As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »
    I find it really weird that
    the average Guardian is apparently dumber and less moral than your average Destiny player, since it looks like only a minority of the fanbase has any trouble understanding Crow isn't Uldren Sov (hell, even Sov was corrupted and manipulated, but that's a separate issue) and that murdering him over his face is completely psychotic.

It took us weeks to convince one of our raidmates to not hate Crow for the sins of Uldren. I think you underestimate the average Destiny player.

Was it Vagabond ?

Hey!

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    (I'm actually glad I kept a decent amount of Thresh rolls in case this day came)

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    (I'm actually glad I kept a decent amount of Thresh rolls in case this day came)

So did I.

Weapon hoarding pays off again!

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I guess I do have an adept Palindrome with thresh, range mw, hammerforged, killing wind. And a Bottom Dollar with thresh, accurized.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Oooh my only GM last week got me a Thresh Adept Pally as well, so I guess may as well keep it.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    This Grandmaster gave my group some trouble, but we got it done after a few tries.

For anyone doing this, be aware that the radius of the environmental electricity is much larger than it would seem based on the visuals.

edited April 2021
    Forgot to share some choice hatemail from this past weekend, both from teams we beat higher up on the card in trials
    j7tdlasbtpsf.png

jqo7k5lon355.jpg
    Don't worry I reported the second guy and he got a comms ban lol
    lxduxb201dn9.png

Local H Jay on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I have no idea what the first guy is trying to say

Crippl3 wrote: »
    I have no idea what the first guy is trying to say

He was teabagging me the whole match so I assume it was something friendly

edited April 2021
    We got the GM done last night. Took a few tries but overall not too tricky. Just had to learn a bit of the timing on the spawns around the Warsat event (kill the turrets on the skiffs, #1 priority) and where to hole up in the first room in the bunker. The hardest part was getting that stupid arc hall run with the ball down. We ended up posting someone at either end while I ran the ball. I died right as I dunked it and so did Potato and we were down to 0 rezzes going into the next section but honestly everything after the arc hall was easy as hell up until the boss. There's tons of cover and places to retreat to in those areas. Boss felt a bit hectic but we actually 1-shot it with only a single almost wipe when the boss teleported right on top of us and killed 2 of us. The biggest thing with the boss is he's got some random attack I can't figure out any tell for that will just straight up 1-shot you instantly with no warning or visual queues.

We ran Banner Titan/Well Warlock/Stasis Warlock. Stasis did good work in a lot of the inside rooms. The turret sees right through invisibility and so worked really well at stopping the rushers that get into melee range with you who are the real bastards.

shryke on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    This control match really makes me think that Bungie did something with matchmaking to take it beyond connection based, lol at these ELOs. I'm not complaining exactly, although those guys did play better as a team and did kick our asses, but I browse through DTR pretty regularly to see how I did and you hardly ever see that concentration of diamonds* in one match.

*yes I'm aware their ranking is unofficial and doesn't mean anything but it's still a pretty good indication of relative skill and those top guys on the other team all had gilded Unbroken or Flawless titles on.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    What I always used to see when I cared to look it up is you'd have say, 6 1500s and 6 1100s for example, and rather than 3 and 3 on each side, you'd have 6 1500s vs 6 1100s, which I mean...they could be grouped, but it just seemed to happen so much and they didn't have the same clan tags.

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Finally got a Cuirass of the Falling Star. Mediocre stat distro though. Could be worse, I suppose! It could have 20+ resilience!

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I’m liking Battle Harmony, Salvagers Salvo and that arc sword that can shoot projectiles feeding Chaos Reach is pretty fun, just wish I could get a better roll on it, i think its 53-55... Rerunning the LS doesnt seem to give anything useful.

Sirialis on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Xur's engram is a one in a jillion shot but they can pop out of there, I got a second necrotic grip a few weeks ago from him.

Yeah, re-running the LS hoping for a specific set of armor (even within a category) sounds like a mind-numbing task. May as well just take my chances with any old exotic engram.

The exotics that drop from the legendary lost sectors seem to give you either the new exotics in that slot or at least pieces you don't have yet (can't tell which cause I had all the exotics but the new ones). But once you get that first drop of the new exotics, it's 100% random which exotic in that slot you get. Which makes farming extra rolls of any particular exotic a complete crapshoot.

It's still a better chance of getting the one you want then any other method out there, but that doesn't mean it's a good chance.

I want a Falling Star but didn't really enjoy trying to do Master LS on my not-main character, I probably managed 2-3 completes before stopping entirely.

