As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Where are you gonna display it?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

He should put it in the bathroom to scare visitors when they go in.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Funny you should ask.... :D

A couple hours later I decided to tackle transforming. It was... surprisingly easier and more intuitive than I was expecting! I had to consult the official video a couple times to see where clips went, but there is a lot of smart engineering in here to get things in place and then out of the way.

The inside is very much like Primus and Darth Vader before him. Especially Darth Vader, with the fold-up panels that clip into each other.

HaUDgIVh.jpg

sxrScCRh.jpg

Wakka wakka wakka...

The hardest joints (because they had never been assembled/disassembled) were the points that held the arms and legs together. Once unfurled they were fine, but man a lot of force was needed.

GqdS5Sch.jpg

But... a bit later?

7dCDXSWh.jpg

I am glad he does have shoulder and waist articulation. The waist I knew about, the shoulder I was afraid to do because of some clips that I wasn't sure if they were seated right.

He can't splay his fingers like Predaking can, but that's okay. If it is a huge deal someone will make aftermarket parts.

Obligatory size comparison pic:

VRojGArh.jpg

(I'd have gotten more but I couldn't be bothered)

As for where he lives? Why... only in the most dangerous part of the apartment, where he is liable to take a tumble at any time!

ekrOzAbh.jpg

(In actuality he's on there VERY securely and the stand is really stable. The display stand's a little tilted but I've had tons of things up there without issue, and if push comes to shove I can physically secure the base.)

He... kinda towers over things in this position.

ZrpvWL4h.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I am so freakin jealous.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Amazon Austraila just accidently leaked a whole bunch of upcoming Transformers figures. Besides the G1 entries (Galvatron, Wreck-Gar, Slag and Daniel, "King" Starscream, Gnaw, Pipes, Slammer, Tracks, a Sweep (Might be Swoop?)) and remaining S1 Beast Wars characters (Rhinox, Scorponok, Waspinator, Tigatron, and Terrorsaur in a subline)

there's a few interesting entries

Project Park - The project names are used for collaborative projects (Gigawatt was Project Future, Maverick was Project Cruise) and this is likely the rumored Jurrassic Park T-Rex using Kindom Leader Megatron)

Project Bat - A totally out of left field entry that suggests it's Batman related. The Tim Burton batmobile, maybe? I guess you can it slap fight with the X-Men Blackbird.

Artfire (In G1, he was the Japanese exclusive redeco of Inferno, packaged with a targetmaster)

Shadow Panther (Not Beast Wars Ravage, except for when he is.)

Gold Bug.

Sideswipe with "Nightprowler" I dunno who Nightprowler is, but Nightstick was Artfire's targetmaster partner.

And a bunch of entries that are seemingly releases but may be a rumored Shattered Glass (Transformers' version of the mirror universe where heroic decepticons do battle with evil Autobots) releases for the likes of Prime, Megatron, Jetfire and more. Gold Bug and Blurr might be in this category too.

A new subline "Golden Voyage" which includes, Terrorsaur, Tigatron, Jackpot (An G1 actionmaster) and Puffer (possibly a brazillian variant of the Pipes/Huffer mold)

Plus some weird nonsense like "New Bone", an Autobot core class fossilizer? And some kind of Unicron-varient of Galvatron?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

He should put it in the bathroom to scare visitors when they go in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MMqlzXo1k8

• Options
    Amazon Austraila just accidently leaked a whole bunch of upcoming Transformers figures. Besides the G1 entries (Galvatron, Wreck-Gar, Slag and Daniel, "King" Starscream, Gnaw, Pipes, Slammer, Tracks, a Sweep (Might be Swoop?)) and remaining S1 Beast Wars characters (Rhinox, Scorponok, Waspinator, Tigatron, and Terrorsaur in a subline)

there's a few interesting entries

Project Park - The project names are used for collaborative projects (Gigawatt was Project Future, Maverick was Project Cruise) and this is likely the rumored Jurrassic Park T-Rex using Kindom Leader Megatron)

Project Bat - A totally out of left field entry that suggests it's Batman related. The Tim Burton batmobile, maybe? I guess you can it slap fight with the X-Men Blackbird.

Artfire (In G1, he was the Japanese exclusive redeco of Inferno, packaged with a targetmaster)

Shadow Panther (Not Beast Wars Ravage, except for when he is.)

Gold Bug.

Sideswipe with "Nightprowler" I dunno who Nightprowler is, but Nightstick was Artfire's targetmaster partner.

And a bunch of entries that are seemingly releases but may be a rumored Shattered Glass (Transformers' version of the mirror universe where heroic decepticons do battle with evil Autobots) releases for the likes of Prime, Megatron, Jetfire and more. Gold Bug and Blurr might be in this category too.

A new subline "Golden Voyage" which includes, Terrorsaur, Tigatron, Jackpot (An G1 actionmaster) and Puffer (possibly a brazillian variant of the Pipes/Huffer mold)

Plus some weird nonsense like "New Bone", an Autobot core class fossilizer? And some kind of Unicron-varient of Galvatron?

