As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Seems like a pretty profound measure of a life. How easily and accurately can I be parodied as a Nazi skeleton, to the point where my own supporters will say "Hey, this Nazi skeleton really reminded me of you"?

Final issue of the story arc, Cap and Skull square off against each other in an abandoned Borders (I don't know why that's just funny to me)

Cap takes one step forward and Skull immediately collapses to the ground, clutching his stomach in agony

Because it turns out you don't need to throw a shield to defeat someone who's been eating nothing but beef and salt for two months

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Seems like a pretty profound measure of a life. How easily and accurately can I be parodied as a Nazi skeleton, to the point where my own supporters will say "Hey, this Nazi skeleton really reminded me of you"?

Final issue of the story arc, Cap and Skull square off against each other in an abandoned Borders (I don't know why that's just funny to me)

Cap takes one step forward and Skull immediately collapses to the ground, clutching his stomach in agony

Because it turns out you don't need to throw a shield to defeat someone who's been eating nothing but beef and salt for two months

Did Ta-Nehisi Coates actually write this

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Activists steal away memorial to treason in the service of slavery, threaten to transform it into more appropriate form:

A Confederate monument valued at $500,000 was stolen in March from a Selma cemetery, officials confirmed today.

This morning, a group that claims to have taken the monument, the Jefferson Davis Memorial Chair, sent emails to AL.com saying they will give the chair to the United Daughters of the Confederacy if that organization agrees to hang a banner outside its Richmond, Va. headquarters.

In those emails, a group calling itself White Lies Matter say they stole the chair from the Old Live Oak Cemetery and are demanding that the UDC hang a large banner at 1 p.m. on Friday — the anniversary of the Confederacy’s surrender in the Civil War — and leave it there for 24 hours.

And if the UDC doesn't hang the banner, they are converting the chair into a toilet. Also, can I say that the name "White Lies Matter" for a group targeting the UDC - one of the main sponsors of the Lost Cause Movement - is brilliant snark? Their note was well executed as well:

this-is-badass-open-thread.jpg

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Trending on Twitter in the Politics category: Jimmy Neutron

...Yeah okay.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Activists steal away memorial to treason in the service of slavery, threaten to transform it into more appropriate form:

A Confederate monument valued at $500,000 was stolen in March from a Selma cemetery, officials confirmed today.

This morning, a group that claims to have taken the monument, the Jefferson Davis Memorial Chair, sent emails to AL.com saying they will give the chair to the United Daughters of the Confederacy if that organization agrees to hang a banner outside its Richmond, Va. headquarters.

In those emails, a group calling itself White Lies Matter say they stole the chair from the Old Live Oak Cemetery and are demanding that the UDC hang a large banner at 1 p.m. on Friday — the anniversary of the Confederacy’s surrender in the Civil War — and leave it there for 24 hours.

And if the UDC doesn't hang the banner, they are converting the chair into a toilet. Also, can I say that the name "White Lies Matter" for a group targeting the UDC - one of the main sponsors of the Lost Cause Movement - is brilliant snark? Their note was well executed as well:

this-is-badass-open-thread.jpg

Update: they pooped in the chair and wiped with the Confederate flag.

Tweeter is a Washington Post reporter.

That'll get an Oh Hell Yeah from me

8A2mLf4.gif

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Where's the banner they're wanting to be hung? I can't seem to find a picture of it.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    that rules so fuckin' hard, it almost rules as hard as Rush Limbaugh shitting himself to death, because he's dead and he died by shitting himself

Is that a Union uniform

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Sure seems to be

(same reporter linked earlier)

Label on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Where's the banner they're wanting to be hung? I can't seem to find a picture of it.

It's a quote, “The rulers of this country have always considered their property more important than our lives.”

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Good on him for wearing a fake moustache.

effective facial obscuration and thematic flavour in one

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That dude rules and I wish my dad was that cool, or that I will be that cool at his age.

Assuming he's older than me, of course. If he's younger than me I guess I'm proper hosed.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Rush would have been furious about the Jefferson Davis chair. But he isn't. He can't be furious, because he's dead.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Apparently it’s the 8-year anniversary of Thatcher kicking the bucket, so...huzzah?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I've said it before, but I wish Rush was alive so that I could watch him die again

JtgVX0H.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    wait you watched him die?!?!?

and you didn't film it for the rest of us??

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Give a wee honk if thatcher is still dead

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

i watch this on repeat every time it comes up

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ya know, Tom Cotton is right. We need to have more White Extremists, corrupt politicians, corrupt billionaires who climbed over corpses to get where they are, and whomever decided to invent Kranch in prison

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

It was just me living in the moment, not a cellphone in sight

JtgVX0H.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

It was just me living in the moment, not a cellphone in sight

Obviously. Not like he could be living in the moment, the dead, old fuck.

Pretty much the only downside of Rush being dead is it only happens once

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Give a wee honk if thatcher is still dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCAnnLRcgY&ab_channel=Limmy

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Did Steve Chowder end up dying

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Hobnail wrote: »

It's Chowdah
    CHOWDAH!

I'LL KILL YOU!

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

It's Chowdah
    CHOWDAH!

I'LL KILL YOU!

I’ll kill all of you!

Especially the members of the jury!!!

Is this an actual person or a funny misspelling of the YouTube dipshit

shmimby pimby is absolutely a real person but also a youtube dipshit I think.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    margaret thatcher, a UK politician so vile that even people outside the UK know about her

liEt3nH.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    oh the above tweet was about pissing on margaret thatcher, you know, for context

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    margaret thatcher, a UK politician so vile that even people outside the UK know about her

we didn't even hear about the guy that got another uk politician shot and killed!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

BREAKING Politico: The legal peril Matt Gaetz is facing appeared to increase sharply after a court hearing indicated that former Seminole County, FL tax collector Joel Greenberg is likely cooperating with federal prosecutors.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/08/key-figure-in-matt-gaetz-probe-likely-cooperating-with-federal-prosecutors-480289
    “I am sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today,” Greenberg's defense attorney, Fritz Scheller, said after the hearing.

Kyle Griffin is a senior producer at MSNBC.

KalTorak on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

yeah like, I don't even know specifically why she's so hated, but I sure do know that she's extremely hated!

yeah like, I don't even know specifically why she's so hated, but I sure do know that she's extremely hated!

How much time do you have

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I know the generals of why she's hated but I suspect I could only know the full breadth of her crimes if I'd lived in the UK during them

This discussion has been closed.