As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Shadowguys: Next expansion announced! "Endwalker"

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    You heard me

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    When she’s not having people defenestrated.
    that's how I understood that part when I went through the story but other people told me it says somewhere in that part that she was just trying to fire the guy normally, and it was Vauthry that had him defenestrated. I liked her a lot less before I was informed of that.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    that's how I understood that part when I went through the story but other people told me it says somewhere in that part that she was just trying to fire the guy normally, and it was Vauthry that had him defenestrated. I liked her a lot less before I was informed of that.
    basically nobody knew what happened when servants got fired. but they also didn't really ask

but yeah, she did explicitly try to have him murdered

PiptheFair wrote: »
    basically nobody knew what happened when servants got fired. but they also didn't really ask

she did? or she didn't? the way the story treats her later doesn't really make sense if she knowingly sent servants to be killed.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    no way did they know

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    so far she's a noble in a protection racketfeudal society that is run by a dude who gives some serious "I am a lightbringer and found a much easier way to eat sins but also might just be an ordinary asshole" vibes.

in more important matters sometimes I consider switching to a tall race for a little because clothes would fit better, but then I'd need to get two fantasias to switch back and I don't have my appearance data saved. I could also use a hat that flops around in the same way my spriggan one does, but I don't think there are any.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

in more important matters sometimes I consider switching to a tall race for a little because clothes would fit better, but then I'd need to get two fantasias to switch back and I don't have my appearance data saved. I could also use a hat that flops around in the same way my spriggan one does, but I don't think there are any.

You can save appearance data of any character by right-clicking on the name in the Character Selection screen.

That doesn't solve your need for two Fantasias though.

steam_sig.png

she did? or she didn't? the way the story treats her later doesn't really make sense if she knowingly sent servants to be killed.

did not, stupid phone posting

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I just found something in-game and I'm kinda baffled.

Grand Company ranks. There's... a lot more than I thought. But according to my FC, everything above "Captain" isn't actually obtainable. Was this a feature Square just kinda dropped after future-proofing?

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Grand Company ranks. There's... a lot more than I thought. But according to my FC, everything above "Captain" isn't actually obtainable. Was this a feature Square just kinda dropped after future-proofing?

Every year-ish they release a new rank, but it isn't a system they do a lot with. Once you unlock the option to run your own squadron you've seen most of it for now. It isn't exactly dropped, I think they're just done with tying even more systems and side content to the GCs at this point.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

More or less, yeah. There's a whole set of ranks that are there but were never obtainable.

edited April 2021
    yeah that's a system they had around for ARR and I think heavensward? then stopped adding more stuff to. The first half of the ranks you get by turning in grand company seals and doing hunting lists and a few dungeons, the second half you do by raising a squad of AI characters in dungeon runs and it's very tedious and bad compared to the sort of similar NPC trust dungeon system they added in shadowbringers. If you do enough different dungeons with the squad guys you get the squats, situps and pushups emotes though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Command Missions are good for testing out rotations and stuff, especially for classes you levelled in potd

edited April 2021
    ehhhhhhh
    you might as well just use a combat dummy

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    You could but why not get bonus seals

because the squad dungeons are SO TEDIOUS
    I actually kept falling asleep while I was trying to run enough for the emotes

BahamutZERO.gif
    I think you have to pay those. they're nice for leveling dps jobs early on and I really like the company I have assembled, but the content only goes to 60. I'd do more with it if I could, I prefer my squad to trust people.

I think they're hilarious

My guys just cannot die no matter how hard I try to kill them

my arcanist bit the dust a few times. the tank doesn't pick up aoe that fast, especially when you accidentally pull 8 mobs because darkhold is ass

then I made the mistake of taking them into wanderers palace and the tonberry just fucks them up and it sucked

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I should really be going to sleep because I have work early tomorrow but instead here I am hitting numpad 0, 0, 0, 4, 0 over and over again because a plot opened up in The Mist.

It was just me when I started a few hours ago. A handful people have swung by but it's back to just me again. Thinking about making a script to automate this and then just going to sleep but that's probably something I could be reported for and it would look really weird if my character kept targeting the placard of an already purchased plot.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Oh holy shit I actually got it. Complaining about things on the internet works once again!

