As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Knockout [Chat]

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wanted to love Wargroove, and it’s pretty, but I don’t think I have it in me to finish it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I'm morbidly curious about all the "variations". How many they came up with. Also, how they came up with them. Whose job it was to sit down and figure out just how many ways you could say that word. Did they go around the office asking for help. Did there need to be a company-wide announcement, Bill is going to be compiling a super offensive list, please stop reporting him to HR.

Assuming it's some sort of language filter my first thought was maybe the sliders basically control how aggressive it gets about guessing at something. The higher you tune it the more likely it is to bleep words that aren't actually bad.

But that may be because the alternative possibility that it's just adjusting the word list itself seems kinda ridiculous for some of those categories. (racism and misogyny specifically)

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh man lol I needed that laugh Orphane

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Is the 236 on a computer keyboard layout or a phone screen layout? And what’s the L?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i only use move names.
    gatekeeping those who don't love the lore as much as i do

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    orphane explained it better than me and i actually play these games. :(

P10 on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Is the 236 on a computer keyboard layout or a phone screen layout? And what’s the L?

they're directional inputs based on the numpad of a computer keyboard
    L probably stands for Light Attack (as in Light/Heavy)

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    L is what happens when I play a fighting game

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The new game I'm working on is all furry characters and it is a delight coming up with bad puns and vague references in their design that require enough thinking that the joke isn't funny anymore.

Like the mouse who is goth and likes EDM.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    My brain just isn't fast enough for fighting games. I struggle enough with rhythm games at lower apm than most fighting games require and they're literally telling me all the buttons I need to press well before I need to press them.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    My brain just isn't fast enough for fighting games. I struggle enough with rhythm games at lower apm than most fighting games require and they're literally telling me all the buttons I need to press well before I need to press them.

The rise in popularity of games like Dark Souls taught me that while I am not horrible at games in general I just don't enjoy any scenario where you have to actively practice.

• Options
    Nintendo

YO whens Mario Kart Battle Royale

• Options
    Im hoping next gen fighting games make me interested in playing them online

current games are just to slow on the loading front to be fun for me online, but also ya know a fighting game released on the Xbox would help too.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You’re trying to get me to look at a goatse body pillow or something equally horrific and i wont fall for it

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    oh damn

Jack Hanna is retiring from public life cause of Alzheimer's.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    oh damn

i had to google that

tangentially, i had a thought and googled it and wow Harambe was shot almost 5 years ago now

dicks out indeed

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    oh damn

he was such a staple on morning shows my mom watched when I was growing up.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok I bought a bidet

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Being woken up be tornado warnings at 3:30 AM fun fun fun

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Our bac office internet has been down all night

just got a call from another property theirs is too, so its a large chunk of the province it seems like

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Enjoying some quality twitter drama this morning

Someone made a video making fun of people that start craft beer companies, which has been doing the rounds. The video itself isn't very good or even very funny, but people got butthurt about it, then got more butthurt about other people gently explaining that "you realise that being into craft beer isn't, like, cool? This is a massively nerdy hobby that we have, here."

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Someone made a video making fun of people that start craft beer companies, which has been doing the rounds. The video itself isn't very good or even very funny, but people got butthurt about it, then got more butthurt about other people gently explaining that "you realise that being into craft beer isn't, like, cool? This is a massively nerdy hobby that we have, here."

Everything about this seems vaguely shitty.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Fuckin' hell, for a second there I thought she'd come back, the stake and crossroad burial having worn off.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    japan wrote: »

Everything about this seems vaguely shitty.