Oooh, some of those are interesting to me. Pipes is a must buy along if Gold Bug is a Neflix Bumblebee version with the correct head and paint job. I thought that the Sweep is indeed a Sweep to army build behind Cyclonus and Scourge? They really are doing a great job with the newer releases. I'm still debating on picking up a Grimlock, but my shelves say "no".

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    somewhat interested in Slag, JP Megatron and kinda interested in the bat mobile one (if true)

I’d like another shot at Gnaw too.

• Options
    There's now some chatter that Project Bat isn't Batman related, but might be, honest to god, Dracula related.

• Options
    There's now some chatter that Project Bat isn't Batman related, but might be, honest to god, Dracula related.

Err... ok... that is weird.

On another good note, the last of the MP Seekers is now up for pre-order. So now I will have the entire trio in MP size for the first time. I do find it funny that Starscream was the most expensive and now Skywarp is the cheapest. I really do hope that they don't redo the coneheads since I have a full set of those, but I can see them doing that.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Sadly, I don't think we live in a cool enough timeline where we get a Dragula transformer.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    On mobile, can't post pics, but official pics of Kingdom Galvatron, BW Scorponok, and The Ark are up!

The ark needs some major 3rd party panel work but otherwise looks great.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    On mobile, can't post pics, but official pics of Kingdom Galvatron, BW Scorponok, and The Ark are up!

The ark needs some major 3rd party panel work but otherwise looks great.

I'll post the link to the TFW post with the IGN photos.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/04/07/transformers-kingdom-leader-galvatron-deluxe-scorponok-and-titan-class-autobot-ark-revealed-431070

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Gonna need to figure out how I’m going to swing the Ark and where I’m going to put it.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Gonna need to figure out how I’m going to swing the Ark and where I’m going to put it.

Isn't it obvious? Stuffed in a pile of pillows that are in the shape of a volcano.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    That Scorponok looks awesome in beast mode, but so disproportionate in robot mode.

• Options
    More high-end toys need well done screw covers.

cxBmjofl.jpg

• Options
    So the Ark has TWO different obscure G1 references.

The first is the Ark itself, which appears to turn into the Last Autobot.

The second is his chest turns into Teletraan 1 and has it's own robot mode, which appears to be heavily based off of Actionmaster Mainframe.

Man, I really needed to skip this one. I have no room for it! Probably will grab all of the core G1 figures to go with it as well.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Metroplex, Fort Max, Trypticon, Scorpinok, Omega Supreme, even fuckin‘ Skylynx... all have base modes

The Ark, the actual Autobot base... no base mode

I... kinda hate this

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    So the Ark has TWO different obscure G1 references.

The first is the Ark itself, which appears to turn into the Last Autobot.

The second is his chest turns into Teletraan 1 and has it's own robot mode, which appears to be heavily based off of Actionmaster Mainframe.

Man, I really needed to skip this one. I have no room for it! Probably will grab all of the core G1 figures to go with it as well.

Ohhh, so THAT'S what the other bot is in the photos of the Ark. I was wondering where Teletraan-1 comes from and who that bot is. That is pretty cool. I also didn't realize that his face/head is the Autobot logo.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Decided to scoot my transformers down to have a pokemon shelf, and I think for now my display is done.
    fj8vcx0ntp1s.jpg
    ydl0d7z7odjd.jpg

I also got a display case from Micheal's I plan to run blacklight LEDs through to display my Blacklight collection out of box eventually too

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    BBTS has a third party Omega Supreme looking toy on sale for a bit over half price at $249.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/129120

Or the non-metallic version, for $229.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/50430

I'm not going to spend 250 bucks on a shiny new toy (possible exception for Lego spaceships...), but I thought it might be of interest to someone here.

• Options
    For context, that is the Omega Supreme from the War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron games on the Xbox 360, circa 2010 or so. It's cool to see it being re-released!

• Options
    Ok I ordered this on a whim from Amazon, it's very clearly unlicensed but surprisingly nice. Not hollow like I expected, it has some weight to it.
    adznbsecd9ob.jpg
    For 15 bucks not bad!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    "I am Poke Man."

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    You guys see this?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Yup. And I have no interest, personally. :)

It's a cool robot toy, but a pretty basic G1 Optimus. So what would happen is I'd spend about 15-20 minutes playing with it, and then move on. It isn't well suited to shelf display. That is in no way worth the money, to me at least.

On the other hand, the Shattered Glass Blurr will probably be mine, as will the rest of the line. Though I am not sure if I'm gonna pop open the box or not.

• Options
    Funko shop dropped an exclusive today (Pietro Maximoff) after teasing it for months

See notification
    Add to cart
    Checkout button
    "Sorry but one or more items in your cart are sold out"

Okay bots, it wasn't even a full 30 seconds that time

• Options
    edited April 2021
    HexDex wrote: »
    You guys see this?

Yeah, I just saw the reveal in the Hasbro Pulse Fan Fest!!! Holy cow!!! I so, yeah... I can't wait for that to actually drop. Sadly I don't want to buy it since it is $700 and 19" tall!!! I'd kill for it to be a bit smaller.

