As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Extraction. Exploitation. Tubes. [Satisfactory]

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I think it's a journey for everyone who plays this game that you start off trying to do really careful load balancing and exact math and eventually just start making overflow manifolds. It's just so much easier.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the main reason I started doing them is because if you set them up right they make expanding a given line a snap rather than another headache

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    the main reason I started doing them is because if you set them up right they make expanding a given line a snap rather than another headache

Also if you decide to take some parts feeding into them to use elsewhere it just reduces production rather than completely buggering things.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I mostly do them because they look really cool, and allow you to do buildings where each floor has, like, 3 smelters, which then put their output back down the side of the building to come out the front. Then you just add floors and (usually) upgrade the external lifts whenever your mining and / or conveyor tech improves.

ED: Related: DAMMIT, UPDATE! Release!!

Elvenshae on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    play in experimental, live life on the edge

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    A few tips I like quite a bit: when connecting lifts and splitters and outputs in general, listen for a "chirp" sound - that's the game saying that you're lined up and ready to place something.

You can place lifts directly on inputs and outputs. Doing this on conveyor buses is a way to save a lot of floor space.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    So, blade runners huh?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Blade runners. Very yes.

play in experimental, live life on the edge

Fiiiiiiiiiine.

snutt kind of implied that an equipment rework is coming before 1.0 in one of the recent Q&As and I hope that comes with some way to equip both blade runners and the jetpack because man

man

does it suck to have to switch between them

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    snutt kind of implied that an equipment rework is coming before 1.0 in one of the recent Q&As and I hope that comes with some way to equip both blade runners and the jetpack because man

man

does it suck to have to switch between them

Yeah that sounds rough. And like the dirt of thing I'd bet there are more for already

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I don't think they're going to do multiple pieces of mobility gear, but I hope to god they let you wear a piece of mobility gear AND defensive gear at the same time.

Choosing between blade runners and jetpack sucks. Having to abandon using your jetpack to wear a hazmat suit is the absolute worst.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    There's just no good reason you can't wear boots and the jetpack at the same time, even if it was like a final tier unlock

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    There's just no good reason you can't wear boots and the jetpack at the same time, even if it was like a final tier unlock

Unless the mechanized leggings are to heavy for the Jetpack to work.

Your inventory is stored in a pocket dimension for a reason. :biggrin:

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The one thing I want is the ability to find things or get things from the awesome shop to customize the Hab living quarters.

Also it would be cool if you could sit down at the terminals in the Hab and use them to see detailed read outs of production and such across the entire map.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Unless the mechanized leggings are to heavy for the Jetpack to work.

Your inventory is stored in a pocket dimension for a reason. :biggrin:

Exactly, not a single good reason

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Does everyone know about alternating sliding and jumping while moving?

Cause if not, get ready to pretty much double your movement speed

I had... hundreds of gameplay hours before i learned about this

... whereas I figured it out almost immediately, as soon as I found out you could slide, because jumping and sliding everywhere is the sort of Morrowind-esque thing I go in for in games, apparently. :D

So, remember how my iron factory stalled out?

Yeah, i unlocked Smart Splitters. Not really an issue anymore:
    D691C5F7A163A62B55B7A3586863C68F1316BBF5

Factory's making Plates, Screws and Rods on it's three different levels, and then sending those down to make Reinforced Iron Plates, Rotors, and Smart Plating. Managed to get the Casted Screws recipe, which has really simplified things. It's a little choked by the rate Iron's coming in - it needs more, and needs to be making more screws, but until i get T3 Conveyors there's not a lot i can do to make it go faster.

Excess is captured for storage/general usage, and excess beyond that is being sent to Satisfactoryhalla in return for tickets.

Next goals tapping the Pure Cartemium i found and setting up a proper process for that, as well as getting Copper production properly up and automated so i get all the Wire, Cable and Sheeting i need. I smell a new factory incoming!

May have switched to Experimental soley for Ziplines.

I do not regret this choice at all

(Also i just hit the ability to do coal power, and with the changes coming, it makes sense to switch over now for the patch)

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    May have switched to Experimental soley for Ziplines.

I do not regret this choice at all

(Also i just hit the ability to do coal power, and with the changes coming, it makes sense to switch over now for the patch)

It's a late-game item, but I think the big game changer in Update 4 is the hoverpack.

edited April 2021
    So having found a nice area that's got 3 pure Iron nodes, a Pure copper node, 2 Pure Limestone, and it's nearbye to a Pure Cartenium and... kinda sorta within reasonable distance of a Pure Coal (Okay, it's a pretty long hike but the other pure coal is worse) I've started building out the basics to what's going to be my new suepr factory to handle Steel, Copper, Iron etc goodness.
    7F67EF45C540D4EABF3308E1BE0CB7FC95C44846

Creating these oversized modules in the void. They're stackable and can be tessellated easily, and they've got enough space to help me keep the spaghettis down. Which also should make organization, since i can dedicate each module to a specific task and then chain things together.