Lily Waite is the British Guild of Beer Writers UK Beer Writer of the year 2020

japan on
  • Options
    of course fucking Brewdog are top of the replies

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I liked the video

I also like some of Brewdog's beer

So I guess I can just enjoy the drama from my smug high horse, unless it's an ivory tower

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    @RiemannLives those Midway videos were very good. There's another guy who does a lot of naval military stuff but his voice and manner are horribly off-putting, whereas this Midway guy is far more palatable, and also has nifty visuals.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ugh I have to run a power cable for this bidet

I don’t want my bathroom to look like shit

• Options

Fuckin' hell, for a second there I thought she'd come back, the stake and crossroad burial having worn off.

not with herself taking care of things

• Options
    Ugh, chromeos updated and now any file you download is automatically pinned to the taskbar for some reason

Who would want this, and why

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying these themed Thursdays in 6 music

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

For a second I thought I was having a Mandela Effect

• Options
    should have clarified that he was honking because thatcher's still dead and not just because she's dead

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I am sick of people walking off with my pens.

I am short several and don’t have enough right now and I know I’ll have even fewer by tomorrow. Just fucking return the pens.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2021
    Vanguard on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Library Catalogue browsing. Love a good 18th Century title:
    The new complete dictionary of arts and sciences : or, an universal system of useful knowledge. Containing A full Explanation of every Art and Science, whether liberal or mechanical, in which the Difficulties attending a thorough Knowledge of them are clearly pointed out, and such Directions given as cannot fail of making their Acquisition easy and familiar to every Capacity Exhibiting, among the various other Branches of Literature, a copious Elucidation of the following, viz. Agriculture, Algebra, Anatomy, Architecture, Arithmetick, Astronomy, Book-Keeping, Botany, Carving, Catoptricks, Chemistry, Chronology, Commerce, Conicks, Cosmography, Dialing, Dioptricks, Ethicks, Farriery, Fluxions, Fortification, Gardening, Guaging, Geography, Geometry, Grammar, Gunnery, Handicrafts, Heraldry, History, Horsemanship, Husbandry, Hydraulicks, Hydrography, Hydrostaticks, Law, Levelling, Logick, Maritime and Military Affairs, Mathematicks, Mechanicks, Medicine, Merchandize, Metaphysicks, Meteorology, Musick, Navigation, Opticks, Oratory, Painting, Perspective, Pharmacy, Philology, Philosophy, Physick, Pneumaticks, Rhetorick, Sculpture, Series and Staticks, Statuary, Surgery, Surveying, Theology, Trigonometry, &c. The Whole upon an improved Plan, the Marrow and Quintessence of every other Dictionary and Work of the Kind being preserved, and their Superfluities and Obscurities entirely omitted. Particular Attention has been given to every Thing valuable in Chambers, The Encyclopedie, printed at Paris ; The Encyclopediae Britannica, and other Publications of later Date. Including not only all the valuable modern Improvements which have been made by several eminent Members of the Royal Society, the Royal Academy, and the Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce, but also a great Variety of other important Discoveries ; which have been made and communicated to the Authors of this Work, by some of the most distinguished Characters of this and other Nations. Eminent Engravers and Designers in the several Departments have been engaged at a very great Expence to unite their Abilities in producing the most masterly and superb Set of Copper-Plates, representing upwards of One Thousand exact Figures, such as Machines, Instruments, Implements, Tools, Plans, Schemes, Animals, Vegetables, Minerals, Fossils, and other Articles relative to the Subjects treated of in a Work of the utmost Consequence to Mankind. The Theological, Philosophical, Critical, and Poetical Branches, By the Rev. Erasmus Middleton, Lecturer of St. Bennet's, Grace-Church-Street, and of St. Helen's, Bishopsgate-Street ; The Medicinal, Chemical, and Anatomical, By William Turnbull, M.D. Of Wellclose-Square, London ; The Gardening and Botanical, By Thomas Ellis, Gardener to the Lord Bishop of Lincoln, and Author of The Gardener's Pocket Calendar ; The Mathematical, &c. By John Davidson, Author of A Complete Course of Mathematicks ; And the other Parts by Gentlemen of approved Abilities in the respective Branches which they have engaged to illustrate.

japan on
This discussion has been closed.