As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Genshin Impact] 2.1 Releases 9/1.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    this arena thing has been great, more of this, please.

no bullshit, no grind, just get in, fight a fun fight, get your rewards.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I do think it was funny though how they had each fight have its own gimmick that encouraged you to bring different characters to each fight, but I was able to clear each one of them pretty easily on the hardest difficulty with Ningguang and Zhongli. I don't actually think that's a problem, though. If they made the gimmicks so strong that you were required to abuse them, that would probably be bad.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Today's Challenge Bonus was a bit confusing due to the Frostchurl's Aura; I was just standing next to him, waiting to absorb his power, unaware of the green circle behind me.

Got C6 Fischl and R4 Lion's Roar from a 10-pull on Childe's banner, which will be the only 10-pull I spend on Childe, considering I now have Fischl and Barbara at C6. I mean... I suppose I might want to accrue Fancy Starcurrency to purchase some of the weapons at some point, but I dunno.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I do think it was funny though how they had each fight have its own gimmick that encouraged you to bring different characters to each fight, but I was able to clear each one of them pretty easily on the hardest difficulty with Ningguang and Zhongli. I don't actually think that's a problem, though. If they made the gimmicks so strong that you were required to abuse them, that would probably be bad.

The only one I didn't use Diluc for was the Freeze one. And I probably still could've, with modifications.

I too got confused by today's mechanic but concluded after the first circle that I should just beat the guy to death, which worked out.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Today's Challenge Bonus was a bit confusing due to the Frostchurl's Aura; I was just standing next to him, waiting to absorb his power, unaware of the green circle behind me.

Oh, so there was some silly aura thing elsewhere? I too got confused, tried to stand near the enemy at first and narrowly failed. Then figured that the gimmick was the same as almost every other fight and jumped up and down with Xiao to easily win.

I have a kind of love-hate relationship with Xiao's burst, it does a ton of damage but it reduces the gameplay to jumping up and down. Makes it really hard to see what's happening but that usually doesn't matter as you are safe from 95% of enemy attacks while jumping. Sometimes you are unlucky and land just as a big enemy attack lands and then you take a lot of damage or even get KO'd but it just feels random.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »

Oh, so there was some silly aura thing elsewhere? I too got confused, tried to stand near the enemy at first and narrowly failed. Then figured that the gimmick was the same as almost every other fight and jumped up and down with Xiao to easily win.

I have a kind of love-hate relationship with Xiao's burst, it does a ton of damage but it reduces the gameplay to jumping up and down. Makes it really hard to see what's happening but that usually doesn't matter as you are safe from 95% of enemy attacks while jumping. Sometimes you are unlucky and land just as a big enemy attack lands and then you take a lot of damage or even get KO'd but it just feels random.

My co-op buddy has been bringing Xiao and Diona so I can proc Superconducts on the Primo Geovishap and even when it's only swiping at me the screen can get too graphic'd up to see what I'm doing.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Looks like the you need to clear all Extreme difficulties on the arena event for the BP reward.

steam_sig.png
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    this arena thing has been great, more of this, please.

no bullshit, no grind, just get in, fight a fun fight, get your rewards.

Good news then, the new event is full of tedious bullshit that offers no challenge, but will take up some time. Just pointless padding.

Wait, no, what's the other kind of news?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Ning seems pretty good against Oceanid 2.0, homing missiles hit it even though it floats around and you get hydro shields to protect against the damage. I always feel crippled when I can't use Albedo but the fight wasn't too bad. Shame you only get xp books.

So by complete coincidence I was fighting regular Oceanid at the exact moment that the event started, and I thought the game glitched or something. Like I was being attacked by enemies, and the object that triggers the event just appeared in the center of the arena. I was even able to investigate it in combat.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Looks like the you need to clear all Extreme difficulties on the arena event for the BP reward.

Yep. each difficulty rating is it's own challenge. I was finally able to work out the doings of the frost-splosion challenge, and I think I just lucked out on the Frostchurl.

Did a 10 pull and got Rosaria. Wow, the games loves giving me Cryo characters. Still haven't gotten an Anemo aside from Lumine.

Yep. each difficulty rating is it's own challenge. I was finally able to work out the doings of the frost-splosion challenge, and I think I just lucked out on the Frostchurl.

Did a 10 pull and got Rosaria. Wow, the games loves giving me Cryo characters. Still haven't gotten an Anemo aside from Lumine.

