As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Better get a babysitter cause we've got two tickets to the [GUN] show...

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Doc wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Does Lever flip reloading somehow not break safe firearm handling rules?

It breaks a number of them

it also breaks a number of motorcycle handling rules

Having ridden for about a year now, I have a new appreciation for motorcycle stuntworkers shooting guns while riding, and also a renewed conviction that it would be impossible to do anything more than hope you're shooting around your victim

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    If you want to shoot a shotgun with one hand and look cool, just use dove loads and have fun.

If you want to be a dipshit, use some magnum high brass loads

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    To be fair, we are talking about a machine and not a regular person.

I watched some behind the scenes thing on Terminator 3 forever ago and it talked a bit about how long Arnold Schwarzenegger practiced reloading weapons without having to look at them, since a Terminator would naturally have the spatial sense required to be able to reload a gun extremely smoothly while looking elsewhere. It was a very subtle detail in the film but it was pretty cool.

• DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2021
    Yeah, it's always been a priority for them. I remember that for the second movie, Robert Patrick did a bunch of practice to shoot without flinching or blinking, which looks really spooky in the film (go to 3 minutes):

https://youtu.be/bhL8WlDHKaY?t=180

Doc on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    If you want to shoot a shotgun with one hand and look cool, just use dove loads and have fun.

What if I get a replica 1887 or trench gun and I want to shoot full brass shells out of it and then make everyone stop while I recover them cause fuck those are expensive?

are YOU on the beer list?

What if I get a replica 1887 or trench gun and I want to shoot full brass shells out of it and then make everyone stop while I recover them cause fuck those are expensive?

I think you brought the wrong gun to the airsoft match in that scenario.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

I think you brought the wrong gun to the airsoft match in that scenario.

Jokes aside I have gotten into watching airsoft videos cause it's a bunch of grown men literally acting like third graders playing tag

"I got you!"

"Nu uh I was in a safe zone"

What's the official Airsoft stance on pistol whipping?

Airsoft also seems like a great way to practice firearms handling while being unable to afford extreme component costs

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

We don't take prisoners. There are no war crimes in airsoft.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Probably similar to protocols for Nerf

215538849_mGzDP-L-2.jpg

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Has anyone ever had to contact customer service for Palmetto state armory? I ordered an upper from them and unfortunately I have to return it. Turns out that not letting you know the inner diameter of the handguard they use is kind of a big deal when you're trying to mount a suppressor to a barrel mounted inside of it and now I need to get it sent back to them. Their phone line basically goes to a dead end automated phone system that auto-disconnects you and It's been now 4 days since sending a contact form via their website and I haven't heard anything from them. I know things are crazy right now, but I would have hoped I would have at least gotten an acknowledgement that they even received my request.

Thegreatcow on
  • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    I've called them a few times to get order updates, but never for an RMA. I have heard that they are a bit slow on the email replies. Like in the week or more range.

Keep trying the phone, but maybe choose a different option to get you to a person.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yeah they are famous for their prices and infamous for being slow.

Has anyone ever had to contact customer service for Palmetto state armory? I ordered an upper from them and unfortunately I have to return it. Turns out that not letting you know the inner diameter of the handguard they use is kind of a big deal when you're trying to mount a suppressor to a barrel mounted inside of it and now I need to get it sent back to them. Their phone line basically goes to a dead end automated phone system that auto-disconnects you and It's been now 4 days since sending a contact form via their website and I haven't heard anything from them. I know things are crazy right now, but I would have hoped I would have at least gotten an acknowledgement that they even received my request.

What suppressor did you decide to go with?

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular

What suppressor did you decide to go with?

Gonna go with a Silencerco Hybrid 46 for my ARs, and a dedicated .22 can but I can't decide which. I discovered the Hybrid has a 1.5" diameter and the PSA upper handguard (12" slant cut M-Lock handguard just FYI in case anyone buys it) has only an internal diameter of 1.2" so it won't work. I'm tempted to go the form 1 route for the .22 can but I'm so intimidated with how to go with a build kit, as I'll most likely need to get someone to do the final drilling for me, which apparently requires a very special SOT machinist or something? Which of course causes it's own level of paperwork and costs that end up costing as much as a regular can so I end up even more confused and afraid I'll end up doing something that will get the ATF on my case.

I finished my form 1 kit (.22 from QuietBore) with a really cheap drill press and a jig I made from a 2x4. It ended up fine. They sell a jig that lets you do it with just a hand drill; I'd probably go that route if I did it again. The aluminum drilled fine, but the first two baffles I ordered in titanium, which is more of a pain to work with.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Does anyone have recommendations for decent AR uppers that are not your standard black?

I have a navy blue lower I'm trying to build out and I'm thinking about getting wood furniture for it but I need to get the upper setup first.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    I finished my form 1 kit (.22 from QuietBore) with a really cheap drill press and a jig I made from a 2x4. It ended up fine. They sell a jig that lets you do it with just a hand drill; I'd probably go that route if I did it again. The aluminum drilled fine, but the first two baffles I ordered in titanium, which is more of a pain to work with.

Oh damn that actually sounds easier than I initially read! And looking at their site they sound incredibly reasonable. So I buy the kit, file the form 1, wait for approval and once approved I can build and serialize the kit correct?

Oh damn that actually sounds easier than I initially read! And looking at their site they sound incredibly reasonable. So I buy the kit, file the form 1, wait for approval and once approved I can build and serialize the kit correct?

