too bad they don't turn them into actual episodes.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    MST3k is doing a live stream starting in 12 minutes. It's on YouTube and I'm gonna watch it.

Awww I missed it. Can you watch it anywhere still or was it live only?

• Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    Awww I missed it. Can you watch it anywhere still or was it live only?

It should be available on the mst3k YT page. Joel wanted it to last for a while.

Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXMttOWzLY

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    I don't want to get in trouble for posting Kickstarter links, but it appears there's a new MST3K revival KS launching tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Snakes?

• HerculePyroHerculePyro Lord Mayor's CroupierRegistered User regular
    Chief?

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    BANG!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    McCloud?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Chief?

McCloud!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOODIUM!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    SLEEEEPPPPPP

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

that's an old chestnut

I am excited for the possibility of any new MST3K, says the person who built his own Tom Servo and Crow and is currently wearing a hoodie he got at the last MST3K Live Show.

They are self funding season 13! It will go as long as they get money. Also their own streaming thing.

• Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    They are self funding season 13! It will go as long as they get money. Also their own streaming thing.

It's a good idea. Joel is trying to future proof this venture. I think he has the community and backing to do it. Here's to hoping they get the $5 million to have all the goodies.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
    PACKERS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    ARE YALL....

READY FOE SOME FOOTBALLLLLLL!!!!!!
    BANG

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hellsyeah I backed it.

Also, Gamera is friend to children.
    Daddy, I want a Coke.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Can we get a link to the Kickstart?