There's only one Anemo 4* so it's no wonder. My first non-Traveller Anemo was Xiao after months and months of playing, still haven't got Sucrose despite pulling on three different banners with her on them.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I don't understand how this event works at all. I have the water sprite equipped, i have her summoned in the exploration area. But nothing I do makes her spit at the water things. I've done the elemental sight move, I've done the buttons to re-summon, nothing is having an effect.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    edited April 2021
    I don't understand how this event works at all. I have the water sprite equipped, i have her summoned in the exploration area. But nothing I do makes her spit at the water things. I've done the elemental sight move, I've done the buttons to re-summon, nothing is having an effect.

How it worked for me was to have the sprite equiped, then hit Z (activate trinket) and then hit E (skill). If I switched characters I had to hit Z again. The range is crap and the bubble is tiny until it hits a water animal so even if you manage to activate it you might've missed it.

Not a huge fan of the Pokemon part of the event but the actual fight against the Oceanid was alright.

Mirkel on
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's just your character's elemental skill, which is a bit odd, but I guess they kind of ran out of input options.

It feels like pointless busy work It's not like it's time consuming, but it's also totally meaningless and without challenge or fun. Just give us a token per day, or X amount, and let us do the actual fight.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Man, putting 4* weapons on character banners is just a super kick to the mean bean machine.

steam_sig.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Pleased to get back to here
    ZMhcLzZl.png

Last 3 phases were not good for me buff wise

Also finally got Beidou built enough to slot her and she really helps DPS on the golems, which was my last stumbling block

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

How it worked for me was to have the sprite equiped, then hit Z (activate trinket) and then hit E (skill). If I switched characters I had to hit Z again. The range is crap and the bubble is tiny until it hits a water animal so even if you manage to activate it you might've missed it.

Not a huge fan of the Pokemon part of the event but the actual fight against the Oceanid was alright.

The range is fine, the longer you hold the skill the further it arcs outward. You can launch it pretty far.

And if you're a sadist you can trap other enemies in the bubbles and push them around. Not that I would ever trap enemies in bubbles and use Jean to blow them over the deep water so they can stare at their impending doom.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Just Jean doing Jean things, and Endora is here to help!

https://youtu.be/STRe7I_itgo

https://youtu.be/pYei242CO1Y

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Also finally got Beidou built enough to slot her and she really helps DPS on the golems, which was my last stumbling block
    Speaking of which, people who use Beidou more often--how much ER did you shoot for in a pure support build? I can't figure out if I need to sell out and raise a(nother) ER GS for her. She's not quite building fast enough in a normal comp but she's intended to have electro resonance going so I think that should cover it?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Speaking of which, people who use Beidou more often--how much ER did you shoot for in a pure support build? I can't figure out if I need to sell out and raise a(nother) ER GS for her. She's not quite building fast enough in a normal comp but she's intended to have electro resonance going so I think that should cover it?

If you're not using a turbo setup for energy recharge (Fischl + Xiangling usually) then I recommend a lot of energy recharge. I always try to keep at least 170%, and I think she's currently over 190%. Using the wolf's gravestone means I can get away with an energy recharge timepiece though.

EDIT: Typed in a hurry and missed the Xiangling part of that team.

AshtonDragon on
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    When I built Beidou it's because I wanted to try a Sucrose + Beidou + Xingqiu combo where you pop the Beidou + Xing ultimate combo and then generate massive group-wide resistance debuffs and elemental mastery boosts with Sucrose. It works quite well. Scales well with levels with its high reliance on reactions so gear isn't as critical.

However the team is fairly weak without at least one ultimate up so I geared her very heavily energy recharge. As long as one ultimate is up then Sucrose has some element to consistently swirl off of which can give her decent "auto attack" power.
    q4ug0tka9pqe.png

That basic indulgence into energy recharge has stuck with her since. As a support most of her power is in her ultimate and at 80 energy it is a serious climb. It is much harder to hit parries with her if you have to switch and then activate her ability... (perfect parries, or their like, generate twice as much energy per hit). So overkill isn't a bad idea.

I feel like it's hard to give advice in Genshin... in the characters I like she's one of the best carriers of the Thrice Refined Favonius Greatsword that I have and that's partially why she's turned out this way. If I had any five star greatswords everything would get shifted around and it might be different.

I guess I'd advise 200%+.