That was the process when I did it. The ATF got up in QuietBores's business, so now you need to have an approved form 1 prior to ordering from them, which you upload as part of the ordering process.

They'll serialize the tube with the information from the form 1 for you.

That was the process when I did it. The ATF got up in QuietBores's business, so now you need to have an approved form 1 prior to ordering from them, which you upload as part of the ordering process.

They'll serialize the tube with the information from the form 1 for you.

Thanks so much Doc. I think I'm just going to Form 1 everything since it seems a lot more reasonable, and I shoot so infrequently, I don't think I'm going to abuse the heck out of these suppressors to warrant going with a professional can. And being able to service them is a major plus in my book.

I've only done their .22 can and I'm happy with it. Just be aware that their larger cans (especially the rifle cans) are extra heavy compared to professionally produced ones.

Good to know, these are generally going to go on larger rifles so I'm not too worried. I'm mainly curious to see how the pistol cans behave as there's at least one pistol I'd like to use with them so that should be interesting.

Can you not get a shorter handguard and/or swap to a new one?

Can you not get a shorter handguard and/or swap to a new one?

I technically could but it would have to be shorter, and of a larger diameter as well while still remaining flush to the rail line that's already there and I just didn't want to bother paying more money for it while I could still return it. This was the upper btw:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-phosphate-12-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-mbus-sight-set-holosun-red-dot.html

1o3uathqv6hb.png

It's a 12" rail on a 10.5" barrel so muzzle is pretty far back in there requiring an even shorter handguard.

Not gonna lie though, part of why I ordered this kit was the included red dot and backup sights as part of the package, but I can manage without them and get a better holosun later on down the line.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Hey I have that sight.

I need to get a flip out magnification site to go in front of it though.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Hey I have that sight.

I need to get a flip out magnification site to go in front of it though.

Yea same. Its a great sight for the price.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    I've only done their .22 can and I'm happy with it. Just be aware that their larger cans (especially the rifle cans) are extra heavy compared to professionally produced ones.

Another question for you doc since you went through this whole process. Did you put your Suppressors under an NFA trust or did you file individually? I'm hearing conflicting pros/cons online and it's kinda proving overwhelming. I see that Silencershop offers NFA trusts for about $130 bucks and would technically allow me to set people who can use my suppressors and pass them on accordingly, but I don't know if their NFA trust can work with non-silencershop products. Any thoughts you have on the matter? This rabbit hole keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I put all of my NFA items into the same trust. It's from Silencershop. It works with other items, for sure. They provide you with a form to use that adds items to the trust at will.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Anyone vouch for a specific brand of glock accessories? There appears to be a million companies.

Specifically does NDZ have a good reputation?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
    I put all of my NFA items into the same trust. It's from Silencershop. It works with other items, for sure. They provide you with a form to use that adds items to the trust at will.

Excellent, thank you so much for the information. That was my main concern using Silencershop's in house trust as I wasn't sure it would let me do the whole Form 1 rigamarole. I'll go ahead and get that trust started so I can have it in place when I start filing the form 1 paperwork.

All this just to buy a little metal tube, jesus.

I ordered an IWB holster (because summer is coming and wearing an ankle holster while wearing shorts might get me some weird looks), do any of you have recommendations on a good concealed carry capable belt?

MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Anyone vouch for a specific brand of glock accessories? There appears to be a million companies.

What are you trying to accessorize? Never heard of NDZ

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    "A little metal tube" is a pretty good description of guns in general really. Some more complex or larger than others.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

I'd like to get an extended magazine release, slide release, and slide lock parts. The stock options just feel a little.more difficult to activate than they need to be.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/glock-extended-mag-release-gen-4-5-purple-p/gmr-g4-ext-pur.htm

NDZ seems to have a bunch of options. I'd like mine to be purple but can't find every piece in that color.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    The trouble is that once you've gone through the overhead of setting up a trust, etc, it's pretty easy to go down the NFA hole and find yourself thinking "oh wow I can order an under-barrel 40mm launcher for not TOO much..."
    it is too much

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    The trouble is that once you've gone through the overhead of setting up a trust, etc, it's pretty easy to go down the NFA hole and find yourself thinking "oh wow I can order an under-barrel 40mm launcher for not TOO much..."
    it is too much

I want one of those belt fed water cooled .22lr machine guns forgotten weapons showcased a few months back.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981

I'd like to get an extended magazine release, slide release, and slide lock parts. The stock options just feel a little.more difficult to activate than they need to be.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/glock-extended-mag-release-gen-4-5-purple-p/gmr-g4-ext-pur.htm

NDZ seems to have a bunch of options. I'd like mine to be purple but can't find every piece in that color.

Couldn’t tell you about the NDZ stuff but there are probably a million videos on YouTube on customizing your Glock. Truthfully I’ve never had issues with mine or thought to customize them so I’m the wrong person to ask.

I still have the replacement mag release from Shield arms in my box of junk that I need to install on my 43x

it is too much

That's why you get the 37mm for dirt cheap and then get your NFA forms to make it a destructive device!

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Unless you're a class 2 SOT or somehow have a magical source of readily available 40mm grenades, all you'll be firing from your 40mm are chalk and flare rounds. Which you can fire just as easily from the 37mm, or even a non-NFA smoothbore 40mm.

nibXTE7.png