As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Outer Worlds] Like New Vegas but with the color green

1222324252628»

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I finished Peril on Gorgon the other day and agree with Ivan Hunger’s assessment. I should also note that there’s a bunch of new unique weapons and armor. I also picked up three new science weapons, not sure if there are more.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Just played through this thing because I found it was available on Game Pass (and I hadn't realized it still wasn't available on Steam.)

More than Fallout NV, it gave me a really strong KOTOR vibe, and it was something I really liked. I'll probably end up getting the Gold Edition (or whatever they want to call it) once it's on sale on Steam to continue the adventures.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Just finished the second and final DLC for The Outer Worlds, Murder on Eridanos.

I'll let these Futurama clips summarize the events:

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    It’s pretty great dlc! There are some magnificent dumb conversation options, especially near the end:
    You’re asked to identify the killer and you can accuse yourself. And with a high enough engineering or science skill, can’t remember which, you can argue that statistically most murders in the colony are committed by you. Which is probably true. The companion reactions to the whole thing are pure gold.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    It’s pretty great dlc! There are some magnificent dumb conversation options, especially near the end:
    You’re asked to identify the killer and you can accuse yourself. And with a high enough engineering or science skill, can’t remember which, you can argue that statistically most murders in the colony are committed by you. Which is probably true. The companion reactions to the whole thing are pure gold.

I might do a dumb playthrough one day, just for the dialogue.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

I might do a dumb playthrough one day, just for the dialogue.

It's really good. They went full blown with it. Some of the skill checks were rewritten for being dumb. There's a couple of separate dumb endings. I played with it the first time and I don't think I'd want to play without.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    For the information of anyone who isn't following E3 news:

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    This was a smart way to say they have nothing to show yet lol. I like that its a new galaxy and the potential continuity between games is the companies

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Just started murder on eridanos , love the cheesy 50 sci-fi intro.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I got The Outer Worlds through the Microsoft store, but I think I am going to get the gog version because it is DRM free.

I don't like how the Microsoft Store appifies programs like it is on a smartphone.