Bonus image: The start to Resource Road (It's going to have 2 Pure Lime, 3 Pure Iron and a Pure Copper traveling down it when it's done)
    4EA3DEFC33CF14C408F758C865E70A4EC7E31FB2

The Zombie Penguin on
    I'm trying a new thing where I'm putting walls on the underside of my foundation and run the conveyor along that wall.
    C26880822FC7A35A6CDCA4FECDEA9AD1F07A08D2

I guess if you put down a floor it was already possible to do this, but the hoverpack helps a lot.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I mean, I just have a massive subfloor for routing anyway,

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Plan your subfloor twice as tall as you think it needs to be

ikbUJdU.jpg
    webguy20 wrote: »
    This is a great way to do this. By stacking the splitters you can build a setup MUCH faster instead of trying to eyeball the stagger.

t5deemj2czts.png

I'm setting up compacted coal production for my next turbofuel power plant

I used this method of belting the assemblers and boy howdy was it ever quick and easy, gonna default to this from now on

MuddBudd wrote: »
    I mean, I just have a massive subfloor for routing anyway,

You know, that makes a lot of sense, but I didn't plan on that when I made my big floor and just randomly thought of this thing.

subfloors are great!

I only use them in big factories though, they're very helpful for long belt runs

Either way, the hoverpack will make building the subflooring way easier, as my factory is a massive platform spanning part of the northern canyons.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    subfloors are great!

I only use them in big factories though, they're very helpful for long belt runs

2 high subfloors for machines with 2 inputs and 3 high subs for 4 inputs. Production floors are always 4 high, except for the top floor of a big factory which is 6 for a nice epic feel.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Has an update broken in-place upgrading for miners? I'm finally starting to build mk3 miners and it's not letting me upgrade without deleting the existing miner.

I'm sure it worked when I went from mk1 to mk2 ages ago.

Peewi wrote: »
    Has an update broken in-place upgrading for miners? I'm finally starting to build mk3 miners and it's not letting me upgrade without deleting the existing miner.

you have to have all of the materials in your inventory, so the two autominers you used to make the Mark 2 miner don't count towards 3 autominer cost of making a Mark 3.

So yes you'll need 3 in your inventory to upgrade that, and you'll get two back. It is.. a little dumb.

you have to have all of the materials in your inventory, so the two autominers you used to make the Mark 2 miner don't count towards 3 autominer cost of making a Mark 3.

So yes you'll need 3 in your inventory to upgrade that, and you'll get two back. It is.. a little dumb.

I did in fact have all three portable miners in my inventory, because I remembered not being able to go from mk1 to mk2 without having two miners.

After making my post I realized I could check the questions website and it turns out some other people have complained about this too in the last two weeks.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wish mods worked on Experimental. I want to play more but I am so exhausted at going through bio power again. I wish I could just start at coal. On the main version I had a little modded bio burner that just gave unlimited power that I’d use until I got coal up and running then turned it off.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I want them back so I can build more than one foundation at a time again

I wish mods worked on Experimental. I want to play more but I am so exhausted at going through bio power again. I wish I could just start at coal. On the main version I had a little modded bio burner that just gave unlimited power that I’d use until I got coal up and running then turned it off.

I like bioburners when you're just getting more than the couple in the HAB set up, and I've got my little "feed in wood and leaves, get out biofuel" fab going, and I've got a couple bioburners getting fed.

But, like, once I get past that initial hump, the constant need to refuel is just painful.

getting to coal should be job 1 once you get out of the tutorial. refueling is a huge pain.

I recently did a new save file where I got up to coal power and I don't actually think the refueling is bad, once you have solid biofuel and the chainsaw. A full stuck of 200 solid biofuel lasts 50 minutes.

Obviously fully automated power is much nicer, but I think biomass burners work as an early game thing.

I recently did a new save file where I got up to coal power and I don't actually think the refueling is bad, once you have solid biofuel and the chainsaw. A full stuck of 200 solid biofuel lasts 50 minutes.

Obviously fully automated power is much nicer, but I think biomass burners work as an early game thing.

I also kept the materials for a few of them on me when exploring for hard drives, as some of them require a small amount of power to open.

edited April 2021
    4D4F410415BF567A6E4E77AD3412889856749DBC

Coal power is up and running!

Well, the start to the coal power. I got super lucky and got the recipe for Compacted Coal, so now that i have steady power i'm basically going to go and build a compacted coal factory back near one of the coal and sulfur nodes, and then hijack this existing rail to feed compacted coal into everything. And then start working on basic steel production, because i also got the recipe for Solid Steel ingots... Many many things to dooo!

Edit: and the Hijack is complete and Compacted Coal is up and running. That was easy!

The Zombie Penguin on