Here's the page for Optimus Prime:
    https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-optimus-prime-auto-converting-programmable-advanced-robot-collectors-edition

But @HexDex there is something coming out later this year you'll want!

hasbro_core_soundwave.jpg

Sadly it doesn't look like Lazerbeak transforms, but man this guy is tiny and only $10! It is their "core class" which are really cool minifigs. Seems that Takara/Hasbro has been paying attention to the 3P Legends class figures coming out and made a few for this line.

I put in pre-orders for the Shattered Glass Blur, weapons set (might cancel later), Tracks, Galvatron, and Rodimus Prime. I might cancel the last two if I think about it more since they are rather big.

Edit: Put in the Hasbro Link to buy one if you are a Pulse Premium user. Also added in what I pre-ordered.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I got a baseball bat display case from Micheal's for 30 bucks, tossed some blacklight LEDs in there, and bam! DIY display case for my Blacklight Pops.

lftposh644pv.jpg
    7ncgcytjsogf.jpg

tncthodzusvg.jpg

The translucent Mr. freeze isn't technically a Blacklight pop but all my Translucent Pops really lit up when I hung some more strips of blacklight around my room, so I tossed him in there. He'll probably be rotated out to squeeze in the X-men when they arrive.

There is a Alice in Wonderland Blacklight set coming, and while I love that movie it doesn't fit with my collection. I will probably skip... probably...

• Options
    I also invested in a bunch of Blacklight marvel posters, a handful from Funko but there's also this really sick poster art book coming out in August I have pre-ordered as well.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1419756222/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_XXB1RTVKX0EWGKJECRNM

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »
    You guys see this?

Yeah, it’s neat, but half the fun of TFs for me is the cool engineering and actually transforming it myself. That thing is like buying a puzzle that puts itself together. Plus that price, jeez

I think I’m skipping on the Ark... it just seems so simple and lacking compared to the other Titans. Something that big and costly needs more. Omega Supreme breaks apart into a cool base with a tank, tracks, and a rocket! Scorpinok is a robot, a scorpion, and a base! All the Ark really has going is the Teletraan bot?

Some cool TF stuff though. SG Blurr is fun.

I’m a sucker for all the Iron Man MLs though, especially that Modular Armor

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Galvatron sold out on Pulse. Is it weird he does absolutely nothing for me? His alt form is the dumbest thing ever.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Galvatron sold out on Pulse. Is it weird he does absolutely nothing for me? His alt form is the dumbest thing ever.

Wow, even before the pre-orders open for everyone else? That's pretty insane.

Galvatron has a lot of nostalgia for 80s kids. Its alt mode was another gun, with the "tripod" being an alternate transformation of sorts. It's like Megs in a sci-fi futuristic form. It's fine that it doesn't do anything for you. :)

• Options
    edited April 2021

Wow. Rodimus and Galvatron both selling out and the Ark is on the second listing. I would have never thought those would sell out. Looking at the FOMO orders I put in this morning I'm honestly thinking of cancelling my Rodimus, Galvatron, Tracks, and fire blast effects Fossilizer. Mainly because I have no attachment to Rodimus or Galvatron. Tracks is because I'm going to hope that the rumors of Road Rage is true and I'll pick that version up instead. The Fossilizer because well I'd rather have a fossil looking fossil in my collection and really don't need/care for the blast effects. I do want to keep the Shattered Glass Blur because I do want to get that mold version but not double up on Blur (since I have the Titan's version) and it has a cool comic coming with it.

I'm also hoping that I can snag all of the Star Wars Vintage line when they go up in 30 minutes... Going to bet not, but I can hope.

Edit: I am going to Wemble on the cancelling of my orders for at least a day or two before I actually do it. Heck, it took me almost a month to cancel previous ones I made through Hasbro because of my FOMO hitting me.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

Wow, even before the pre-orders open for everyone else? That's pretty insane.

Galvatron has a lot of nostalgia for 80s kids. Its alt mode was another gun, with the "tripod" being an alternate transformation of sorts. It's like Megs in a sci-fi futuristic form. It's fine that it doesn't do anything for you. :)

lol, I’m an 80s kid, you don’t have to explain it to me

I actually really like the previous version since it had an Arwing-esque alt mode as well

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I got the severance for my old job and decided to treat myself to Legacy Tommy figures for both Green and White Ranger... And tossed a Cheetor in the cart to get free shipping lol

• Options
    Whelp.

4:01 PM rolled around and we could click the pre-order buttons.

Got Shattered Glass Blurr, but not the Ark. Which is okay -- the exclusive was kind of the only thing I really wanted that was Hasbro online exclusive anyways.

• Options
    Woo! I managed to get all of the Vintages added and paid for. Plus tossed in a Koska Reeves since I have a Bo Katan coming and will make a female Mandalorian shelf with my current Sabine.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    And a few seconds later, Ark is available. Grr.

Edit: and sold out again! Fuck it.

Athenor on