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    IK Becomes the Best Crafter In Eorzea, Chapter Three.

While it's easy enough to gain mad levels via the Ishgard Restoration--shout out yet again to the music there--I find far more of my time is spent keeping up with the different job quests. They're absolutely worth doing for the free tools and gear, but they do tend to take a lot of time to hunt down the different mats. Some of the storylines are quite good. I'm really bracing myself for the seemingly inevitable conclusion of the alchemist one.

This game really needs a way to generate a shopping list of the mats you need. The in-game gathering list is great for finding where to go, I just need something to keep track of just how many whoseits I need to make enough ingots of something or other and whatnot.

Is the Ishtar restoration gonna go away soon. Aka should I try and level some crafting shit

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Finally caught up the white mage quests to 70 last night

Boy that's a boring quest line

Is the Ishtar restoration gonna go away soon. Aka should I try and level some crafting shit

It's all still there even after finishing the whole thing. I haven't heard anything about it going away with another patch. Same as the Doman Restoration, basically.

I think it's possible the restoration might go away when The Firmament becomes a player housing zone, though Ishida mentioned that wasn't going to happen until 6.1.

Every server (I think?) has fully completed the restoration itself though, so you no longer get to participate in the actual rebuilding efforts. But you can still get mad crazy xp from gathering and crafting stuff there.

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular

They're adding new events to it in 5.5, more fates on a set schedule, so it's probably never going away.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

They're adding new events to it in 5.5, more fates on a set schedule, so it's probably never going away.

Probably get re-themed from rebuilding to something else to explain this ongoing stuff but yeah, the xp and such isn't going anywhere I'd expect.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Firmament has some quests and a custom delivery npc so I'd imagine a quest version of the zone will be permanent somehow.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Firmament has some quests and a custom delivery npc so I'd imagine a quest version of the zone will be permanent somehow.

We're probably going to see a crafter endgame zone from now on, mirroring the combat endgame zone.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    I feel like the current systems of Diadem as a gathering zone, crafted turn-ins, skybuilder's scrips, and Kupo of Fortune are all going to be sticking around as semi-permenant additions to the game. There's just too much content/too many items locked behind those systems to just throw away.

I only say semi-permenant in case they transfer those things to theoretical Ala Mhigo or Garlemard territory restorations in the future.

I really want to rebuild a Santorini-inspired town along the coast of Empire-controlled territory.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    especially considering how many items are old diadem items that they put in this update so that they were remotely attainable again

liEt3nH.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    remember diadem emergency missions and the weird rng bis weapons

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I know I fought that Diadem superboss that you unlocked by filling up a meter or something. I fought that boss multiple times.

I cannot recall what that boss looked like in the slightest. Just a big ol' File Not Found in my brain.

Lars wrote: »
    I know I fought that Diadem superboss that you unlocked by filling up a meter or something. I fought that boss multiple times.

I cannot recall what that boss looked like in the slightest. Just a big ol' File Not Found in my brain.

Watch out for those 'nam flashbacks: everything about that super boss https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5ygn5s/diadem_emergency_mission_guide_complete_for_i280/
    gernal timeline of Diadem and it's many iterations: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Diadem

Such bullshit, the whole Diadem pre-Ishgard Restoration.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I should really be going to sleep because I have work early tomorrow but instead here I am hitting numpad 0, 0, 0, 4, 0 over and over again because a plot opened up in The Mist.
    Here's the technique I used.

I use the Scale Window options to resize each of the dialogue boxes so that the appropriate buttons all line up over the same spot on the screen, then I just rapidly mouse it. Right-click, left-click, left-click, (left-click again if in an FC), repeat. You don't even have to be too precise with that either if you want, just hit right click on the placard, then spam a whole lotta left click, and it costs you nothing if you overshoot and left-click the placard afterward.

I've heard vague allusions to The Diadem as it first launched. What was its deal? Something awful and terrible like Bozja, right?

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    Got my gathering jobs to 60 last night. Looking around Idyllshire, Foundation, Rhalgyr's Reach and Kugane and not finding any easy answers so I suppose I will either end up crafting something or waiting until those jobs are at 61 before getting upgrades.

This discussion has been closed.