Corp.Shephard on
    So, new story stuff. Putting this in spoilers even though I'm talking about a minor detail instead of the actual story itself.
    I'm so tired of silent protagonists, and this continues to be one of my biggest gripes with this game. The story would so much better if they just let the protagonist be an actual character. I get it, leaving them silent and not using their name is what enables you to pick the main character's gender, which is a big plus! But is it really worth making every scene in the entire game extremely awkward? They've broken this a couple times before, but not doing in this quest is just baffling. This could have been a cool (if predictable/overly foreshadowed) story beat, but instead I was just kinda annoyed.

Holy exposition dumps.

steam_sig.png
    Did the story mission, got my water pet. Is there anything new stuff still coming in 1.4 or can I just play dead until 1.5?

Inquiry: is it actually possible to fight event bosses such as Rhodea with just 2 people?

My friend and I tried to last night and couldn't run it without getting 2 other randos in the group.

steam_sig.png
    Inquiry: is it actually possible to fight event bosses such as Rhodea with just 2 people?

My friend and I tried to last night and couldn't run it without getting 2 other randos in the group.

No. It even puts you into co-op mode but locks everyone else put when you solo it, which was a little disorienting the first time!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Just press F2 and change the option to turn searching for others off.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Huh. Got a Skyward Spine from soft pity off the standard banner. Can't feel too bad about getting a 5* weapon, but it's not really exciting (still only have two of the standard 5* characters), and I'm not sure who wants to use it the most. I guess it's probably worth it for Xiao just for the raw stats, even if he's sometimes not going to be getting any value out of that attack speed or vacuum blade. Also good for either Xiangling or Rosaria, although they both have an even bigger issue in that regard. All three are pretty desperate for energy recharge, so I have to expect it's a good choice for any of them. No idea how it competes with the Deathmatch for damage output, though... probably favorably since its raw attack is so much higher.

If nothing else, this might save me from passing around the favonius lance so much. Probably going to be a very long time before it's leveled though, since I have no rocks saved up and I know from experience how much it takes to level 5* weapons.

I'm using Skyward Spine on Rosaria. Her artifacts are crap so I can't really speak to the damage yet, but the recharge rate is definitely noticable.

I use a Blackcliff Pole on Xiao, since his ascension stat is crit. Probably better than Skyward Spine even with the higher raw atk on the 5* and cheaper to level up, not to mention way easier to refine. I did get a Spine as well but it's level 1 and I have no plans to level it up any time soon. Xiangling has a lvl 90 Crescent Pike and those two are my only polearm users. I guess if I was lucky enough to get Zhongli next time his banner is up I might have to level the 5* spear and start thinking who gets to use what.

• Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Huh, Endora does not pop out of view during Combat, did not think she would keep that behavior as a Pet.

Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Huh, Endora does not pop out of view during Combat, did not think she would keep that behavior as a Pet.

I think that was noted as a bug yesterday.

More concerning is that we no longer get to shoot bubbles. This is outrageous.

Looking at a Xiao guide, looks like the top DPS potential of the Skyward Spine is close enough to Deathmatch or the Blackcliff Pole for it to be worth it for the energy recharge. That said, I think it'll wind up being the weapon of choice for Rosaria in particular. Kinda makes me want to go for her C2, but... really don't want to risk rolling another Childe or Barbara.

I went to select my weapon from the BP and was going to take a second Pearl. Got distracted, ended up with a bow.

Fuck.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I went to select my weapon from the BP and was going to take a second Pearl. Got distracted, ended up with a bow.

Fuck.

:bro:

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular

Fuck.

Have you tried to write support to ask if you can get it swapped?

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    Nought wrote: »

Fuck.

Have you tried to write support to ask if you can get it swapped?

It's worth trying, I'll send a message later.

5* Venerer feathers exist, right?

Somewhere between that and my near-inability to get a +atk clock or goblet for Crimson Witch I am getting real annoyed with the artifact grind lately.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    5* Venerer feathers exist, right?

Somewhere between that and my near-inability to get a +atk clock or goblet for Crimson Witch I am getting real annoyed with the artifact grind lately.

Somehow the artifact grind has never really gotten to me. I guess it's partly the way you never know what you get so there's always that lootbox dopamine rush thing until you see the junk loot. That and the fact I still need about 234903943 artifacts to get all my older stuff to +20 so nothing I get is useless. It's talent book grind that depresses me since all you ever get is 4 blues and 4 greens and I need prosperity books for 3 high level characters so I could do Altar of Flames about 100 times in a row and still use all the books.