As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knockout [Chat]

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I have learned that in addition to Thatcher’s death anniversary, something of equal cultural significance also occurred on this date:

Come for the cowbell, stay for Jimmy Fallon failing to hide his laughter in the middle of the sketch

Dude always broke, he had zero chill

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I have learned that in addition to Thatcher’s death anniversary, something of equal cultural significance also occurred on this date:

Come for the cowbell, stay for Jimmy Fallon failing to hide his laughter in the middle of the sketch

I think he was the reason they started writing breaks into sketches, him and Sanz.

I remember some documentary or something on SNL and Lorne HATES breaking, but Fallon just made it seem entertaining I guess, and now it's like a staple of the show.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Man I wanted to make eggs for breakfast and I'm out of eggs.

I really need to get some chickens.

Tav that's great.

It's like a 5 second film version of SLC Punk

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

He inexplicably never broke during his own sketches.

Astounding.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    "the reunion we didn't know we needed"

what's it a reunion of?

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    the reunion of me and a fine bottle of Scotch

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Now reading historical newspapers. Workplace safety in the 1870s:
    On Saturday forenoon, about half past ten o'clock, Joseph Murray, about 64 years of age, labourer, who resided at 49 1/2 Piccadilly Street, Anderston, Glasgow, lost his life by falling from the deck into the hold of a ship in course of construction in the shipbuilding yard at Scotstoun, near Partick, occupied by Charles Connell & Co. It appears that Murray was employed in collecting the bolts which were lying about the vessel where the riveters were at work, and was in the act of crossing a plank which was supported by the iron beams of the vessel, when, imaging from the spring of the plank that it was about to slip, he took a false step to the side, and was precipitated headforemost into the hold, falling on his head. His skull was completely fractured, and he only survived a few minutes. Dr Cameron of Whiteinch was promptly called, but ere his arrival life was extinct. Murray, who was a quiet, inoffensive man, has left a widow and grown up family.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    MrMister wrote: »

what's it a reunion of?

That is a cut of an old viral video mixed with new video with maybe the same people. I can't tell if those are actually the same people.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

what's it a reunion of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbVRpRgHso

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    man Ferrell's timing with slowing playing the cowbell offbeat is so good

just really rubbing salt into the wound

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    “Wile E. Peyote” though

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

what's it a reunion of?
    Well you see ten years ago a bunch of cybergoths decided to have a dance party,

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

This is a thing everyone has to learn at some point, good for them for getting free lunch while figuring it out.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ih1j33d44v5b.jpeg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

what's it a reunion of?

That is a cut of an old viral video mixed with new video with maybe the same people. I can't tell if those are actually the same people.

neat

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    the reunion of me and a fine bottle of Scotch

If it's the reunion, then it's after you've already drank it, right?

I am familiar with this reunion.

I tried so many times over the years to like Scotch and I just don't have a taste for it.

me aged 20: lmao look at those losers imagine being so cringe

me aged 30: man those goths look like they're having fun

japan wrote: »
    Now reading historical newspapers. Workplace safety in the 1870s:
    On Saturday forenoon, about half past ten o'clock, Joseph Murray, about 64 years of age, labourer, who resided at 49 1/2 Piccadilly Street, Anderston, Glasgow, lost his life by falling from the deck into the hold of a ship in course of construction in the shipbuilding yard at Scotstoun, near Partick, occupied by Charles Connell & Co. It appears that Murray was employed in collecting the bolts which were lying about the vessel where the riveters were at work, and was in the act of crossing a plank which was supported by the iron beams of the vessel, when, imaging from the spring of the plank that it was about to slip, he took a false step to the side, and was precipitated headforemost into the hold, falling on his head. His skull was completely fractured, and he only survived a few minutes. Dr Cameron of Whiteinch was promptly called, but ere his arrival life was extinct. Murray, who was a quiet, inoffensive man, has left a widow and grown up family.

I read a post saying that although the Spanish Flu killed more people than COVID, and although the population was much smaller then, the relative increase in risk from COVID is actually higher--because back then people just died all the time for other reasons, too. Nowadays, a lot less of that.

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    I tried so many times over the years to like Scotch and I just don't have a taste for it.

I'll take all the scotch

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

I like the stuff that tastes like a campfire

Gives me all sorts of nostalgia

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Do I attract crazy people, or do I just not repel them as strongly as I should?

The coworker who kidnapped me last year calls me every day and I never answer because ew gross phone calls, but also who calls people?

I think she’s about to get fired

Me aged 20: why are you showing me this video

Me aged now: why are you showing me this video?

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I've only liked one whiskey, which I tried during an impromptu tasting session in Cork airport

None of my whiskey/whisky drinking friends liked it, so I guess my preferences for whiskey run to "doesn't taste like whiskey normally tastes"

I only like Scotch whisky as part of an Old Fashioned or Rusty Nail

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

It reminds you of all those great times when you were a kid and ate a campfire

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    wy8nepca5uan.jpeg

*not to scale

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

It reminds you of all those great times when you were a kid and ate a campfire

Reminds me of all of California last year :(

If I thought people dancing poorly was funny I could just watch the guests in anyone's wedding video.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    ah, misread that

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Scotch in an old fashioned sounds odd. Will have to try that sometime

can you feel the struggle within?
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    op eds aren't written by journalists

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Honestly I thought the Thomas the Tank Engine version was the real meme, but the original cybergoth dance video has way more views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jltKnDlH_OA

I don't think I've ever actually watched the original video.

vRyue2p.png
    All time and space in here

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Had a talk with my wife the other night about how I'd like to finally try to work on my sleep deprivation and start going to bed at like 10ish (her sleep schedule is more like midnight to nine).

Last night, at 11:30pm, she starts tearfully talking about how she'll try to give me some space today because she doesn't know what else to do to help

and as I'm trying to be comforting I'm thinking pls

pls

I just want to sleep.

Anyway I'm real tired how are y'all.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Scotch in an old fashioned sounds odd. Will have to try that sometime

Sometimes you've got to work with what you've got on the booze shelf

(My ex drank whisky so there was always some around)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
This discussion has been closed.