As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Shadowguys: Next expansion announced! "Endwalker"

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    big numbers good

Sadly numbers are now too big and Yoshi is taking them away in Endwalker. Sadf.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the trick is to unbind your movement keys and only use between the lines and AM to move

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    big numbers good

you will still have the biggest numbers

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I can sum up my thoughts about pace in dungeon very simply. The tank hits the gas, the healer hits the brakes. The DPS is just along for the ride.

But who’s steering? And does everyone have their seatbelts on?

DPS who don't stand in AoEs have their seatbelts on.

YoshiP is steering.

admanb on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    big numbers good

my friend, I think you'll find that smaller numbers are often larger than bigger numbers

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I've never had more hp as WAR then when I broke 9999 hp in late ARR

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    now that the blm quests have gotten me all excited to explode things(I changed to twin tails for the duration because it felt right), it's time to start shb. I am going to retcon every post conversation with people whispering "why is the warrior light running around wearing a spriggan head?"

Jars on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I wondered if they dropped Hatching-tide this year. Turns out, no, it's just later than usual.

DRpZQfra0BnUyUyIqPUAtwnypY.jpg

Let the papaya commence!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    wait hold on
    was the wol just visibly distraught at the thought of farming tomes in this world too?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    wait hold on
    was the wol just visibly distraught at the thought of farming tomes in this world too?
    Yes. I don't recall how she got that idea, but there's not that many possible culprits.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Hey has anyone else been lagging this week? Had some weird spikes last night and am having more tonight, as are a couple other people in my raid.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Hey has anyone else been lagging this week? Had some weird spikes last night and am having more tonight, as are a couple other people in my raid.

Hey, ever had lag start getting nasty in Castrum? Let me tell you it cannot handle trying to catch up in there, it just goes all to hell. Lost like 20k mettle to deaths. ...still cleared by some miracle so came out ahead but jesus christ.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    2 bit mord crime ring: "here's some cash, forget what you saw here"
    wol: "okay"

wol not down with snitching it seems

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular

Saw a bunch of folks complaining about that in raids tonight. Word was it's a comcast issue.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    akajaybay wrote: »

Saw a bunch of folks complaining about that in raids tonight. Word was it's a comcast issue.

This is a common issue with FF14's net routing, related to Comcast and NTT specifically - especially if you are in the Northeast NA. It will basically remove your entire night because when it starts happening it's generally going to happen until the next day. I eventually just got a VPN and routed around that shit and I've never had a problem again.

Unrelated, in FF14 news there's a brief overview of some QoL changes coming in 5.5. One of the biggest ones is a "release menu" for fishing so you can choose ahead of time which fish to auto-release.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/003116.html
    Ever go fishing and catch a hefty amount of fish while also releasing the ones you don't want... and then accidentally put your rod away? Now you need to build up all those release targets again.

In Patch 5.5, you'll be able to select which types of fish you'd like to release automatically ahead of time!

8ee69da9f2d69ff68b0483bd940ea34ff076ea33.png

Fish you haven't caught yet won't be available for selection, so you won't need to worry about accidentally releasing new fish you were aiming to catch.

We hope this makes fishing more enjoyable for all the Anglers of Light out there!

Donnicton on
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    xU5Z5us.png

Ok, now there's an emote I need.

Guessing it'll be Ishgard scrips again, like all the other eating ones.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Best. News. Today.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    SMH at people that can remember what hairstyle has what name could not be me

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i remember rainmaker specifically because it was only available during one Make It Rain campaign, never got added to the cash shop, is M'naago's hairstyle, and Stilts uses it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    i remember rainmaker specifically because it was only available during one Make It Rain campaign, never got added to the cash shop, is M'naago's hairstyle, and Stilts uses it

It's the closest hairstyle I can get to FFX Rikku's

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Hmm
    Is the hairstyle of the beastmaster guy in bozja close to her ffx-2 hair?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The beastmaster hair is modeled after Jecht, so it's superficially similar but it's significantly shorter than Rikku's.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    oh yeaaaah it does look like jecht doesn't it, ha I didn't even notice that because of Lyon having white hair and a big beard

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    While waiting on roulettes, I've been flying around old ARR zones since I never did that back when they first added flying to them.

Today I was in Coerthas. Anyone know what the hell this is supposed to be? It's near the dungeon where you first meet Ysayle. It looks like a Garlean Castrum, I think.

5dyjnud2h4i8.jpg

I checked Mor Dhona and it doesn't match the Castrum there, so not sure what it is.

• Options
    Looks like the one off the coast of thanalan

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Castrum Aquilonis

It's not used for anything, the garleans abandoned it before it was completed
    Looks like the one off the coast of thanalan

It's the same model as marinum yeah

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Castrum Aquilonis

Is it talked about anywhere in game? I must have missed or forgotten it.

Giant imposing abandoned building? Sounds ripe for being infested with ghosts or voidsent or something.

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Castrum Aquilonis

Is it talked about anywhere in game? I must have missed or forgotten it.

Giant imposing abandoned building? Sounds ripe for being infested with ghosts or voidsent or something.

Not that I know of, it gets a bare mention on the wiki

It was a rush job that got abandoned when the climate of coerthas went through rapid change

• Options
    damn the hunt set gives you a full on retractable scythe. gonna need to farm some nut sacks

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    that's a map

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I like the way that the Ixal rep questline ended but this Direwolf mount is really disappointing.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    with all the variety of mounts in this game there's a lot of charm in using a regular old chocobo with a slick barding

Jars on
  • Options
    yeah my flying bed is cool and all but why would I not want to ride my red murderbirdhorse around

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    been just hitting random mount for years and not gonna stop now

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    yeah my flying bed is cool and all but why would I not want to ride my red murderbirdhorse around

Murderhorsebird.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    oh dear

I just met dulia-chai
    all the jokes of lalafells being food, coming home to roost

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    oh dear

I just met dulia-chai
    all the jokes of lalafells being food, coming home to roost

Dulia has powerful fun drunk aunt energy

• Options
    She's the very best character in shadowbringers

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    When she’s not having people defenestrated.

This discussion has been closed.