I will say, Bakris has kinda broken me. Before I started using it I was Sixth Coyote all day but now it's hard for me to go back. It's just too filthy good especially as someone who likes to run swords.
    https://youtu.be/3PxexuZqRos

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    The exotics that drop from the legendary lost sectors seem to give you either the new exotics in that slot or at least pieces you don't have yet (can't tell which cause I had all the exotics but the new ones). But once you get that first drop of the new exotics, it's 100% random which exotic in that slot you get. Which makes farming extra rolls of any particular exotic a complete crapshoot.

It's still a better chance of getting the one you want then any other method out there, but that doesn't mean it's a good chance.

I still havent gotten any exotics after getting the new ones in 20 runs+ afterwards.

Why cant it just be a little rewarding? I think I got a few paltry enhancement cores.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

I still havent gotten any exotics after getting the new ones in 20 runs+ afterwards.

Why cant it just be a little rewarding? I think I got a few paltry enhancement cores.

Them dropping literally nothing most times really speaks to bungies "you play halo over and over, you should get loot for doing it" base philosophy.

steam_sig.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

Don't ever buy a lottery ticket.

Are you running the 1300 or the 1330? I've never gone more than eleven runs and not gotten anything in the 1300...but 11 is a lot. 20 plus I'd go berserk.

The 1330 is more rewarding.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    edited April 2021

If you are clearing all the champs, it sounds like you are just getting super unlucky. Because Bungie is silly and tends to default to pure RNG systems. But the drop rate on exotics is still ~20% for the lower level version and ~25% for the higher level version.

shryke on
    So apparently the seasonal challenge for kills wearing "any set of full armor" actually means "praefectus armor ony"

GJ bungie, really nailed that one.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Attention to detail, not their strong point.

On the bright side, it goes pretty quickly in battlegrounds.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    I read the text of that challenge and immediately thought "They mean the seasonal armour, right? Cause that's the only thing that makes sense even though this is written to not say it". And yeah, I was right and they just suck at tooltips and descriptions.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    At least this time the tooltip just accidentally a word, instead of being outright wrong like some quests have been.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    One of the Solstice requirements had the wrong description two years in a row. Let's see if Bungie can pull off the hat trick!

I'll have to knock it out real quick on one of my alt chars, as my titan main is missing praefectus arms (cuz I deleted them cuz they suck cuz I didn't know I'd need them). So that's annoying. But it'll go quick, yeah.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'll have to knock it out real quick on one of my alt chars, as my titan main is missing praefectus arms (cuz I deleted them cuz they suck cuz I didn't know I'd need them). So that's annoying. But it'll go quick, yeah.

Multiple of each piece are available from the season track if you haven’t pulled all of those yet

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I wonder, after Synthesis or whatever comes out next season, they'll stop with the "Do X wearing M pieces of Y armor", it will change to "Armor with Y ornament", or if they'll just require you to use seasonal armor anyway and if you already consumed it for synthesis too bad.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian

Multiple of each piece are available from the season track if you haven’t pulled all of those yet

Sadly I hadn't yet learned to game the pinnacle grind and had claimed them, like a fool!

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50237

New this week at Bungie.

Big ol news on Nerfs and Buffs - Bastion gets Inherent Unstoppable (...I'm a little confused it dosent get inherent Anti Barrier instead, but hey), and some more spread. 120s are getting range nerfs. Other stuff!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    The mad lads did it. They removed Quickdraw from both Felwinters and Astral. Damn.

With shotguns getting the Quickdraw nerf, and Bastion potentially being nerfed (guess we'll see) I think this means what I've always wanted... BREACH LOADER GL META baybeeeee!

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    With shotguns getting the Quickdraw nerf, and Bastion potentially being nerfed (guess we'll see) I think this means what I've always wanted... BREACH LOADER GL META baybeeeee!

Are we still friends on Xbox? I need to send you a hate message and get temp banned from Live real quick...

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Big ol news on Nerfs and Buffs - Bastion gets Inherent Unstoppable (...I'm a little confused it dosent get inherent Anti Barrier instead, but hey), and some more spread. 120s are getting range nerfs. Other stuff!

Inherent anti barrier would be a PvP buff and they're trying to make it a bit weaker in PvP, so that's probably why it gets unstoppable instead.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    I've always thought it's a little insane that Bastion can kill supers in PvP, that and it can tear down a titan barricade in just under two shots, which mean the last burst of the second shot can kill whoever is standing behind the barricade.

In general I'm glad Bastion is getting the hammer, even if it's a soft touch to start.

I never got an Astral Horizon with quickdraw so...

Woo hoo! Everyone gets nerfed but me!

Arteen wrote: »
    I never got an Astral Horizon with quickdraw so...

Woo hoo! Everyone gets nerfed but me!

The sad thing is I'm not a big shotgun guy, I only started using mine this past week lmao. Atleast I didn't get too attached.