As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knockout [Chat]

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    How much wood could a feral chuck

How many roads must a Feral walk down before they can call him a Cat

are YOU on the beer list?
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    "One would expect Kant to take a hard line against rape as an immoral act, since it uses a person’s body
    without their consent. However, Kant scholars point out that his views on rape largely amount to what
    we today might call victim-shaming. He says that a woman who has been raped, since she has
    surrendered to the will of another person, “is bound to give up her life rather than dishonor humanity” –
    Kant opines that it is better for her to commit suicide than to dishonor herself as a rape victim. Alan Soble
    describes this as an example of Kant’s ethics being problematically “stubborn about the moral
    significance of such duties-to-self”, like the duty not to degrade oneself (p. 56)."

uTiLiTaRiAnS dOn'T uNdErStAnD dIgNiTy
    I Kant believe it.

In some respect it's a cheap shot--after all, old philosophers believed lots of dumb stuff. So Kant thought that suicide was morally wrong, except for when you get raped and then it's required, that masturbation is morally wrong, that sex outside of procreation within a marriage was morally wrong, and that women and servants should not be permitted to vote. Passages like these are notorious. But that in and of itself doesn't make the rest of his theory wrong.

In this case, though, I think it genuinely does show the weakness of Kant's systematic moral philosophy. The weakness is that his moral philosophy is so nebulous that it lets him say basically whatever he wants--so nothing prevents him from just venting his prejudice. His "deduction" of the wrongness of masturbation is not really much different from his "deduction" of the duty not to lie--in both cases he just calls something he doesn't particularly like "contradictory" and then dusts off his hands and moves on. Like, ok, cool story.

Anyway, I'm having to teach the big K right now and I'm obviously ragin (apologies to LfhX of course for this anti-kantian hostile environment)

MrMister on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    That’s a actually a new Law and Order organized crime unit, which I watched.

zepherin on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    For what it's worth Lars is completely hated in every single archery community, and the biggest claim to fame of Hollywood embracing his shit was that he was the technical advisor for that Taron Edgerton(?) Jamie Foxx robin hood movie.

Why? Just curious.

He's got a bad habit of instead of saying "hey I've trained in this almost lost art of horseback archery (which is the entire purpose of his form) and re-tooled it for some interesting shooting, let's start a club" and instead gone to every archery organization and basically told them they all suck their shit sucks his shit rocks and they need to get with it.

No one disagrees with his ability or knowledge of archery, but his style isn't original. It's the mongolian horse-bow style and has been seen from the far reaches of Asia to the native americas, but he acts like he invented trick shots.

I will take any excuse to hate on that dude

I don't know shit about archery but the video narration has always had this dumb up-its-own-ass tone to me

Also he looks like a goof when he fires and does that weird motion with his arm but I'm loathe to really go in on that because that could well be purposeful

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I think you are missing the subject of the picture zeph

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok time to start a bidet savings fund

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile I can say without bragging that if you gave me a bow and a dozen arrows and sent 100 people running at me with swords...

I'd turn and run the other way since I'm an archer and already poised for a speedy retreat.

I might fling one or two as I'm running though. For the horde and all.

are YOU on the beer list?
    edited April 2021
    I think you are missing the subject of the picture zeph

Chris Meloni has dem yeeks, we all know that, he’s got a Toyota Beef made for them thick bois. But this is chat and we do pedantic for sport.

zepherin on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I've always wanted to learn archery

And amateur hour's place is only a few hours away....

I could easily steal his gea- uhhhh I mean have him teach me

h2fofe41xof5.jpeg

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

archery is not very fun irl

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I appreciate all the questions on the last page but nobody thought to ask, "How is Feral?"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Chat yesterday I mentioned how growing up the local tabletop club I was apart of didnt play Warhammer stuff they played Warzone and Chronopia. I wanted to go back and look at some of the models for Warzone which was tl;dr everyone leaves earth but still fighting so all the factions were based on regions or ideologies. So looking I just found out the American style faction had fucking Weeaboos as a unit choice look at these chucklefucks

f6zl4gxe6zoc.jpg

I appreciate all the questions on the last page but nobody thought to ask, "How is Feral?"

I thought to ask why is Feral?

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

archery is not very fun irl

It's very fun

For about 10 arrows. Maybe 12.

Then it dawns on you that hey wait this is actually a lot of work!

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    For what it's worth Lars is completely hated in every single archery community, and the biggest claim to fame of Hollywood embracing his shit was that he was the technical advisor for that Taron Edgerton(?) Jamie Foxx robin hood movie.

Why? Just curious.

He's got a bad habit of instead of saying "hey I've trained in this almost lost art of horseback archery (which is the entire purpose of his form) and re-tooled it for some interesting shooting, let's start a club" and instead gone to every archery organization and basically told them they all suck their shit sucks his shit rocks and they need to get with it.

No one disagrees with his ability or knowledge of archery, but his style isn't original. It's the mongolian horse-bow style and has been seen from the far reaches of Asia to the native americas, but he acts like he invented trick shots.

That's not true, lots of people disagree with his knowledge of archery

almost every single claim in his video is bullshit

he is a trick shooter, and what he does is neither new or "discovered". He's a fuckin amazing trick shooter and I absolutely don't want to discredit it, but he's a trick shooter who runs around telling both historians and professional archers that they suck

https://youtu.be/rDbqz_07dW4

Here's one video about his new level of archery video, but you can find videos from both historians and archers about all sorts of videos he's done that pick it apart

It's like a trick shooter telling navy seals how to war because they can throw a pack of quarters in the air and hit all of them with their six shooter before they hit the ground

override367 on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    how is feral

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    More Valheim. Getting to bronze was quick but getting all bronze gear took forever. I think mostly because it’s an alloy and you need to do 3 things for a result of 1. Then immediately did the boss and did one, one, tour of the next biome and now I have almost everything iron.

Grind bronze forever and one iron trip was all it took for most iron. I was smelting for an hour and a half.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I want to give a special Shoutout to EA Desktop, a program where a 80mb update can hang so bad your PC refuses to reboot.
    Something they acknowledge on their help page, and then give instructions with wrong folder structures to fix.

Now attempting it for the second time....

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    My next thing I did, stupidly, was start sailing all the way west.

I ran into trouble with coming across a huge island that was almost all plains and another biome I hadn’t even heard of. Now I’ve finally rounded that island and disembarked on a Black Forest beach to log out. This island may touch the edge of the map.

I don’t know what I’m gonna do over here except maybe plant a portal at the edge of the map.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    More Valheim. Getting to bronze was quick but getting all bronze gear took forever. I think mostly because it’s an alloy and you need to do 3 things for a result of 1. Then immediately did the boss and did one, one, tour of the next biome and now I have almost everything iron.

Grind bronze forever and one iron trip was all it took for most iron. I was smelting for an hour and a half.

I've been trying to find a single scrap of iron for over a week.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Winky wrote: »

I was into cargo shorts throughout my teens until I started wearing tiny shorts, and I've never gone back.

That being said, I'll fuck anybody no matter what shorts they do or do not wear.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    What about when you'll wear shorts in your own home but under no circumstances be seen wearing them in public

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I ate Panera. I like their green tea. Shame nobody else seams to sell it at a more reasonable rate.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh ffs gov went and announced the worst covid postal/zip codes in Ontario and they get 18+ access to vaccinations

All the local ones? Fucking affluent communities where assholes wouldn’t stop gathering and partying

I’m fucking furious

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Nice

Had a beautiful ride outside of town just enjoying all the spring greenery and farms in the middle of plowing/planting

Very Westfall vibes

Came home to be there for kiddo's bedtime and kiddo wanted "Blue car to ice cream shop!"

Anyways, I'm sitting here with a tin roof

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al9RjK31c0o

Robot vending machine, selling yummy ice cream
    Many flavors to choose, rainbow sprinkles candy

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

There are so many reasons to be angry about this.

Incenjucar wrote: »

There are so many reasons to be angry about this.

I love ice cream robot

Incenjucar wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »

I've been trying to find a single scrap of iron for over a week.

Maybe I just got mad lucky but are you looking in
    The sunken crypts in the swamp? I went into two and left with 70 scrap iron.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Sigh, now the EA Desktop App is taking up 100% of my secondary HDD "calculating time" for install for 20mins now.

Guess I'll let it spin while I sleep.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Oh ffs gov went and announced the worst covid postal/zip codes in Ontario and they get 18+ access to vaccinations

All the local ones? Fucking affluent communities where assholes wouldn’t stop gathering and partying

I’m fucking furious

as obnoxious as it is, there is a pretty sturdy case to be made that vaccinating idiots who refuse to take precautions is a good early step

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    ZkLaz0I.png?1
    Amazing how left handed people suddenly had the amount of people they could seduce into left handedness cap out at about 12 percent

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    apparently Dairy Queen's April Fools thing was a k-cup type machine that made DQ ice cream cones and now i'm mad i can't have one

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited April 2021
    Couscous wrote: »
    "snip"
    Amazing how left handed people suddenly had the amount of people they could seduce into left handedness cap out at about 12 percent

All part of their sinister plot

SummaryJudgment on
This discussion has been closed.